NBA All-Injury What If Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Post your all-injured/dead dream team that could've potentially been one of the greatest tandems of all time.

90's-00's era:

PG: Penny Hardaway
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Grant Hill
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Yao Ming
6th Man: Brandon Roy
Bench: Greg Oden, Gilbert Arenas, Ralph Sampson, Shaun Livingston, Larry Johnson, Ben Wilson (he was murdered but y'know I gotta put him in this list for his potential), Andrew Bynum

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Post your all-injured/dead dream team that could've potentially been one of the greatest tandems of all time.

90's-00's era:

PG: Penny Hardaway
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Grant Hill
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Yao Ming
6th Man: Brandon Roy
Bench: Greg Oden, Gilbert Arenas, Ralph Sampson, Shaun Livingston, Larry Johnson, Ben Wilson (he was murdered but y'know I gotta put him in this list for his potential), Andrew Bynum

1) Penny- All time great. TOP 50 and considered a top 10 great if not for injury. He was the perfect amalgamation of Jordan and Magic in his prime.

2)T-Mac- He damaged himself through laziness and arrogance more than injury. He would probably have had 5 more prime seasons and with his stats that would easily make him a HOF player.

3) Hill- Pippen said it best "One day he'll be better than me". If he would've gotten Phoenix level medical care instead of the trash Orlando treatment he is TOP 50.

4)Stat- The Knicks run showed what could've been. Stoudamire in his prime was a freak of nature. HOF and one of the best forwards of all time.

5) Ming- I think Yao would've been above servicable and better than good but no more.

6) Roy- Roy was on the verge of superstardom when he got hurt. Portland might have a ring if he didn't get injured. Clearly a HOF at the very least.

7)LJ- One of my favorites! LJ in a MSG special talked about the pain he played with after his back injury in Charlotte and yet he still was a great forward. HOF and TOP 50 without injury. The discipline he showed to remain in the league after the injury is a testament to this ranking.

8) Arenas- If stupidity and arrogance equate to injury then Arenas qualifies for this list. When they speak of wasted talent few fit the term better than Arenas. This guy went from dueling with Lebron in 2 classic series against The Cavaliers to being out of the league. Arenas is a HOF if not for his character.

9) Ben Wilson- I'd never heard of him before the Grantland 30 for 30 special. Watching that documentary was heartwrenching as they talked about what could've been. He appeared to be the manchild prototype several years before Kemp.

10) Bynum- Bynum by all accounts is a 2 time NBA champion by using 50% of his potential. It seems that his character is the issue more than injury. Bynum could start today in the NBA if he wanted. If the Lakers were smart they would bring him back. A HOF if he pulls it together given his youth.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'd like to give special mention to Pistol Pete Maravich. He was probably the best 3pt shooter in the game if the 3pt shot was instituted earlier in his career. He averaged 66% in the 3pt line, with broken knees and half a season of playing time.

MF DELPH
I'd add Arvydas Sarbonis simply because his prime was spent overseas and by the time he arrived in Portland, at 31, he was a shell of his former self, but still one of the premier big men in the NBA after playing for 15 years in Europe. If he'd joined the NBA in the mid 80s and been on those Clyde Drexler led NBA Finals Blazers squads history might be a bit different in Portland.

TheHulk
The amount of people that look at T-Mac and Penny and be like ''if only...'' laughing out loud

dynamix
agree with the lists above. i would also like to add Vince Carter.

AsbestosFlaygon
It's crazy to think that 3 of these players (Penny, Tracy, and Grant) could've played together...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'd like to give special mention to Pistol Pete Maravich. He was probably the best 3pt shooter in the game if the 3pt shot was instituted earlier in his career. He averaged 66% in the 3pt line, with broken knees and half a season of playing time.

Yeah...on 0.3 attempts. Impressive, but I'm still taking someone like, say, Klay Thompson or Steph Curry, as far as working the 3pt line is concerned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.