Would Flash rank higher in the MU than the DCU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Where ever you think he ranks at DC, do you think a fully functioning (speed force intact) Flash would be "more powerful" at Marvel?
If so, by how much?

ShadowFyre
Well, Marvel doesent beat the whole speed thing to death. I doubt they would give him that whole speed force thing.

ShadowFyre
He would just be really fast.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
Where ever you think he ranks at DC, do you think a fully functioning (speed force intact) Flash would be "more powerful" at Marvel?
If so, by how much?

Same levels

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think he would be above anyone else, speedwise by a huge margin. Maybe he would take Quicksilver as an apprentice and connect him to the SF.

basilisk
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Maybe he would take Quicksilver as an apprentice and connect him to the SF. The speed force wouldn't take him.

Silent Master
He'd be about the same, I mean speedsters at both Marvel and DC get jobbed out a lot, just look at how many times guys like Flash and Quicksilver get hit by people without superspeed.

zopzop
If so, by how much? Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I think he would be above anyone else, speedwise by a huge margin. Maybe he would take Quicksilver as an apprentice and connect him to the SF.
Believe it or not, this already sort of happened. It was the Flash from COIE though. He was called "Buried Alien" aka Barry Allen aka "Fast Forward".

He shitstomped all of Marvel's Earth based Speedsters by a large margin in his first race. Later he even matched Runner and Awaken Makkari till he withdrew from the race to stop a cheater.

Galan007
If so, by how much? He wouldn't be more powerful per se, but he'd definitely be more of a force to be reckoned with. There are very few speedsters in Marvel, and none of them come remotely close to rivaling Flash's speed.

riv6672
Thanks for all the replies, but the above (Galan007) is what i was getting at in terms of ranking in between the two universes.

zopzop
Thanks for all the replies, but the above (Galan007) is what i was getting at in terms of ranking in between the two universes.
Barry Allen, the fastest man alive, even in Marvel :
http://s8.postimg.org/yrhs1oii9/quasar17_1.jpg http://s8.postimg.org/634tyggc1/quasar17_2.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Believe it or not, this already sort of happened. It was the Flash from COIE though. He was called "Buried Alien" aka Barry Allen aka "Fast Forward".

He shitstomped all of Marvel's Earth based Speedsters by a large margin in his first race. Later he even matched Runner and Awaken Makkari till he withdrew from the race to stop a cheater.

thumb up

CortSether
Marvel doesn't get nearly as stupid as DC does on average in terms of giving characters ridiculous feats/powers just for the sake of having them. It's like DC hires a bunch of 7 year olds to write their characters and then gives them free reign on being as ridiculous as possible. "This guy runs so fast he can run a finity lightyears before you sneeze!" "Oh yea well MY character is so powerful he destroyed infinity universes down to only six!" "That's nothing! I made a elf and with the snap of his fingers he destroys all bajillion universes!"

riv6672
Thats one way to look at it.
Having said that, a character capable of speed feats on the Flash's level is pretty much unheard of in the MU. No one'd see him as a threat initially.

-Pr-
Originally posted by CortSether
Marvel doesn't get nearly as stupid as DC does on average in terms of giving characters ridiculous feats/powers just for the sake of having them. It's like DC hires a bunch of 7 year olds to write their characters and then gives them free reign on being as ridiculous as possible. "This guy runs so fast he can run a finity lightyears before you sneeze!" "Oh yea well MY character is so powerful he destroyed infinity universes down to only six!" "That's nothing! I made a elf and with the snap of his fingers he destroys all bajillion universes!"

facepalm

Zack M
Flash isn't even the fastest character in DC. Crazy.

riv6672
I said it was one way to look at it. In between your fingers like that is a pretty good way! laughing out loud

CortSether
Originally posted by -Pr-
facepalm

I feel that way about DC too.

Zack M

I agree, Chaos War was pretty bad.

CortSether
Originally posted by Zack M
I agree, Chaos War was pretty bad.

Chaos War was stupid for a multitude of reasons. No denying Marvel has some dumbass story arcs.

Zack M
Yeah, didn't Chaos King kill off every universe except for 6?

-Pr-
I feel that way about DC too.

erm

meep-meep
He'd sex up every Marvel female, in all universes, in one panel. Multiversal.

riv6672
K. Guess he'd rank higher, then. thumb up

wuleecat
I think if the Speedforce miraculously appeared in MU, and Flash was the ONLY character who could tap into it, he would be like a god. I'm talking uber-powerful, Kingdom Come Flash powerful, where he would be pretty much defeating all crimes everywhere simultaneously. He would make the Avengers redundant.

tkitna

Totally agree.

carver9
Look at what the twins did (Northstar and Aurora) when they were amped to light speed. No one could stop them. Flash would be insane in Marvel. That's if they wrote him right.

Surtur
Yes I've noticed DC has a bunch of characters with super speed. Whereas Marvel has a shitload of telepaths.

But Flash would be pretty deadly, especially Wally. Speed steal is hard to stop.

EDIT: Also, saying "Marvel doesn't give characters ridiculous powers and feats" is just plain wrong. Do you read Marvel? It has plenty of stuff like that.

CortSether
Originally posted by Surtur
Also, saying "Marvel doesn't give characters ridiculous powers and feats" is just plain wrong. Do you read Marvel? It has plenty of stuff like that.

I'm not saying Marvel doesn't do it, I'm saying they do it less. For every 1 ridiculously powered Marvel character DC has 12.

Surtur
I'm not saying Marvel doesn't do it, I'm saying they do it less. For every 1 ridiculously powered Marvel character DC has 12.

They seem to be pretty even on the "people with ridiculous powers/feats" list. For one thing Marvel has far more cosmic characters that are active. Galactus, Odin, Eternity, Celestials, Beyonders, etc. and on and on.

ghostman
Marvel doesn't get nearly as stupid as DC does on average in terms of giving characters ridiculous feats/powers just for the sake of having them. It's like DC hires a bunch of 7 year olds to write their characters and then gives them free reign on being as ridiculous as possible. "This guy runs so fast he can run a finity lightyears before you sneeze!" "Oh yea well MY character is so powerful he destroyed infinity universes down to only six!" "That's nothing! I made a elf and with the snap of his fingers he destroys all bajillion universes!" you sound so butthurt

carver9
He sounds legit. Marvel does have some insane fts as well. Hell, the Heralds in Marvel has more planet busting fts than what DC Heralds have.

riv6672
No, you both sound butt hurt.
I get what you're saying, but not why you keep saying it in this thread, when its taking away from the question being asked.

Stoic
I don't think that the Flash would be any less powerful in the Marvel U versus the DC U. What I do believe would happen, is that he would fade into obscurity because Marvel would then have to reduce the popularity, or share the stage that it has set for its more popular characters. The Flash is in fact one of the most amazing characters to have ever been created. What I mean is although he isn't invincible, you have to literally chase this guy down, and catch him before you could exploit any weakness found in him. Unfortunately, I see him being as popular in Marvel as Quick Silver, the Runner, Makari etc are. People just tend to gravitate towards the strongman character.

Galan007
Marvel doesn't get nearly as stupid as DC does on average in terms of giving characters ridiculous feats/powers just for the sake of having them. It's like DC hires a bunch of 7 year olds to write their characters and then gives them free reign on being as ridiculous as possible. "This guy runs so fast he can run a finity lightyears before you sneeze!" "Oh yea well MY character is so powerful he destroyed infinity universes down to only six!" "That's nothing! I made a elf and with the snap of his fingers he destroys all bajillion universes!" Have you followed Marvel... Like at all? confused

CortSether
Originally posted by Galan007
Have you followed Marvel... Like at all? confused

Yes. Got anything else to add besides rhetorical questions?

Galan007
Then you're aware of how ridiculously...laughably...hilariously biased your post sounds?

CortSether
Originally posted by Galan007
Then you're aware of how ridiculously...laughably...hilariously biased your post sounds?

Only to DC fans who don't want to acknowledge that that company is more ridiculous in that regard.

Juntai
99 percent of his posts are in Marvel Cosmic threads including Shuma, Galactus, Dormammu, Vishanti, Cytorrak, etc, .. . . complains Flash is too powerful and written terribly.

For the record, Flash's consistency in great writers is right up with Daredevil and Batman. Basically, as good as it gets in comics.

Surtur
Only to DC fans who don't want to acknowledge that that company is more ridiculous in that regard.

Except it's not..both DC and Marvel are pretty much even when it comes to ridiculous shit. I'm a fan of both and Ive seen crazy shit from both and it wasn't "oh it's rare in Marvel but in DC I see it all the time" either.

CortSether
Yeah comparing how gods in one company are written to how street levelers in another are written. Great one.

riv6672
Except it's not..both DC and Marvel are pretty much even when it comes to ridiculous shit. I'm a fan of both and Ive seen crazy shit from both and it wasn't "oh it's rare in Marvel but in DC I see it all the time" either.
The speed force obviously draws the butt hurt.

Surtur
The truth of what would happen if Flash went to the MU would be: Flash is extremely helpful as a hero until Dr. Doom steals his powers(since you know it would be inevitable) and then chaos ensues and the entire time stream is fractured because Flash-Doom is a dick.

BlueFnord
The truth of what would happen if Flash went to the MU would be: Flash is extremely helpful as a hero until Dr. Doom steals his powers(since you know it would be inevitable) and then chaos ensues and the entire time stream is fractured because Flash-Doom is a dick.

I kinda want to read that

Zack M
They seem to be pretty even on the "people with ridiculous powers/feats" list. For one thing Marvel has far more cosmic characters that are active. Galactus, Odin, Eternity, Celestials, Beyonders, etc. and on and on.

Not really. DC has just as many cosmic characters than marvel, if not more so with the inclusion of Vertigo. DC has had many ongoing and mini series that feature them. Trinity of sin, sandman, swamp thing, lucifer, and now Telos. Just off the top of my head.

tkitna

laughing I was actually thinking the same thing today. Doom would definitely stick his nose into the Flashes business if he somehow learned of the speed force.

riv6672
Doom would think, in all modesty, that he'd use it better...yes

tkitna
Doom wouldn't think, he would know.

riv6672
Only Doom would know what he thinks.

namorsubby
Pretty much any DC character would rank higher.....definitely the flash.

Surtur
Not really. DC has just as many cosmic characters than marvel, if not more so with the inclusion of Vertigo. DC has had many ongoing and mini series that feature them. Trinity of sin, sandman, swamp thing, lucifer, and now Telos. Just off the top of my head.

But the Marvel cosmics get far more play time..if you get what I mean.

Zack M
But the Marvel cosmics get far more play time..if you get what I mean.

Only certain ones. Sandman for instance ran for YEARS and just concluded a mini called Sandman: Overture. Swamp Thing ran for YEARS. Spectre had NUMEROUS titles throughout the decades. Lucifer ran for years. Death even had her own mini series. etc...

Now you list me some Marvel cosmic titles that has ran for years. I know Galactus had a mini series. lol

abhilegend
Have you ever heard about Beyonder?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend

Omega mutants say hello...

Random gene mutations give you ape like characteristics, fine.

Telepathy? If it exists, OK.

Angel wings? I....guess?

Control over the weather?

Control over magnetism?

Casually ripping portals in space for portals?

Rewriting reality?

Rewriting reality as a kid?

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Omega mutants say hello...

Random gene mutations give you ape like characteristics, fine.

Telepathy? If it exists, OK.

Angel wings? I....guess?

Control over the weather?

Control over magnetism?

Casually ripping portals in space for portals?

Rewriting reality?

Rewriting reality as a kid?

Franklin, Legion, Dark Phoenix, Mad Jim Jaspers, etc... Yeah, Marvel doesn't have ridiculously powerful beings. wink

CortSether
Franklin, Legion, Dark Phoenix, Mad Jim Jaspers, etc... Yeah, Marvel doesn't have ridiculously powerful beings. wink

Those are all squat compared to plenty of DC characters. And besides, thanks for misrepresenting what I said, which was never that Marvel doesn't have really powerful characters.

CortSether
Originally posted by abhilegend

You mean the guy who had his origins and plenty of feats totally retconned? Yeah.

Zack M
Those are all squat compared to plenty of DC characters. And besides, thanks for misrepresenting what I said, which was never that Marvel doesn't have really powerful characters.

What do you mean those are all squat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.