MAJOR SPOILER!-Conversations between Neo others

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mariosgr12
This is a major SPOILER. It is only for those who have seen the film and want to check the deeper meaning of the conversations. I haven't posted the architect-Neo conversation since I did this in another topic.

Councellor Hummond and Neo

Councellor: Care for some company?
Neo: Counceller Hummond.
Councellor: I don't want to intrude if you care to be alone
Neo: No I could probably use some company
Concellor: Good, So can I. It's nice tonight. Very Calm . Feels like everyone is sleeping very peacefully.
Neo: Not everyone.
Concellor: I hate sleeping. I never sleep more than a few hours. I figure I slept the first eleven years of my life - now I'm making up for it. What about you?
Neo: I just haven't been able to sleep much
Councellor:Thats's a good sign
Neo: Of What ?
Councellor: That you are in fact - still human (chuckles)Have you ever been to the engineering level? I love to walk ther at night it's quite amazing. Would You like to see it?
Neo: Sure
Councellor: Almost no one comes down here, unless of course there's a problem. That's how it is with people nobody cares how it works as long at it works. I Like it down here. I like to be reminded this city survives because of these machines. These machines are keeping us alive while other machines are coming to kill us. Interesting isn't it. The power to give life, and the power to end it.
Neo: We have the same power.
Coucellor: (sighs) Well I suppose we do but - down here sometimes I think about all those people still plugged into the Matrix, and when I look at these machines I can't help but thinking that in a way - we are plugeed into them.
Neo: But we control these machines they don't control us.
Concellor: Of course not, how could they? The idea is pure nonsense but, it does make one wonder just - what is control?
Neo: Well if we anted we caould shut these machines down
Councellor: (Laughs) That's it, you've hit it. That's control isn't? If we wanted we could smash them to bits. Although if we did we'd have to consider what would happen to our lights, our heat, our air.
Neo: So we need machines and they need us. Is that your point councellor?
Councellor: No. No point. Old men like me don't bother with making points, there's no point.
Neo: Is that why there are no young men on the council?
Councellor: Good point.
Neo: Why don't you tell me what's on your mind councellor?
Councellor: There is so much in this world that I do not undertand. See that machine? It has something to do with recycling our water supply. I have absolutley no idea how it works, but I do understand the reason for it to work. I have absolutly no idead how you are able to do some of the things that you do. But I believe there is a reson for that as well. I only hope we understand that reason - before it's too late.

Seraph/Oracle and Neo

(Neo enters the Matrix to a village market somwhere in Asia. He opens a door, and walks in)
Neo: Hello
Serpah: You seek the Oracle
Neo: Who are you?
Seraph: I am Seraph, I can take you to her. But first, I must apologize.
Neo: For What?
Seraph: For this (Throws a punch and Neo blocks it, they they start fighting, no clear winner)
Serpah: Good (they stop fighting) The Oracle has many enemies, I had to be sure.
Neo: Of what?
Seraph: That you are The One.
Neo: You could've just asked.
Seraph: No, you do not truly know someone until you fight them. Come, she is waiting.
Link: (back on the ship) Where the hell'd they go?
Neo: These are back doors aren't they, programmer access?
Seraph: (nods)
Neo: How do they work?
Sraph: The code is hidden in tumblers. One position opens a lock, another position opens one of these doors
Neo: Are you a programmer?
Seraph: (shakes head)
Neo: Then what are you?
Serpah: I protect that which matters most. (opens door to a playground, The Oracle is sitting on a bench feeding pigeons)
Oracle: Well come on, I aint gonna bite you. Come around here and let me have a look at you. My goodness look at you, you turned out alright didn't you? How do you feel?
Neo: I, Uh -
oracle: I know you're not sleeping, we'll get to that. Why don't you come and have a sit this time?
Neo: Maybe I'll stand.
Oracle: Well suit yourself
(Neo sits Down)
Neo: I felt like sitting
Oracle: I know. So, let's get the obvious stuff out of the way.
Neo: You're not human are you?
Oracle: Well it's tough to get any more obvious than that.
Neo: If I had to guess, I'd say you were a program from the machine world. So is he.
Oracle: So far, so good.
Neo: But if that's true, that could mean you are a part of this system, another kind of control.
Oracle: Keep going.
Neo: Well I suppose the most obvious question is, How can I trust you?
Oracle: Bingo. It is a pickle, no doubt about it. Bad news is there's no way if you can really know wheter I'm here to help you or not, so it's really up to you. Just have to make up your own damn mind, to accept what I'm going to tell you or reject it. Candy?
Neo: DO you already know if I'm going to take it?
Oracle: Wouldn't be much of an oracle if I did't.
Neo: But if you already know, how can I make a choice.
Oracle: Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. (Neo takes candy) I thought you'd have figured that out by now.
Neo: Why are you here?
Oracle: Same reason, I love candy.
Neo: But why help us?
Oracle: We're all here to do what we're all here to do. I'm interested in one thing Neo, the future, and believe me I know, the only way to get there is together.
Neo: Are ther other programs like you?
Oracle: Oh well, not like me but - look, see those birds? At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to watch over the trees and the wind,
sunrise and sunset, there are programs running all over the place. The ones doing thier job doing what they were meant to do, are invisible, you'd never even know they were here. But the other ones, well - you hear about them all the time.
Neo: I've never heard of them.
Oracle: Oh, of course you have. Everytime you've heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel. Every story you've ever heard about vampires, wereolves or aliens, is the system assimilating some program that's doing something tey're not supposed to be doing.
Neo: Programs hacking programs. Why?
Oracle: They have thier reasons but, usually a program chooses exile when it faces deletion
NEo: And why would a program be deleted?
Oracle: Maybe it breaks down, maybe a better program is created to replace it, happens all the time. And when it does, a program can either chose to hide here or return to the source.
Neo: The machine mainframe
Oracle: Yes. Were you must go, where the path of the one ends. You've seen it, in you dreams havn't you? The door made of light. What happens when you go through the door?
Neo: I see Trinity. And something happens, something bad, she starts to fall then I wake upOracle: Do you see her die?
Neo? No
Oracle: You have the sight now Neo, you are looking at the world without time.
Neo: Then why can't I see what happens to her?
Oracle: We can never see past the choices that we do not understand.
Neo: Are you saying I have to choose wheter Trinity lives or dies?
Oracle: No. You've already made the choice, now you have to understand it.
Neo: No. I can't do that. I won't.
Oracle: Well you have to.
Neo: Why?
Orale: Because you're The One.
Neo: What if I can't? What happens if I fail?
Oracle: Then Zion will fall
(Seraph comes over)
Oracle: Our time is up. Listen to me Neo. You can save Zion if you reach the source but to do that you will need The Keymaker.
Neo: The Keymaker?
Oracle: Yes, he disappeared some time ago we did not know what happend to him until now. He is being held prisoner by a very dangerous program, one of the oldest of us, He is called The Merovingian, and he will not let him go willingly.
NEo: What does he want?
Oracle: What do all men with power want - more power. Be there, at that exact time, and you will have a chance.
Seraph: We must go
Oracle: Seems like everytime we meet, I've got nothing but bad news. I'm sorry about that, I surely am. But for what it's worth - you've made a believer out of me. Good luck kiddo.
(Seraph and The Oracle go back through the door, just as Agent Smith shows up, walking towards Neo)

mariosgr12
Continuing from above, due to excessive character length.

Smith and Neo

(Seraph and The Oracle go back through the door, just as Agent Smith shows up, walking towards Neo)
Smith: Mr. Anderson! You get my package?
Neo: Yeah
Smith: Well good.
Morpheus: (back on ship) Smith!
Link: (back on ship) Whoever it is he's not reading like an agent.
Smith: Surprised to see me?
Neo: No.
Smith: Then you're aware of it ?
Neo: Of what?
Smith: Smith: Our connection. I don't fully understand how it happend, perhaps some part of you imprinted onto me, something overwritten or copied. It is at this point irrelavent. What matters is that what ever happened, happen for a reason.
Neo: And what reason is that?
Smith: I killed you Mr. Anderson, I watched you die. With a certain satisfaction I might add. And then something happened. Something that I knew was impossible but it happened anyway.You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. Afterward I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey. And now here I stand beacuse of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I am no longer an agent of this system. Because of you I've changed, I'm unplugged, a new man, so to speak, like you, apparently free.
Neo: Congratulations
Smith: Thank you. But, as you well know apperances can be decieving. Which brings us back to the reason why we are here. We are not here because we are free, we are here because we are not free. There is no denying purpose, because as we both know without purpose, we would not exist.
Smith #2-#9: It is purpose that created us. Purpose that connects us. Purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us.
We are here because of you Mr. Anderson we are here to take from you what you tried to take from us. (Jabs his hand into Neo's chest and start covering his body with some black oil looking thing) Purpose!
Trinity: (back on the ship) What's happening to him?
Link: (back on the ship) Don't know!
Smith: Yes that's it, it'll be over soon.
(Neo fights off the black thing, then goes on to battle all of the Smiths.)

Merovingian and Neo

(Morpheus, Neo and Trinity board the elevator)
Morpheus: What can you see Neo?
Neo: It's trange, the code is somehow differnt.
Morpheus: Encrypted?
Neo: Maybe.
Trinity: Is that good for us or bad for us?
Neo: Well, it looks like every floor is wired with explosives
Trinity: Bad for us
Morpheus: Here we go
(The three exit the elevator and go to Suite 101)
Maitre D: (French)
Morpheus: We are here to speak with the Merovingian
Maitre D: Of course, he has been expecting you. Follow Me
Merovingian: Aha, here he is at last. Neo, the one himself, right? And the legendary Morpheus. And Trinity of course (French) I have heard so much, you honor me, please sit, join us. This is my wife Persephone. Something to eat, drink, Of course such things are contrivances like so much here, for the sake of appearances
Neo: No, thank you
Merovingian: Yes, of course. Who has time, who has time? But then, if we do not ever take time how can we ever have time? (Sniffs wine) Chateau 195- (I'm not sure about the date, he told it in French and quickly, mille neuf cent cinquante ....., I think it's 1957) magnificant wine. I love French wine. Like I love the French language. I have sampled every language and French is my favorite. Fantastic language, especially to curse with (Curses in French) - Like wiping your ass with silk, I love it.
Morpheus: You know why we are here
Merovingian: I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can. The question is, do you know why you are here?
Morpheus: We are looking for the Keymaker.
Merovingian Oh yes, this is true, the Keymaker of course. But this is not a reason, this is not a why. The keymaker himself, his very nature is a means, it is not an end. So to look for him is to be looking for a means to do - what?
Neo: You know the answer to that question.
Merovingian: But do you? You think you do but you do not. You are here because you were sent here, you were told to come here and then you obeyed. (Laughs) It is of course the way of all things. You see, there is only one constant, one universal it is the only real truth - causality. Action, reation. Cause and effect.
Morpheus: Everything begins with choice.
Merovingian: No, wrong. Choice is an illusion created between those with power - and those without. Look there, at that woman. My God, just look at her. Effecting everyone around her so obvious, so bourgeois, so boring, but wait. Watch, you see I have sent her a dessert, A very special dessert. I wrote it myself. It starts so simply. Each line of the program creating a new fate. Just like - poetry. First, a rush, heat, her heart flutters. You can see it Neo, yes? She does not understand. Why, is it the wine? No. What is it then, what is the reason? And soon, it does not matter. Soon the why and the reason are gone, and all that matters is the feeling itself. And this is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it. But it is of course pretense, it is a lie. Beneath our poised appearance, the truth is - we are completely - out of control.
Causality, there is no escape from it we are all slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the why. Why, is what seperates us from them, you from me. Why is the only real source of power without it you are powerless. And this is how you come to me, without why, without power, another link in the chain. But fear not, since I have seen how good you are at following orders, I will tell you what to do next. Run back, and give the fortune teller this message. Her time is almost up. Now, I have some real business to do so I will say adieu and goodbye.
Neo: This isn't over
Merovingian: Oh, yes it is. The Keymaker is mine and I see no reason why I should give him up. No reason at all.
Percephone: Where are you going?
Merovingian: Please my cherie, I have told you, we area all victims of causality. I drank too much wine, I must go take a piss. Cause and effect. Au revoir.
Trinity: (To merovingian's goons) Touch me, and that hand will never touch anything again.
(The three board the elevator)
Neo: Well that didn't go so well
Morpheus: Are you certain the Oracle didn't say anything else
Neo: Yes
Trinity: Maybe we Did Somthing wrong.
Neo: Or didn't do something.
Morpheus: No. What happend happend and couldn't have happened any other way.
Neo: How do you know?
Morpheaus: We are still alive.
(Elevator door opens)
Percephone: If you want The Keymaker, follow me.

mariosgr12
Oooops, sorry I just saw that the first three conversations have already been posted. Excuse me for taking up all this space

chico23
Cool Thanks for the Merovingian Text.

The Omega
This is actually an old thread, but interesting to read those conversations.
It makes we wonder if there is a connection between the Oracle and Persephone.

Kes
"Merovingian: Yes, of course. Who has time, who has time? But then, if we do not ever take time how can we ever have time? "

Who has time indeed?blink

GABRIEL05
THE TIME KEEPER!!!!

Kes
lol Maybe thats why Merovigian said that shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.