Larfleeze (Pre-Flashpoint) Vs Star Brand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i61.tinypic.com/2sb999k.jpg

vs

http://i62.tinypic.com/ogjcbs.jpg

Galan007
Larf only has a few feats that have really impressed me.

One was his fodderizing of multiple Controllers. Another was his battle with Invictus. Both showings were uber as f*ck.

zopzop
Larfleeze.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Larf only has a few feats that have really impressed me.

One was his fodderizing of multiple Controllers. Another was his battle with Invictus. Both showings were uber as f*ck. Invictus was post flashpoint, right?

Galan007
Yes. We saw that battle during New Guardians. However, Lantern continuity remained unaltered by the Flashpoint reboot initially--so that *should* have been the same Larfleeze in both instances.

Cogito
Fair enough thumb up

Ol' Shellhead
Is this the current Avengers Starbrand because he is weak sauce compared to Starbrand's of the past.

carver9
Starbrand wins. Why is current Starbrand weaksauce? Who beat him for you to say that?

Ol' Shellhead
Originally posted by carver9
Starbrand wins. Why is current Starbrand weaksauce? Who beat him for you to say that?

Clearly you don't read comics otherwise you would understand my statement.

carver9
Originally posted by Ol' Shellhead
Clearly you don't read comics otherwise you would understand my statement.

Tell me what showings make you think Starbrand is weak.

Ol' Shellhead
Listen Troll, if you don't realise the original starbrand was used by the stranger to move the Earth. Was poweful enough to warrant interventions from the living tribunal as Quasar and the Surfer were getting a kicking. You don't read comics, the new starbrand is weaksauce.

carver9
Listen Troll, if you don't realise the original starbrand was used by the stranger to move the Earth. Was poweful enough to warrant interventions from the living tribunal as Quasar and the Surfer were getting a kicking. You don't read comics, the new starbrand is weaksauce.

Troll. I'm not asking you to compare him to his previous incarnation. What I'm asking you troll is to tell me why he is weak sauce. Do you even know what weaksauce mean? Again, why is he a weakling?

Ol' Shellhead
Troll. I'm not asking you to compare him to his previous incarnation. What I'm asking you troll is to tell me why he is weak sauce. Do you even know what weaksauce mean? Again, why is he a weakling?

Listen troll, can't you comprehend English. My initial post compared him to the earlier incarnation as weaksauce are you completely retarded?

carver9
Listen troll, can't you comprehend English. My initial post compared him to the earlier incarnation as weaksauce are you completely retarded?

So you admit troll that overall, he isn't weaksauce?

Ol' Shellhead
So you admit troll that overall, he isn't weaksauce?

Read my initial post simpleton.

carver9
Read my initial post simpleton.

Glad we came to an agreement that Starbrand is a beast. Back on topic, Starbrand wins.

Ol' Shellhead
Glad we came to an agreement that Starbrand is a beast. Back on topic, Starbrand wins.

Larfleeze wins on present feats for present characters. Earlier versions of Starbrand win.

carver9
Starbrand wins based off of the team he fought while holding back AND killing a Beyonder while he was near death.

Ol' Shellhead
Starbrand wins based off of the team he fought while holding back AND killing a Beyonder while he was near death.

Larfleeze would do all that, hell everyone beats up on beyonders in Disney Marvel.

carver9
Larfleeze would do all that, hell everyone beats up on beyonders in Disney Marvel.

Lies.

So you think Lar can beat up a team that consist of Thor, Hyperion, Ironman, Captain Marvel, and Hulk, while holding back? What are you basing this off of?

Zack M
Lies.

So you think Lar can beat up a team that consist of Thor, Hyperion, Ironman, Captain Marvel, and Hulk, while holding back? What are you basing this off of?

Did you see his fight against that Trans cosmic team he fought in his series? Yes, he would do it.

DarkSaint85
Lies.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/3423/887572-822029_larfleeze_vs__the_guardians_super.jpg

And since you think that 4 Guardians make a match for Odin....

Galan007
Also this:
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/24283687_Green_Lantern_2005-2011_039-005.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/24283692_Green_Lantern_2005-2011_039-006.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/24283701_Green_Lantern_2005-2011_039-007.jpg

"We are as strong as the Guardians of the Universe..."

Ol' Shellhead
Lies.

So you think Lar can beat up a team that consist of Thor, Hyperion, Ironman, Captain Marvel, and Hulk, while holding back? What are you basing this off of? I feel bad for you durpalm

Zack M
I think Larfleeze's showings against House of Tuath-Dan are just as good if not better than the Controllers. Op and I think they're all trans, if not very High end heralds.

http://i61.tinypic.com/28s62w1.jpg

Stoic
I think that it is a little too early to make this thread. Starbrand has yet to even be fleshed out.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zack M
I think Larfleeze's showings against House of Tuath-Dan are just as good if not better than the Controllers. Op and I think they're all trans, if not very High end heralds. Very good showing. I didn't mention it because I'm not sure it still qualifies as "pre-Flashpoint" Larfleeze. /sshrug

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes. We saw that battle during New Guardians. However, Lantern continuity remained unaltered by the Flashpoint reboot initially--so that *should* have been the same Larfleeze in both instances.

Wait, how? Or was it something similar to the first crisis when they were "outside the universe" at the time.

F---ing DC continuity, man. Smh.

Galan007
It was Johns. In a nutshell: he wasn't done with his stint on GL when the whole Flashpoint thing happened, so his GL continuity remained intact afterward... Almost like it was an offshoot.

No in-universe explanation was given.

Digi
Lol. Well, ok. I'm done trying to figure it out anyway. Thanks though.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that it is a little too early to make this thread. Starbrand has yet to even be fleshed out.
It's pretty much over brother. Time to let the Starbrand go, at least till another writer comes along and undoes the damage Hickman did to it and the rest of the NU.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
It's pretty much over brother. Time to let the Starbrand go, at least till another writer comes along and undoes the damage Hickman did to it and the rest of the NU.

Nah, Kevin is about to get a new series. The last showing that he had, he was said to be a Star God when he had a run in with another of his kind. It's just too early in the game to place him against high powered guys like Larfleeze. I can almost guarantee that he is well above Nova Prime though. He went from shrugging off mid level attacks by the Avengers to being cut by a butcher knife, which shows that the Brand makes it's user as powerful as they imagine that they are.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Nah, Kevin is about to get a new series. The last showing that he had, he was said to be a Star God when he had a run in with another of his kind. It's just too early in the game to place him against high powered guys like Larfleeze. I can almost guarantee that he is well above Nova Prime though.
I've given up all hope. You see the latest Marvel Zombies scans in the Ownage thread (thanks to OneAngryScot)?

A Bloodstone wielder laughed off an attack by the Asgardian Destroyer, then retaliated and slagged it. I don't see the this Starbrand doing that.........EVER.

Juntai
Originally posted by Digi
Wait, how? Or was it something similar to the first crisis when they were "outside the universe" at the time.

F---ing DC continuity, man. Smh. Green Lantern has seem some alterations of course of course over time, but its continuity actually goes all the way back into the early 70s at the very least and has largely been unhindered and unchanged by Crisis events.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
I've given up all hope. You see the latest Marvel Zombies scans in the Ownage thread (thanks to OneAngryScot)?

A Bloodstone wielder laughed off an attack by the Asgardian Destroyer, then retaliated and slagged it. I don't see the this Starbrand doing that.........EVER.

Wait and see. Just remember what he did to those star ships in that story with the Alephs. Forget the name of the series. You simply have to give it some time. I'm pretty sure that you're going to change your mind.

Digi
Originally posted by Juntai
Green Lantern has seem some alterations of course of course over time, but its continuity actually goes all the way back into the early 70s at the very least and has largely been unhindered and unchanged by Crisis events.

It's actually trickier than that. Because the Guardians and most of the Corps was untouched by the original Crisis (CoIE), but a couple GLs were present for it and affected by it, iirc. So it depends.

And they were untouched by FP apparently?! Were they eventually rebooted by it, or not at all? And, according to Galan, there's no in-comic explanation for it. I mean, Hal certainly seems different. Surely he can't be pre-FP Hal....right???

I kinda like the idea that there exists characters who are untouched by continuity for literally decades, but I remain skeptical.

Stoic
It's actually trickier than that. Because the Guardians and most of the Corps was untouched by the original Crisis (CoIE), but a couple GLs were present for it and affected by it, iirc. So it depends.

And they were untouched by FP apparently?! Were they eventually rebooted by it, or not at all? And, according to Galan, there's no in-comic explanation for it. I mean, Hal certainly seems different. Surely he can't be pre-FP Hal....right???

I kinda like the idea that there exists characters who are untouched by continuity for literally decades, but I remain skeptical.

If Hal was untouched by the continuity shift why didn't he go up to Superman and say "nice change of costume, you finally realized how stupid it looked to be wearing your undies on the outside". Or, "Why are you with Diana, what happened to Lois?".

KingD19
Just to clear it up for me, the reason Larfleeze is so powerful is because he is the Orange Lantern Corps, right? He's the Guardians, the Lanterns, the power battery, etc... All rolled up into a single package, correct?

DarkSaint85
He's also pretty much uninhibited, and the orange spectrum is quite powerful, bring far from the centre.

Galan007
Originally posted by KingD19
Just to clear it up for me, the reason Larfleeze is so powerful is because he is the Orange Lantern Corps, right? He's the Guardians, the Lanterns, the power battery, etc... All rolled up into a single package, correct? That, along with the fact that he has used very little energy from his Battery(relative to the other Corps', of course):
http://i.imgur.com/bm5jlRz.png

IOW, he also possesses a much greater reserve of energy than the others.

Decter
Larfleeze

iceman24567
Larf wins

KingD19
So he's powerful because he's greedy, and he's greedy because he's powerful. It's like a self perpetuating energy cycle lol.

Galan007
Exactly. laughing out loud

Juntai

I kinda like the idea that there exists characters who are untouched by continuity for literally decades, but I remain skeptical. Soft-reset, I suppose to re-align the characters of the universe, but nothing more.. Green Lantern's entire history remains intact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.