Spiderman (Toby) vs The Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Grodd mind controls Spiderman and sends him to kill Flash. They fight inside the sewers where Flash first fought Grodd. Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
Spiderman eventually wins. Toby has taken explosives to the face, massive blunt force trauma etc. without any serious injury. I highly doubt Barry will be able to hurt him. On the flipside, Toby is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY stronger than Barry, and has reflexes fast enough that he will eventually land a hit. And once the first hit lands, Barry is going to be in DEEP trouble, because Toby's hits will mess him up badly. Toby can probably use his webbing on the surroundings to restrict how much the Flash can move around the area, which will help him zero in on Barry even more quickly.

Darth Thor
Flash. If he throws stuff at Spider-Man at those speeds, Spidey should go down.

Flash can also fire Lightning now btw.

FrothByte
I don't know. Flash has never fought someone who's had both super strength and super speed as well. And though Spidey isn't as fast as Flash, his reaction times are nothing to be scoffed at either. With his strength and durability advantage I actually see him eking out a win.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Barry can throw lightning, but he can't instantly just zap people, Thor-style (at least he couldn't when he learned. Haven't watch yesterday's episode yet, but it'd be utter BS if he mastered it in 2 episodes). What stops Toby from webbing up the area while Flash tries to build up a strike? Also, they are in a sewer. What is Barry going to throw at him? Pretty sure he could probably find some rats, but that'd just make a mess, nothing else. Barry has never fought someone who was as strong and durable as Spidey, but also fast enough that he could eventually tag him. I just don't see Barry putting him down without getting really lucky, where as it would only be a matter of time before Spiderman landed a hit.

Guess it is still better than putting him up against Garfield Spidey. ASM might not be quite as strong as Toby, but he literally possesses lightning fast reflexes, based on feats.

Tattoos N Scars
Is Flash too fast to set off the Spidey senses in time to react? I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Spidey would have reflexes fast enough to catch the Flash's fist the way Grodd did.

KingD19
ASM Spidey is arguably in the same strength range.

He caught a flying cop car with ease and out muscled an 18 wheeler pushing a bus.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Barry can throw lightning, but he can't instantly just zap people, Thor-style (at least he couldn't when he learned.

That's true. For now.

Haven't watch yesterday's episode yet, but it'd be utter BS if he mastered it in 2 episodes).

Don't know, I'm a week behind where I am. Just saw the Lightning strike yesterday.

What stops Toby from webbing up the area while Flash tries to build up a strike?

His running at super speeds might just burn through the webbing.

Either way doubt that'd stop him, considering he runs on water.

Also, they are in a sewer. What is Barry going to throw at him? Pretty sure he could probably find some rats, but that'd just make a mess, nothing else.

Again true, in this setting Spidey holds the advantage.

Barry has never fought someone who was as strong and durable as Spidey, but also fast enough that he could eventually tag him.

Likewise Spidey's not fought anyone even close to Flash's speed. Not even close.

I agree he would tag Flash eventually, and probably sooner rather than later in a sewer.

I just don't see Barry putting him down without getting really lucky, where as it would only be a matter of time before Spiderman landed a hit..

I'd like to see how he'd react to a supersonic punch. Doubt he'd catch it Grodd style.

Also I'd argue Flash can take some hits, given how he reacts to a bullet hitting him from behind, and his instant healing abilities.

TheVaultDweller
Well, I still think they'd take a toll a lot faster than Barry's would. Barry has strange levels of durability. During the final fight against Reverse Flash at the end of season one, he went flying about 40 yards into the side of a building and brushed it off and got back in the fight, yet sometimes hits from regular people hurt him. The writers really need to be more consistent there. I need to refresh myself on Toby Spidey's speed feats. I remember his spider sense allowed him to do things like dodge a punch coming from behind, but that he seemed slower than Garfield Spiderman.

I think in a more open environment the Flash would have a much better opportunity to pull off a win. Maybe lure Peter into a watery area and try to electrocute him, considering it is a sewer? Pity he hasn't worked more on his intangibility. Eobard would take this in a cake walk by just instantly blitzing Spidey and putting his hand through his chest and crushing his heart.

FrothByte
Tobey was able to dodge a punch from the back and have enough time to eyeball the arm back and forth multiple times before the arm was retracted. Not quite as fast as Flash but fast enough to be comfortably in superspeed range.

Arachnid1
Spidey tags him easier than Ollie did, and it'll only take a solid punch or two to put him down. Spidey wins.

Which bothers the phuck out of me. In no universe would Spidey take a win against the Flash. The show needs to stop all his jobbing.

TheVaultDweller
Actually got around to watching the latest episode and, if they don't need to fight in character for this match, the intangibility thing might actually be an option.

At one point they consider Barry "speed extracting" a bomb out of Golden Glider's neck. Considering the bomb was under the skin, it'd mean he'd have to make his fingers go intangible to nab it. And they talked about it like it was a very genuine option, which strongly suggests that he has been working on intangibility, and it is something he could potentially do.

So if he could potentially do that, and we don't have to worry about Barry's in character morals, he could actually possibly pull it off. In character, I don't see him going for a move like that though.

FrothByte
I don't recall him doing that intangibility thing in the middle of combat though.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Spidey tags him easier than Ollie did,

Well if we're gonna lowball, Tobey Spidey got hit plenty of times, and multiple instances where his Spider Sense doesn't warn him. Plus he punched Doc Ock many times in the face and he took it.

That's IF we are to start going by low showings.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't recall him doing that intangibility thing in the middle of combat though.

And we are unlikely to do so, as phasing his hand through people's chests is OOC for Barry. They really should make more use of the power though. Loads of different ways intangibility can be used, not just for combat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.