Armed Israeli Citizen vs Palestinian Terrorist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
In the latest string of mass stabbings in Israel, this tops it.

Palestinian drove through a crowd of people then got out with a butchers knife and started hacking and slashing innocent people.

http://concealednation.org/2015/10/warning-graphic-video-how-long-does-it-take-an-armed-citizen-to-take-out-a-terrorist-about-17-seconds/

https://twitter.com/LTCPeterLerner/status/653856651011837952/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ascendancy
Pretty graphic to say the least. Don't see how someone does that to another person, sits there and hacks at them with a butcher knife.

Star428
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
In the latest string of mass stabbings in Israel, this tops it.

Palestinian drove through a crowd of people then got out with a butchers knife and started hacking and slashing innocent people.

http://concealednation.org/2015/10/warning-graphic-video-how-long-does-it-take-an-armed-citizen-to-take-out-a-terrorist-about-17-seconds/

https://twitter.com/LTCPeterLerner/status/653856651011837952/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hmmm.... What was that certain people on the left were saying about Israel being the bad guys and the poor poor Palestinians the good ones? laughing out loud

Robtard
Random Israeli isn't the Israeli government, just as random Palestinian psycho-rager isn't all Palestinians.

jaden101
https://youtu.be/QOCi3_o9pok
U wot m8?

Star428
Originally posted by Star428
Hmmm.... What was that certain people on the left were saying about Israel being the bad guys and the poor poor Palestinians the good ones? laughing out loud

It's not like this is the first time Palestinians have terrorized Israeli citizens either. No wonder Israel feels the need to be proactive in defending itself from Palestinian bastards. Then some people here (usually ignorant libs) have the nerve to say that Israel is the bad guy when they retaliate for those coward ass attacks committed by inhuman pieces of garbage. LMAO.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
https://youtu.be/QOCi3_o9pok
U wot m8?

Ugh, warning please next time.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
Ugh, warning please next time.

Why? He didn't get one. And that's tame. I could put up the one of the charcoal baby with its lower torso blown off.

Robtard
So what did that kid supposedly do?

jaden101
Terrurizm bru

Tattoos N Scars
They need government regulations on all knives.

Robtard
There are regulations on knives, at least in some states. Usually deals with restrictions on blade length and when/where you can conceal one.

Tattoos N Scars
There are regulations on knives, at least in some states. Usually deals with restrictions on blade length and when/where you can conceal one.

That is true. I was only being facetious, comparing it to the debate over gun control.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Star428
It's not like this is the first time Palestinians have terrorized Israeli citizens either. No wonder Israel feels the need to be proactive in defending itself from Palestinian bastards. Then some people here (usually ignorant libs) have the nerve to say that Israel is the bad guy when they retaliate for those coward ass attacks committed by inhuman pieces of garbage. LMAO.

https://friendsofpalestine.wordpress.com/resources-and-readings/image-galleries/photos-of-israeli-white-phosphorus-attacks-on-un-schools-in-gaza/

Hopefully Israel will give retaliatory strikes like the link above on these terrorist scum. thumb up

long pig
Iisrael should just wipe them all out. Those savages will never be peaceful. Turn Palestinian to glass.

The Ecks

Star428
Not sure what your point is. Does that excuse Palestinians from committing acts of terrorism against Israeli's? I don't think myself or Long pig used any racial slurs so unless you're addressing one of those people I have on ignore I don't understand what you're getting at.

The Ecks
And probably you will never understand that.
First of this is movies forum, why are there more posts on religion and politics than movies?
Second, I find it strange that a few bravados here are trying so hard to force their limited to square states mindset to the rest of the members.

long pig
Originally posted by The Ecks
First of this is movies forum, why are there more posts on religion and politics than movies?
Second, I find it strange that a few bravados here are trying so hard to force their limited to square states mindset to the rest of the members.
Climb down from your ivory tower and try acting like you have a pair of balls between your legs instead of in your mouth.

The Ecks
Look who is talking darling. Mind adjusting my crown?

psmith81992
Look who is talking darling. Mind adjusting my crown?

Yawn. A sniveling idiot copying wikipedia while simultaneously unable to type properly. Moving on.

Star428

You do realize that General Discussion and Religion forums are both just a small part of this website right? There are several parts of website that are devoted to movies.

-Pr-
Random Israeli isn't the Israeli government, just as random Palestinian psycho-rager isn't all Palestinians.

I know this, and you know this, but...

Prof. T.C McAbe
The israel government is doing an ethnic cleansing since years, sure there are desperate people who become monsters because of it.

One should never condemn a whole country for the evil of few, or it's government.

I like the Americans, even though their government is one of the most evil out there and the world leader of terror and war.

Star428
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The israel government is doing an ethnic cleansing since years, sure there are desperate people who become monsters because of it.

One should never condemn a whole country for the evil of few, or it's government.

I like the Americans, even though their government is one of the most evil out there and the world leader of terror and war.

One of the most evil? Leader of terror? laughing out loud

Okay. roll eyes (sarcastic)

...and the Palestinians have deserved every single thing that the Israeli military has done to them. thumb up

vansonbee
I knew those bombardments on the Palestinian was well deserved a while back. These knife attacks are terrifying for the citizens, hopefully more bombing will stop these attacks?

Ol' Shellhead
Originally posted by psmith81992
Yawn. A sniveling idiot copying wikipedia while simultaneously unable to type properly. Moving on.

It's not like anything you say is original.

Ol' Shellhead
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Solid post. thumb up

FinalAnswer
It's funny, because Jewish terrorists, the literal definition of the word, were an active part in the creation of Israel and are celebrated by its government.

psmith81992
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It's funny, because Jewish terrorists, the literal definition of the word, were an active part in the creation of Israel and are celebrated by its government.

Uh... No.. The only part of the creation of Israel was the "holocaust" part. Lol@Jewish terrorists.

FinalAnswer
Uh... No.. The only part of the creation of Israel was the "holocaust" part. Lol@Jewish terrorists.

Oh are you one of those people that thinks the world gave the Jews Palestine as a consolation prize after WW2?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jewish_Resistance_Movement

Educate yourself thumb up

psmith81992
thumb up

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005459
http://www.theocracywatch.org/christian_zionism_israel_forms.htm
http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Microsoft%20Word%20-%203575.pdf
http://www.history.ucsb.edu/projects/holocaust/Research/Proseminar/tomerkleinman.htm

thumb up

It's cute that you think 3 pseudoterrorist groups, responsible for less than 400 deaths altogether, condemned by most people (including Jews), and are an outlier in the Jewish world, were responsible for the creation of Israel. REALLY good effort there buddy thumb up

FinalAnswer
Learn to read, I said they had an active part in the creation of Israel, not that they were wholly responsible.

And they were most certainly not condemned by the Israeli government, considering the Lehi ribbon was established as a military decoration, and the bodies of Lord Moyne's assassins were laid in the Hall of Heroism and buried in full military honours. Those groups were terrorists, they acted in the fashion of terrorists, to spread fear to achieve their goals, and targeted civilians during their period of activity. The Israeli government pardoned and absorbed these groups after the formation of the country. Sorry that Israel has its roots linked with terrorism. thumb down

Ushgarak
Whoa there, psmith. You might want to debate the specifics there, but it is a fact that the Jewish authorities did indeed celebrate the role of Lehi for its role in establishing Israel. This isn't just vague talk- the authorities actually gave them a specific service ribbon in recognition of that.

Obviously it's silly to say that terrorism alone made it happen, but it's just as silly to cut them out of history just because it's morally inconvenient to you.

psmith81992
But not pivotal on any level.

It doesn't though. The fact that A happened before B happened doesn't give it "roots". The fact that the government at the time praised it while the majority of Jews condemned it doesn't change that either. thumb up

I'm not cutting them out at all, that's why I called them an outlier, but it's silly to claim the creation of the state has roots linked to terrorism.

And Ush, as a Jew I'm telling you what Jewish people think. There are those that still celebrate those groups but they are a small minority and are often dismissed as extremists/zionists by the majority of other Jews.

The approval for the creation of the state and the resources given to create said state after WWII was as close to a direct result of the holocaust as possible. It might have happened eventually without the holocaust, but those two necessary things happened because of it.

Ushgarak
I think you being Jewish is just blinding you to any objective analysis here. What you claim people do or do not think is not actually relevant to this discussion- though incidentally, it wasn't just the Jewish government 'at the time'- this was being celebrated decades later (when the ribbon was given out) just like the bombing of the King David Hotel was.

I am not entirely sure what you can possibly mean by "it's silly to claim the creation of the state has roots linked to terrorism." I am afraid it does- such terrorist acts were a fundamental part of Israel's creation. They were a huge factor in the British withdrawal. That is why they were lauded by the authorities.

psmith81992
That's very easy to say, I can accuse you of closing every conservative based thread because of your liberal leanings, but that would be a copout and probably intellectually dishonest. I did not say anything about government support of the Jewish terror groups in the 40s. What I said was that the majority of Jews condemned them, and this is an actual fact.

What I mean is, the state would have been created without the groups, whether a decade or two later without the holocaust, or in 1948 as a result.

Bardock42
Well, to be fair, what you said was "Lol@Jewish terrorists"

Though I'm not sure how to take that

Ushgarak
That would be a pretty stupid thing to say about me, seeing as I am a conservative voter. I close the extremist threads on both sides- as you would know if you were paying attention- because they are stupid. Your attempt to draw a parallel there with that I just said about you is ridiculous. Your behaviour, in particular the vehemence of your reply to FA, indicates your biased stance.

It's hard to take it as fact your idea they are so widely condemned when people behind these bombings became, say, Prime Minister of Israel. This is not exactly evidence of widespread public condemnation. It's less than a decade since the hotel bombing was celebrated as a major achievement. You might say one thing- the evidence I see, including of that of talking to many jews, says otherwise. They of course, described it as freedom fighting, but we all know that's just wordplay.

Simply put- I do not remotely trust you as a source on this one, and you are clearly ignorant of the facts.

If you want to mean that, that's fine- but FA's original contention that terrorism was an active part in Israel's creation is simply correct, and your response was hasty and unhelpful.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, to be fair, what you said was "Lol@Jewish terrorists"

Though I'm not sure how to take that Jewish terrorists are such an outlier, that\s really what I meant.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That would be a pretty stupid thing to say about me, seeing as I am a conservative voter. I close the extremist threads on both sides- as you would know if you were paying attention- because they are stupid. Your attempt to draw a parallel there with that I just said about you is ridiculous. Your behaviour, in particular the vehemence of your reply to FA, indicates your biased stance.

It's hard to take it as fact your idea they are so widely condemned when people behind these bombings became, say, Prime Minister of Israel. This is not exactly evidence of widespread public condemnation. It's less than a decade since the hotel bombing was celebrated as a major achievement. You might say one thing- the evidence I see, including of that of talking to many jews, says otherwise. They of course, described it as freedom fighting, but we all know that's just wordplay.

Simply put- I do not remotely trust you as a source on this one, and you are clearly ignorant of the facts.

If you want to mean that, that's fine- but FA's original contention that terrorism was an active part in Israel's creation is simply correct, and your response was hasty and unhelpful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Zionist_political_violence#Condemnation_as_terrori
sm

Simply repeating that I'm biased doesn't make it so.

Ushgarak
Well I think it would be very helpful in future if you put some measure of thought into your posts instead of childish comments like that one, then. You have no-one to blame but yourself there.

Ushgarak
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Zionist_political_violence#Condemnation_as_terrori
sm

Simply repeating that I'm biased doesn't make it so.

It';s not the repetition, but the logical reasoning behind what I said that gives my post merit. A context-less link from you changes nothing.

Bardock42
Jewish terrorists are such an outlier, that\s really what I meant.

I guess, but terrorism is a tool of those without power, though that says little about the predisposition of the people. When Jews had no power they used terrorism to their advantage to get what they want as well...

Additionally certain acts done by the Israeli government are definitely designed to invoke fear and terror in Palestinians...

psmith81992
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It';s not the repetition, but the logical reasoning behind what I said that gives my post merit. A context-less link from you changes nothing. The link gives exact context to the conversation.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/season.html

But hey, i'm posting relevant links and quotes and your only response is "nope" so it looks like you already made up your mind beforehand.

psmith81992
I guess, but terrorism is a tool of those without power, though that says little about the predisposition of the people. When Jews had no power they used terrorism to their advantage to get what they want as well...

Additionally certain acts done by the Israeli government are definitely designed to invoke fear and terror in Palestinians... Sure, but if you want to compare death tolls from jewish terrorism vs. Palestinian terrorism, it's not even close. Not that it makes it right, of course.

Ushgarak
First of all, it is incumbent on you to explain the context. Secondly, as has already been pointed out to you, all these terrorists were pardoned after independence, and then later celebrated and rewarded, so any vague words of condemnation simply look utterly false.

Don't try and make out I am the one arguing badly here. You're the one who blundered in in ignorance, and now you are desperately back-pedalling and trying to re-phrase your argument to try and look less foolish, now posting links that don't change the stage of the argument at all.

The hunting season was soon abandoned and the three main groups turned against the British again.

Think more, pay attention to what has been posted, read posts properly and don't make foolish posts, like the one you made to FA, in future.

Terrorism helped create Israel. The terrorists were celebrated and rewarded. These are the facts. The morality of it can be argued, but not the facts of it.

FinalAnswer
But not pivotal on any level.

It doesn't though. The fact that A happened before B happened doesn't give it "roots". The fact that the government at the time praised it while the majority of Jews condemned it doesn't change that either. thumb up

I'm not cutting them out at all, that's why I called them an outlier, but it's silly to claim the creation of the state has roots linked to terrorism.

Considering, as Ush said, they were pivotal in influencing British withdrawal and in the conflict with the Arabs after partition, that's objectively wrong.

And I honestly don't give a hoot what the majority of Jewish people feel on the matter, although considering leaders of Lehi and Irgun later went on to serve as Prime Ministers, and don't appear to be lambasted by the Israeli people, I sincerely doubt that. No, my beef has always been with the Israeli government, who have always celebrated these terrorists, and continue to do so into the modern day.

Bardock42
Sure, but if you want to compare death tolls from jewish terrorism vs. Palestinian terrorism, it's not even close. Not that it makes it right, of course.

If we exclude the mentioned government supported acts of "terrorism...

psmith81992
My goodness, you love making things up. "Blundered in ignorance", "back pedaling"? I mean did you just recently start making baseless accusations or have you always been doing that? Please tell me how I have "blundereed in ignorance" or am backpedaling, because I've been pretty clear about the condemnation from the start. Go ahead, I'll wait. I expect a "if you don't know I won't tell you" copout.

I posted links that explain the condemnation, your response is "no, you're ignorant". You're going to have to do a better job to make your point because you're not only failing miserably, you're pretty much trolling now.

Prove this. Screaming "fact!" doesn't make it so

Please don't be intentionally misleading. Being celebrated and rewarded by key officials while condemned by the majority of Jews is what's factual.

Not unless you use a very liberal definition of terrorism.

Bardock42
Well, the problem with how terrorism deaths are counted in the Israel-Palestine conflict is that all deaths caused by Palestinians are considered acts of terrorism and all deaths caused by Israel (although considerably greater) are counted as acceptable acts of war.

Ushgarak
psmith, everyone can see you backing up here. Eeeryone can see you initially totally denying what FA said with your childish comment and then later having to say 'What I meant was...', and then trying to re-contextualise it. It's all there, in the text of your own posts, for all to see. Your response here is feeble.

Nothing is being made up. This is, factually, what you did. Now grow up and stop making further childish posts and denials. I mean that in general, because a lot of your posts are going that way now. I am running out of patience for that kind of posting all over.

Feel free to look up the UK responses to the King David Hotel bombing and the Sergeants affair to see the role they had in the British withdrawal- a Parliamentary meeting almost immediately after the latter, called because of the latter, was the decision point.

And you are the one who keeps sidestepping things like the ex-terorrists becoming Prime Minister. I am not in any way being intentionally misleading. I am sticking to what is known.

psmith81992
Well, the problem with how terrorism deaths are counted in the Israel-Palestine conflict is that all deaths caused by Palestinians are considered acts of terrorism and all deaths caused by Israel (although considerably greater) are counted as acceptable acts of war.

I consider suicide bombs and ketushah rockets acts of terrorism. I think if we use "terrorism" the way it's been used on a consistent basis, the Palestinians win by a large margin. And again, you advocate context instead of black and white statements and you're making a black and white statements here. The deaths Palestinian cause are consistent with acts of terrorism. The deaths the Israeli government cause can certainly be debated, but that's the point.

Bardock42
I consider suicide bombs and ketushah rockets acts of terrorism. I think if we use "terrorism" the way it's been used on a consistent basis, the Palestinians win by a large margin. And again, you advocate context instead of black and white statements and you're making a black and white statements here. The deaths Palestinian cause are consistent with acts of terrorism. The deaths the Israeli government cause can certainly be debated, but that's the point.

Not all deaths caused by Palestinians fit the definition of terrorism either, though, indeed I am advocating for taking context into account. I don't think acts of war like attacking security forces is necessarily terrorism just because it is perpetrated by groups that don't have statehood recognized by the UN

psmith81992
Mod bashing post removed

Ushgarak
Ok, you wanted to make a moderator argument- have a week off to think about your behaviour.

Bardock42
I'm so curious now....I clicked just a second too late...

Ushgarak
He's posted plenty like it before.

FinalAnswer
I saw 131

And it was basically just an ad hominem attack.

Bardock42
At any rate, this thread has been informative for me, I did not know anything about early Jewish terrorism and how it ties into the creation of Israel....and that's more than I can say about basically any other GDF thread recently

Ushgarak
If he wasn't so obsessed with straight denial, it's a workable debate- it's not as if post-war Britain has a reputation for caring and fair colonial administration that was willing to leave peaceably, and it was only just after a period of mass civilian bombings and nuclear weapon use. If you want to make an ';ends justify the means' argument, then the case is at least open for someone to try and make it. It's a morally complicated area.

There is of course a potential irony in comparing it to Palestinian groups, but it's a bit blunt actually to be ironic for me. It's just how oppressed groups work.

jsoah19198
I'm so curious now....I clicked just a second too late...

No, you didn't miss anything. Ush has had a history of trolling, providing no substance to posts and abusing his power over the years. He was laughed off the star wars subforum for a few months after banning a huge number of people. So I went ahead and had a program created to make mass accounts. I'm at about 180 right now. So short of shutting down the forum, Ush can't abuse his power anymore.

Ushgarak
I am leaving that one in so we can see why psmith has to have his main account banned now.

It's exactly the kind of childish behaviour that unfortunately some people cannot escape from. All he will do is run around ruining the forums with his endless complaints.

psmith- this will just make people hate you. I'm pretty secure in my reputation, so nothing you say bothers me there. But if you want to make people hate you more, go for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.