Why do so may Americans think they are so much better than other first world nations?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ol' Shellhead
Frankly the US scares me. How can a first world nation with so much money be so horrible to it's people, yet be so loved by them? The amount of power the government and media has over the populace is terrifying.
You guys don't have proper healthcare, millions have had their lives destroyed, their health taken from them due to worry and many have even died due to the system set up.
Your prison systems are built to punish and incarcerate as many people as possible, it's the biggest slave labour force on Earth and yet somehow found not in Africa but the worlds richest country.
You don't have mandatory holidays at work, and a finite number of sick days (how does this work, how do you plan sickness?). This must be awful, the worry that would instil.
The media constantly lies and makes out the world to be a far more dangerous place than it is, which has created a wave of terror allowing the government to pass several laws which breach the constitution and human rights.
Minimum wages are dodgy at best, for waitressing staff this has resulted in the tipping culture, where the pressure is fobbed out onto the customer and anyone who doesn't tip is considered horrible.
Food is cheap which is great, however it's corn syrup that is subsidised not sensible things like fruit and veg, your beef companies have 'monopolised' and can pass whatever laws they want. Your FDA are appalling, for example the term 'natural' on packaging has no legal definition at all.
Your workers have very little legal protection, meaning you have to toe the line or risk being fired. If you get fired there is little to no support, which increases stress, increased stress inhibits regeneration (so don't get sick and fired at the same time! But don't forget you can get fired for being sick), medical bills are obscene even with insurance because the health system is set up to make people money not healthy.
Frankly I think the reason Americans think they are better is because they are told this. They are told this because if they believe everywhere else is worse they are more happy to put up with the crap their government peddles. As people say, being rich in America is great, being poor sucks. However being rich in any country is great so I don't get the reasoning personally.
Another reason would be power. Britain has been a global power for centuries and as such many people thought (some still do) that they are better than everyone else. Indeed many people say God himself is English to explain away why storms and other weather have protected England (and the rest of Britain) from invasion over the centuries.
Now America is the global super-power and people seem to think that you become a power by being better than everyone else. This is of course bollocks, you become a super power by luck and geography. Spain was once the most powerful country in the world, some people couldn't even find it on a map anymore.

Bashar Teg
You're getting too eager and transparent again.

Robtard
That's a C/P and though I only skimmed it, I immediately realized that the poster who made that is a beta-male cuckold coward who most definitely isn't any good at basketball.

long pig
Penis size? We pack summer sausages, bro.

We're taller. Cooler. Better in bed.

We're better than you.

Ushgarak
Stop opening troll threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.