Force Users that can bring people back from the dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I'm not talking Force Ghost, or zombies.

I'm talking like "Oh, he's dead? Not anymore".

Is it possible and are there Force Users who have done it?

DarthAnt66
Prime Skywalker, Bedlam Spirits, the Ones, Plagueis, the Dread Masters, and probably Vitiate.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Prime Skywalker, Bedlam Spirits, the Ones, Plagueis, the Dread Masters, and probably Vitiate. Why didn't Skywalker bring back Obi-Wan or Yoda, then?

I'm sure Ol' Ben had a few more good years left in him.

DarthAnt66
*Prime Anakin Skywalker, sorry for not clarifying.

And well they sort of need their body to do it, kek.

Jmanghan
*Prime Anakin Skywalker, sorry for not clarifying.

And well they sort of need their body to do it, kek. You also should've put "Peak", instead of Prime.

DarthAnt66
OK? erm

Jmanghan
OK? erm Because "Prime" is more age-related as opposed to Power-related, sorry if that came off as rude, just pointing that out.

Pyron_Knight
Cade and Krayt.

DarthAnt66
Ah shit totally forgot about them, kek thumb up

ILS
Ventress smokin'

|King Joker|
ohshit

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ILS
Ventress smokin' Ew.

NewGuy01
None of them.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Bedlam Spirits
2. The Ones
3. Darth Plagueis
4. The Dread Masters
5. Vitiate
6. Darth Krayt (possibly)

There might be others since this feat is possible through Sith Sorcery.

FreshestSlice
Some examples would be nice, because besides Krayt, I can't think of any for anyone on your list.

Deronn_solo
I have my doubts that the Bedlum Spirits are even Force users.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Some examples would be nice, because besides Krayt, I can't think of any for anyone on your list. The Bedlam Spirits are the most powerful beings so far in the SW Mythos. They can do crazy shit like manipulate time and space, resurrecting people should be some of their lowest capabilities.

FreshestSlice
I like how that had absolute shit to do with what I said.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
1. Bedlam Spirits

They're not Force Users.

This is the only possible case I can think of.

He can bring others from the brink of death, but he can't actually bring back those who are completely dead.

Re-animation and bringing a person back to life aren't exactly the same.

Heh, not yet.

Same case as Plagueis.

Pyron_Knight
I thought Krayt learned the power?

At any rate, Cade definitely can.

Beniboybling
Pretty sure Krayt states he can repair his deceased body after Cade kills him.

Which is why Cade throws his body into a star.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Same case as Plagueis.

No, Krayt brought himself back from being dead. Stabbed through the neck, and fried until death, and even those close to him could sense he had no life.

And then of course...

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Pretty sure Krayt states he can repair his deceased body after Cade kills him.

Which is why Cade throws his body into a star.

Yep. And that was after a stab through the heart, and once again those connected to him in the force sensed his death.

Obviously, Krayt's technique still needs a body, but it goes much beyond Plagueis's.

DarthAnt66
Bedlam resurrected Leia. I concede they aren't Force Users though.

ares834
According to Krayt, when he actually explains how he came back, he didn't actually die. Rather he hid his life force deep within himself.

Q99
Originally posted by ares834
According to Krayt, when he actually explains how he came back, he didn't actually die. Rather he hid his life force deep within himself.

The way it basically works, as far as I can tell, is it uses 'essence transfer' to have his spirit cling on to his body like it would an object (such as Andeddu and his holocron), and then use Dark Transfer to repair it.

Because the body certainly had fatal injuries. Like, ridiculously fatal.

And there's the second death. Stabbed through the heart and Cade was like, "Whelp, this is only temporary, gotta throw him into the sun!".

Clearly, a level beyond Plagueis' technique.

NewGuy01
If Krayt's essence is sticking around in his body, he's not dead. And until he can pull other people's departed spirits back to their bodies before healing them, he can't revive other people from the dead either.

His situation is exactly the same as Plagueis'.

ares834

Fated Xtasy
Um... Kreia lol

She brought Tobin and Hanharr back.

FreshestSlice
Neither were exactly dead just yet.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Neither were exactly dead just yet.

Quote for that?

Cuz I remember The storm beast one shotting sith troops.

And Hanharr was killed. Hence The Cathulu sending the Kath's Mira's way.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Q99
If Krayt's essence is sticking around in his body, he's not dead. And until he can pull other people's departed spirits back to their bodies before healing them, he can't revive other people from the dead either.

His situation is exactly the same as Plagueis'.

Eh, Plagueis could not do so with near the level of damage Krayt can.

Krayt's essence sticks around, but the body is biological dead and he doesn't even detect as alive in the force. It sticks around as it would to an object.

Cade could feel him trying to come back.

FreshestSlice
Using gameplay mechanics, doesn't exactly help. A person being knocked out and killed in KotOR/II looks exactly the same. More importantly, nothing actually establishes that they were dead. Also, while Dark Healing is definitely stated to be in Kreia's repertoire of abilities in the Campaign guide, raising the dead isn't.

JKBart
Inquisitor Bart smile smile smile

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Quote for that?

Cuz I remember The storm beast one shotting sith troops.

And Hanharr was killed. Hence The Cathulu sending the Kath's Mira's way.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

For Tobin

"Ah the wound is not a mortal one. There is a shred of life within you, a gift from your Master no doubt. Awaken colonel Tobin."

For Hanharr

"Awaken Beast."

"What, what have you done?"

"I have saved your life."

"Why did you do this? Why did you not let me die?"

In fact, if you look close at the scene, you can see Hanharr moving his head before Kreia comes along.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
Cade could feel him trying to come back.

Or so he thought. The comic suggests it could all be Cade's imagination. Not only that but we don't know if Krayt is actually dead there or if he is just kinda dead.

Ultimately, the only explanation for Krayt's so called resurrection makes it seem that he was never truly dead in the first place.

S_W_LeGenD
They're not Force Users.
They cannot use the Force?

This is the only possible case I can think of.
They resurrected Ahsoka Tano. However, she did not die long ago and was in good shape.

He can bring others from the brink of death, but he can't actually bring back those who are completely dead.
Didn't he resurrect Darth Venamis for a moment?

I acknowledge his limitations in these matters nonetheless.

Re-animation and bringing a person back to life aren't exactly the same.
?

Heh, not yet.
He can do everything that the Dread Masters are capable of and more.

Same case as Plagueis.
He could revive himself even after suffering fatal injuries and corporeal death or so it is claimed.

---

B/W I forgot to mention Darth Sion. He could not resurrect others but he resurrected himself.

---

Now, I am not asserting that it is possible to resurrect a dead being after it had been reduced to bones. Resurrection is possible for a certain period of time.

Bedlam spirits are the exception to the norm though. They can do shit that only a true God is capable of. They are unparalleled in the lore or so it seems.

DarthAnt66
Nah. Also, Sion never resurrected himself. He merely stopped himself from dying in the first place, IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.