He Never Died

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
O589XTT1rQE

Henry Rollins is Cain from the book of Genesis and can't die. Steven Ogg (Trevor from GTA V) is a bad guy.

This is on my must watch ASAP list.

Patient_Leech
It doesn't look particularly great from what I saw, but it's Henry Rollins, so count me in. I didn't know if he was doing much more acting.

I still think he should have played Eddie Brock / Venom in Spiderman. erm

Impediment
I wanna see Rollins cast as Negan on The Walking Dead.

jaden101
Looks braw

Dreampanther
Just saw this and... damn. Not just one of my favourite movies this year, but one of my favourite movies ever (on a budget of about $1, 000, 000). Henry Rollins is ridiculously badass but more than that - he is riveting to watch. I don't know if the role was written for him (he was one of the producers) or if he was just born to play this role, but from now on I'll never hear his name again without thinking of him in He Never Died.

juggerman
Looks interesting. Will check it out

Robtard
Caught it myself over the long weekend, I enjoyed it. Low budget horror was my thing back when I was a kid and well into my mid-twenties; this brought me back. Though this was Horror/Comedy, like ED2.

Some studio is shopping around the idea of turning this into a TV series, hoping it both gets picked up and picked up by premium channel like Max or Stars or even Nefflix, as it needs to remain R rated.

Impediment
Is this available on DVD now?

Dreampanther
It's available as a VOD

Patient_Leech
Wow, some high praise for this. I had forgotten about it. I definitely wanna check it out. Is it on Netflix yet?

Impediment
Watched last night.

Not the best movie ever made, but well done nonetheless.

Dark, violent, brooding, and bitingly hilarious.

Patient_Leech
I watched this the other night. I kind of wanted it to be a little more interesting plot-wise, but the premise is intriguing, kind of a dark biblical comicbook character like Constantine. Henry Rollins was awesome, but I'm not sure anyone who doesn't really know who he is would really enjoy this. The plot is weak, which unfortunately kind of killed it for me, but yeah, it definitely has good performances and some dark humor.

Did anyone here ever see The Man From Earth (2007)? If you haven't you should. Great watch. This movie has an element of it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Did anyone here ever see The Man From Earth (2007)? If you haven't you should. Great watch. This movie has an element of it.

I have; rather enjoyed it a lot. Was low production value to the point it felt like a cheaper made for TV flick, but the story and dialogue was entertaining/interesting.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
I have; rather enjoyed it a lot. Was low production value to the point it felt like a cheaper made for TV flick, but the story and dialogue was entertaining/interesting.

Yeah, it did seem made-for-tv, but I don't think you'd find anything quite that against-the-grain as far as religion goes on network television.. heh.

Originally posted by Robtard
Some studio is shopping around the idea of turning this into a TV series, hoping it both gets picked up and picked up by premium channel like Max or Stars or even Nefflix, as it needs to remain R rated.

Now that would rock. Stars should do it, I bet a lot of us Ash vs Evil Dead fans would appreciate it. I think this might actually work better as a TV show. Little 30 minute blocks would be better at sustaining the modern attention span. The plot for the movie was a bit too thin and even at 1 hour and 30 min it felt much too long to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.