Whis vs Genie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Whis

vs

Disney Alladins Genie no cuffs, free.

Nemesis X
Whis goes back a minute in time and incapacitates Aladdin before the wish even happens.

SquallX
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Whis goes back a minute in time and incapacitates Aladdin before the wish even happens.

The fight is between The Genie, not Alladin wishing the Genie to fight Whis.

Genie snap his fingers and the fight ends.

Time-Immemorial
Are you sure he ends it that quick?

SquallX
Unless he decides to make Whis looses his mind instead.

If Genie wants, he could just break the 4th wall like he's done a few times and rewrote Dbz.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SquallX
The fight is between The Genie, not Alladin wishing the Genie to fight Whis.

Somebody didn't watch the ending of the movie.

NemeBro
Genie while free is a punk. Whis curbstomps.

SquallX
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Somebody didn't watch the ending of the movie.

No, i guess you didn't watch the ending.

In the ending of the first one, Genie left with the carpet to see the world. In the Direct to video sequels The Return of Jafar, Genie comes back and tells Aladdin he's not as powerful as he once was. Genie claimed that Genie who is bound to a master is far more powerful than a Genie who is free. That's why Genie had trouble with certain foes in the tv show.

Now fast forward to the 40 thieves, Genie claims he's regained all his powers, and he's as powerful just like before.

So please, tell me what Whis, or anyone in the DBZ verse can do that would even make the Genie break a sweat.

The Genie is a cosmic being that breaks the 4th wall on a regular basis, so please tell me again what Whis can do to even fight against that.

AuraAngel
This is a weird fight. Genie can't kill anyone(the closest he comes is turning people into bugs so they can be squashed) or really fight. Whis is stronger than a guy who threatened to destroy an entire universe and is the best fighter in the series at time of writing. Genie's ability to warp reality trumps any other magic in DB by a country mile but weirdly in DB sufficient ability can overcome even the limits of magical transformation(Vegeto as a jaw breaker).

Whis should win though because Genie is not a fighter and all you need to do to kill a Genie is break the lamp(not hard). Or be Sora, who is admittedly far above Whis.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AuraAngel
This is a weird fight. Genie can't kill anyone(the closest he comes is turning people into bugs so they can be squashed) or really fight. Whis is stronger than a guy who threatened to destroy an entire universe and is the best fighter in the series at time of writing. Genie's ability to warp reality trumps any other magic in DB by a country mile but weirdly in DB sufficient ability can overcome even the limits of magical transformation(Vegeto as a jaw breaker).

Whis should win though because Genie is not a fighter and all you need to do to kill a Genie is break the lamp(not hard). Or be Sora, who is admittedly far above Whis. LOL!!!! HOLY ****ING SHIT DUDE!!!

SquallX

Whis should win though because Genie is not a fighter and all you need to do to kill a Genie is break the lamp(not hard). Or be Sora, who is admittedly far above Whis.

Were are you getting this?

1st of all, Genie is bound by the 3 laws. He can't kill, can't make people fall in love, and can't resurrect the dead. Those 3 laws are only in effect when the Genie is bound to the Lamp.

Whis is not stronger than a guy that can break the 4th wall. Genie can turn into a giant that whirls the Earth on his fingers like a basketball. Turn himself into planets, and has only been seen to be hurt from other Genie like attacks.

Jafar after been turned into a Genie was creating planets by just moving his hands.

Again, Genie snaps his fingers and the whole DBZ is destroy.

Time-Immemorial
While I agree with some of that, Whis seems to operate on a different level then anyone else.

Ftl space travel, time reversal, fighting without thinking.

Clearly he is a god and possibly one of the strongest in DB Universe.

What can the Genie do if he reverses time?

AuraAngel
Were are you getting this?

1st of all, Genie is bound by the 3 laws. He can't kill, can't make people fall in love, and can't resurrect the dead. Those 3 laws are only in effect when the Genie is bound to the Lamp.

Whis is not stronger than a guy that can break the 4th wall. Genie can turn into a giant that whirls the Earth on his fingers like a basketball. Turn himself into planets, and has only been seen to be hurt from other Genie like attacks.

Jafar after been turned into a Genie was creating planets by just moving his hands.

Again, Genie snaps his fingers and the whole DBZ is destroy.

That is an assumption on your part lol. Genie has never been shown doing any of those three things after his freedom. Moreover, even if he could kill someone it is not in Genie's nature to do so. Whis doesn't really seem to care either way.

Oh shit! The 4th Wall!? No one in Dragon Ball can do that!!!! Unless you're suggesting Whis is also weaker than that character, which is an interesting argument.

Every feat you're suggest pales in comparison to the destruction of the universe, which is what two people significantly weaker than Whis were about to do. Even lowballing the universe size it is still way more impressive than anything Genie has.

Keep in mind that if Genie were as powerful as you claim, there wouldn't be a plot. Sa'Luk's betrayal means nothing because Genie could, with a snap of his finger, resolve the entire plot. He's never done anything remotely universal and even if he had the power to destroy a universe, he wouldn't because Genie doesn't use his powers effectively.

SquallX
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
While I agree with some of that, Whis seems to operate on a different level then anyone else.

Ftl space travel, time reversal, fighting without thinking.

Clearly he is a god and possibly one of the strongest in DB Universe.

What can the Genie do if he reverses time?

Like i've been saying, break the 4th wall.

Just because 1 character is call a God in verse, doesn't really mean shit. If were just trowing out titles, Genie would also be consider a God, and far more powerful than Whis.

Whis has nothing to go for him when it comes to fighting a toon force character.

Time-Immemorial
Like i've been saying, break the 4th wall.

Just because 1 character is call a God in verse, doesn't really mean shit. If were just trowing out titles, Genie would also be consider a God, and far more powerful than Whis.

Whis has nothing to go for him when it comes to fighting a toon force character.

Why are you getting defensive? We are having a discussion.

SquallX
That is an assumption on your part lol. Genie has never been shown doing any of those three things after his freedom. Moreover, even if he could kill someone it is not in Genie's nature to do so. Whis doesn't really seem to care either way.

Oh shit! The 4th Wall!? No one in Dragon Ball can do that!!!! Unless you're suggesting Whis is also weaker than that character, which is an interesting argument.

Every feat you're suggest pales in comparison to the destruction of the universe, which is what two people significantly weaker than Whis were about to do. Even lowballing the universe size it is still way more impressive than anything Genie has.

Keep in mind that if Genie were as powerful as you claim, there wouldn't be a plot. Sa'Luk's betrayal means nothing because Genie could, with a snap of his finger, resolve the entire plot. He's never done anything remotely universal and even if he had the power to destroy a universe, he wouldn't because Genie doesn't use his powers effectively.

Actually no, there not just assumptions. Jafar after turning into a Genie by Genie returned in the second movie. He almost killed Aladdin by squeezing the life out of him, the only reason he didn't succeed was because the Genie turned into Aladdin. That scene shows Jafar not to be ruled by those 3 laws. This is a vs fight. It's like me making a Dr King vs Gandhi death battle and claims there not gonna fight to the dead because they were pacifist in life.

Yes, breaking the 4th wall is a powerful ability. Especially if it's one of the characters to go abilities. You can be a universe destroyer for all i care, if i can break the wall, and uses anyway i want, am more powerful than you. Again, Genie is a toon force character that rips up his own head like i t was nothing.

Again, you have a serious character vs a toon force. You can destroy all the Universes you want, but if that character is protected by the power of toon force, he'll always wins. That's why character like Bug Bunny aren't put into Vs fights, we already no the ending.

You're last sentence makes no sense, because Genie doesn't go around snapping his fingers and makes everything better means he can't use his powers effectively now?

SquallX
Why are you getting defensive? We are having a discussion.

Am not been defensive, but this shit happens anytime there's a dbz thread. No matter how powerful the characters are, somehow they always lose because there against DBZ.

I can make a thread with Whis against a powerful Comic character, i can guarantee you, DBZ fans will claim he loses because.

If you think am lying, just say it and ill make the thread, and you'll see am right.

Time-Immemorial
Am not been defensive, but this shit happens anytime there's a dbz thread. No matter how powerful the characters are, somehow they always lose because there against DBZ.

I can make a thread with Whis against a powerful Comic character, i can guarantee you, DBZ fans will claim he loses because.

If you think am lying, just say it and ill make the thread, and you'll see am right.

I agree with you on that, but I'm willing to have a rational discussion. Angel also brought up some good points.

SquallX
I agree with you on that, but I'm willing to have a rational discussion. Angel also brought up some good points.

Didn't think i was coming off so strong, so my bad.

Angel's hasn't make any real defense though. 1 is a serious character, while the other is a toon force. In fiction, toon force always wins, unless there put up against a true Omnipotent being.

Time-Immemorial
Didn't think i was coming off so strong, so my bad.

Angel's hasn't make any real defense though. 1 is a serious character, while the other is a toon force. In fiction, toon force always wins, unless there put up against a true Omnipotent being.

Leaving the toon force out, which is almost a no limits fallacy in itself in my opinion. Sometimes I think the toon force equals auto win. I've heard people say that the mask could take down Manhatten just because of toon force.

So without toon force, How do you think he fairs?

Also what do you consider genies biggest UN cuffed feat?

AuraAngel
Actually no, there not just assumptions. Jafar after turning into a Genie by Genie returned in the second movie. He almost killed Aladdin by squeezing the life out of him, the only reason he didn't succeed was because the Genie turned into Aladdin. That scene shows Jafar not to be ruled by those 3 laws. This is a vs fight. It's like me making a Dr King vs Gandhi death battle and claims there not gonna fight to the dead because they were pacifist in life.

Yes, breaking the 4th wall is a powerful ability. Especially if it's one of the characters to go abilities. You can be a universe destroyer for all i care, if i can break the wall, and uses anyway i want, am more powerful than you. Again, Genie is a toon force character that rips up his own head like i t was nothing.

Again, you have a serious character vs a toon force. You can destroy all the Universes you want, but if that character is protected by the power of toon force, he'll always wins. That's why character like Bug Bunny aren't put into Vs fights, we already no the ending.

You're last sentence makes no sense, because Genie doesn't go around snapping his fingers and makes everything better means he can't use his powers effectively now?

Almost killing still means no killing because you'd be surprised what you can live through. Why do you think Jafar bothered with trying to drop Aladdin in lava or getting him executed? There is nothing that seems to hold back Jafar from killing anyone in the movie unless the laws are in play. Genie isn't strong enough to stop him and, if he could wink the universe out of existence and react to someone like Whis, then nothing should stand a chance. Instead Jafar fails to kill a parrot and fails to catch a lamp falling from a high spot(Whis would be moving a little bit faster).

Jafar has all the power Genie has and he lost to a parrot. Also you're implying serious always loses to cartoony. Jafar, a serious villain, is unquestionably stronger than Genie. Yet you're saying the Beyonder could go to Agrabah and lose to Genie 10/10 cause he isn't wacky enough lol.

And yes because Genie does not use his powers to immediately solve problems he is indeed an idiot. Case in point when Cassim shows up at Aladdin's wedding, how does Genie react? Does he poof a cage around him? Nope. He transforms into a swat team and says "don't move or we'll be shooting each other". Island sinking? Does he teleport them home? Nah. He turns into a steam boat. Genie is not a very smart guy.

In fiction, toon force always wins, unless there put up against a true Omnipotent being.

This is a baseless statement that I can prove wrong with little effort. It is your opinion, nothing more. I know of a fictional story where a cartoon got shot in the face and died lol.

Also quit whining that this is about DBZ. My arguments would hold true to Superman or any sufficiently powerful comic characters. Superman could not beat Genie using your logic. No one could.

SquallX
Leaving the toon force out, which is almost a no limits fallacy in itself in my opinion. Sometimes I think the toon force equals auto win. I've heard people say that the mask could take down Manhatten just because of toon force.

So without toon force, How do you think he fairs?

Also what do you consider genies biggest UN cuffed feat?

Yes, the mask can take on Manhattan. He's fought with just being a head before.

Toon Force can't be seen as a no limit since that's there power source. I would agree with you if Genie was a serious character that uses toon force once or twice, but that's not the case. Genie 1st and foremost is a toon force character that hardly ever takes anything seriously.

Without ton force, Genie has no powers. So, i can't really make an argument for him.

Genie cuffed is as powerful as an uncuffed Genie in the third movie. Yes, in the second movie Genie told Aladdin he was weakened, that's why he was unable to beat Jafar. Same thing with the Tv series, but in the third movie that takes places after the tv show, Genie went back to his full power.

Time-Immemorial
I never saw the third movie, I didn't even know there was one, I will watch it and get back to you. What is the name of it?

Also why does the toon force apply to the mask and genie, but not to Aladdin?

SquallX
I never saw the third movie, I didn't even know there was one, I will watch it and get back to you. What is the name of it?

Also why does the toon force apply to the mask and genie, but not to Aladdin?

It's called Aladdin and the King of Thieves.

Because there able to do things outside of the norm. Ripping there heads off, breaking the 4th wall, and not dying no matter what you do to them.

Aladdin is exempt from this because Aladdin can still die. Now that doesn't mean Aladdin is not protected, far from it. He still have the protection of being the main character, while character like the Genie are immune to almost anything baring an omnipotent being.

It's why Daffy Duck can be hit with an Acme and walk away like it was nothing.

Time-Immemorial
Didn't humans invent an acid that kills toons in who killed roger rabbit?

You think that would kill the Genie?

SquallX
Didn't humans invent an acid that kills toons in who killed roger rabbit?

You think that would kill the Genie?

I don't think we can take Roger Rabbit canon and make it canon to all toon characters though.

If we put Genie in that verse, then yes it might kill him. But outside of Roger Rabbit verse, i see the acid as useless.

AuraAngel
Acid that kills all things toonforced fails to kill Genie because toon force.

juggerman
Food for thought:

Genie says in the first film that he can't bring people back from the dead but right after he says he "doesn't like doing it". That may mean that his rules(or at the very least THAT rule) are self imposed and that he can indeed do these things but refuses to. Just saying.

AuraAngel
That rule might be but Genie's being unable to kill people is universal. That's why Iago is still alive by the end of the second flick even though Jafar outright tried to kill him.

juggerman
You're probably right. I was pointing it out because it is interesting and can be debated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.