Wtf is with these Bankai lately?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Like Shunsui's? All damage inflicted upon him is inflicted on an opponent, and then both he and his opponent both die of drowning and illness? What happened to Bankai being the true form of a Zanpakuto?

Jmanghan
Don't read the manga, watched the show religiously though.

However, it's not too outlandish, it doesn't to be physical to be a true Bankai, all Ichigo's Bankai did was increase his physical stats, particularly speed.

Aizen's is pretty weird as well, hypnosis.

AuraAngel
Yamamoto can start a zombie apocalypse. With fire.

marwash22
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Don't read the manga, watched the show religiously though.

However, it's not too outlandish, it doesn't to be physical to be a true Bankai, all Ichigo's Bankai did was increase his physical stats, particularly speed. isn't it the case that the bankai we saw was a fraudulent one? He likely has a new one now.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Aizen's is pretty weird as well, hypnosis. we've never seen Aizen's bankai. Kubo likely hasn't even figured out how to make it more broken than his shikai is.

Jmanghan
What about Urahara's Bankai?

Yes, he does need one.

Kenpachi is the only captain ever to not have a Bankai, so yeah.

Q99
Yoruichi's is an unknown too.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Like Shunsui's? All damage inflicted upon him is inflicted on an opponent, and then both he and his opponent both die of drowning and illness? What happened to Bankai being the true form of a Zanpakuto?

I've noted in the last arc, powers by the strong people have gotten more metaphorical (like the brush power, or boss Quincy's power), and while old ones may be *based* on metaphor, it was more clear what they actually *do* in practical terms (like the first of Shunsui's sword games with the call-the-colors-you-hit was fun and interesting. The second one a lot less so, the bankai it's like, "Ok, so there's this game... and then stuff happens to you."wink.

Demonic Phoenix
His bankai isn't really creating a game. It's creating a theatre play.

Tzeentch
Kubo's running out of ideas.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
His bankai isn't really creating a game. It's creating a theatre play.

How does that connect to games though?

Demonic Phoenix
Not much. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out that the main ability of Shunsui's Zanpakutou is something other than manipulating games.

Even then, it's not the first time a Bankai has had little in common with Shikai. srug

AuraAngel
It was stupid when Soi-Fon did it too.

Demonic Phoenix
I know right.

Lille had broken-ass powers. Kubo had to give Shunsui broken-ass powers+.

wakkawakkawakka
So the complaint is that Kubo's "no you" style of fighting has now infected bankai abilities. I mean we've had it in the past. Let alone Kyoraku I still have no idea what Unohana's bankai is supposed to represent.

SSJGGogeta
I do agree that some of these bankai are a little weird. Unohana's especially. Basically all hers did was bring Kenpachi back to life a bunch of times.

But Shunsui's is actually sweet so far. It's basically a more broken version of his already broken shikai. It makes the "games" that his sword plays even MORE of a reality, by turning the entire surrounding area into a playground of sorts. It's more or less a high-tier(for Bleach at least) reality warping. Which seems to be limited simply by his swords mood, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.