Who Should Be the 5 dbz tournament warriors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheBadguy
Vegeta
Goku
Videl's Sperm Donor

It gets iffy after that. I'd like to see 18 or 17 in there and I'd mark out if Toriyama put Freeza on the team which he logically should be.

NewGuy01
Vegeta, Goku, and Gohan are definites; the other two? Maybe Majin Buu and Mr. Satan. It could also be Goten and Trunks though,

carver9
We know it's going to be Vegeta and Goku. I think they are going to introduce some new warriors for the missing 3.

AuraAngel
Freeza is both dead and evil. Not a good teammate.

Gotenks and Satan are the best bet honestly. I'd prefer Piccolo and Krillin but that simply isn't happening.

bbrem123
Originally posted by carver9
We know it's going to be Vegeta and Goku. I think they are going to introduce some new warriors for the missing 3. I agree with this. The rest the Z-fighters are just fodder now. Which is sad.

Damborgson
What are you guys talking about?

carver9
Beerus and Champa announced that they want to pit their universe best warriors against each other. Beerus finds 5 great warriors from his Universe and Champa finds 5 from his universe. If Champa wins, he gets Earth (his Earth in his universe is in ruins). I forgot what Beerus gets if his 5 wins.

carver9
I wonder if Whis will keep those weighted clothing on Goku and Vegeta.

Damborgson
That sounds awesome! I like the tournament style arcs.

marwash22
do i need to watch that movie before starting DB Super?

juggerman
So like DBM?

TheBadguy
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Freeza is both dead and evil. Not a good teammate.

Gotenks and Satan are the best bet honestly. I'd prefer Piccolo and Krillin but that simply isn't happening.

He's not dead in the anime, his arc hasn't even started yet. Even if ve was im sure beerus or whis could get him a work release like Goku got for the buu saga tourney. With earth on the line it's really irrelevant if he's a good teammate or not they need the strongest people and he's right there with goku and vegeta if not slightly stronger.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by TheBadguy
He's not dead in the anime, his arc hasn't even started yet. Even if ve was im sure beerus or whis could get him a work release like Goku got for the buu saga tourney. With earth on the line it's really irrelevant if he's a good teammate or not they need the strongest people and he's right there with goku and vegeta if not slightly stronger.

He's very much dead in the manga, which is where the picking of tournament players come in. Goku got a day on Earth for being a good guy. Freeza not so much. There is absolutely no reason why Freeza would want to help them unless they are so desperate they permanently bring him back to life. Even then I doubt they would trust him or want his help.

TheBadguy
Youre missing the point. Its not about what any of the mortals want. Freeza will do what Beerus tells him to do and Beerus very much wants to keep earth. logically the best way to do that would be using the most powerful mortals which would include freeza. nobody who could object is above beerus so if he wanted it to happen it would happen. from a viewer perspective putting him on the team would open up the most scenarios and shake up dragonball in ways we havent seen before. a lot better than just putting a team of sayains together.

AuraAngel
Why will Freeza do what Beerus tells him to do? Freeza is dead. While it is true that Beerus can technically make him more dead, Freeza doesn't know that and if he did he might prefer it to Hell. If keeping Earth is so important to Beerus, why would he bring back a guy who blew it up and would gladly do so again?

Keep in mind Beerus has no reason to think Champa's universe has people capable of standing up to Goku. The best fighters in the 7th Universe are all on Earth while Champa's Earth is a wasteland.

SSJGGogeta
Frieza's dead, right? I haven't kept up with the anime recently, but the manga made a point of noting that Frieza was gone.

Anyway, I think the five should obviously be Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Gotenks, and Buu. Really, Goku and Vegeta should be the only real contenders though. It'll be awesome to see Gotenks get some action again though, outside of just getting spanked like the child he is, instead of the universe tier SSJ3 seven and a half year old, that he ALSO is, lmao.

And if Gohan started training again? Fangasm. Sorry, but I can't contain myself at the thought of a cannon SSJ3 Gohan, or even SSJB Gohan.

I also like the name Whiss picked for SSJGSSJ. And I LOVED the joke, where Goku bit his tongue from saying it too many times fast. These new manga chapters are pretty great, imo.

AuraAngel
Buu is clearly the 5th strongest of the Earthlings but he's very very unreliable at times. Won't fight Freeza cause he's napping.

NewGuy01
I'm almost positive Satan will be chosen.

bbrem123
I not to sure he will. Beerus is picking the fighters. He knows that Satan is a wuss. I don't know how he would ever be picked.

NewGuy01
Inb4 Yamcha gets picked because he told Beerus that he's Earth's strongest warrior.

bbrem123
We can only hope Beerus is not a complete idiot lol

TheBadguy
Freeza isnt dumb enough to blatantly defy beerus. at least not at first, which is even more tension and story possibilities if he's put on the team. and from what I recall the manga doesnt actually say he's dead, whis referenced him being defeated but not that he was killed. if toriyama is smart he'll have someone interfere before he's killed and put him on the team.

TheBadguy
I'd take 18 or 17 gladly too. Piccolo might get a powerup since they referenced some namekian book of secrets so he might show up on the team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.