Top 5 Best Handhelds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Put which 5 handheld's are your favorite.

I'll start.

From best to worst (Although none of them are bad).

1 - PSP

2 - Gameboy Advance

3 - Playstation Vita

4 - Nintendo DS

5 - Gameboy Color

Bentley
Honestly it's a difficult question, there are many things that make me like one hardware over the other even without touching the availability of certain games. My list would probably be:

1. Game Boy Advance.

2. Nintendo 3DS.

3. PSP.

4. Nintendo DS.

5. Neo Geo Pocket Color ('cause that how I roll)

Jesus McBurger
1. PSP
2. Ps Vita
3. Nintendo D.S.
4. Game boy advance
5. Game boy color

ares834
1. GB Advance
2. GB Color
3. DS
4. 3DS

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
1. GB Advance
2. GB Color
3. DS
4. 3DS Never owned a playstation handheld? Damn shame :/

ares834
Had a PSP but wasn't a fan.

Jmanghan
Had a PSP but wasn't a fan. What games did you have for it?

The only game that the NDS had over the PSP was Pokemon.

ares834
And SMB, and LoZ, and Mario Kart, etc...

Jmanghan
And SMB, and LoZ, and Mario Kart, etc... On ths DS? :/ Not the most quality titles.

The PSP just spat out good game after good game, it was a like a AAA-Title Machine Gun.

Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome time on my DS, but for every game I played on the DS, I played a game on the PSP that was better.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords, etc. Got beat out by games like FF: War of the Lions, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Super Mario Bros? Answer it with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Mario Kart on the DS were some of the worst Mario Kart's imo.

I do think (without even owning one) that the 3DS has the ultimate handheld games out of them all though.

However, everyone has their own opinion.

I just personally believe that the PSP was more comfortable, was more powerful, and had the better games.

Now, don't get me wrong 358/2 Days on the DS was good, but BBS on the PSP blew it out of the water. Better Combat, Better Music, Better Characters and even better cameos.

ares834
Well, suffice to say, I disagree with almost everything you said.

Jmanghan
Well, suffice to say, I disagree with almost everything you said. Did you play those games?

ares834
I beat Peace Walker. It was good just not Mario good. Tried KH and didn't enjoy it. Didn't even bother with the FF game as I'm not a big fan of those games.

Jmanghan
I beat Peace Walker. It was good just not Mario good. Tried KH and didn't enjoy it. Didn't even bother with the FF game as I'm not a big fan of those games. It's worth mentioning that Crisis Core may have the best ending in Video Game history.

It also had some awesome Star Wars games, the best port of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and 3 Battlefront games.

wakkawakkawakka
1. Gamboy Advance(SP)
2. Gameboy Color
3. PSP
4. Nintendo DS
5. Nintendo 3DS

StyleTime
Are we judging these systems relative to their own time period, or just ranking them in the current landscape? If it's the latter, things like backwards compatibility makes some of these systems obsolete (3DS vs DS).

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
Are we judging these systems relative to their own time period, or just ranking them in the current landscape? If it's the latter, things like backwards compatibility makes some of these systems obsolete (3DS vs DS). But it doesn't cover some of the best games.

Crash Bandicoot and a lot of PS1 games have yet to be on the Vita store.

Along with games such as Final Fantasy: VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 012 Dissidia Duodecim (It was on the store, but was removed for unknown reasons).

Plus Birth by Sleep hasn't made its way onto the Vita, nor has Phantasy Star Portable, some of the Dynasty Warrior games.

There are tons of fantastic PSP and PS1 games that may not ever see the light of day on the vita store.

Plus, if you are up to date on your PS Vita updates (no pun intended), ROM hacks are out of the question.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
But it doesn't cover some of the best games.

Crash Bandicoot and a lot of PS1 games have yet to be on the Vita store.

Along with games such as Final Fantasy: VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 012 Dissidia Duodecim (It was on the store, but was removed for unknown reasons).

Plus Birth by Sleep hasn't made its way onto the Vita, nor has Phantasy Star Portable, some of the Dynasty Warrior games.

There are tons of fantastic PSP and PS1 games that may not ever see the light of day on the vita store.

Plus, if you are up to date on your PS Vita updates (no pun intended), ROM hacks are out of the question. I'd like to mention that the PSP was backwards-compatible with many PS1 games.

Either way, PS Vita has Chrono Trigger, arguably the best RPG in existence, and Final Fantasy VI.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.