Face off: Johnny Sorrow Vs Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpstfpvaoog.jpg

Which character's signature move (full face reveal/penance stare) supersedes the other? Who wins a staring contest?

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsldskfn3g.jpg

ShadowFyre
Not as knowledgeable on Johny Sorrow but Ghostriders stare has failed him twice against Symbiotes and depends on how " bad" his opponent is. Whit limits or stips does JS have?

Galan007
Johnny.

Zack M
Sorrow.

Cogito
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Whit limits or stips does JS have?

None known. Sorrow doesn't have many appearances, but it's never failed.

It was even effective against the wizard Shazam in the Rock of Eternity, turning him to stone. Everyone else it kills, though.

So it's definitely less effective against a skyfather-level being in his place of power, but still effective. You may draw whatever conclusions you want from that.

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Not as knowledgeable on Johny Sorrow but Ghostriders stare has failed him twice against Symbiotes and depends on how " bad" his opponent is. Whit limits or stips does JS have?
Dr. Mid Nite survived the stare somehow, due to his blindness, but thats all i recall.

Galan007
It also didn't 'kill' Captain Atom, per se--it just sent him hurling uncontrollably through time.

beatboks
Originally posted by Galan007
It also didn't 'kill' Captain Atom, per se--it just sent him hurling uncontrollably through time.
This in and of itself is interesting because that's what happens to cap when he absorbs to much energy (eg battle with Monarch). So can we assume that Sorrows gaze emmits a "death" energy

riv6672
Yeah, the Captain Atom reaction was a superb way to show off Sorrow's odd power.

ShadowFyre
Sounds like Sorrow has the better stare to me. What if he stared at Superman? Would Supes die?

Galan007
He would be incapacitated at the very least.

CortSether
What kind of a stupid name is Johnny Sorrow? Sounds like an emo kid trying to be edgy.

Galan007
Ikr? It's almost as bad as 'Shuma Gorath', lol.

Zack M
Shuma? Lol. Horrible.

CortSether
Fail some more, Galan. It makes sense for Lovecraft inspired horrors to have odd names because it's based on the R'lyehian language created by him. Whoever made the name Johnny Sorrow was clearly just trying too hard.

Zack M
Still horrible .

"Id"
Would Johnny Sorrows gaze work on Pre DCnU Lobo?

CortSether
Originally posted by Zack M
Still horrible .

Shuma-Gorath is probably the Earth equivalent of Shawn Gornall in R'lyehian. Pretty normal.

Zack M
Shuma isn't normal

CortSether
Originally posted by Zack M
Shuma isn't normal

It's more normal than some names parents give their kids, like Anferny and Shiquata.

Galan007
Originally posted by "Id"
Would Johnny Sorrows gaze work on Pre DCnU Lobo? It wouldn't kill him, but it would likely incapacitate him in the same manner as, say, Shazam.

riv6672
Yeah, same answer as for Superman, earlier.

Smurph
Originally posted by CortSether
Fail some more, Galan. It makes sense for Lovecraft inspired horrors to have odd names because it's based on the R'lyehian language created by him. Whoever made the name Johnny Sorrow was clearly just trying too hard. Lol, irony.

'Johnny Sorrow' was meant to sound like a classic Golden Age villain. In his origin story, he started as a classic JSA villain, who was accidentally shunted into a different dimension... where he was changed through meeting a Lovecraftian entity. Thus changed his powers into the horror mask thing that he rocks nowadays.

#themoreyouknow

CortSether
Originally posted by Smurph
Lol, irony.

'Johnny Sorrow' was meant to sound like a classic Golden Age villain. In his origin story, he started as a classic JSA villain, who was accidentally shunted into a different dimension... where he was changed through meeting a Lovecraftian entity. Thus changed his powers into the horror mask thing that he rocks nowadays.

#themoreyouknow

That still doesn't excuse the stupid name.

Smurph
Well, I mean, it sounds no stupider than "Dr. Strange" or "Dr. Doom" or "Nick Fury" - the name was meant to follow an obvious old school naming pattern. srug

riv6672
This Cort kid is a DC golden age style troll. Silly gimmick and all.

Galan007
Lol, irony.

#themoreyouknow #FromTheGrave

thumb up

CortSether
Originally posted by riv6672
This Cort kid is a DC golden age style troll. Silly gimmick and all.

I have a gimmick?

riv6672
Yeah, trolling.

CortSether
Yeah, trolling.

I've been here since 2009. I can't be a troll.

riv6672
Sure thing, kid.

CortSether
Sure thing, kid.

You think it looks good on you that you're 40 years old and hanging out on KMC?

Smurph
You think it looks good on you that you're 40 years old and hanging out on KMC? Lol, what age does look good on KMC?

When is KMC a mark of pride?

I guess Riv's not in with the KMC cool kids crowd.

Zack M
Well, I mean, it sounds no stupider than "Dr. Strange" or "Dr. Doom" or "Nick Fury" - the name was meant to follow an obvious old school naming pattern. srug

Or Shuma. wink

CortSether
Lol, what age does look good on KMC?

When is KMC a mark of pride?

It isn't, but I'm not the one who started with the ageism.

riv6672
I've been here since 2009. I can't be a troll.
I've been here since 2014. I cant be an ageist. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.