Flash (Wally) vs HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Pre Reboot Wally and HP. No bfring. Who wins?

Mister Supreme
Originally posted by carver9

Flash steals speed/kinetic energy to DD, end of story.

Juk3n
If the above is true at all, why is DD a threat to anyone on earth when a Flash is in play?

abhilegend
Doomsday has already wrecked him.

celeyhyga17
High end Flash?
stick out tongue

Prof. T.C McAbe
Spite, HP DD stomps, like before.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
High end Flash?
stick out tongue

CIS and CIP off Flash. smile

celeyhyga17
CIS and CIP off Flash. smile

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/atmon14.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/atmon15.jpg

DarkSaint85
Doomsday >> Am, doe.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

I should just post Superman punching soulfire Darkseid in half in every thread and should be done with it.

Welcome to CBR!!!!!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doomsday >> Am, doe.

I lol'd.

laughing

DarkSaint85
Doomsday is faster than Flash.

Doomsday speedsteals Wally, then IMPs him.

Galan007
Doomsday wins.

panthergod
Doomsday isn't faster than Post Return of Barry Allen Wally West.

Juntai
Originally posted by panthergod
Doomsday isn't faster than Post Return of Barry Allen Wally West. both Hunter/Prey and Doomsday Wars were after that storyline..

Wally couldn't even land a hit on Doomsday in Doomsday Wars iirc.
minus the speedforce user feats, Doomsday was faster when it mattered.

If we use the forum Silver Surfer version of Wally, though, he's nigh-unstoppable.

panthergod
He's fast enough to tag the Flash; that doesn't mean hes faster or as fast.

Time-Immemorial
Doom wins

h1a8
Interesting match up. Flash has to move at his top speeds shown to have a chance. Otherwise, DD would adapt and probably become faster or wipe him out in a hit or two. If Flash speed steals then either he wins (if it's fast enough) or DD adapts in the process of it happening (like DD vs. OE or Waverider) and reverses it.

Surtur
The Flash doesn't need to move at his top speed to have a chance. Since this is Wally his top speed is quite literally trillions of times the speed of light. You don't need to be anywhere near that fast to blitz Doomsday.

So Doomsday gets all his kinetic energy stolen before he processes a thought.

Stoic
Originally posted by Surtur
The Flash doesn't need to move at his top speed to have a chance. Since this is Wally his top speed is quite literally trillions of times the speed of light. You don't need to be anywhere near that fast to blitz Doomsday.

So Doomsday gets all his kinetic energy stolen before he processes a thought.

The problem with this line of reasoning is that it's implications would now have to extend to other characters.

Surtur
Originally posted by Stoic
The problem with this line of reasoning is that it's implications would now have to extend to other characters.

So you are saying it is a problem if we acknowledge the massive speed advantage here because in the future we'd have to acknowledge the massive speed advantage of other characters? I don't see that as a bad thing.

My line of reasoning is quite simple: Doomsday has zero feats on the level of a high end Wally West, thus he isn't going to be able to react to a blitz. If someone has something to counter this I'd be all ears, as long as it isn't "oh but in death of Superman characters totally said he was fast" because that is not enough to put Doomsday on the level of reacting to a guy who can evacuate a city of half a million people in a split second, run so fast he out runs death, move so fast Superman is a statue, etc.

Stoic
So you are saying it is a problem if we acknowledge the massive speed advantage here because in the future we'd have to acknowledge the massive speed advantage of other characters? I don't see that as a bad thing.

My line of reasoning is quite simple: Doomsday has zero feats on the level of a high end Wally West, thus he isn't going to be able to react to a blitz. If someone has something to counter this I'd be all ears, as long as it isn't "oh but in death of Superman characters totally said he was fast" because that is not enough to put Doomsday on the level of reacting to a guy who can evacuate a city of half a million people in a split second, run so fast he out runs death, move so fast Superman is a statue, etc.

Actually what I was saying is that I agree with you completely. However if you were to skim through many of the responses to the OP, you would see that people are more than willing to bend the rules that they stood by up until the shit approached their favorite character. This thread however excludes the personal limitations self imposed by Wally. This allows for an argument to be formed that Doomsday has already beaten the Flash without seemingly having to deal with Flash speed steals off of the bat and wins the day, even though many are saying this to avoid implicating favorite character X's impending ass whipping if the question were shifted to them instead of Doomsday.

Surtur
Oh okay I get what you are saying..

h1a8
I believe that if Flash attempted to speed steal HP DD in the actual HP comic then DD would have adapted before it fully was stolen and reversed it. I believe that the intentions of the writer was that nothing in the universe could end DD other than the end of time. This was the clear intentions of the writer if you read the story.

Surtur
Feats matter more then writer intent though. So if you want to say DD would resist or adapt you'd need to show him adapting to a similar attack. Note when I say similar I do not mean the exact same type of speed draining attack, but if he showed he could adapt to esoteric powers that aren't just physical attacks..you could certainly argue he'd adapt.

h1a8
Feats matter more then writer intent though. So if you want to say DD would resist or adapt you'd need to show him adapting to a similar attack. Note when I say similar I do not mean the exact same type of speed draining attack, but if he showed he could adapt to esoteric powers that aren't just physical attacks..you could certainly argue he'd adapt. Well if that's true then we can't go both ways. You can't argue what someone can do if they never shown it. I don't have a problem with either way as long as everyone is on the same page.

For example, Zeus should only as powerful as his feats show. He lifted a mountain after growing large and damaged a holding back Hulk in multiple blows. As far as Zeus durability is concerned he was affected (but endured) a combined attack from she Hulk, Thor, and namor. He was also affected from Hulk blows without significant damage. If so his durability is around high Herald level and his strength is about high Herald level too.

We don't know how fast DD moved other than characters comments. DD also moved faster than Superman could respond, having Superman complain about his speed.

Surtur
But that is how things go..characters are indeed as powerful as their feats show.

So Flash has indeed stolen speed before, from living beings and inanimate objects.

Yes, the characters commented on his speed. But see what you fail to mention is he pretty much never displayed speed on that level in the future, and even in one fight Superman outright outsped him, blitzed him, etc.

So I feel it is pointless to bring up the DoS thing because not a single person who was shocked by his speed had speed anywhere near high level Wally West. Flash at the time wasn't anywhere near as powerful as he'd become.

So if you wanted to say HP has super speed, I'd say great when did the HP version show it?

Also do you really want to use "Superman complained about his speed" as any kind of evidence? Pretty sure Superman at one point also complained about how fast Deathstroke was. Or if he didn't outright complain he sure as hell made a comment about how impressive it was. My point is sometimes Superman says shit that doesn't make a lick of sense.

h1a8
But that is how things go..characters are indeed as powerful as their feats show.

So Flash has indeed stolen speed before, from living beings and inanimate objects.

Yes, the characters commented on his speed. But see what you fail to mention is he pretty much never displayed speed on that level in the future, and even in one fight Superman outright outsped him, blitzed him, etc.

So I feel it is pointless to bring up the DoS thing because not a single person who was shocked by his speed had speed anywhere near high level Wally West. Flash at the time wasn't anywhere near as powerful as he'd become.

So if you wanted to say HP has super speed, I'd say great when did the HP version show it?

Also do you really want to use "Superman complained about his speed" as any kind of evidence? Pretty sure Superman at one point also complained about how fast Deathstroke was. Or if he didn't outright complain he sure as hell made a comment about how impressive it was. My point is sometimes Superman says shit that doesn't make a lick of sense. You can't say DD didn't show it. He did. It's just not quantified. The statement "faster than flash" implies faster than typical flash. The writer didn't say how fast he was going exactly, just that he was going fast. That doesn't mean DD was going slower than flash since a number wasn't given.

Anyway, Superman, knowing how fast humans are can be impressed when he sees a human going faster than what they supposed to. That doesn't mean the human is going faster than he can perceive.

Superman never outsped DD. Where do you get this from? Superman blitzed from behind?

HP DD is a more powerful DD in every way. He didn't lose ability, he gained more.
Anyway, HP DD covered a mile and blitzed Darkseid before Darkseid could begin to turn around. As soon as DD bust from the rubble DS started to turn around. But DD arrived before he could.

What does this post have to do with what I said? I agreed with you. Feats rule.
So defend me in the other threads where posters are making up stuff a character cam do without feats to support it. If you are going to debate me on the issue then debate others. Otherwise, your argument isn't going to fly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.