Prime Shannon Briggs vs Wladimir Klitschko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Ok, so everyone knows about Briggs' antics, harrassing the Heavyweight champion, calling him out, of course Vitali whooped him, but had they both been in their prime, who would've won?

AsbestosFlaygon
Prime Klitschko, imho

Jmanghan
Really? :/ Briggs beat George Foreman.

AsbestosFlaygon
Different era, different conditioning.

Boxers (or athletes in general) these days are better conditioned than they were before. Science and technology has pushed the boundaries of peak human conditioning. Even though heavyweights look slow and cumbersome these days, they hit harder and are more durable than heavyweights from the past.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Different era, different conditioning.

Boxers (or athletes in general) these days are better conditioned than they were before. Science and technology has pushed the boundaries of peak human conditioning. Even though heavyweights look slow and cumbersome these days, they hit harder and are more durable than heavyweights from the past. Briggs has been on a roll lately though, he has been utterly destroying his opponents from what I've seen.

AsbestosFlaygon
Briggs fought a 48-year-old Foreman. Nothing special about that. He also lost to Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitscho. He's not beating Wladimir in his prime.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Briggs fought a 48-year-old Foreman. Nothing special about that. He also lost to Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitscho. He's not beating Wladimir in his prime. He gave Lewis one hell of a fight though.

As for Vitali... I'll admit Briggs got utterly destroyed in that fight.

But to be fair, Vitali is usually regarded as better Overall then his little brother Wladimir.

Its not like age is an issue, as Briggs is very close in age with Wladimir.

Like I said before though, Briggs has been destroying every opponent thrown his way since his comeback.

dynamix
Foreman got rob, just an fyi, lol. i thought it was pretty obvious.

Photon-2
Briggs defeateed Foremon true . But Foreman was too slow and too heavy .

Prime Wladimir wins .

His punches harder

Steve Zodiac
Briggs had a prime..? The Klitschko Brothers dominated the heavyweight division longer than anyone in the modern era. Someone has been smoking crack and people should never smoke a drug named after a body part.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Briggs had a prime..? The Klitschko Brothers dominated the heavyweight division longer than anyone in the modern era. Someone has been smoking crack and people should never smoke a drug named after a body part. Briggs was amazing at one point in time.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Briggs was amazing at one point in time. Yeah, but no! PED's just made him a drug cheat.

Jmanghan

Jmanghan
Also he didn't use PED's in his prime afaik, he failed twice in his career, once for banned substances that weren't PED's at all to treat his asthma in 2009, and another time in 2017, both reasonably past what one would consider his prime.

Also those treating Briggs as a joke need to chill, he's had 6 losses in his entire career, only 2 of them by KO.

2 KO's and 4 decision losses out of a 68-fight career.

53 KO's, 37 of which were in the first round.

Old Man Whirly!
No Briggs was never amazing. Respect for overcoming his Asthma, but that's it really. EVERYTIME apart from the past his prime Foreman he fought a Champion, he lost. Yes, he had a punch, like Tyson and Wilder, two other fighters who beat people until they fought true greats. Tyson actually comes 6 in my list of true great retired modern heavyweights behind, Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, and the Klitchko's. Wilder when he retires after Fury puts the hurt on him again will come in ten. Briggs... won't come in.

Trocity
Foreman was like 50 years old when he fought Briggs and very clearly got robbed.

The Cannon's record looks nice but is largely padded with cans.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
No Briggs was never amazing. Respect for overcoming his Asthma, but that's it really. EVERYTIME apart from the past his prime Foreman he fought a Champion, he lost. Yes, he had a punch, like Tyson and Wilder, two other fighters who beat people until they fought true greats. Tyson actually comes 6 in my list of true great retired modern heavyweights behind, Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, and the Klitchko's. Wilder when he retires after Fury puts the hurt on him again will come in ten. Briggs... won't come in. Dude Lewis pretty much said Briggs hit harder then Tyson.

meep-meep
For Mike Tysons brief prime, he was devastating. Could've been top 3. He destroyed careers. Prime Lewis against prime Tyson would be a good fight. I'd guess if Lewis could keep his distance and use that jab he'd win in later rounds. If he engaged early he'd wake up on the mat.

dynamix
Dude Lewis pretty much said Briggs hit harder then Tyson.

you really like Briggs, huh? Nothing wrong with that.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Trocity
Foreman was like 50 years old when he fought Briggs and very clearly got robbed.

The Cannon's record looks nice but is largely padded with cans. This is the correct answerthumb upOriginally posted by meep-meep
For Mike Tysons brief prime, he was devastating. Could've been top 3. He destroyed careers. Prime Lewis against prime Tyson would be a good fight. I'd guess if Lewis could keep his distance and use that jab he'd win in later rounds. If he engaged early he'd wake up on the mat. certainly possibleOriginally posted by dynamix
you really like Briggs, huh? Nothing wrong with that. true enough.

Dude Lewis pretty much said Briggs hit harder then Tyson. wilder hits harder than Tyson...

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by meep-meep
For Mike Tysons brief prime, he was devastating. Could've been top 3. He destroyed careers. Prime Lewis against prime Tyson would be a good fight. I'd guess if Lewis could keep his distance and use that jab he'd win in later rounds. If he engaged early he'd wake up on the mat. You see I love the myth of Mike and he was great, but, I still think Holyfield will always come in above him. Holyfield was like a real black Rocky Balboa, except much more skilful than Rocky. You could hit Holyfied all day and he would still come at you. He was a truly immovable object to anyones force.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by dynamix
you really like Briggs, huh? Nothing wrong with that. I don't think he does, of course, Tyson would wreck Briggs, but the fact Lewis fought Tyson & Briggs and decided "nah man, Briggs hits harder" says a lot.

Jmanghan
wilder hits harder than Tyson...

Whirly I love you man but there's no way in hell you believe that.

Old Man Whirly!
Whirly I love you man but there's no way in hell you believe that. https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/634682/top-ten-ko-percentages-anthony-joshua-deontay-wilder/ facts are facts.

Jmanghan
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/634682/top-ten-ko-percentages-anthony-joshua-deontay-wilder/ facts are facts. That doesn't mean he hits harder, and harder then Foreman, Frazier, Liston????? I don't take that seriously at all, just from LOOKING at how they box you can see how much harder they hit.

Earnie Shavers is the hardest hitter of all time, regardless, according to a bunch of boxers from that time.

Jmanghan
-yAdjRJiBfc

This is a joke, right?...

hOHvMqAgcmc

Yeah no, man, Holyfield wasn't on the list but I'd bet he hits harder, then we got Earnie:

PivvOpkAIrM

Old Man Whirly!
Higher knock out percentage against physically bigger men... Wilder hits harder. Holyfield whilst made of Iron, was not a knock out artist once he moved up from cruiser weight. What he was, was hard as nails.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.