Valkorion vs Darth Plagueis & Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
**** yeah. Let's test the limits in this crib.

Vitiate's full power is in a body capable of successfully harnessing and unleashing that power.

Battle takes place in the Eternal Throne. Vitiate is standing on his throne.

EDIT: TPM Plagueis and TPM Palpatine are incarnations. If team loses, bring in ROTS version.

ps: if you use an outdated sourcebook as your one and only proof on the team's superiority, an hero plz

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

ps: if you use an outdated sourcebook as your one and only proof on the team's superiority, an hero plz

u just buthurt u have no answer 2 it

DarthAnt66
sad tiem 2 an hero

S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion, bringing his entire power to bear, can destroy an entire world, dude. Nobody can stop such an onslaught.

Nephthys
Team.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Team.
And if Valkorion pulls a Nathema on them, then?

NewGuy01
Good luck prepping that in the middle of a fight.

The_Tempest
Doesn't Plagueis muse that there's no other Force user on record whose powers exceed his or some such? mmm

Angelalex242
TPM? Ehhhh. I think it needs a stronger version of Sidious.

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Doesn't Plagueis muse that there's no other Force user on record whose powers exceed his or some such? mmm LOL @ Temp always coming up with the shittiest arguments these days

Nephthys
Apparently Valky says that he's not a Sith straight up. Get dunked, Temp.

Sinious
He even tries to convince the Sith Warrior to stop calling himself a Sith and be like Valkorion lol

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
LOL @ Temp always coming up with the shittiest arguments these days

It was a question, not an argument. excellent

lol @ the guy who used to cry about people being mean to him obsessively pursuing me from thread to thread with palpable hostility

Sinious
It was a question, not an argument. excellent

lol @ the guy who used to cry about people being mean to him obsessively pursuing me from thread to thread with palpable hostility LOL I was never crying about people being mean to me. I enjoy that stuff. I was merely b****ing about bringing in that infantile behavior into serious debates. Besides, I don't have anything against but your choice of defending characters(especially Sidious).

The_Tempest
It's ok. You should embrace your identity as a Hypocrite. It's pretty much the SWTOR uniform. excellent

McP
tPM Palpatine would loose to him after a good fight. Plagueis solos. In a 2v1 duel, it's a stomp.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by McP
Plagueis solos.
:')

Sinious
Originally posted by McP
tPM Palpatine would loose to him after a good fight. Plagueis solos. In a 2v1 duel, it's a stomp. This is so retarded lol

Nephthys
Not really. Plagueis being a legit powerhouse didn't stop being a thing that was true or anything. While I possibly disagree that he'd beat Valkorion, I wouldn't shudder at the idea.

Sinious
Plagueis > Vitiate is retarded bro

Nephthys
Well, I disagree.

Sinious
So you, even before SoR came out, let alone SoR or Ziost or KOTFE, believed that Vitiate > DE Sidious was very possible but right now you think Plagueis > Valkorion can be a thing? Well, okay then.

Nai
So you, even before SoR came out, let alone SoR or Ziost or KOTFE, believed that Vitiate > DE Sidious was very possible but right now you think Plagueis > Valkorion can be a thing? Well, okay then.

Emphasis mine. Two highlighted words that illustrate, why Neph is...

a)...not wrong.
b)...smarter than you.

Not that I haven't known that before. wink

Sinious
I specifically used those words to make my point, buddy. DE Sidious is much higher than TPM Sidious and someone on DE Sids level shouldn't lose a majority to TPM Sidious if they lose at all.

Not really a valuable observation. Try harder. thumb up

McP
I'm glad that shitty idea of "DE Sidious' isn't a part of the Canon anymore.

Nai
I specifically used those words to make my point, buddy. DE Sidious is much higher than TPM Sidious and someone on DE Sids level shouldn't lose a majority to TPM Sidious if they lose at all.

Not really a valuable observation. Try harder. thumb up

Erm.

You do realize, that Plagueis probably is more powerful than TPM Sidious? Just asking.

Sinious
Originally posted by Nai
Erm.

You do realize, that Plagueis probably is more powerful than TPM Sidious? Just asking. Plagueis biggest accolade is being equal to TPM Sidious though.

Nai
Plagueis biggest accolade is being equal to TPM Sidious though.

Quote? Source?

Trocity
Valkorion busts the galaxy.

Sinious
Originally posted by Nai
Quote? Source? Hmm, I think at the end of the novel it is said(or Sidious says) he surpassed him. Can't look it up now atm. There are also several sources that hint to them being really close as of TPM though. Kind of a grey area.

carthage
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Source: Insider #88: Heritage of the Sith

After Plagueis dies the narrator notes there is a gravitic shift in the force towards Palpatine in the prologue of the novel.

Sinious
Exactly. thumb up

Though like I said, none of those outright say they're equals.

Nephthys
The skill and ability to get Plagueis drunk and kill him in his sleep, right.

Thanks for the support Nai.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, I disagree.

On the basis of showings?

Nephthys
Sure.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How so? Fill me with your testicular energies wisdom.

Nephthys
Disintegrating a dozen armored fighters while massively wounded, punching through armored torso's, moving faster than a droids perception, defeating a superior martial combatant through his force connection, midichlorian manipulation. I dunno, read the respect thread.

One could certainly make the argument. I'm not dismissing the possibility as retarded. That's for the unimaginative.

Sinious
lmao I'm getting bashed by tor people on such a day

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Disintegrating a dozen armored fighters while massively wounded,

His best feat, no doubt.

punching through armored torso's,

Plagueis has mad stremph, indeed.

moving faster than a droids perception,

Revan! Scourge has done this.

defeating a superior martial combatant through his force connection,

Vitiate does this in every single fight he's ever been part of, against much more impressive teams/foes.

midichlorian manipulation.

Impressive in terms of knowledge/discovery/mastery, but hardly indicative of his strength in the force, especially compared to someone like Valkorion.

Plagueis has his share of very, very impressive feats, no doubt, but Valkorion's blow his so far out of the water, it's not even comparable. I give Plagueis the benefit of the doubt certainly, he's in my top 5 or 3 Sith. But on showings alone, there's no way that what he's done compares to Valkorion.

Nephthys
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vitiate does this in every single fight he's ever been part of, against much more impressive teams/foes.

I meant in lightsaber combat. Venamis was a better duelist than him yet Plagueis still managed to beat him because he's just that good.

Impressive in terms of knowledge/discovery/mastery, but hardly indicative of his strength in the force, especially compared to someone like Valkorion.

What if Plagueis used it to kill him though? It's not like Vitiate has a response to that.

Plagueis has his share of very, very impressive feats, no doubt, but Valkorion's blow his so far out of the water, it's not even comparable. I give Plagueis the benefit of the doubt certainly, he's in my top 5 or 3 Sith. But on showings alone, there's no way that what he's done compares to Valkorion.

I'm not saying that Plaguies' force feats are as good as Vitiates, just that I can see a plausible scenario for him winning. Plagueis attacks Vitiate with his saber. Sure, Vitiate can block it, but with Plagueis' monster-strength and speed it wouldn't exactly be easy. And unlike Arcann, Plagueis isn't gonna get pimp-slapped. With his comparable level of power, Valkorion would need a lengthy force battle to batter Plagueis into submission, all which the latter is battering him into submission as well. Eventually Plagueis just tanks and spanks him.

If Plagueis is in your top 3 or 5 then I don't see why you think theres such a gap between them that Plagueis gets owned. That's ****in' retarded bro.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I meant in lightsaber combat. Venamis was a better duelist than him yet Plagueis still managed to beat him because he's just that good.

That's fair, but still incomparable to even Arcann imho.

Edit: I shouldn't say incomparable, as that would imply vastly inferior. I more or less meant that such a feat is, at its highest worth, Arcann level. Which even that I still doubt, though not by vast disparity.

What if Plagueis used it to kill him though? It's not like Vitiate has a response to that.

Is there any proof that Plagueis can comfortably pull that shit with Valkorion raining on him?

I'm not saying that Plaguies' force feats are as good as Vitiates, just that I can see a plausible scenario for him winning. Plagueis attacks Vitiate with his saber. Sure, Vitiate can block it, but with Plagueis' monster-strength and speed it wouldn't exactly be easy. And unlike Arcann, Plagueis isn't gonna get pimp-slapped. With his comparable level of power, Valkorion would need a lengthy force battle to batter Plagueis into submission, all which the latter is battering him into submission as well. Eventually Plagueis just tanks and spanks him.

If Plagueis is in your top 3 or 5 then I don't see why you think theres such a gap between them that Plagueis gets owned. That's ****in' retarded bro.

You're misunderstanding my argument. In terms of feats, Plagueis isn't necessarily much better than Arcann, much less Vitiate. I give Plagueis his benefit of the doubt because of his implied power and standing in the Banite Line. But in terms of feats, There's no way in hell Plagueis is closing in on Valkorion.

Nephthys
That's fair, but still incomparable to even Arcann imho.

That's your opinion.

Is there any proof that Plagueis can comfortably pull that shit with Valkorion raining on him?

Frankly, I don't know and I don't care. It's not as if it suits me to try to prove that. I'd rather it wasn't. However, it's a plausible argument someone could make.

You're misunderstanding my argument. In terms of feats, Plagueis isn't necessarily much better than Arcann, much less Vitiate. I give Plagueis his benefit of the doubt because of his implied power and standing in the Banite Line. But in terms of feats, There's no way in hell Plagueis is closing in on Valkorion.

"Well, I disagree."

I don't care if you think Vitiate has better feats or not. He can still lose. All that you asked me was if I think, based on showings, Plagueis beating Valkorion isn't retarded. I just gave you a plausible scenario, as well as the midichlorian argument. Based on showings, it can be argued that Plagueis has the tools to beat him.

carthage
Plagueis's physicals are ****ing nuts too.

He can punch through a solid door of Transparisteel, punch through armored torsos, and can fight through failing hearts.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Frankly, I don't know and I don't care. It's not as if it suits me to try to prove that. I'd rather it wasn't. However, it's a plausible argument someone could make.

Arguments being plausible doesn't necessitate them not being "retarded." Someone can argue Luke oneshots Sidious and Valkorion combined via fold space. It's a plausible argument that has evidence and precedent, but practically speaking it's pretty "retarded." Speaking of which, to make such an argument that Plagueis's MM can plausibly defeat Valkorion, one would need plausible evidence for such. So you saying the argument is plausible despite admitting to not have knowledge on the matter strikes me as http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

"Well, I disagree."

I don't care if you think Vitiate has better feats or not. He can still lose. All that you asked me was if I think, based on showings, Plagueis beating Valkorion isn't retarded. I just gave you a plausible scenario, as well as the midichlorian argument. Based on showings, it can be argued that Plagueis has the tools to beat him.

As I mentioned earlier, an argument being theoretically plausible doesn't make it not "retarded" (In the context of how the term is being used.) Based on showings, Plagueis has legitimately not shown anything that I can imagine would lead someone to believe he cuts down Valkorion. A lot of this is due to circumstance, but in reality his feat against the strike team, Ziost, Arcann, and Arcann again convincingly beat out Plagueis's feats against Venamis and the Maladians.

Though, realistically, opting to quarrel was pretty foolish on my part, given that Plagueis beating Valkorion being retarded solely depends on how McP believes Plagueis beats Valkorion. I just don't really see any good, or, not "retarded" avenues, as far as raw feats are concerned. Add in implications and what not, then yeah, the argument can and has been made.

Sinious
@ Skillz,

F*** Nai, you're my new hero tbh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This ain't no place for an hero smile

FreshestSlice
Even Neph's betrayal will not halt what must be done.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
won't halt. *

FreshestSlice
My phone is stupid, but yeah. Valkorion and his brood have risen above us mere mortals.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
*won't stop (assuming you're going with the Revan quote)

Sinious
Even Neph's betrayal will not halt what must be done. thumb up

Deronn_solo
The team eats him for lunch. Palpatine at this point was already an absolute monster - and according to Luceno - Plagueis is above TPM Palpatine, before his death at least.

FreshestSlice
*won't stop (assuming you're going with the Revan quote)
I got over Revan in 2011. Any similarities are not intentional.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
The team eats him for lunch. Palpatine at this point was already an absolute monster - and according to Luceno - Plagueis is above TPM Palpatine, before his death at least.
You are assuming that Valkorion will fight on their terms which is unlikely. Valkorion will utterly bombard his opponents to submission before they can close the gap.

Tanking Valkorion powers is not an easy thing. Valkorion wrecked Revan in a span of 2 seconds(?) when he became serious; bombardment was so intense that Revan's body reaching boiling-point and pain was astounding. Now keep in mind that Revan is a Yoda-tier Force-user and his defensive abilities are among the best we have seen yet.

Nephthys

There is no betrayal. I indicated at the start that I personally lean Valkorion. I'm just not saying it's impossible for Plagueis to win, or for someone to believe so with good cause.

McP
^
For those TOR fanboys any person who will disagree that Vitiate can stomp anybody, will be a traitor.

Trocity
Valkorion is a planet buster and lightsabers are like glowsticks to him and he can beat Jordan 1 on 1 in a game of pickup and teach Hawking about physics.

carthage
What's so impressive about him blocking lightsaber strikes with barrier?

Trocity
That's just his Hierro tbh.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
What's so impressive about him blocking lightsaber strikes with barrier? This. I mean its just replicated the by the Ones of Mortis and no one else. No big deal. smokin'

Nephthys
And Nox. And Thor. And Shaak Ti. And Marek.

Sinious
Not like Valky bro.

FreshestSlice
Most people care about the speed at which he does it and the consistency
Originally posted by Trocity
Valkorion is a planet buster and lightsabers are like glowsticks to him and he can beat Jordan 1 on 1 in a game of pickup and teach Hawking about physics.
Valkorion is slower and much older. No way is he beating Jordan 1 on 1.

Nai
Arguments being plausible doesn't necessitate them not being "retarded."

Using "retarded" as a perogative is always tasteless, no matter the terms, though.

The word that you couldn't find in your limited dictionary was "unlikely".

We are operating in a fictional realm, comparing opposing forces attacking eachother with attacks fueld by an mystical energy field and you talk about probability? wink

We have absolutely no idea what Plagueis in the post balance shift state could do in a one on one confrontation, since we don't see him in such circumstances. But now imagine the force wave he used, while injured, to "almost atomize" armed combatants, focused on a single target while in top shape. And I may add: He himself at least believes, that he is more powerful than any Sith before him, while having knowledge about the Sith Emperor. So if we trust his own judgement, he is more powerful than Vitiate pre defeat by the HoT, which is already quite impressive.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your judgement, that doesn't make Neph's argument "retarded". Furthermore: If Plagueis is more powerful than "basic" Vitiate, this could be a hell of a fight.

The aforementioned channeling of raw power against the Maladians directed towards a single target could do quite some damage. And if Plagueis would try to take down Valkorian with his lightsaber, his sheer brute force coupled with his speed may not proof too much for the Eternal Emperor - but it would perhabs be more of a challenge than Arcann's assault against his father.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nai
Using "retarded" as a perogative is always tasteless, no matter the terms, though.

The word that you couldn't find in your limited dictionary was "unlikely".

I was merely making reference to Sinious's term, hence the quotations surrounding the word. Your insult to my vocabulary was extremely and unnecessarily cruel tho

Originally posted by Nai
We are operating in a fictional realm, comparing opposing forces attacking eachother with attacks fueld by an mystical energy field and you talk about probability? wink

We have absolutely no idea what Plagueis in the post balance shift state could do in a one on one confrontation, since we don't see him in such circumstances. But now imagine the force wave he used, while injured, to "almost atomize" armed combatants, focused on a single target while in top shape. And I may add: He himself at least believes, that he is more powerful than any Sith before him, while having knowledge about the Sith Emperor. So if we trust his own judgement, he is more powerful than Vitiate pre defeat by the HoT, which is already quite impressive.

Well, I'm arguing in the context of feats only, aka what they have specifically shown, not what they're implied to be capable of doing. While I personally believe the feats-only paradigm is flawed, I was asking how, in terms of feats, Plagueis stacks up to the Immortal Emperor. And while his raw power showing against the Maladians was indeed incredible, The Immortal Emperor has honestly shown, in terms of feats, much greater ability in all areas other than telekinesis.

Originally posted by Nai
While I don't necessarily disagree with your judgement, that doesn't make Neph's argument "retarded". Furthermore: If Plagueis is more powerful than "basic" Vitiate, this could be a hell of a fight.

The aforementioned channeling of raw power against the Maladians directed towards a single target could do quite some damage. And if Plagueis would try to take down Valkorian with his lightsaber, his sheer brute force coupled with his speed may not proof too much for the Eternal Emperor - but it would perhabs be more of a challenge than Arcann's assault against his father.

In the very part you quoted, I stated opting to quarrel was pretty "retarded" of me, given that McP's argument being "retarded" depends on how he presents it. I'm not arguing that Plagueis wouldn't realistically provide more of a challenge than Arcann, rather that if we literally take Plagueis's feats at face value and measure him using only those, that he falls decisively short to the Immortal Emperor overall. Then I went on to say that using Plagueis's implications of his capabilities, then yes, the argument that he can fight the Immortal Emperor excellently can and has been made.

Like you, I'm playing Lucifer's Butt-Buddy. I've got Plagueis in my top 3-5 sith. It's just that I find the ways that I've seen others vouch for him to be pretty amusing.

The Ellimist
Lmao

NewGuy01
He's no match at all for the two of them together.

Syndicate
Team.

carthage
Holy **** no way is he beating both at once lol

SunRazer
Sidious solos in a great fight by himself. Plagueis turns this into a very one-sided battle.

EDIT: Never mind - it's TPM Palpatine. Still, the team wins.

The Ellimist
KEK

Either solo.

UCanShootMyNova
Team in a good fight.

Ursumeles
Team stomps. TPM Sidious and arguably Plagueis could solo.

UCanShootMyNova
Nope.

The Ellimist
DE Sidious wouldn't beat this team lol.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Nope.
Yes :/
Even if they wouldn't, the fight isn't good lmfao, that is just ridiculous. RotS Sidious is stated to be > Valk, and TPM Sids and Plagueis aren't far away.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
thumb up
At very best Luke, depending on yojr ranking of Caedus.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
TPM Sids and Plagueis aren't far away.

What makes you think that?

Ursumeles
What makes you think that? The fact that Sidious couldn't train much between TPM and RotS. Also, they are still vastly superior to Bane.

Petrus

darthbane77
Valkorion bringing full power to bare against them should be enough imo. Plagueis and ROTS Sidious probably win though. Unless this a fight to complete destruction and not actual death, in which case; IF Valkorion dies at all he just comes back as a spirit and kills them both anyway.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
The fact that Sidious couldn't train much between TPM and RotS. Also, they are still vastly superior to Bane.

How does their individual superiority to Bane indicate the gap between them and RotS isn't that wide?

Azronger
Valkorion gets gutted.

MythLord
Sheev solos smile

Deronn_solo
Team utterly dominates. No one is taking him solo, though.

SunRazer
Palpatine takes him alone.

Together, Valkorion gets curbed harder than he will in the upcoming expansion smile

The Ellimist
Post Plagueis death Sidious solos.

Pre-death it's harder to say, but Sidious/Plagueis could still prob solo.

Ursumeles
How does their individual superiority to Bane indicate the gap between them and RotS isn't that wide?
Nah, being vastly superior to Bane just suggests that Plaggy is extremely good smile

Azronger
Yeah, EoTPM Sidious solos.

Geistalt
Originally posted by SunRazer
Palpatine takes him alone.

Together, Valkorion gets curbed harder than he will in the upcoming expansion smile

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine, as of TPM, stands no chance against Valkorion. Even, as of ROTS, cannot handle him. However, with Darth Plagueis on his side, the duo might find an opening to exploit, if one of them does not falls earlier.

So, even if Valkorion looses his avatar, he would retaliate in disembodied form. Unless specified otherwise.

Deronn_solo
What is everyone case for TPM Sidious > Valkorion? Because I'm not seeing it in the slightest.

quanchi112
Fanboyism I'd imagine.

Azronger
What is everyone case for TPM Sidious > Valkorion? Because I'm not seeing it in the slightest.

Influencing the Force on a galactic scale > influencing the Force on a planetary scale; having great dueling skill > having no dueling skill.

The Ellimist
Yeah

Jmanghan
...Team, I thought it was JKBart making this thread, but like... WTF Ant o-o ....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Azronger
Influencing the Force on a galactic scale > influencing the Force on a planetary scale; having great dueling skill > having no dueling skill. He needed the help of Plagueis to do that, and btw, they failed.

Midichlorians created Anakin of their own will, not through Palpatine.

Tondemonai
Valkorion wins TPM around. Against ROTS Sheev and Plageuis, he'll probably still win, but it will be a very good fight.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Valkorion wins TPM around. Against ROTS Sheev and Plageuis, he'll probably still win, but it will be a very good fight. Yeah; no. Take that back, fanboi. NOW.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao.

Deronn_solo
Influencing the Force on a galactic scale > influencing the Force on a planetary scale; having great dueling skill > having no dueling skill.

1. I dunno how you even qualify that in a combative stance given it took months of complex rituals, meditation, among other things. Not to mention, they focused on a rend in the Force already caused by tampering from a earlier RoT Sith Lord.

2. He had help from another Sith Lord on his tier in power; I have no doubt in my mind that Valkorion's could have done the same if he was in Sidious' shoes.

3. Valkorion's combative feats are flat-out superior to Palpatine's during this time period.

4. Good thing he can no-sell Lightsaber shots with his bare hands.

Azronger
1. I dunno how you even qualify that in a combative stance given it took months of complex rituals, meditation, among other things. Not to mention, they focused on a rend in the Force already caused by tampering from a earlier RoT Sith Lord.

2. He had help from another Sith Lord on his tier in power;

Sidious managed to do it without any rituals after the power boost he gained from killing Plagueis. No other entity aside from the Son, Abeloth, and Sarasu Taalon (to my knowledge) have that kind of power.

Quotes for Valkorion imbalancing the Force with his mere presence?

A feats-only approach will get you nowhere.

Good thing Sidious is too skilled and too fast for Valkorion to do that.

Azronger
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He needed the help of Plagueis to do that, and btw, they failed.

Midichlorians created Anakin of their own will, not through Palpatine.

You haven't read the book, apparently.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Geistalt
Yeah; no. Take that back, fanboi. NOW.

I'll keep my opinion, thanks. Feel free to write with discomfort, it's entertaining. Seriously though, I hold Valkorion above DE Sheev, and I'm assuming you are of the opinion that DE Sidious could take on ROTS Palps and Plagueis wink

Trocity
I'm not sure anyone thinks DE Sidious would beat ROTS Sidious and Plagueis. Valkorion/Luke wouldn't either.

Azronger
Originally posted by Trocity
I'm not sure anyone thinks DE Sidious would beat ROTS Sidious and Plagueis. Valkorion/Luke wouldn't either.

I do. And Luke would. Not Valkorion, though.

The Ellimist
We already know that Plagueis > Vitiate; it isn't too big of a stretch to say that he's on Valkorion's level.

Geistalt
We already know that Plagueis > Vitiate; it isn't too big of a stretch to say that he's on Valkorion's level. Oh, god; you're one of them.

S_W_LeGenD

2. He had help from another Sith Lord on his tier in power; I have no doubt in my mind that Valkorion's could have done the same if he was in Sidious' shoes.

3. Valkorion's combative feats are flat-out superior to Palpatine's during this time period.

4. Good thing he can no-sell Lightsaber shots with his bare hands.
thumb up

I am beginning to appreciate you.

Among the fans of PT or a later era, your views appear to be much more balanced.

Beniboybling
Joke thread. Team rapes.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
thumb up

Among the fans of PT or a later era, your views appear to be much more balanced. A good indication that your wrong, DC.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
A good indication that your wrong, DC.
You don't get to say that after: http://www.swtor.com/community/archive/index.php/t-651297.html

You should be ashamed of yourself.

MythLord
The top 3 were accurate, tbh. No idea why Fay is > Vader, though.

Beniboybling
You don't get to say that after: http://www.swtor.com/community/archive/index.php/t-651297.html

You should be ashamed of yourself. laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
laughing out loud

7? I'm proud of you beanie. smile

Beniboybling
Sorry Syn, but I've since seen the light. smile

http://www.actiontrip.com/images/DarthVader_Face.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
Been blinded like it more like.

Beniboybling
Vader's greatness is dazzling.

DarthAnt66
Beni throwing shade at Legend, but he forgets who was voted worst member on KMC.

quanchi112
Vader's greatness is dazzling. Vader was a very weak man.

UCanShootMyNova
Beni throwing shade at Legend, but he forgets who was voted worst member on KMC.

thumb up

Beniboybling
Beni throwing shade at Legend, but he forgets who was voted worst member on KMC. While your desperate attempts to do so are almost as entertaining as his. Need to try harder tho. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by quanchi112
Vader was a very weak man. Hurr durr.

Deronn_solo
Sidious managed to do it without any rituals after the power boost he gained from killing Plagueis. No other entity aside from the Son, Abeloth, and Sarasu Taalon (to my knowledge) have that kind of power.

Quotes for Valkorion imbalancing the Force with his mere presence?

Haven't read Darth Plagueis since 2012; mind quoting the relevant passage? Even then, there is clear circumstances within the "showing" you're obviously not factoring, or flat-out ignoring. To put something in perspective though, according to Lana Beniko, during SoR --- Revan's presence in the Force was causing a galactic disturbance in the Force that was felt everywhere in the energy field.

Through scaling, we know that Revan is nowhere near Valkorion in power, so his effect on the Force would be monumentally more potent; certainly enough to say he can shift the balance in the Force that was already heavily tipped in the favor of the dark side because of rituals/meditations and such on a rend in the Force already created by Tenebrous' master via Plagueis and Sidious' tampering.

LMAO. You do know who you're telling that to, right? Holistic portrayal and hype can still put Valkorion above this Sidious. Feats is simply the icing on the cake.

Before or after Valkorion defeats him with the Force?

thumb up

Among the fans of PT or a later era, your views appear to be much more balanced.

Thanks man, I try. xD

quanchi112
Hurr durr. In the end he died as a Jedi forsaking Vader for all time. Weak, weak Sith.

Ziggystardust
Walkorian gets butchered in everything bar sabers, where he contends admirably.

The_Tempest
Haven't read Darth Plagueis since 2012; mind quoting the relevant passage? Even then, there is clear circumstances within the "showing" you're obviously not factoring, or flat-out ignoring. To put something in perspective though, according to Lana Beniko, during SoR --- Revan's presence in the Force was causing a galactic disturbance in the Force that was felt everywhere in the energy field.

Through scaling, we know that Revan is nowhere near Valkorion in power, so his effect on the Force would be monumentally more potent; certainly enough to say he can shift the balance in the Force that was already heavily tipped in the favor of the dark side because of rituals/meditations and such on a rend in the Force already created by Tenebrous' master via Plagueis and Sidious' tampering.

LMAO. You do know who you're telling that to, right? Holistic portrayal and hype can still put Valkorion above this Sidious. Feats is simply the icing on the cake.

Before or after Valkorion defeats him with the Force?

Thanks man, I try. xD

Regarding the ritual, tipping the balance of the Force irrevocably towards the dark side for decades such that the Jedi order's connection to the Cosmic Force diminishes is several orders of magnitude more impressive than even emitting a galaxywide Force disturbance.

Azronger

Azronger

The Ellimist
To play devil's advocate, how do you know that shift wasn't caused by Plagueis's death, and the implications for galactic events, not Sidious growing super powerful?

Azronger
Sorry, had to post twice, since I couldn't edit it anymore. The second one is the one that should be addressed.

Deronn_solo

Azronger
To play devil's advocate, how do you know that shift wasn't caused by Plagueis's death, and the implications for galactic events, not Sidious growing super powerful?

I already gave my alternate explanation.

But anyway, why would the death of an individual have more of an effect than on the galactic balance, than when they were alive, when they had infinitely more power and command of the Force?

The Ellimist
Because it set in motion the Great Jedi Purge?

The_Tempest

...Which has far more to do with Palpatine's presence than with Plagueis's absence.

The Ellimist
Not necessarily, butterfly effect and all.

The_Tempest
Not necessarily, butterfly effect and all.

By all means elaborate.

Azronger

I thought we were talking about the balance of the Force and not political stuff.

The Ellimist
By all means elaborate.

Well by the butterfly effect I mean that I don't really know, like maybe Plagueis would've sabotaged Palpatine's attempts to turn Anakin, and then gotten unmasked by Yoda, and the two would've been exposed, etc.

In either case, there's no denying that Sidious's killing of Plagueis was of historical importance.

I thought we were talking about the balance of the Force and not political stuff.

Killing thousands of Jedi and turning the Chosen One wouldn't have shifted the balance of the Force?

Azronger
Killing thousands of Jedi and turning the Chosen One wouldn't have shifted the balance of the Force?

Well, yeah. I still don't understand how Plagueis dying over a decade before any of that has anything to do with it, though.

The_Tempest
Well by the butterfly effect I mean that I don't really know, like maybe Plagueis would've sabotaged Palpatine's attempts to turn Anakin, and then gotten unmasked by Yoda, and the two would've been exposed, etc.

In either case, there's no denying that Sidious's killing of Plagueis was of historical importance.

No one is denying that Sidious killing Plagueis is historically important. But Palpatine's presence is infinitely more important to the events set in motion than Plagueis'a absence.

The Ellimist
Yeah but Palpatine was already present beforehand. The real question is whether his boost in power is more important than Plagueis's death.

Azronger
We're not debating which was more important to the Grand Plan; we're debating which unbalanced the Force right then and there, not a decade later. And the answer to the latter is Sidious' boost.

The Ellimist
It's possible that implications on future events balance/unbalance the Force. Canon example: the Force being "awakened", presumably by Rey.

Nephthys
Not sure if it has any relevance, but I recall that Krayt managed to unbalance the Force as well.

Beniboybling
Not seeing how Plagueis death did anything to further the Grand Plan bar elevating Sidious, historically little would have gone differently. Evidently though Plagueis death has something to do with this shift i.e. in the sense that the dark side once held by two coalesced around one, making that one more powerful and deepening the shift to the dark side in the process.

More to the point its obvious that Sidious is the spearhead in all this, he dark side has "anointed him", he is the one responsible for the imbalance, hence why balance to the Force is restored with his death, not undone by Plagueis'.

This is actually an excellent point Azronger has raised, I hadn't picked up on the fact it describes an "irrevocable" in the Force. Furthermore if we consider that Maul only senses the imbalance in the Force upon his revival, as opposed to after Plagueis and Sidious ritual, it would seem this shift was even more potent. The Jedi only seem to pick up on the imbalance nearer to the Clone Wars as well.

The Ellimist
Not sure if it has any relevance, but I recall that Krayt managed to unbalance the Force as well.

Quote?

Azronger
It's possible that implications on future events balance/unbalance the Force. Canon example: the Force being "awakened", presumably by Rey.

That's not an unbalancing, just a ripple.

Now, do you actually have something to support this theory of yours?

Azronger
Not seeing how Plagueis death did anything to further the Grand Plan bar elevating Sidious, historically little would have gone differently. Evidently though Plagueis death has something to do with this shift i.e. in the sense that the dark side once held by two coalesced around one, making that one more powerful and deepening the shift to the dark side in the process.

More to the point its obvious that Sidious is the spearhead in all this, he dark side has "anointed him", he is the one responsible for the imbalance, hence why balance to the Force is restored with his death, not undone by Plagueis'.

This is actually an excellent point Azronger has raised, I hadn't picked up on the fact it describes an "irrevocable" in the Force. Furthermore if we consider that Maul only senses the imbalance in the Force upon his revival, as opposed to after Plagueis and Sidious ritual, it would seem this shift was even more potent. The Jedi only seem to pick up on the imbalance nearer to the Clone Wars as well.

thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>