Flash and company vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Flash, Firestorm, and the team at Star labs want to take down the Avengers. They have intel on all Avengers seen in both movies. Fury and Stark also have inel on Star Labs.

Professor Wells can use his Reverse Flash persona in the battle. They also have the help of the rogue gallery seen in Season 1.

Can they take down the Avengers?

FrothByte
The entire villain line up of season 1? That's quite a lot. All the Avengers get destroyed except for Thor, Hulk and Vision. They can probably take out Hulk with proper prep while he's still Banner. But I can't think of a way for them to take out Thor and Vision?

TheVaultDweller
Probably stalemate, unless they can use "Prism", or whatever his name was, to mind **** the heavy hitters on the Avengers team to start fighting each other. I don't see anyone on the Flash team with the feats to drop either Thor, Hulk (assuming he starts off in his Hulk form) or Vision in a straight fight.

Tattoos N Scars
That Prism villain and Scarlet Witch may cancel each other out with the mind powers. How does Quicksilver match up with Flash in speed? I can't recall QS speed feats from Avengers.

I'd like too see if Star Labs makeshift prison cells would hold the Hulk.

juggerman
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
How does Quicksilver match up with Flash in speed?

Not well for QS

Quincy
What about Blackout's ability to pull electricity? Would that work against Thor?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
That Prism villain and Scarlet Witch may cancel each other out with the mind powers. How does Quicksilver match up with Flash in speed? I can't recall QS speed feats from Avengers.

I'd like too see if Star Labs makeshift prison cells would hold the Hulk.

QS isn't quite as fast as Flash but he does seem generally tougher and stronger.

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
QS isn't quite as fast as Flash but he does seem generally tougher and stronger.

What makes you think that?

Silent Master
QS has an invisible aura that kicks in against people with superspeed.

Adam Grimes
Did he ever show that in the movie?

Silent Master
Of course.

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
What makes you think that?

Well QS was ripping through ultron-bots by just ramming into them. Flash has trouble knocking out people of normal durability.

But Flash is fast enough to break the time barrier. I don't think QS is anywhere near as fast.

juggerman
Well QS was ripping through ultron-bots by just ramming into them. Flash has trouble knocking out people of normal durability.

But Flash is fast enough to break the time barrier. I don't think QS is anywhere near as fast.

I didn't get the feeling the Ultron bots were that durable. Besides Ultron Prime of course

Flash is undoubtedly faster

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Silent Master
Of course. Show me.

Silent Master
Check out his scenes in AOU.

Adam Grimes
Dodger.

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
I didn't get the feeling the Ultron bots were that durable. Besides Ultron Prime of course

Flash is undoubtedly faster

Their durability seemed to vary, but some of them can withstand 2-4 hits from Captain America before breaking apart. So QS breaking them apart with a simple dash is still quite impressive.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Dodger.

No dodge, I told you what scenes to check.

Adam Grimes
You didn't even do that, dodger.

juggerman
Their durability seemed to vary, but some of them can withstand 2-4 hits from Captain America before breaking apart. So QS breaking them apart with a simple dash is still quite impressive.

Good point

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You didn't even do that, dodger.

Sure I did, it's in all his scenes.

Adam Grimes
Seriously?

Silent Master
Ask juggerman, he knows what I'm talking about.

juggerman
Can't get me out of your head?

Silent Master
Who are you talking to?

juggerman
The one who mentioned my name

KingD19
Flash is fast, but his speed is inconsistent barring his "absolutely need to save this person/the world" mode where everything basically stops, like when he saved Joe from lightning or spilled his guts to Iris that one time. In his world, you may not even need to go that fast to break the time barrier.

For instance, even when fighting Grodd, he still had to build up for over a mile to make it to Mach 1. And Grodd literally caught his punch. Normal people with normal reaction times hit and respond to Flash seemingly going full speed(as much as he can at the time) all the time. He's been tagged by pretty much every normal person he's fought at least a few times, usually while he's actively running.

Quicksilver on the other hand was zipping around even Cap and saw bullets in slow-mo all the time, as opposed to Barry's reaction being that level or higher only a few times.

The only thing about Flash we know for certain is his top speed which is really hard for him to reach is Mach 2, as Caitlyn stated. The only time he's gone faster is when he went back to save his mom, but we all know he can't just reach those speeds on a whim. He's got nothing to drive him that hard in this fight, and Hulk basically does what Grodd did, just on a much higher scale.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Flash is fast, but his speed is inconsistent barring his "absolutely need to save this person/the world" mode where everything basically stops, like when he saved Joe from lightning or spilled his guts to Iris that one time. In his world, you may not even need to go that fast to break the time barrier.

Actually, he has reacted to and caught bullets on multiple occasions, which gives us a very good marker for his speed.

For instance, even when fighting Grodd, he still had to build up for over a mile to make it to Mach 1. And Grodd literally caught his punch. Normal people with normal reaction times hit and respond to Flash seemingly going full speed(as much as he can at the time) all the time. He's been tagged by pretty much every normal person he's fought at least a few times, usually while he's actively running.

That underlined bit there is a massive exaggeration, which ignores the majority of Barry's actual showings. Grodd being able to catch a supersonic punch means that Grodd has enhanced reflexes. Nothing more. Just because Barry doesn't normally push himself, doesn't mean he can't go faster if he wanted. He passed Mach 2 without much trouble when he actually tried.

Quicksilver on the other hand was zipping around even Cap and saw bullets in slow-mo all the time, as opposed to Barry's reaction being that level or higher only a few times.

Barry has actually caught bullets, including one fired from a blindspot. You are taking Quicksilver looking at bullets in slow-mo in 2 or 3 shots throughout an entire movie and saying it is "all the time", when Barry has caught multiple bullets before, but you claim he has only reacted like that "a few times". Quicksilver was zipping around Cap? So what? Barry was able to keep up with, and tag, the Reverse Flash, who is WAAAAAAYYYYYY faster than Cap, and the 2 speedsters fought on multiple occasions.

The only thing about Flash we know for certain is his top speed which is really hard for him to reach is Mach 2, as Caitlyn stated. The only time he's gone faster is when he went back to save his mom, but we all know he can't just reach those speeds on a whim. He's got nothing to drive him that hard in this fight, and Hulk basically does what Grodd did, just on a much higher scale.

He actually passed Mach 2 really quickly when he started running during the final episode. It took him under 10 seconds to accelerate to over 1500mp/h (they briefly show their monitor onscreen).

So basically you want to say Barry is going to be at his low end, just because you decided he is going to be for this match, and that Hulk is going to react to his supersonic punch and catch him, because Grodd did, even though Hulk doesn't actually have the reaction feats to suggest this? You're also ignoring that Grodd had super intelligence, telepathy and even displays some brief telekinesis, and that Hulk is a raging monster usually?

juggerman
Can we get a list of the Rogues here? I remember most of them I think but not all

FrothByte
KingD actually brings up some valid points. Though I consider Flash's high end feats more impressive than Quicksilver, QS is far more consistent and is on average a better speedster and tougher fighter than Flash.

That said, it won't matter. Flash is not the deciding factor in this fight, it will be his rogues gallery. And it's the Reverse Flash (Wells) who's the top speedster in this fight anyway. Neither Flash nor QS can match up to him.

TheVaultDweller
I would still put Barry's "average" speed as higher than Quicksilver's, but the difference isn't so great that QS wouldn't be able to keep up. In fact, I would probably give a fight between QS and Barry, using average showings only, to QS, because Pietro displays much greater damage output than Barry does. Peak Flash would beat him handily though, considering that includes things like wind gusts, intangibility, and even tossing lightning now.

Thing to consider is that the OP puts Barry's friends in the match (and by extension, in mortal danger) which means, if we argue that they perform how they do in character, this is the kind of scenario where Barry actually tends to operate at his peak, such as when he, Oliver and Firestorm took on the Reverse Flash, saved Joe from lightning etc. So I would argue that in this scenario he would actually be more likely to perform to his high end than to his low end.

But anyways, QS can't beat the Reverse Flash, like you said, so the point is moot.

Tattoos N Scars
How does Reverse Flash stack up to DOFP QS, to put RF's speed into perspective

TheVaultDweller
It's kind of hard to say, because the only person we can measure him against is Barry, but Thawne has ALWAYS had an edge on Barry during their shown confrontations, even when the Flash is operating at his high levels. He is a lot more versatile than DoFP QS though. Wind gusts, intangibility, speed clones/mirages etc. That is probably a good indicator of just how fast Eobard can go. He can move so fast that he can make himself appear to be in two places at once.

Henry_Pym
Does Tony get the iron legion? We are apparently using QS...

Unless the poison cloud guy can hurt Thor, he should solo. If not him and Vision will stomp. Cisco & Kaitlyn are good hackers, but they aren't Ultron level.

TheVaultDweller
The thing about Thor is that there are situations where I feel that he would actually be better off going solo rather than fighting alongside others, because then he doesn't have to worry about the potential collateral damage his more powerful attacks might cause.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Does Tony get the iron legion? We are apparently using QS...

Unless the poison cloud guy can hurt Thor, he should solo. If not him and Vision will stomp. Cisco & Kaitlyn are good hackers, but they aren't Ultron level.

I was wondering about that poison guy as well. Don't really see how Thor can take him out. Then again, wasn't Thor immune to poison?

Tattoos N Scars
Couldn't Reverse Flash conceivably vibrate his hand into Thor and remove vital organs? I doubt he could tag him with mjolnir barring CIS.

TheVaultDweller
He has phased through organic and non-organic matter of various densities before, so I would certainly say that the idea has merit. I really don't see how anyone on the Avengers team is tagging him though, considering he is fast enough to do this:

1 minute and 15 seconds:

iIaYQMX35YE

If Thor didn't have to worry about the other Avengers, he might be able to do it with a Jotunheim buster, but those kinds of attacks would be too risky while people like Widow, Hawkeye etc. are also in harm's way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.