ROTS Anakin and Mace vs Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
ROTS scene Mace agrees with Anakin and together they decides to arrest Sidious to stand trial while Sidious has complained of being too weak help me anakin! Mace still has his arm and is standing over Sidious with his light lightsaber. Sidious then turns on both of them. Sidious has a second lightsaber hidden but both Mace and Anakin are prepared and ready.

rolling on floor laughing mad

quanchi112
Mace kills Sidious this time while Anakin watches.

EmperorSidious2
If that's the case Sidious can use the force to knock Anakin unconscious thus making this a Mace vs Sidious. Sidious would win due to him having the greater command of the force, and they were seen as equals when mace went into Vaapad so it would ultimately come down to force powers.

Sidious in a struggle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
If that's the case Sidious can use the force to knock Anakin unconscious thus making this a Mace vs Sidious. Sidious would win due to him having the greater command of the force, and they were seen as equals when mace went into Vaapad so it would ultimately come down to force powers.

Sidious in a struggle. Mace had Sidious at his mercy. He had to beg Anakin to save him. This is a stomp.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mace had Sidious at his mercy. He had to beg Anakin to save him. This is a stomp.

I wouldn't say he was completely defenseless. Besides, someone that can use Force lighting never really is. Sidious goes from pleading to be sparred to:

"POAHWAH!!!!!! UNLIMITED POAHWAH!!!!!!!"

From what I can see Sidious was just trying to edge Anakin closer to the Dark Side.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I wouldn't say he was completely defenseless. Besides, someone that can use Force lighting never really is. Sidious goes from pleading to be sparred to:

"POAHWAH!!!!!! UNLIMITED POAHWAH!!!!!!!"

From what I can see Sidious was just trying to edge Anakin closer to the Dark Side. I would. The only reason he switched from saying you will die to help me Anakin is because logically he ended his help to escape his current situation at the mercy of Windu.

EmperorSidious2
Mace had Sidious at his mercy. He had to beg Anakin to save him. This is a stomp.

I know how you feel about this and you know how I feel about this, however the novelization does say that the two are equals when mace was boosted by Vaapad they were equals with the saber. Anakin really can still be ragdolled by Sidious and taken out of the contest quickly if Sidious sees fit. Mace vs Sidious, the victor woudl ahve to come by virtue of their force powers, and Sidious outstrips everyone in force power. This is most certainly not a stomp for anyone here.

quanchi112
I know how you feel about this and you know how I feel about this, however the novelization does say that the two are equals when mace was boosted by Vaapad they were equals with the saber. Anakin really can still be ragdolled by Sidious and taken out of the contest quickly if Sidious sees fit. Mace vs Sidious, the victor woudl ahve to come by virtue of their force powers, and Sidious outstrips everyone in force power. This is most certainly not a stomp for anyone here. So what ? Windu did so under his own power and style. Sheev had his hands full with Windu and just needs to not aid Sheev while Windu kills him this time.

EmperorSidious2
So what ? Windu did so under his own power and style. Sheev had his hands full with Windu and just needs to not aid Sheev while Windu kills him this time.

I'm not downplaying mace. I fully agree that under Vaapad he would be able to stalemate him as of that battle. However the novelization says they were Equals. That means neither one can overpower the other by just their sheer skill with the saber. So eventually Sidious will use his command of the force to win the battle.

quanchi112
I'm not downplaying mace. I fully agree that under Vaapad he would be able to stalemate him as of that battle. However the novelization says they were Equals. That means neither one can overpower the other by just their sheer skill with the saber. So eventually Sidious will use his command of the force to win the battle. Save we see Windu best him via skill. That's evidence. You just saying yeah Sheev can win when the film says otherwise tells another tale.

EmperorSidious2
I'm not sure if Vaapad will be as potent now since Windu has had his chance to get his anger out and believe hd win the fight. So I'm not seeing Vaapad helping him to the same extent so with that I say that Sidious can actually win his battle with Mace with just his saber.

quanchi112
I'm not sure if Vaapad will be as potent now since Windu has had his chance to get his anger out and believe hd win the fight. So I'm not seeing Vaapad helping him to the same extent so with that I say that Sidious can actually win his battle with Mace with just his saber. Whatvyoubfeel isn't important. The facts are and Windu beat Sidious despite your denial.

TheNuisanceBird
I'm tempted to show him the Mace Vs Sidious Geek Rant.

EmperorSidious2
Save we see Windu best him via skill. That's evidence. You just saying yeah Sheev can win when the film says otherwise tells another tale.

Again with a boost that was only able to stalemate him. Also you and I have differing opinions on the Sidious vs Windu debate so rather not reopen that can of worms. That was one instance that is mysterious and debatable.

EmperorSidious2
I'm tempted to show him the Mace Vs Sidious Geek Rant?

He won't listen.

redpill
I'm tempted to show him the Mace Vs Sidious Geek Rant?

its too long. sad why does he say sidious wins?

redpill
He won't listen.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by redpill

In this match everything is the same except Sidious is now up agaisnt Windu and Anakin right?

redpill
I think anakin is enough to tip the battle to mace favor

TheNuisanceBird

He didn't say Sidious wins rather he was in control. Did you watch the whole video?

EmperorSidious2

You would have to watch it. It's pretty interesting to see someone who is unbiased look at it. I don't want to tamper with Antoine's good work.

redpill
In this match everything is the same except Sidious is now up agaisnt Windu and Anakin right? yes just as you saw in ROTS

EmperorSidious2
I think anakin is enough to tip the battle to mace favor

Sidious could actually ragdoll Anakin or shock him with lightning to take him out of the contest.

redpill
You would have to watch it. It's pretty interesting to see someone who is unbiased look at it. I don't want to tamper with Antoine's good work. ok how many minutes in does he draw his conclusion and i'll ff to that

EmperorSidious2
ok how many minutes in does he draw his conclusion and i'll ff to that

It's approximately 19:45. The first minute or so is really him giving an introduction. You can start at the 1:35 mark and that's when he actually starts his points and arguments.

quanchi112
I'm tempted to show him the Mace Vs Sidious Geek Rant. Is it some biased Palpatine lover ? What's funny is Palpatine is my second fave Star Wars character.

EmperorSidious2
Is it some biased Palpatine lover ? What's funny is Palpatine is my second fave Star Wars character.

No it's actually legit. It takes in all of the arguments, and analyzes them into his own opinion. It's well made and well researched.

quanchi112
Again with a boost that was only able to stalemate him. Also you and I have differing opinions on the Sidious vs Windu debate so rather not reopen that can of worms. That was one instance that is mysterious and debatable. Windu disarmed him so that's a fact. He won.

EmperorSidious2
Windu disarmed him so that's a fact. He won.

Supposedly. When taking everything into order that battle is all an act for Anakin.

quanchi112
Supposedly. When taking everything into order that battle is all an act for Anakin. That isn't a fact while disarming him is.

redpill
Sidious could actually ragdoll Anakin or shock him with lightning to take him out of the contest. only in yoda's dreams

redpill
It's approximately 19:45. The first minute or so is really him giving an introduction. You can start at the 1:35 mark and that's when he actually starts his points and arguments.

he obviously concludes sidious was playing possom rite?

EmperorSidious2
That isn't a fact while disarming him is.

Again when taking everything into context it's very suspicious.

EmperorSidious2
only in yoda's dreams

Then we look at other battles with Anakin. He's been forced pushed by the likes of Asajj Ventress and Barris Offee, both less powerful than Sidious. Anakin was also only able to stalemate Kenobi in an offensive force push contest. Yoda remarks that Obi wan isn't strong enough to fight the emperor. So with all of that Anakin can and will be ragdolled by Sidious.

EmperorSidious2
he obviously concludes sidious was playing possom rite?

It's more to it, but that is one of his conclusions.

redpill
Then we look at other battles with Anakin. He's been forced pushed by the likes of Asajj Ventress and Barris Offee, both less powerful than Sidious. Anakin was also only able to stalemate Kenobi in an offensive force push contest. Yoda remarks that Obi wan isn't strong enough to fight the emperor. So with all of that Anakin can and will be ragdolled by Sidious.

anakin had conflict and morals on

EmperorSidious2
anakin had conflict and morals on

No he didn't. He was perfectly willing to kill all 3 opponents here. Especially Kenobi.

redpill
No he didn't. He was perfectly willing to kill all 3 opponents here. Especially Kenobi. i don't think he was willing to kill Asajj Ventress and Barris Offee as a jedi. he wanted to arrest them

kenobi he was friends so he had conflict

quanchi112
Again when taking everything into context it's very suspicious. No, it isn't. Disarming is a fact.

EmperorSidious2
i don't think he was willing to kill Asajj Ventress and Barris Offee as a jedi. he wanted to arrest them

kenobi he was friends so he had conflict

Barris had just empersoanted his padawan, and blew up part of the Jedi temple killing other Jedi. Ventress was the enemy, but I get your point.

He didn't seem to have conflict when he risked his limbs to kill him, and also killing all the Jedi in the temple, even the younglings.

redpill
Barris had just empersoanted his padawan, and blew up part of the Jedi temple killing other Jedi. Ventress was the enemy, but I get your point.

He didn't seem to have conflict when he risked his limbs to kill him, and also killing all the Jedi in the temple, even the younglings. padme was there. that is conflict

EmperorSidious2
padme was there. that is conflict

That would put him over the edge seeing as how he believed Obi turned her against him.

redpill
That would put him over the edge seeing as how he believed Obi turned her against him. its called love. it creates conflict

EmperorSidious2
its called love. it creates conflict

Conflict that set Anakin to the point to where he would be perfectly willing to kill Barris for draining Ahsoka and Obi an turning Padme against him.

quanchi112
Mace wins.

TheNuisanceBird
Mace wins.

We know. You've stated your opinion already.

quanchi112
We know. You've stated your opinion already. You're becoming a real nuisance.

EmperorSidious2
If this becomes a mace vs Sidious fight, Mace isn't winning. Mace had many special circumstances that occurred that he won't be getting here. One of those being his boost. Vaapad I believe won't be as strong. My reasoning would be his personal anger. Yes it's still there, but possibly not as potent. He has already fought Sidious and redirected his power, and has Anakin on his side. He has achieved certain things that really reduce his inner anger.

Second. He can't use his shatterpoint like he did in the novel. Anakins on his side, or out of the competition due to Sidious' command of the force. With his Vaapad not being as potent anything less than what he brought to the table in ROTS is less than Sidious full power. With that he woudl be overwhelmed. Even if it is compleltely the same thy are still equals. With the equality, it will eventually come down to force powers.

quanchi112
If this becomes a mace vs Sidious fight, Mace isn't winning. Mace had many special circumstances that occurred that he won't be getting here. One of those being his boost. Vaapad I believe won't be as strong. My reasoning would be his personal anger. Yes it's still there, but possibly not as potent. He has already fought Sidious and redirected his power, and has Anakin on his side. He has achieved certain things that really reduce his inner anger.

Second. He can't use his shatterpoint like he did in the novel. Anakins on his side, or out of the competition due to Sidious' command of the force. With his Vaapad not being as potent anything less than what he brought to the table in ROTS is less than Sidious full power. With that he woudl be overwhelmed. Even if it is compleltely the same thy are still equals. With the equality, it will eventually come down to force powers. Why wouldn't he get angry ? You can deny the facts all you want and there's no evidence Palpatine wins only tang he loses. Nah, Windu disarms and kills him.

EmperorSidious2
Why wouldn't he get angry ? You can deny the facts all you want and there's no evidence Palpatine wins only tang he loses. Nah, Windu disarms and kills him.

I never said he won't get angry, just not as angry as he was then. He's already engaged Sidious in his in the moment action sequence. The evil me is in the movie and novelization. In the novelization he has Vaapad to a certain point, and shatterpoint, and the movie Sidious is stalking the battle for Anakin. Here Anakin is already on Mace's side. That shatterpoint can't work again. I've already explained Vaapad so all of that Mace isn't winning again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.