Arcann vs Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Lightsaber Feats for Arcann:

- Easily slayed the leading Sith Lord on Korriban.
- Fights on even terms with the Hero of Tython.

---

Telekinetic Feats for Arcann:

- Frequently ragdolls the Hero of Tython in battle.
- Telekinetically dominated one of Zakuul's finest.
- Stated by Vitiate to be greater than Hero of Tython.

---

Force Defense Feats for Arcann:

- Arcann has "a nearly unbeatable defense".
- Can defend against Vitiate's lightning for a long time.

---

Durability Feats for Arcann:

- Survived a massive pillar falling directly on top of him.
- Lost an arm and the side of his face in a explosion / battle.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lightsaber Feats for Arcann:
- Fights on even terms with the Hero of Tython.

On even terms? Arcann impales our Hero smilesmilesmile

DarthAnt66
Really? Can I have a video for that?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Freshest = the video. And tbf, he makes it sound like it was a TK impale, ala Dooku to Tiplee:

FreshestSlice: I've dueled him twice now. The first time he ragdolls you with TK after a certain point, but, the Outlander seems pretty confident in their winning. The second time you fight pretty evenly with him but he then knocks you off your feet with TK. He then tries to kill you and HK jumps in the way, blowing up. After that, unless you have Valkorion aid you, Arcann pulls you forward and impales you.

FreshestSlice
He overwhelms him with the Force first. The HoT was fighting evenly/had the edge in sabers only.

Anyway, Arcann tanked Lightning that killed confirmed hundreds.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He overwhelms him with the Force first. The HoT was fighting evenly/had the edge in sabers only.

Anyway, Arcann tanked Lightning that killed confirmed hundreds.

Shit, is Arcann scrub-tier now in sabers?

FreshestSlice
Nah, HoT obviously was angry over the loss of his dear friend HK-55. Killing meatbags in heaven. ;~;

DarthAnt66
Nah, the cutscene made it clear that there was no distinct edge between Arcann and the Hero in lightsaber combat, with seemingly Tython's technique edge being matched with Arcann's physical strength.

Unless you are referring to after HK-55 cutscene, in which I haven't seen that yet.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah, HoT obviously was angry over the loss of his dear friend HK-55. Killing meatbags in heaven. ;~;

Valkorion's weakened lightning killing hundreds and destroying ships is utterly insane, though.

FreshestSlice
Well it definitely killed hundreds. SCORPIO counted.

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=QI1cSTEJvJI

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, the cutscene made it clear that there was no distinct edge between Arcann and the Hero in lightsaber combat, with seemingly Tython's technique edge being matched with Arcann's physical strength.

Unless you are referring to after HK-55 cutscene, in which I haven't seen that yet.
They fight for a good minute at least, and to me anyway, it looked like the HoT was definitely raining in more blows.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Arcann freaking slaughtered, tbh.

DarthAnt66
I posted it above. Hero did a little onslaught following the death of 55 but Arcann quickly turned it back on her.

FreshestSlice
Damn it, BioWare killed off the best crew member too soon.

DarthAnt66
He'll be back. HK-47 got rebuilt.

Also:

Arcann >> Hero in Force,
Arcann = Hero in sabers.

Revan >>> Hero in Force,
Revan = Hero in sabers.

Conclusion: Revan > Arcann.

FreshestSlice
Meh, that's assuming the HoT hasn't grown at all in the Force since getting roflstomped. It could be Revan>=Arcann.

Also, I like how the PC is consistently getting their ass kicked in this expansion. Needed to be taken down a peg from army buster.

DarthAnt66
Reasonable assumption due to lack of combat exposure and having Vitiate doing all the heavy lifting.

And yeah, kek. thumb up Old Hero should have been able to beat that army of Zakuul Knights IMO. Times change.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anyways, who wins this thread?

FreshestSlice
Arcann. He should be able to tank Plagueis' Lightning if he can tank Lightning that's residual can blow up ships and kill hundreds for longer than a second. Has comparable or better TK. He practically free falls after expending a great deal of his energy fighting the HoT twice, and defending against aforementioned Lightning. Survives a building collapsing on him. Had enough power to kill the HoT and completely wreck HK. Etc. Etc.

He's GG.

As for HK, descriptions says he can't be rebuilt. I'll hold out hpe that they'll not kill him off, but that's what it says.

SunRazer
Damn, KotFE has gone a long way in cinematics since vanilla TOR.

Angelalex242
Plagueis.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Argument pls

McP
Atcann was stomped vy Vitiate, was comperable duelist to HoT and superior as Force user. Tat would place him at best at Malgus/Revan level (which I doubt). Plagueis is in the same league with Vitiate, so it's not even close.

Plagueis stomps.

Angelalex242
Well. I wouldn't go that far. Plagueis is certainly in Caedus's weightclass though, and that's enough.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
.....yeah, SWTOR Brigade's got this on lock.

NewGuy01
There's plenty of better arguments than those to be made, but I'm not particularly motivated to work on defending Plagueis myself. He's a peer of Palpatine's, and for the time being that should be enough to put him safely above Arcann.

Call me when the Dooku vs Arcann thread pops up.

McP
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Well. I wouldn't go that far. Plagueis is certainly in Caedus's weightclass though, and that's enough.

Plagueis is above Caedus. And yeah, it's a stomp, since he already got stomped by Plagueis' equal.

Arcann is really pathetic

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by McP

Why the hell do you still post here?

carthage
Originally posted by McP
Plagueis is above Caedus. And yeah, it's a stomp, since he already got stomped by Plagueis' equal.

No he isn't at least its debatable, and Arcann can at least give either a good fight in sabers. Demolishing Hero and forcing him to call on Vitiate like a little *****, is enough to put him close to Plagueis as a duelist

McP
It wasn't a strict lightsaber duel between him and hero. He is superior Force user to him, which gave him and advantage in that fight. It wouldn't work against Maul, let alone Plagueis.

And Hero is highly overrated.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by McP
It wouldn't work against Maul

Nephthys
McP's opinions on TOR shouldn't even be addressed tbh.

carthage
Originally posted by McP
It wasn't a strict lightsaber duel between him and hero. He is superior Force user to him, which gave him and advantage in that fight. It wouldn't work against Maul, let alone Plagueis.

And Hero is highly overrated.

Watch the duel again he's beating him back and the Hero had to call on Vitiate like a loser and couldn't win by virtue of skill. It's an all out fight so the force is going to be paramount for victory to either party, and Arcann displayed superiority in both. regards.

McP
Good point Neph. Just my opinion, I'm not interested in a debates with TOR fanboys. The same way, they shouldn't be interested in debating with me.

Most of SW games are consider by me as a sources, that highly exaggerate characters' abilities.
There are a games that are near perfect in showing heroes' feats. Like ROTS game or even JK series. Perhaps even a KOTOR I.
KOTOR II, perhaps TFU I and II are a good examples of sources that exaggerate abilities. And there is TOR. Most shittest of all.

In other kind of sources there was old CW cartoon, and series of comics that were basing on it. Try to compare that to TCW or "Republic" comics. Most of people would say:
CW Mace >>>>>>> ROTS, Republic, TCW etc etc Mace.
But that's not the true. Mace is Mace, it's our duty - as debaters - to use "powerscaling" and make everything clear.
That's easy, when it comes to do that in one single era. Espiecially if that Era is basing on movies, which are the best kind of sources.

McP
Originally posted by carthage
Watch the duel again he's beating him back and the Hero had to call on Vitiate like a loser and couldn't win by virtue of skill. It's an all out fight so the force is going to be paramount for victory to either party, and Arcann displayed superiority in both. regards.

Allright, you're right. But still, it wont change my opinion much, since I consider Hero as inferior to Maul. Being in the same league with Maul, or even a bit above doesn't guarantee that you wont be stomped by Plagueis.

Nephthys
Well I certainly agree with you about TFU and the old CW. Those are surely exaggerated content. Not seeing where Kotor II having exaggerated feats comes from other than that it has good ones though.

I dunno, you just seem very biased against TOR. It really doesn't exaggerate that much outside of things that are obviously just mistakes like one of the Warrior's companions soloing over 700 men cuz the writer didn't look into how big a brigade or whatever was. Or Tulak Hord soling 1000 Jedi. Like Kotor II it just has a bunch of really goddamn powerful dudes in it.

McP
^
Unlike KOTOR!Revan and Malak, Kreia, Sion and Nihilus are pretty pathetic. Destroys life on the planets, giga-shit-drains and some kind of pathetic immortality is something senseless, stupid and pathetic for me. Revan from KOTOR was really comperable to movie's characters. That was a great thing.

Also, I'm not feeling well in that new canon. I'm not even sure if TOR and Movies and other canon sources are in the same canon.

In a Legends that was simple for me. There were movies, Lucas' own words and reference books (also part of G-canon as I remember).

So when I had a notion that Sidious was most powerful in histroy, I knew that was true. And every other character who had superior showings in a games or comics, wasn't superior to him. And those showings were exaggerated.

I also try to be fair for each Era (except Bane's, which i like trolling and hating).
So, when I place Sidious, Yoda and Plagueis at the highest tier of their Era, I also put there a strongest guy from TOR Era - Vitiate. he has no equal in TOR, so there are no others in that tier/league.
Another tier is for Mace, Vader, Dooku and Anakin at his best shape. It's also a place for Revan, Malgus, perhaps Nihilus as well. It would be fair to put Bane and perhaps Zannah in that league too (I doubt that Bane's era has a truly powerhauses like Sidious, Yoda or Vitiate).

That's my own way of powerscaling in SW. That's why I dislike TOR's fanboys.

More then that, my fav kind of sources were always:
Movies, Luceno's books, Republic' comics, Jedi comics series (Dooku, Mace etc).
Luceno's characters wont be as strong as TOR's in terms of showings. Luceno's Sidious << Sidious in most of other sources. But as I said in a post above, it's the same Sidious. Just powerscaling is needed.

Nephthys
So basically somethings exaggerated if you don't like it. And anything that challenges your perceptions must be disregarded. Neat.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
So basically somethings exaggerated if you don't like it. And anything that challenges your perceptions must be disregarded. Neat.

.................Which one of you are you describing again?

Sinious
#burn

The_Tempest
That was for the AdventureTime video, you prick. uhuh

carthage
Sinious you're breaking forum rules by talking to socks thumb up

McP
Originally posted by Nephthys

Nope. Sources that show us abilities far superior to those which were show in the movies are.

Neph, you could agree with me about CW or TFU. KOTOR's II idea of gogadrain etc. is also exaggerated. Cant's you see that?

Also, KOTOR II is as cool as KOTOR I. It sucks hard only as a source of characters' abilities.

By feats, Bane - who can dodge raindrops - should blitz ROTS Sidious. It only shows a scale of exaggerating in that books. Awesome books.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Sinious you're breaking forum rules by talking to socks thumb up laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

The Ellimist
lmfao

ILS
Srs thread or nah?

robgod
arcann is slightly better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.