Reverse Flash vs Sebastian Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Can Shaw absorb the kinetic energy in this fight, or could Wells kill him with a hand through the chest or head? Fight takes place in the streets of Central City

TheVaultDweller
If intangibility works (and I personally think it probably will, considering we have no proof Shaw can tank having a fist suddenly materialise in the space where his brain or heart used to be), then Reverse Flash absolutely stomps. At best this is a stalemate in anyways, as Shaw won't lay a finger on Thawne.

Placidity
cBnjdhu2wsg

Time-Immemorial
Hand into the brain, shaw dies.

juggerman
No one think Shaw would absorb all the energy? I mean RF vibrating much produce a shit ton of kinetic energy right?

KingD19
Yeah the amount of energy produced from vibrating at a frequency that high should amp Shawn pretty far, pretty fast.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by juggerman
No one think Shaw would absorb all the energy? I mean RF vibrating much produce a shit ton of kinetic energy right?

Finger through the brain. Dead.

Tattoos N Scars
As fast as RF moves. I'd assume he could vibrate his hand and remove organs at super speed. Shaw would be a statue, frozen similar to how he was when Magneto put a quarter through his brain.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
As fast as RF moves. I'd assume he could vibrate his hand and remove organs at super speed. Shaw would be a statue, frozen similar to how he was when Magneto put a quarter through his brain.

Yup

KingD19
There's no evidence his speed would negate Shaws powers. If anything Magneto had to push the coin really slow while Xavier held him in place.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
There's no evidence his speed would negate Shaws powers. If anything Magneto had to push the coin really slow while Xavier held him in place.

Nope

TheVaultDweller
Ok, even if we say for argument's sake that Shaw could absorb some of the energy from the vibrations (which is debatable IMO), it still won't actually stop Thawne's hand from going into his head. Being amped won't mean much when you have a fist in your brain. And again, even if that doesn't work, which it should, Shaw will never ever tag RF.

juggerman
Ok let me rephrase. Shaw's power is to absorb kinetic energy. So if he absorbed Thawn's vibrations, technically speaking, Thawn would not be able to phase since he would stop moving right?

Or does Shaw not stop momentum? I don't recall fully

TheVaultDweller
No, he would theoretically simply be sucking up the energy Thawne creates as a bi product from vibrating to the point of intangibility. So it would just do its normal thing of amping him up. If you hit him he will absord the energy but you won't suddenly freeze in place because of it.

KingD19
Flash has pointed out a few times iirc that he and Wells powers generate kinetic energy and use it. So if he saps the energy from hi., he shouldn't be fast enough to keep vibrating.

Like how bullets just fell after hitting him.

TheVaultDweller
Bullets have a finite amount of energy after being fired (a hell of a lot less than a speedster). The only way your plan would work is if Shaw literally managed to totally drain any power Thawne has in that split second he sticks his hand through his head, when we know that Thawne can vibrate himself for extended periods of time. Unless you are trying to claim that Shaw can actively suck the speed force from Thawne, in which case you have to prove he can, even though the speed force itself isn't directed at Shaw but at Thawne himself. The nuclear reactor didn't immediately shut down when Shaw started absorbing the energy it generated. It kept producing power which Shaw just kept sucking up. The energy is already generated, because of Thawne using his powers to vibrate himself, by the time Shaw absorbs it, so again, won't make a difference. Unless, like I said, you want to claim that Shaw can suck the speed force from Thawne, in which case you have to prove it.

juggerman
Ok. I was under the impression Shaw could stop movement for some reason. If he can't he stands no chance

TheVaultDweller
If he could, he would have been able to freeze people in place in the movie with nothing but a finger touch. His powers are simply absorbing various forms of energy directed at him, once it comes into contact with his body. He can then use this energy in various ways, like either projecting it, or using it to amp up his strength. The kinetic energy is already generated by Thawne, using the speed force to vibrate his atoms, by the time Shaw absorbs it, so it getting sucked up won't affect him directly. However, RF would eventually grow tired from the exertion. So, for example, if Reverse Flash stood in one spot and vibrated, but didn't go intangible, and Shaw stood there holding him while he did it, Shaw would get a massive amp over time, and RF would eventually exhaust himself, at which point Shaw would probably be strong enough to punch his head out of the vicinity. But RF literally only needs to keep enough juice to perform one head phase, and it is game over.

Placidity
Reverse Flash at his peak time travels back and kills Shaw's mother before he is born.

Cue Terminator soundtrack.

Adam Grimes
Reverse Flash vibrates his hand into Shaw's pancreas.

Surtur
I always thought that Xavier had somehow used telepathy to cause Shaw to stop using his absorption ability and that is why the coin worked.

Utrigita
I attributed it more to the fact that Shaw has to move in order to absorb the energy. The kinetic energy strikes him (bullets and explosions, energy) and then as his body moves, he absorbs it. You see his hands and head constant vibrating when tapping into the nuclear reactor.

I'm not all that familiar with Flash, but if Flash can move fast enough to make Shaw a statue, and deliver just a punch to his face, or ram a knife through his eye socket, that should imo work just fine.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Utrigita
I attributed it more to the fact that Shaw has to move in order to absorb the energy. The kinetic energy strikes him (bullets and explosions, energy) and then as his body moves, he absorbs it. You see his hands and head constant vibrating when tapping into the nuclear reactor.

I'm not all that familiar with Flash, but if Flash can move fast enough to make Shaw a statue, and deliver just a punch to his face, or ram a knife through his eye socket, that should imo work just fine.

Zoom is different then flash, he's much faster.

Surtur
I attributed it to the fact Shaw has to consciously activate his power and it doesn't happen automatically. Think: whenever he used his power to absorb something he had time to react and use his power.

Since otherwise even putting the coin through him really really slow would still provide some type of force to be absorbed.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Surtur
I attributed it to the fact Shaw has to consciously activate his power and it doesn't happen automatically. Think: whenever he used his power to absorb something he had time to react and use his power.

Since otherwise even putting the coin through him really really slow would still provide some type of force to be absorbed.

Not if he was completely locked down, as Xavier said "I can't hold him for long" you can write that off as either Shaw needed to be held in a motionless state or held in a state of brain inactivity, because it results in the same, a win for Zoom. OFT: What pleases me is that it Shaw isn't written off as unbeatable as was once the case.

Surtur
But him being motionless was never said to be the reason he was defeated. The entire plan was to get the helmet off Shaw so Xavier could get into his head. It wasn't "hold him still so he can't move". He absorbs energy. Motion wouldn't really come into it, it never does in the comic versions either. So the coin, even going slow, would still need to produce some energy in order to pierce his skull.

I think him being held motionless was a result of his mind being strong enough to actively fight against Xavier, so instead of controlling him fully he could merely hold him in place and keep him from using his powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.