Asajj Ventress: Legends vs. Canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
So I'm just starting CW and TCW, and also looking into the assorted side material, and I'm curious about this.

Which version of her is stronger and why?

ares834
Legends of course.

First, legends character are generally more powerful than their canon counterparts. Secondly, pretty much all of her canon material is part of Legends.

Pyron_Knight
I thought she was more prominent in TCW which is canon?

Unless you're referring to comics and stuff as well.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
I thought she was more prominent in TCW which is canon?

Unless you're referring to comics and stuff as well.

He means TCW counted as part of Legends.

Pyron_Knight
But TCW isn't part of Legends, it's official canon along with the movies. That's what Wookie and Wiki tell me anyway.

ares834
It is. But it's also part of the Legends "canon" just like the movies are.

Darth Thor
But TCW isn't part of Legends, it's official canon along with the movies. That's what Wookie and Wiki tell me anyway.

That's like saying the movies (Episodes 1-6) aren't part of Legends.

Legends acknowledges everything canon up until the end of TCW.

Pyron_Knight
I suppose that makes sense.

Although there are conflicts between the two. TCW retcons some stuff about Ventress, which is why I was splitting up the two.

I guess a better way to put it would be OCW Ventress and assorted comics/books vs. TCW Ventress and assorted comics/books.

Darth Thor
I suppose that makes sense.

Although there are conflicts between the two. TCW retcons some stuff about Ventress, which is why I was splitting up the two.

I guess a better way to put it would be OCW Ventress and assorted comics/books vs. TCW Ventress and assorted comics/books.

There's always been contradictions between Legends and Canon because Canon tends to ignore Legends. But Legends tried it's best to make them align no matter how much Canon would contradict it.

Pyron_Knight
So...how does OCW stack up to TCW?

Nephthys
OCW greatly outclasses the tepid shit in the GGI show.

carthage
In the EU she could challenge Mace Windu, defeat Kit Fisto, beat off multiple Jedi at once at Sora Bulq's estate, use Force stun on Kenobi and Sidious considered her a threat iirc.

In canon she's roughly equivalent to Savage Opress, and can fight on par with guys like Kenobi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.