Which is more durable???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Cap Shield
Mjlonir
Pure Adamantium
Juggernaut skin
Green Lantern Ring
Thanos shields

Name the top 3 please.

Time-Immemorial
Cap Shield
Mjlonir
Pure Adamantium

Mindset
Danny's fist.

Decter
Juggernauts skin with high tier feats or average?

deathslash
Originally posted by Mindset
Danny's fist. this. Followed by Luke cage's skin and squirrel girl's fists.

Adam Grimes
Hulk's pants.

riv6672
1. Cap Shield
2. Mjolnir
3. Pure Adamantium

StiltmanFTW
1. Cap's shield.
2. Pure adamantium / Mjolnir.
3. Cain's skin (if we include the forcefield).

Scoobless
Power Girl's shirt

Digi
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1. Cap's shield.
2. Pure adamantium / Mjolnir.
3. Cain's skin (if we include the forcefield).

Stoic
Cap's shield can't be more durable than Mjolnir. It was put to the test when King Thor hit the shield. The shield rumpled, and Mjolnir did not crack even slightly. To drill this point in even further, the shield was improved with the same substance that Mjolnir is made of after the Serpent broke it.

So currently:

1. Mjolnir/Cap's shield (post augmentation)
2. Pure Adamantium
3. Cain's Skin with forcefield.

Scoobless
Skin and forcefield are two completely seperate things.

Juggernaut has been cut by a few people (IIRC)

Star428
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Cap Shield
Mjlonir
Pure Adamantium

Though I wouldn't rank them in that order though. I think Mjolnir should be at the top.

StiltmanFTW
Mjolnir has been damaged too many times, it's been even affected by heat:

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Mjolnir01.jpg.html

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Cap's shield can't be more durable than Mjolnir. It was put to the test when King Thor hit the shield. The shield rumpled, and Mjolnir did not crack even slightly.
I'd have to see Cap's shield somehow molded into a hammer wielded by King Thor strike an uru shield the same thickness as Cap's to be convinced.

Prof. T.C McAbe
In before Robins Anus.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
In before Robins Anus.

laughing laughing laughing

Cogito
Originally posted by carver9
Green Lantern Ring

Why is this even on the list? I'm not sure I've ever seen someone try to break one and fail...

riv6672
^^^Someone has to take the bronze.
In this case its either the ring or Juggernaut's skin.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
I'd have to see Cap's shield somehow molded into a hammer wielded by King Thor strike an uru shield the same thickness as Cap's to be convinced.

On panel evidence as it is, has proven that if Mjolnir were to strike the shield with sufficient force, that the shield would buckle without damaging Mjolnir. It has also been accepted that a being as powerful as the Serpent could destroy the shield. It is what is is I guess. When Uru was applied to the shield, it was considered an upgrade and not a downgrade.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
In before Robins Anus.

That's what Bruce said.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Cap Shield
Mjlonir
Pure Adamantium
Juggernaut skin
Green Lantern Ring
Thanos shields

Name the top 3 please.

You have to specify the size and shape of adamantium.
You have to specify which interpretation of Juggs, forcefield Juggs, or none forcefield Juggs.
You have to specify blunt force or energy projection durability.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Cap's shield can't be more durable than Mjolnir. It was put to the test when King Thor hit the shield. The shield rumpled, and Mjolnir did not crack even slightly. To drill this point in even further, the shield was improved with the same substance that Mjolnir is made of after the Serpent broke it.

So currently:

1. Mjolnir/Cap's shield (post augmentation)
2. Pure Adamantium
3. Cain's Skin with forcefield.

Mjolnir's durability depends on who is in possession. The Odin force fortifies Mjolnir more. For example, we know that Destroyer is more durable than Mjolnir since it's made from same metal and empowered by more things. But King Thor decapitated Destroyer with Mjolnir.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
Mjolnir's durability depends on who is in possession. The Odin force fortifies Mjolnir more. For example, we know that Destroyer is more durable than Mjolnir since it's made from same metal and empowered by more things. But King Thor decapitated Destroyer with Mjolnir.

Diff spells and enchantments, though.

Surtur
Since when has a GL ring been super durable? I suppose a ring wielder could augment the durability of his ring, but that isn't the same thing.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That's what Bruce said.

I expected something like that's what Dick told me. ^^

riv6672
Never thought of that. Neat.

carver9
Is the Destroyer made out of Uru?

DarkSaint85
No.

Stoic

Where was it written? I know that the Destroyer used to be known as more durable and not entirely made of the same substance, but retcons are known to occur. These days, just about anyone is able to slag that armor, so it has slightly been reduced in stature as opposed to what it used to be. Anyway I do agree that it really does depend on the size of the Adamantium as Riv made a similar statement earlier. I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that Carver may have been thinking of it being as thick as a fire door?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.