Ventress vs. Mara Jade vs. Aryn Leneer vs. Darth Nox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Lightsabers only

Duel takes place on neutral ground

SunRazer
Probably Mara.

Angelalex242
Mara.

JKBart
Lightsabers only? Ventress decisively.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Mara.

Batmans?

stick out tongue

S_W_LeGenD
Aryn Leener most likely.

EmperorSidious2
Mara

Deronn_solo
Mara

Nephthys
I'm gonna say Nox.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm gonna say Nox.

http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/03/07/000/n/1922283/b02953202e56f57a_TP4tg1D-1.gif.xxxlarge/i/Jon-Hamm-GIFs.gif

AncientPower
Goes down to Mara vs Leneer, can someone remind me of Mara's greatest speed feat, because Leneer's is pretty insane.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/03/07/000/n/1922283/b02953202e56f57a_TP4tg1D-1.gif.xxxlarge/i/Jon-Hamm-GIFs.gif

Nox is just as skilled with a saber as with the force, beat Khem Val as an acolyte when he was still strong enough to punch through solid rock, matched or exceeded Ulic's feat of holding off Sylvar without the Force by defeating a Sith Lord in a similar condition. Nox is a beastly duelist, who should get more respect than she does.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nox also defeated a Sith Lord touted as the finest swordsman of the era.

AncientPower
I agree on almost everything, except for comparing Paladius to an enraged Sylvar. I mean seriously? She'd slaughter Paladius.

Nephthys
True, but Nox also beat Paladius whereas all Ulic did was survive while running away.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nox also defeated a Sith Lord touted as the finest swordsman of the era.
I was unaware Nox defeated the Wrath. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif

AncientPower
You forgot to mention how Ulic wasn't trying to win. The whole time he'd been splitting his focus between defending against Sylvar and convincing her to let go of her anger. Also Ulic had just days before survived a fall that was like a 100+ foot drop as well. That isn't even taking into account how Ulic hadn't dueled in 13 years.

Another difference that is important to note, is that Ulic being permanently severed from the Force for 13 years is in no way the same thing as having your Force powers blocked by sorcery temporarily.

Wank Nox by all means but comparing Paladius to Sylvar is way too far.

ILS
All Ulic was trying to do was fight defensively. I'm not sure if he was necessarily incapable of doing more than that, or if he just chose not to. Djem So relies on swift counterattacks so I'd think Ulic maintaining such a sturdy defence without issue supports the idea he could have mounted a counterattack if he wanted to, given it's one of the core philosophies of his form that he was neglecting to use.

Also, for the record: in Nox's feat, was he completely and utterly blinded to the Force, and the equivalent of ten years past his physical prime?

FreshestSlice
No, Nox's connection was stated to be weakening. They weren't actually cut off from the Force at that point. That's not as fun to wank though.

Nephthys

AncientPower
Instead of giving us a pointless back and forth, just drop the comparison in the first place.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No, Nox's connection was stated to be weakening. They weren't actually cut off from the Force at that point. That's not as fun to wank though.

She was weakened to the point where she couldn't summon mere sparks or offer the slightest resistance to Paladius' push and she was losing her connection more and more as time went on.

Originally posted by AncientPower
Instead of giving us a pointless back and forth, just drop the comparison in the first place.

It's comparable. So no.

FreshestSlice
Which would be great if he didn't bring up your power as being the reason he lost.

Nephthys
No, he says strength.

FreshestSlice
The fact that you think he's taking about physical strength is kind of retarded, tbh. Especially since the Mission Codex, which is apparently is a source here, says he only drained "some of your Force Energy." It's not comparable at all. Time to move on, Neph.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by AncientPower
Goes down to Mara vs Leneer, can someone remind me of Mara's greatest speed feat, because Leneer's is pretty insane.

Not sure if it's been reconned like most of DF but Mara stalemated with Kyle in Mysteries of the Sith, a guy who moved faster than trained Jedi Yun, apparently mastered force speed(according to prima guide who spoke with the development team), he reacts in a tenth of a second, and that's about it for this version of Mara.

Her feats, the ones I can think of, include blurring her blade while sick, fighting a Vong evenly (he has a quote where he moves faster than thought iirc) despite said vong having every advantage.

Lol also her fight with Caedus.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The fact that you think he's taking about physical strength is kind of retarded, tbh. Especially since the Mission Codex, which is apparently is a source here, says he only drained "some of your Force Energy." It's not comparable at all. Time to move on, Neph.

Nnnno, I think he's talking about combat strength. And as I said, the game shows you that Nox's force power was almost non-existent even before the duel starts.

Stealth Moose
Nox is just as skilled with a saber as with the force, beat Khem Val as an acolyte when he was still strong enough to punch through solid rock, matched or exceeded Ulic's feat of holding off Sylvar without the Force by defeating a Sith Lord in a similar condition. Nox is a beastly duelist, who should get more respect than she does.

I'm rusty on my Mara Jade lore, but of this list, Nox does stand out. Moreso if you consider endgame Nox who has a supreme connection to the Force, several spirits augmenting her powers, and we all know that dueling is in itself affected by Force powers. Which is why Yoda can trap Sidious' saber and knock him about like a sock puppet.

DarthAnt66
Fighting Jedi without the Force to augment you isn't impressive when we have entire wars with people doing it. erm

FreshestSlice
Nnnno, I think he's talking about combat strength. And as I said, the game shows you that Nox's force power was almost non-existent even before the duel starts.
Now that Neph has established that his opinion is more important than what is actually said, I think we should all concede.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.