The Hulk has horrible special effects!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Its laughable. I've seen better effects in Gamecube games!
The Hulk himself looks really bad! Totally fake!

How can they release something like that?
Its horrible! sick

Raz
Yeah, the trailer graphics don't seem that convincing. Maybe the are still working on the graphics...

yerssot
didn't the stills show a much better quality?

Tex
From the looks of things, they would have to work another year to make it presentable! Its atrocious! The Hulk isn't even of a similar clarity/color hue as his surroundings. He looks like some cheesy 80s movie effect. Its horrible!

I've seen about 2 different new TV previews showing never before seen footage, looks just as horrible!

Horrible!
Horrible!
Horrible!

Who the hell is responsible for the CGI? sick

yerssot
me wink

no, I heard some who said it was looking good

Augeybana
I'm gonna see it anyways to see if the story is good if it is the special effects won't matter but if it sucks then I won't see part 2.

yerssot
there's gonna be a part 2???

Raz
Its Ang Lee. How can you NOT see it!

Augeybana
They'll be a part two if this movie makes money and you know it will.It'll make at least over $100 million.

Tex
They should of just gotten a big puppet to play The Hulk.

Augeybana
Yeah with stings yeh.

Tex
Stringless puppets with midgets inside moving sticks.
You'd be suprised.

Augeybana
LOL.That movie would have made million except the millions of dollars using CGI.

Tex
Too many movies are using too many GCI shots. SW is the only ones that can pull them off, and even then some shots look really fake.

What happened to great costumes and makeup?

Remember the devil from "Legend"? That was brilliant, and no CGI on him!

Augeybana
That true movies are using too much CGi but special effects are awesome.The Matrix Reloaded was great and looked real except for the Agent Smith part where some shots loooked fake.

Ushgarak
Yes, Star Wars is the only film series that has ever used a cgi human and I had to be told, rather than noticing. If LOTR did not fail there also it might be justified in stealing SW's effects crown. Even so, as Tex says, SW does not always look right.

I MUST see this trailer because one of my friends said the effects looked extremely good. Hmmmmm...

Augeybana
Jar Jar binks is one of SW biggest and dumbest mistake.

yerssot
thought that was not seeing who was behind the clone wars?

Augeybana
It was terrible very useless character that was a poor attempt for being a comidic character.

chico23
I don't think I'm going to hate The Hulk as much as I do Jar Jar.

Augeybana
Jar Jar is one of the stupiest character of all time.

yerssot
so, the Hulk can't miss wink

GordonSkywalker
The new Hulk is nowhere as convincing as Lou Ferrigno. I will not see this when it comes out.

Captain REX
I might see it. I was never a big fan of the Hulk.

diegocala
Don't make me ANGRY! evil face

Darth Vicious
i read in an article with Ang Lee that the Hulk in the trailers was a first draft, that in the movie hes supposed to be better quality wise, lets hope its true because Damn it looks so fake so far

Phoenix
Special effects aside, is it still worth going to see?

Stovenutts
prolly not.

Stovenutts
whats the deal? did the movie industry find a box of old comics and sy "lets make a movie of everysingle old comic charactor". im tired of all these super hero movies...x men was awsome but then all these others.

Darth Vicious
I would really like to see Hulk beatin Jar Jar and i think that comic books have a lot of great characters that would translate excellent in the movies and not necesarly superpowered characters like the Punisher, The Black Widow, Bat-Man to name a couple and the stories in comic books sometimes are intriguing and interesting, CB its not just for kids as many people believe.

Tex
The recent previews have been looking very polished.
The Hulk actually looks real in some of them wink

Senor_Pessoba
yeah..he looks really good now..the CGI looks as good as Gollum...I cant wait to see it..will probably be better than X2

Tex
Yeah, the recent previews look absolutely amazing!

Just goes to show that they really work on a film untill the last minute.

LindsIsTightK
I think The Hulk looks like an absolutely terrible movie. I can't believe they actually decided to put that movie in theaters. That movie should have just gone straight to home video and DVD, it would save all the movie critics the disappointment when the movie flops.~

Senor_Pessoba
there is no way it is worse then Daredevil

Tex
Its a rental as far as I'm concerned.

Sifer
The Hulk looks as good as Gollum...please...someone help me stop laughing...LMAO

Also, you say people are using too many Special Effects shots? Well please tell me how we can do things such as a Balrog? or defy gravity etc.

I am sorry, bu not one film which has been released yet lives up to the special effects in The Lord of the Rings...not even the Matrix Reloaded.

Tex
Episode I & 2 have far superior special effects than that 3 hour snoozzzzzzzzzzzzze fest Lord of the Ringsstick out tongue

BackFire349
i saw a commercial for the video game and thought it was the actual movie.

AliasNeo15
I beg the differ, sifer. The Lord of the Rings special effects are so obviously not human. I mean all the effects of people running, fighting, etc. Atleast reloaded actually looks human.

Sifer
Hrmmm have any of actually watched the features on the Extended Edition of Lord of the Rings. I'm guessin not. If you had, I doubt you would be saying what you are now. There are shots in Lord of the Rings which you would not, seriously, know they are computer generated. Yes, that includes humans. Just to add, the characters in Lord of the Rings undergone the same treatment as the Matrix Reloaded in terms of special effects (scanned into the computer) before Matrix Reloaded even began filming.

The special effects in Episode 1 are garbage. I thought that when I went to see it. It just didn't look right. Episode II was much better but there was still the problem of Jar Jar - He just doesn't feel right when I see him on screen.

I will be honest, I downloaded the sample file for the Workprint version of the Hulk just to see the quality. Well it showed the scene from the picture of the one which can be found on the forum and around the net (the close up of his face). It was good, but it looks nowhere near as good when it is in motion.

Gollum on the other hand...WOW! Everything he does is believable because everything he does was actually done by Andy Serkis in motion capture. Every facial movement was from Andy Serkis acting out the part. This then goes along with his voice which he also did. What I am trying to say is that he was the first fully actor orientated computer generated character ever. So if you see something in the film with Gollum that you say - that isn't possible...well it is because Andy Serkis did it all smile

AliasNeo15: Did you not think the top down camera shot of all the fellowship running across the bridge of Khazad-dum looked realistic? Because the bridge used was actually real but the actors weren't. Motion captured by them, but they where computer generated in that scene. Also in MANY other scenes smile

The thing about Lord of the Rings is that all the computer generated characters fit perfectly into the environment which Jackson created from Tolkiens vision. The Cave Troll for instance, just looks like it should be there...if you know what I mean.

JerseyBoy
Yes Star Wars and LOTR both had good special effects, but saying they look'd real?????Come on compares to what? Its not like we can sit there and say to ourselves "Ah, now thats what a long-ear'd amazingly annoying alien would look like."

And I believe some one made a reference to Lou Ferrigino being a better hulk. The comic book version of the incredible hulk is incredibly(damnit wheres my thesaurus) large so its not like they could of taken a body builder and painted him green. Also, I think this version of Shrek is going to be so much better than the first.

Senor_Pessoba
I didnt say The Hulk looked better than Gollum.i said the CGI looks the same.........Industrial Light and Magic made Gollum...they also made the Hulk....so they used the same program to do both...thus the CGI does look as good because it is the same...they did motion capture, and expression capture for the Hulk as well..I just watched Hulk: the lowdown..and I still say he looks good...I mean how good do you want him to look.......it is just a comic book movie..it isnt suppose to be real

Amigo
Dah...what is wrong with your eyes bo-e!!! The Hulk is computer generated!!!! Would like to see you do better....

Sifer
Errr no Industrial Light and magic DID NOT make Gollum. WETA Digital which is owned and created by Peter Jackson made Gollum as with all the SFX in LOTR. This is their first set of films and they out do ILM - It made me chuckle smile

Senor_Pessoba
...and the wheel just keeps on spinning and spinning

Mitsubishi Beat
I saw The Hulk..and liked it. I thought it was better than X-2 and Daredevil, although that's not really saying much.

evanwreck
I heard so much talk about how the effects sucked in the hulk, but i was overwhelmed in how good they were? had everyone gone insane? i admit, i thought the effects sucked when i saw the commercials, but when you actually get to see the movie, the effects are excellent---

evanwreck
what? the effects were great!

FLIPMODE
HOLY SMOKES...YOU GOTTA KILL THIS THREAD....From May 26th when this thread was made, the world including I, was under the wrong impression, judging this movie from the Commercials.

The effects in this Movie were EASILY the Best of the year so far, and the HULK LOOKED INCREDIBLE. There I said It.

There's SOOO MANY CG Scenes that looked good, I Really can't even go into them all. SO I'll just Mention one, that really Shined to me.

Then One by One, everyone else can name one great looking scene, until this thread is reversed into the "HULK LOOKS GREAT!!"

Here's Mine:

The Scene where the Hulk Fights the Big Dogs, damn that looked Great.
Ok 2 more, The expression on Hulk when he has the remains of the destroyed tank, and it looks like Thor's Hammer, Hulk, Looked SOO COOl. Also when the Hulk was gripped onto the F-16, that looked amazing good, dare I say Real. I was totally engulfed in ALL of His Battle Scenes. And unlike Most Movies his scenes got better and Better.

OH YEAH THIS MOVIE ROCKED.

Johnson
I THOUGHT THE animation was amazing and the special effects were really fun to watch, its just there should have been more of them, alot more. is a boring movie other than the frigin fiting,

alleycat07
hey the hulk is a brilliant movie thank god we even have such masterpieces in our possion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Sifer
It was an F22 smile

VenomVA
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here but I just had to add my 2 cents to this thread.

First of all people complain about Hulk being CG and that he looks fake, Lou was a better Hulk..yadda yadda.

1. I am a fan of the comics, and I grew up watching the Hulk TV show.

I enjoyed the TV show but then later got into the cartoon series and when I heard they were coming out with a movie my first thought was...BASE IT ON THE COMICS NOT THE TV SHOW!

AND THAT'S WHAT THEY DID, AND I LOVE THEM FOR THAT!

Reasons:

TV show hulk had issues turning a car over.....comic/movie hulk lifts them with one hand (HULK BASH!).

TV show hulk did alot of walking and riding to get around.....comic/movie Hulk JUMPED to get around

TV show hulk went around helping people but hiding from a reporter?.....comic/movie hulk had to fight the army, shield, and other monsters/things.

How are they going to have a real person in make up pick up a tank or hit the ground and make cars move or fight Big @$$ dogs? THEY CAN'T! So they made Hulk CG! I think he looks Great and the movie is great (coming from a comic fan). So what it starts slow...that's call charcter build up for those that hasn't read the comic or watched the cartoons...so what they changed the story of how he becomes the hulk...it would be boring to hear the same story over and over! I'm glad they made adjustments to Hulk's story and Spidey's story....Did anyone complain that stick wasn't in Daredevil as much?
Anyways, I liked the movie and saw it 3 times in the theater and will be getting it on DVD!

nopy
Yes but nearly everyone can name badly done scenes as well, the problem is that one bad scene makes all the difference.

People have been cussing Matrix reloaded for the few scenes that a CGI neo was used and saying it wasnt realistic. It takes a lot to capture the respect of the audience but not much to lose it ! One bad scene undoes all the hard work that the effects company have put in.

There are acouple of scenes in the hulk that are so bad that effects wise that they would be better left out. One scene looked as if it had been drawn in microsoft Paintbrush ! Obviously a scene from the earlier days of production. In another scene there were rendering problems with hulk's pants.

ANd lets not even start on the storyline shall we. Bottom line ? lets hope they dont try to make a sequel.

I also agree that peter jackson's rendition of Golum is amazing. His eyes are bit reflective but that the way tolkien wrote him. I have heard some people say that they thoought Golum was the best actor in TTT .Good effort ! Jar Jar binks on the other hand is the exact opposite to this

Anubis The God
This Anubis.

Oh my word. I'm new to this forum but please people. As a comic fan you guys kill me.

"Hulk is fake"

Newsflash!!! He's 15ft 2000lbs. No human could play him. The graphics are by far the best of the year. The story kicks the ass of most other movies out there and everything about it is the shit.

"So what it starts slow...that's call charcter build up for those that hasn't read the comic or watched the cartoons...so what they changed the story of how he becomes the hulk..."

They didn't even change it. They just tweaked the story. Bruce turns into the Hulk by being severly exposed to gamma radiation thru saving someones life. This happened in the movie but in a different way. The less Hulk in the movie, the better in my opinion. That means when he does come along it will be more impactful. I love it when people call the Hulk fake coz they are just sad enough to go into a cinema looking for bad things with a fine tooth comb. The reasons why people say Hulk looks fake is coz of his size and colour. If you don't want unrealistic things then best bet is to not see a comic adaptation isn't it you morons? Daredevil, A man who is blind yet can fight better than most men with 20/20 vision. Extremely real is it not? Spider-man, has the powers of a spider. Hardly hardcore realism. Yet that is why it is so fun. You can have your Matrices (Matrix is my fav movies by the way) with their EXTREMELY deep plots. Hulk has a deep plot too. But come on. It's just a raw adrenaline rush of excitement to see the Hulk rip tanks apart. People who don't like it are lame in my opinion. Ang keep doing your thing and give us a trilogy.

CaptainTrips
UMM yeah..that scene with the dogs...it only looked good cuz it was dark as hell..they must have run out of money for lighting cuz they spent it all on the CGI..yeah that's it..Hulk looks good in the daylight though..fighting the tanks and choppers..clue me in by the way..WHO IS THE CGI HUMAN IN STAR WARS?? DUKU?? ***Waits to get slapped with a huge trout*** embarrasment

ragesRemorse
i dont think it was so much the CGI that was bad in the Hulk rather than the horrid script, plot and dialouge, id like to know who the CGI human was aswell someone tried to tell me yoda was fake the other day i dont know what the hell there talkin about. i mean he may be a little old but i think he did just as good as he did in the first ones or wait , would that be the last ones hmmm they came first but are last maybe ummm dont know damn this crap is confusing

alaba
Anubis, you're the man....the hulk is a great movie unlike other super hero movies...it wasnt even a superhero movie..just a sick banner trying to understand what's wrong with him...the c.g.i is far awesome and none could do any better..those hulk haters have probably not read any hulk comics..
and then the direction was class and unique..like reading a comic book....

Tracker
Hulk rocked.

Move on, nothing to see here. smokin'

ragesRemorse
yeah the hulk not being a superhero movie is why it was a dissapointment, seeing how he's a superhero not that he wants to be but still is, im not saying i diddnt like that because i did im just positive that why so many people diddnt like the hulk, they went with expectations to see hero trying to foil the baddie. i just wish Ang would have worked with some original or expierenced comic writers to come up with a little more somthing , but ang did put the movie together well giving it a comic feel and thats a hard task taking a hero who doesnt speak or every ounce in a while says a little "hulk smash" or "hulk no like" the whole desert battle sequence was great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.