Obi-Wan Kenobi's Soresu vs Everyone Else's Soresu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Is there anyone in the mythos that has better Soresu then Kenobi's?

Nephthys
Yes.

Trocity
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes.

carthage
Not Zannah's lmfao

DarthAnt66
Possibly Palpatine / Yoda, but other than that, nah.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Possibly Palpatine / Yoda, but other than that, nah. Yoda's should be better, Palpatine though...

Yoda is a better duelist then Palpatine IMO.

Trocity
Luke

cs_zoltan
lol @ Yoda when they flat out say that Kenobi is the best Soresu user of the time.

ILS
Luminara, Gnost-Dural, Galen Marek, Grievous, Proxy and Bossk

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
lol @ Yoda when they flat out say that Kenobi is the best Soresu user of the time.
Flat out as in Mace Windu? Stop embarrassing yourself, kek

cs_zoltan
Flat out as in Mace Windu? Stop embarrassing yourself, kek

I'd take Windu's opinion over yours any day everyday. Actually I'd take anyone's opinion over yours, except Legend's.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ILS
Luminara, Gnost-Dural, Galen Marek, Grievous, Proxy and Bossk

****INGG LOL!!!!

DarthAnt66
I'd take Windu's opinion over yours any day everyday. Actually I'd take anyone's opinion over yours, except Legend's.
Given Yoda is a potentially greater swordsmaster than Palpatine and had 800+ years of refining his bladework, your outright denial of the possibility is laughable.

Your bias against me is acknowledged, just know the feeling is mutual to where mine is actually supported by retarded comments of yours while your hatred toward me is simply that you don't like people being mean to you when you're stupid.

I'm not really sure why you think insulting me here will do anything for you. This forum is my domain - and given everyone already thinks your joke - you aren't helping your chances of having prospective allies except maybe Nephthys.

cs_zoltan
Given Yoda is a potentially greater swordsmaster than Palpatine and had 800+ years of refining his bladework, your outright denial of the possibility is laughable.
And Luke beat Vader with 4 years of training. Until you have any proof Windu's assessment stands, even more so because he has extensive knowledge of both of them.
Your bias against me is acknowledged, just know the feeling is mutual to where mine is actually supported by retarded comments of yours while your hatred toward me is simply that you don't like people being mean to you when you're stupid.
And you are simply a dick to anyone who doesn't suck up to your OR wanking. Not to mention it was you who started insulting me first, not just in this thread, but in general, so I'm not sure why are you surprised that I don't treat you as my BFF. You are by far the most obnoxious debater I've met so you might want to dial back a bit from the hostility.
I'm not really sure why you think insulting me here will do anything for you. This forum is my domain - and given everyone already thinks your joke - you aren't helping your chances of having prospective allies except maybe Nephthys.
Like I care.

Jmanghan

I'm not really sure why you think insulting me here will do anything for you. This forum is my domain - and given everyone already thinks your joke - you aren't helping your chances of having prospective allies except maybe Nephthys. Windu's opinion is better then any of our Opinion's though.

Seeing as Mace thought that Yoda was above him, and accepted that as fact, Mace saying that is pretty damn convincing.

Sinious
I like your title, Ant.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Sinious
I like your title, Ant. YOU SON OF A *****!

Jmanghan
I'm sorry. I propose we go out for Pizza, then go back to my place for some hardcore action.

Sinious
confused

Trocity
Lol what the actual f**k dude

DarthAnt66
And Luke beat Vader with 4 years of training. Until you have any proof Windu's assessment stands, even more so because he has extensive knowledge of both of them.
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Windu's opinion is better then any of our Opinion's though.
kek @ using Skywalker as an example of proper power and skill progression, or that there weren't a host of circumstances surrounding that fight

Is it truly? He has past claims that Depa is just as / more skilled than him, that Skywalker is more powerful than Yoda, that Kenobi is greater than him, etc. etc.

1.) It's not "obnoxious" to say I'm better than you. It's fact.

2.) If I'm "wanking" a lot, feel free to try to correct me, since you can't.

Jmanghan
Either way, Obi-Wan is the best IMO.

Jmanghan
kek @ using Skywalker as an example of proper power and skill progression, or that there weren't a host of circumstances surrounding that fight

Is it truly? He has past claims that Depa is just as / more skilled than him, that Skywalker is more powerful than Yoda, that Kenobi is greater than him, etc. etc.

2.) If I'm "wanking" a lot, feel free to try to correct me, since you can't. Did he say that Depa is more skilled then him, or that they would be?

Everyone in the order claims that Skywalker would eventually become more powerful then Yoda, including Sidious.

Kenobi being just as skilled as him is debateable.

They're comparable as a whole.

Mace edges him out, but not by all that much.

cs_zoltan

In what? Debating? Don't make me laugh, all you do is insult people until they grew tired of it then they leave.

DarthAnt66
You deny my superiority over you?

lolwut

KK, let's do a debate.

Pick a character to go against Revan / Krayt / etc., so I can beat you. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Did he say that Depa is more skilled then him, or that they would be?

Everyone in the order claims that Skywalker would eventually become more powerful then Yoda, including Sidious.

Kenobi being just as skilled as him is debateable.

They're comparable as a whole.
The former.

He was referring to that moment, though it's note he said something along the lines of "possibly," IIRC.

Sure.

Jmanghan
Guys, chill with the arguments before Ushgarak comes in here and shuts us down.

DarthAnt66
kek

cs_zoltan
On topic: Probably nobody. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of better duelists, but neither specialized in Soresu.

Take Yoda for example. He's a master of all 7 lightsaber forms, and the best duelist during the PT era. Yet that doesn't mean he's better than everyone with every form.
True enough Fisto was stated to be the best Form I user, Dooku was stated the be the best Form II user, Kenobi the best Form III user, Anakin the best Form V user etc. Yoda is better than either of them, but not in their respective form, but with his own Ataru mastery.

Aurbere
In what? Debating? Don't make me laugh, all you do is insult people until they grew tired of it then they leave.

He is better though. More proven.

But take him up on his offer and prove yourself. wink

DarthAnt66
Nah, respond to my post. I genuinely want to debate you now given you think you're some big-shot, kek

I would prefer to debate with Revan for optimum pwnage, but any character should suffice against you, kek

cs_zoltan
I have zero interest debating with you. If I wanted to be insulted at every turn I would go to Harlem and shout n*****. The outcome would probably be more pleasant as well.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Aurbere
He is better though. More proven.

But take him up on his offer and prove yourself. wink

Time to an Aurbere.
thumb up

DarthAnt66
I have zero interest debating with you. If I wanted to be insulted at every turn I would go to Harlem and shout n*****. The outcome would probably be more pleasant as well.
Concession accepted on every topic we have ever disagreed on, and reported for racism.

Jmanghan
Mark my words, Ushgarak is gonna rain down a shitstorm upon us.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Time to an Aurbere.
thumb up What?

cs_zoltan
Concession accepted on every topic we have ever disagreed on, and reported for racism.

Congratualtions on your newest marvelous victory won through your insufferable manners.

You must be proud to be such an awful human being that nobody wants to debate with you.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
>"nobody"
>"cs_zoltan"

I could make a joke but it's so obvious and kekworthy it's not needed.

For the record I didn't get 12K posts and another like 2K on CV by not debating with people.

Deronn_solo
What?

It spoonerism, KEK. It means to an hero. bro. A jab at my slave-worthy friend, Aurbere.

Jmanghan
>"nobody"
>"cs_zoltan"

I could make a joke but it's so obvious and kekworthy it's not needed.

For the record I didn't get 12K posts and another like 2K on CV by not debating with people. To be fair, you're both being equally childish. It's embarrassing particularly on your part, Ant.

If you guys are gonna debate, then debate. But insulting each other isn't a debate.

DarthAnt66
Well that one was a classic jest, so yes indeed.

Doesn't mean it wasn't funny or semi kekworthy though. erm

Jmanghan
It spoonerism, KEK. It means to an hero. bro. A jab at my slave-worthy friend, Aurbere. I didn't realize people still used that.

Deronn_solo
I didn't realize people still used that.

They shouldn't. But I talk to a lot of weirdo's, and shit kinda rubbed off on me. For better, or worse.

NewGuy01
No one that I can think of has better Soresu than Kenobi.

Deronn_solo
Darth Zannah?

Jmanghan
Darth Zannah?
Ew.

Deronn_solo
Gaaaaaaaay.

Jmanghan
Gaaaaaaaay.

I know right? Darth Zannah being equal to Kenobi in Soresu certainly is gay.

Deronn_solo
Rain held off Bane; feats for Kenobi that supersedes this, pls.

carthage
Holding off Maul, Grievous, Vader i,e duelists that don't suck like Bane?

Jmanghan
Rain held off Bane; feats for Kenobi that supersedes this, pls. Bane being above Kenobi in sabers is supported by...?

Also, Bane is known for his force abilities, not his Saber Skills.

Deronn_solo
LAL Bane is better than all those duelist.
Try again, Cart.

carthage
I forgot how many highly skilled duelists Kas'im and Darth Zannah beat.

How many was it? Oh yeah, zero

Deronn_solo
KEK @ Seth Harth not being skilled. The dude learned highly complex Force powers like Essence Transfer - I doubt he's bad with a blade, given his MAD Force potential elsewhere. And Kas'im was prolly the best duelist in the Brotherhood of Darkness.

Try again, Carth. Zannah > Kenobi; Bane > Anakin. thumb up

Jmanghan
KEK @ Seth Harth not being skilled. The dude learned highly complex Force powers like Essence Transfer - I doubt he's bad with a blade, given his MAD Force potential elsewhere. And Kas'im was prolly the best duelist in the Brotherhood of Darkness.

Try again, Carth. Zannah > Kenobi; Bane > Anakin. thumb up All you've proven is... Well, nothing.

You haven't proven that Bane is better at all.

Btw, Anakin is a better duelist then Kenobi.

carthage
Set Harth the duelist who was a half trained Jedi knight with nothing other than beating thugs to his name thumb up. Also "MAD" force potential has **** all to do with his lightsaber skill, he's utterly featless and was getting tooled by an untrained Huntress. He's crap tier.

Also Kas'im has nothing to support being anywhere near Grievous, Anakin, Kenobi, Ventress or anyone Kenobi has fought.

Try again thumb up

Deronn_solo
Bane being above Kenobi in sabers is supported by...?

Also, Bane is known for his force abilities, not his Saber Skills.

Bane being above Kenobi is supported by hype and feats. thumb up

Jmanghan
Bane being above Kenobi is supported by hype and feats. thumb up Feats like?

Without using the force at all.

EmperorSidious2
It's possible but I doubt it. I'd stick with Kenobi for right now.

Nephthys
Zannah is better than Kenobi in overall defensive effectiveness. Obi-Wan would get pwned by Bane. I doubt he'd have even survived Orb Bane's berserk assault which even RoT Zannah did.

That said, Obi-Wan is more of a duelist than her and has a more refined style. He's also more flexible. If you think that makes him a better Soresu duelist, knock yourself out.

cs_zoltan
Grievous > Bane in a lightsaber duel.

Nephthys
Ahahaha.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ahahaha.

Concession accepted.

Grievous stalemated Windu while having the environmental disadvantage. Bane's got nothing on him. At all.

Q99
Possibly Palpatine / Yoda, but other than that, nah.

Sidious almost never goes defensive, I bet that it's not one of his stronger forms- relatively speaking. And... hm, I'm not sure if it'd work for Yoda, but maybe.

On topic: Probably nobody. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of better duelists, but neither specialized in Soresu.

Take Yoda for example. He's a master of all 7 lightsaber forms, and the best duelist during the PT era. Yet that doesn't mean he's better than everyone with every form.
True enough Fisto was stated to be the best Form I user, Dooku was stated the be the best Form II user, Kenobi the best Form III user, Anakin the best Form V user etc. Yoda is better than either of them, but not in their respective form, but with his own Ataru mastery.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.