PSP vs Nintendo DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
A debate thread to argue on which is better, the games, portability, functionality and such.

StyleTime
Not to spoil things with a generic response, but I think it's a preference thing mostly. I owned a PSP originally, but I sold it for a DS Lite later on. I ultimately just enjoyed the DS game library more, even the mediocre stuff like Trace Memory and Super Princess Peach.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
Not to spoil things with a generic response, but I think it's a preference thing mostly. I owned a PSP originally, but I sold it for a DS Lite later on. I ultimately just enjoyed the DS game library more, even the mediocre stuff like Trace Memory and Super Princess Peach. The over-abundance of movie-licensed games turned me off to it.

It did have an excellent movie-licensed game though (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian).

The PSP having quality titles and not a REALLY REAL bad game in sight drew me to it more.

In all honesty "New Super Mario Bros" was not the next-gen Mario game I wanted, it was actually pretty lackluster and not fun, IMHO.

The PSP tackled any genre of game, and could set a bar while they were at it.

Fighting Games, Open-World games, Shooters.

You name it, they had it, and it was all pretty awesome.

On top of that, none of them were ports, they were all console exclusives.

The ONLY good games on the DS were first-party titles. While the PSP had massive quality third-party support, on top of being nearly as powerful as a PS2, while the NDS had nearly worse graphics then the N64, they certainly weren't GameCube level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.