Lizard vs Ronan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
TAS Lizard

vs

GOTG Ronan the destroyer

No Gem

H2H

Robtard
Ronan's a more skilled fighter, but the Lizard would eventually wear him down, his healing factor is better than Logan's.

KingD19
You think Ronan could rip his head off? He was strong enough to casually embed Drax in an industrial grade container with a slight push.

Robtard
Possible I guess. But then he'd be grappling with the Lizard, who has massive claws, teeth and is extremely strong as well.

Time-Immemorial
Ronan durability is above Lizard's regen imo, he does not seem to get hurt.

Robtard
Only time he was tagged was while he had the Gem, iirc.

Stands to reason if Draxx's daggers would have broken against him, he wouldn't have cared about blocking/dodging them.

KingD19
I haven't seen ASM in a while, but did Lizard have any decent strength feats? The Spidey he fought seemed much weaker than the Spidey that fought Electro.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I haven't seen ASM in a while, but did Lizard have any decent strength feats? The Spidey he fought seemed much weaker than the Spidey that fought Electro.

IIRC, he tunneled through concrete, tore through metal as if were paper and threw a car like a baseball.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Only time he was tagged was while he had the Gem, iirc.

Stands to reason if Draxx's daggers would have broken against him, he wouldn't have cared about blocking/dodging them.

Most fights that are choreographed show dodging for the purposes of entertainment. and the sport of the fight. Not everyone pulls the Superman bullet eye catch.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Most fights that are choreographed show dodging for the purposes of entertainment. and the sport of the fight. Not everyone pulls the Superman bullet eye catch.

That's fine and acceptable. Still, we have no real reference in how durable Ronan is without the Gem.

KingD19
IIRC, he tunneled through concrete, tore through metal as if were paper and threw a car like a baseball.

It has been a while. I need to watch that movie again.

Robtard
It's not very good, so just take my words for it:

-Throws a car at Spider-man during the bridge scene
-Rips through a limo's roof to kill the Oscrop Exec
-Tunnels through concrete and burst through the toilet/floor at SM's college campus

Lizard has greater strength feats than Ronan

KingD19
Cool. Poor Ronan then. Lol.

Newjak
Ronan was able to take hits from Drax who in turn was strong enough to tear those robots apart. Ronan didn't even seem to feel them.

Robtard
Actually a very good point. But on top of the Lizard's extreme strength, he has sharp claws and teeth; not just blunt force punches. Add his crazy-high HF, it's his fight to lose.

edit: Should also add he was agile and fast enough to compete with Spider-man. So the only advantage Ronan has here is his superior H2H skills, but that's probably not enough in the long run considering the HF. Lizard regrew bone, muscle and sinew in seconds, can't imagine very strong punches would tax his HF much.

Newjak
Actually a very good point. But on top of the Lizard's extreme strength, he has sharp claws and teeth; not just blunt force punches. Add his crazy-high HF, it's his fight to lose.

edit: Should also add he was agile and fast enough to compete with Spider-man. So the only advantage Ronan has here is his superior H2H skills, but that's probably not enough in the long run considering the HF. Drax was also shown to be able to seemingly overpower Groot in their bar brawl as well.

But yes the Lizard definitely has a lot going for him. It's hard to tell though how much those claws will help against Ronan's armor though. Of course it is also hard to tell how tough Ronan's armor is. Most of his fighting was done under the influence of the stone so it's hard to say how much was him/his gear or the stone boosting them.

TheVaultDweller
Lizard was strong enough to toss various cars off a bridge like he was tossing away garbage. Just look how he was flinging them, and the string of vehicles hanging from the side of the bridge.

iMmyLKRZ36w

Impressive strength and reaction feats for Spidey too really, considering he was catching the cars with the aid of his webbing and hooking them to the bridge, one by one.

TheVaultDweller
Also, as Rob said, he can keep up with Spiderman, who even in the first film was fast enough to do the following:

Around 2 minutes and 6 seconds:

wtClC8fslWI

quanchi112
Ronan wins. Robbie is wrong yet again.

Time-Immemorial
I don't see Ronan losing this. The dude was boss.

quanchi112
I don't see Ronan losing this. The dude was boss. Only fanboy Robbie would disagree but watch him he'll get nasty real quick.

FrothByte
Ronan lacks feats so it's hard to argue for him. Ideally I'd rate him at least as strong and tough as an Asgardian which would put him over Lizard but we don't really have any feats to support this so I'm leaning on Lizard for the meantime.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
Only fanboy Robbie would disagree but watch him he'll get nasty real quick.

laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Gem-less Ronan has one notable combat feat which involved beating up on a shitfaced Drax. That's not enough evidence to say he can take down the monster that would have killed Spiderman, if not for plot device. What strength feats do Ronan have that puts him above Lizard? What speed/reaction feats does he have that puts him above, or even close to, Lizard? What suggests that he can harm Lizard in H2H faster than Lizard can recover? What evidence is there that he can resist Lizard's claws close up? I am open to being convinced otherwise if someone can actually provide an argument for him, but I'm sticking with Lizard all the way until then. I mean do people really think a drunk Drax > ASM?

Also, what puts the average Asgardian above a Spiderman level character, other than having an edge in overall durability? The average Asgardian certainly isn't any stronger, and certainly not any faster or more agile, nor quicker healers, based on feats.

Robtard
Only fanboy Robbie would disagree but watch him he'll get nasty real quick.

Which feats of gemless-Ronan make him win here? <-- now stress out because you know you can't debate

quanchi112
Which feats of gemless-Ronan make him win here? <-- now stress out because you know you can't debate Did you watch the film ? Be honest, Robbie.

Tattoos N Scars
Khan is ghey

Robtard
Did you watch the film ? Be honest, Robbie.

Another submissive move from quanboy, glorious. He's so easy.

Repeat: Which feats of gemless-Ronan make him win here? <-- now stress out because you know you can't debate

quanchi112
Another submissive move from quanboy, glorious. He's so easy.

Repeat: Which feats of gemless-Ronan make him win here? <-- now stress out because you know you can't debate Drax. Now answer my question, sub Rob.

Robtard
'Drax" isn't a proper counter. As noted, Drax was drunk and sloppy when he fought Ronan and ASM who was almost killed by the Lizard would have kicked the shit out of a drunk Drax as well.

Repeat: Which feats of gemless-Ronan make him win here? <-- now stress out because you know you can't debate

Time-Immemorial
Drax even if sober was outclassed by Ronan, Ronan he straight up stomped him out.

Ycl_s3Hb3ZM

Look at min :35

Robtard
Drax even if sober was outclassed by Ronan, Ronan he straight up stomped him out.

Ycl_s3Hb3ZM

Look at min :35

That was drunk Drax in that scene.

Time-Immemorial
That was drunk Drax in that scene.

It doesn't matter, Ronan was a few classes stronger ad faster. Unless you think Sober Drax honestly could beat Ronan, what else is there to say? Him being drunk doesn't lower his strength either.

quanchi112
'Drax" isn't a proper counter. As noted, Drax was drunk and sloppy when he fought Ronan and ASM who was almost killed by the Lizard would have kicked the shit out of a drunk Drax as well.

Repeat: Which feats of gemless-Ronan make him win here? <-- now stress out because you know you can't debate You asked which feats and I said the Drax one. Drax was nothing to him. Ronan shit stomps Lizard. So continue to marvel at my sig.

TheVaultDweller
It doesn't matter, Ronan was a few classes stronger ad faster. Unless you think Sober Drax honestly could beat Ronan, what else is there to say? Him being drunk doesn't lower his strength either.

The fact that Drax was physically weaker doesn't help Ronan in this match. All this means is that not only did he have the advantage that his opponent was drunk, he was physically stronger than his opponent as well. But nothing either of them did puts them above Lizard, who did things like toss large vehicles around like they were nothing and tunnel through concrete.

Also, I don't think anyone really thinks Drax could beat Ronan when sober, but he would probably perform better. Being as drunk as Drax was portrayed as being doesn't make you physically weaker, but it does affect your mental faculties, motor skills, and reaction times, all of which are important in a fight. I still think that Ronan would beat him, but I don't think that it would be quite as one-sided as it was.

And in terms of speed/reactions, Lizard could keep up with Spiderman, who in turn could casually dodge bullets at point blank range while talking trash.

Robtard
You asked which feats and I said the Drax one. Drax was nothing to him. Ronan shit stomps Lizard. So continue to marvel at my sig.

Listing a lesser feat than what the Lizard has shown: ripping through metal, borrowing through concrete, easily tossing cars, taking on SM, having claws, teeth and an amazing HF, isn't properly debating. You've failed once again, it was expected.

This of course won't stop you from flaming and ranting as a means to distract from your failure. So go on.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The fact that Drax was physically weaker doesn't help Ronan in this match. All this means is that not only did he have the advantage that his opponent was drunk, he was physically stronger than his opponent as well. But nothing either of them did puts them above Lizard, who did things like toss large vehicles around like they were nothing and tunnel through concrete.

Also, I don't think anyone really thinks Drax could beat Ronan when sober, but he would probably perform better. Being as drunk as Drax was portrayed as being doesn't make you physically weaker, but it does affect your mental faculties, motor skills, and reaction times, all of which are important in a fight. I still think that Ronan would beat him, but I don't think that it would be quite as one-sided as it was.

And in terms of speed/reactions, Lizard could keep up with Spiderman, who in turn could casually dodge bullets at point blank range while talking trash.

Not really, though, cause we know how strong Dax is, he was able to crush robots with his bare hands.

It would be like calling Captain a slouch for not being able to take down Loki. Dax was extremely strong, but Ronin was just leagues above him.

quanchi112
Listing a lesser feat than what the Lizard has shown: ripping through metal, borrowing through concrete, easily tossing cars, taking on SM, having claws, teeth and an amazing HF, isn't properly debating. You've failed once again, it was expected.

This of course won't stop you from flaming and ranting as a means to distract from your failure. So go on. Ronan treated a guy with superhuman strength and skill like a nothing. That's impressive. Far more impressive than the lizard has to offer.

Time-Immemorial
Yea on top of it, Dax is far above Captain and took on a guy like Loki and got shit canned.

quanchi112
Yea on top of it, Dax is far above Captain and took on a guy like Loki and got shit canned. We all got how ridiculously powered Ronan operated on and yet Robbie continues to say this lizard guy beats him. He's clueless and shouldn't be allowed to watch a film alone.

Robtard
Yea on top of it, Dax is far above Captain and took on a guy like Loki and got shit canned.

Except Loki has feats to back up his strength and durability. Fighting Thor, surviving the destroyer gun and Hulk's thrashing.

Ronan, doesn't have this, least with the gem. Sure he's obviously powerful and skilled, but we don't just guess that's is well above someone with greater shown feats.

His greatest feat was making Thanos his b***h with a few words and a threat. But again, that was Ronan with the gem.

FrothByte

Also, what puts the average Asgardian above a Spiderman level character, other than having an edge in overall durability? The average Asgardian certainly isn't any stronger, and certainly not any faster or more agile, nor quicker healers, based on feats.

They seem to be bullet proof for one. In fact, they have yet to be injured by any man-made weapon.

As for strength, they do push around cars and trucks quite easier than ASM. Though ASM has a better feat where he catches a car (a feat that no Asgardian has as of yet), the Asgardians just seem to do their strength feats a bit more effortlessly.

Time-Immemorial
Except Loki has feats to back up his strength and durability. Fighting Thor, surviving the destroyer gun and Hulk's thrashing.

Ronan, doesn't have this, least with the gem. Sure he's obviously powerful and skilled, but we don't just guess that's is well above someone with greater shown feats.

His greatest feat was making Thanos his b***h with a few words and a threat. But again, that was Ronan with the gem.

He killed Thanos advisor right in front of him and Thanos did nothing. Lets not pretend here that Thanos has wimps working for him. Thanos was regarded by someone as the strongest guy in the universe, and Ronan was only able to control the stone cause of his immense power.

Robtard
"The Other" was his name and Ronan broke his neck with a blast from his hammer. It's H2H here so.

If you're going on implied power, sure Ronan is well above. We generally go on screen-feats though.

Time-Immemorial
"The Other" was his name and Ronan broke his neck with a blast from his hammer. It's H2H here so.

If you're going on implied power, sure Ronan is well above. We generally go on screen-feats though.

But you are saying Loki is strong based on him being able to fight Thor. He actually has no strength feats, all he has is his fights, obviously any idiot can tell he's strong. And Thor actually has little to no strength feats other then when fighting.

So I just don't agree with Ronan's strength is implied because all he had was h2h feats when tossed Drax around like a doll.

quanchi112
But you are saying Loki is strong based on him being able to fight Thor. He actually has no strength feats, all he has is his fights, obviously any idiot can tell he's strong. And Thor actually has little to no strength feats other then when fighting.

So I just don't agree with Ronan's strength is implied because all he had was h2h feats when tossed Drax around like a doll. Robbie genuinely feels lizard wins this showing how inept he truly is. Stare and marvel at someone of such limited intelligence.

Robtard

So I just don't agree with Ronan's strength is implied because all he had was h2h feats when tossed Drax around like a doll. Being able to block Thor's attacks is a probably pretty impressive strength feat, considering how strong Thor is.

Thor caught one of Hulk's downward swings. That's an impressive strength feat.

I'm not taking just about Ronan's physical strength, that was never in question, he has feats to back up his physical strength, which is very high.

Time-Immemorial
Being able to block Thor's attacks is a probably pretty impressive strength feat, considering how strong Thor is.

Thor caught one of Hulk's downward swings. That's an impressive strength feat.

I'm not taking just about Ronan's physical strength, that was never in question, he has feats to back up his physical strength, which is very high.

The only attacks he blocked was with a weapon, either Gungir or the spear of destiny. Any other time Thor connects with him, he trashes him.

Ronan's physical strength is Asgardian level from what we see. Based on Dax being stronger then Captain and neither one being able to hurt Ronan or Loki.

Robtard
Robbie genuinely feels lizard wins this showing how inept he truly is. Stare and marvel at someone of such limited intelligence.

I find it hilarious that I've reduced you to following me around and cheerleading anyone I'm debating against. I've literally turned toy into an eCheerleader, such is my power smile

quanchi112
I find it hilarious that I've reduced you to following me around and cheerleading anyone I'm debating against. I've literally turned toy into an eCheerleader, such is my power smile You asked me for a feat and then ignored it. Then you start repeating yourself and really are going out of your way to argue for Lizard over Ronan.

Robtard
The only attacks he blocked was with a weapon, either Gungir or the spear of destiny. Any other time Thor connects with him, he trashes him.

Ronan's physical strength is Asgardian level from what we see.

Asgardians are not all the same strength; Thor is a particularly physically strong Asgardian. But it's probably not an off assessment.

Not a single pro-lizard person here argued that Ronan wasn't physically strong. He has strength feats and fighting skills.

Time-Immemorial
Asgardians are not all the same strength; Thor is a particularly physically strong Asgardian. But it's probably not an off assessment.

Not a single pro-lizard person here argued that Ronan wasn't physically strong. He has strength feats and fighting skills.

We actually don't know how much stronger Thor is then other Asgardians based on screen feats. I mean we have Loki taking bullets to the face, and Thor running from them. We have that farmer moving a car around like a toy. I think Thor lifted a car while flying in AOE, so that means the most we can say he can lift is 2,0000-3,000lbs.

The only way you are able to gauge Thors strength is based on his H2H with Hulk, cause without that, what are his great strength feats?

Robtard
Does Thor need more than being able to take on Hulk (while not trying to destroy the carrier) to prove he's physically powerful?

Loki isn't really an Asgardian, he's a runt Frost Giant that Odin physically changed through his science-magic.

Time-Immemorial
Does Thor need more than being able to take on Hulk (while not trying to destroy the carrier) to prove he's physically powerful?

Loki isn't really an Asgardian, he's a runt Frost Giant that Odin physically changed through his science-magic.

Loki is s hybrid, so he's got the strengths of both races but none of the weaknesses of the frost Giants.

But this isn't about Loki.

You said we base this off screen feats only. So it's not really fair to give Thor those, and not Ronan.

But punching power and blocking is different then lifts. All we see is Thor grab a car while flying. That's really his only stand alone strength feat that does not involve h2h. So based on that how can we say he can lift more, when it was not shown?

Robtard
Thor fighting Hulk H2H is a strength feat. He literally caught Hulk's blow, held it for a moment and then forced it up and back. Not sure how else to explain this, Thor has at least one very high strength feat.

Time-Immemorial
Thor fighting Hulk H2H is a strength feat. He literally caught Hulk's blow, held it for a moment and then forced it up and back. Not sure how else to explain this, Thor has at least one very high strength feat.

I edited.

Robtard
Okay, what I said stands. I also said Ronan's very strong from the start, so not sure why you're arguing like I'm pretending Ronan isn't physically powerful.

Time-Immemorial
Okay, what I said stands. I also said Ronan's very strong from the start, so not sure why you're arguing like I'm pretending Ronan isn't physically powerful.

Im not saying you are, Im just saying I think he is stronger then Lizard. And he has that whole alien/space thing going for him.

Robtard
Arguable from shown feats, but even giving Ronan the strength advantage, the Lizard still has natural weapons and a seriously powerful HF.

Time-Immemorial
Arguable from shown feats, but even giving Ronan the strength advantage, the Lizard still has natural weapons and a seriously powerful HF.

Yes he has the healing factor, but I don't think it will matter because Ronans durability is above his.

FrothByte
What durability feats does Ronan have?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
What durability feats does Ronan have?

His huge durability feats are with the gem.

But he has Drax punching him and not doing anything.

Robtard
If we're going on the grounds that "holding the gem requires X levels of durability", then the Lizard shouldn't be able to scratch Ronan.

I just don't know if that's true. eg Would someone with an extremely powerful mind like Xavier be able to use the Gem without exploding, even though his durability is that of a human?

FrothByte
His huge durability feats are with the gem.

But he has Drax punching him and not doing anything.

I don't recall Drax actually hitting him and Ronan just tanking it. What I recall is Drax unable to properly land hits on Ronan.

Time-Immemorial
I don't recall Drax actually hitting him and Ronan just tanking it. What I recall is Drax unable to properly land hits on Ronan.

He had him in a choke hold with one hand, Drax started punching him and it didn't do anything. Its in the video I posted earlier.

Tattoos N Scars
Ronan is just badass. Kurse or Hulk would've been slapped around too, just like Drax.

Robtard
He had him in a choke hold with one hand, Drax started punching him and it didn't do anything. Its in the video I posted earlier. Drax punched his armor though.

Time-Immemorial
Drax punched his armor though.

Oh please, this isn't a rebuttal, lets not be silly.

Thats like saying Loki's armor is what stopped Captain from beating him.

FrothByte
He had him in a choke hold with one hand, Drax started punching him and it didn't do anything. Its in the video I posted earlier.

Ah... good call. Actually now that I rewatched that vid, Ronan did have a good strength feat in there, where he did a casual palm thrust and it sent Drax flying back a good number of meters. Not sure if it's enough to match Lizard but it's definitely a solid strength feat.

Right now I'd change my opinion to thinking he's within Spiderman's strength level.

Time-Immemorial
Is Spiderman strength level above or below Asgardians like Loki, Heimdall, Lady Siff and the others?

FrothByte
Is Spiderman strength level above or below Asgardians like Loki, Heimdall, Lady Siff and the others?

Don't know. I usually rate it below because although Spiderman has bigger feats (catching a car) he does it with more effort than what the Asgardians do (casually palming a car). And Lady Sif also sent a human flying with a palm thrust way farther than Ronan was able to knock back Drax. Then again, that was a human.

Time-Immemorial
I have a hard time placing his strength as well. The car catch is impressive but I dunno, I was never that impressed with it for some reason. It felt forced to me.

Tattoos N Scars
Not enough evidence to guage Asgardian strength, besides Thor's.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Not enough evidence to guage Asgardian strength, besides Thor's.

I think they are 2-5 tonner's at best, as we see Thor catching a car one handed and that farmer moving one. I don't know how much further we can stretch it past that.

Tattoos N Scars
Thor caught Hulk's punch...that would be well beyonf Spidey strength.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Thor caught Hulk's punch...that would be well beyonf Spidey strength.

Yea he did, but it's hard to base that hit. If we assume all hulks hits are as hard as the leviathan hit. In the first Bana movie they had a hulk website that told you how much pounds per square inch he had. I'll try and find it.

TheVaultDweller
Not really, though, cause we know how strong Dax is, he was able to crush robots with his bare hands.

It would be like calling Captain a slouch for not being able to take down Loki. Dax was extremely strong, but Ronin was just leagues above him.

Pulling apart a relatively human sized droid isn't above anything Lizard did though. Lizard's combination of strength and claws allowed him to shred things (including metal and concrete) simply by grabbing them. Nor is anything Ronan did physically greater than anything Lizard did. Ronan was stronger than Drax? Lizard was stronger than Spiderman (who was also catching the falling vehicles with his webbing during the bridge scene). Fact is there is no single feat achieved by Ronan without the gem that puts him at a higher strength level to Lizard. Hell, what proof do we have that gem-less Ronan can withstand getting swiped by claws that can casually turn concrete to rubble?

It isn't at all the same thing. I never called Ronan or Drax a slouch or even implied as much. But acting like someone fights at exactly the same level while drunk and sober is less sensible than making the conclusion that Drax would have performed better against Ronan than he did in the film. You don't have the same reactions or co-ordination when drunk as you do when sober. That's just fact.

The point is Ronan IS stronger and faster than Drax. And Drax was not operating at 100% efficiency either. He ISN'T stronger and faster than Lizard, going by feats (at best he is in the same ballpark), and Lizard won't be blotto drunk when fighting him either. Where as Lizard fought and would have killed Spiderman, who, based on feats, is a hell of a lot more impressive than a drunk Drax is. Ronan lacks feats showing he can fight with someone on Spiderman/Lizard's level. His one showing is against a guy who was physically slower and weaker than him (and Spiderman or Lizard), and drunk to boot.

So I am still sticking with Lizard for this.

TheVaultDweller
They seem to be bullet proof for one. In fact, they have yet to be injured by any man-made weapon.

As for strength, they do push around cars and trucks quite easier than ASM. Though ASM has a better feat where he catches a car (a feat that no Asgardian has as of yet), the Asgardians just seem to do their strength feats a bit more effortlessly.

Well, I noted the piercing resistance. But all the Spiderman characters have shown great blunt force resistance etc. like him getting rammed by a speeding vehicle in the beginning of the 2nd film and it not even winding him.

That still puts them around the same level, and Lizard was capable of overpowering Peter with one hand when they were fighting in the sewers.

I'd put the average Asgardian in the same class, but certainly not better overall than Lizard. Even his greater vulnerability to certain damage types is countered by his regeneration, which allows him to regrow entire appendages within seconds.

Time-Immemorial
Pulling apart a relatively human sized droid isn't above anything Lizard did though. Lizard's combination of strength and claws allowed him to shred things (including metal and concrete) simply by grabbing them. Nor is anything Ronan did physically greater than anything Lizard did. Ronan was stronger than Drax? Lizard was stronger than Spiderman (who was also catching the falling vehicles with his webbing during the bridge scene). Fact is there is no single feat achieved by Ronan without the gem that puts him at a higher strength level to Lizard. Hell, what proof do we have that gem-less Ronan can withstand getting swiped by claws that can casually turn concrete to rubble?

It isn't at all the same thing. I never called Ronan or Drax a slouch or even implied as much. But acting like someone fights at exactly the same level while drunk and sober is less sensible than making the conclusion that Drax would have performed better against Ronan than he did in the film. You don't have the same reactions or co-ordination when drunk as you do when sober. That's just fact.

The point is Ronan IS stronger and faster than Drax. And Drax was not operating at 100% efficiency either. He ISN'T stronger and faster than Lizard, going by feats (at best he is in the same ballpark), and Lizard won't be blotto drunk when fighting him either. Where as Lizard fought and would have killed Spiderman, who, based on feats, is a hell of a lot more impressive than a drunk Drax is. Ronan lacks feats showing he can fight with someone on Spiderman/Lizard's level. His one showing is against a guy who was physically slower and weaker than him (and Spiderman or Lizard), and drunk to boot.

So I am still sticking with Lizard for this.

That's cool I respect your opinionthumb up

I lack screen feats, but I know the level these guys operate, in my opinion they are just above earth class heroes, even Spider-Man.

TheVaultDweller
That's cool I respect your opinionthumb up

I lack screen feats, but I know the level these guys operate, in my opinion they are just above earth class heroes, even Spider-Man.

I just personally feel he lacks feats. Which is why I was pissed off when they killed him. mad

He had potential to be a great recurring villain in the MCU. But yeah, based on what feats he has, I would ideally rate him around the level of one of the Warriors Three (so above average Asgardian). But sadly, too much of this is speculation, because he only has the one fight to really go off.

Time-Immemorial
I just personally feel he lacks feats. Which is why I was pissed off when they killed him. mad

He had potential to be a great recurring villain in the MCU.

A lot of my reasoning comes from he could handle the gem. And also that Thanos is going to be able to as well. Thanos was named the most powerful person in the universe, so I know Ronan is up there in the mix. No one can just handle the infinity stone the way he did. It was pretty boss.

As far as Drax not being at 100%, do you honestly think it would have changed the fight if he was? I just don't see it. The fight reminded me of Loki vs Cap.

TheVaultDweller
Technically he only handled it long enough to put it in his weapon. We've actually even seen Ultron harness the power of the Mind Gem to mind control someone, and he was AI. Granted, handling the gem even that long makes him more exceptional than most, but the same can be said for Peter Quill, and we know Ronan would murder his ass in an H2H fight.

I still think that Ronan would have won, and probably quite handily, but I feel like Drax would have been more co-ordinated, performed better, and lasted longer. Look what Drax did to Korath when he was fighting sober, another Kree working for Ronan.

TheVaultDweller
I don't think being able to handle a gem is the best reflection of physical power for another reason as well. Consider Malekith. With the Aether (an infinity stone he wielded without any hassles) he was going to black out the entire universe. Without it, he got his ass kicked by Thor's mom.

Robtard
Oh please, this isn't a rebuttal, lets not be silly.

Thats like saying Loki's armor is what stopped Captain from beating him.

Yes it as, as armor is made to protect and we're specifically talking about Ronan's shown durability. Might as well say that Tony's armor had not bearing on how well Tony took hits from Thor.

Loki's "armor" was mostly cloth and a leather coat; that's not comparable to Ronan's hard plates. Also, Loki was actually hit in the face by Cap, wasn't trying to defeat Cap as per his plan to get captured and he has other durability feats supporting his level of toughness. So not sure why you used this comparison.

FrothByte
Quill held that stone for a bit. Just saying...

Time-Immemorial
Yes it as, as armor is made to protect and we're specifically talking about Ronan's shown durability. Might as well say that Tony's armor had not bearing on how well Tony took hits from Thor.

Loki's "armor" was mostly cloth and a leather coat; that's not comparable to Ronan's hard plates. Also, Loki was actually hit in the face by Cap, wasn't trying to defeat Cap as per his plan to get captured and he has other durability feats supporting his level of toughness. So not sure why you used this comparison.

Your response is extremely late, and therefore does not count.

Sorry.

Time-Immemorial
I don't think being able to handle a gem is the best reflection of physical power for another reason as well. Consider Malekith. With the Aether (an infinity stone he wielded without any hassles) he was going to black out the entire universe. Without it, he got his ass kicked by Thor's mom.

Well remember that front line canon fodder that touched it and blew up?laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Well remember that front line canon fodder that touched it and blew up?laughing out loud

Guess that wasn't the best example I chose. But consider that Star-lord, despite having greater durability than any normal human does (most likely due to his hybrid heritage), is still one of the relatively physically weaker/less durable Guardians. Yet he showed greater resistance to the Power stone than any of the other Guardians did. This, to me, implies that the requirements to wield one of those and not blow up like a pinyata involves elements that go beyond simple conventional durability. So it isn't really the best example of measuring traditional physical power.

Time-Immemorial
I think Star Lord would have still blown up without his friends sharing the power. Thats the way it was heading.

TheVaultDweller
I think Star Lord would have still blown up without his friends sharing the power. Thats the way it was heading.

Chances are if Ronan had just kept holding the Gem instead of sticking it in his hammer he would have blown up eventually too. Point still stands though. We know someone like Drax would thrash Quill in an H2H fight, as he is a lot stronger and more durable, yet we saw that Quill handled much greater exposure to the Gem than Drax did. It seems to be more a case of possessing the right genetic markers or something, rather than having a specific level of physical toughness.

Time-Immemorial
I see what you are saying. Anyways, you ready for Fall Out 4?

TheVaultDweller
I am quite excited for it. But half the people I know keep saying that they are more interested in building up settlements than playing the main quest. laughing I prefer the simple things like running through the wastelands and knocking raiders around with a super sledge. It's like raider golf. Can't wait to to see how it plays in fallout 4.

Time-Immemorial
You can build settlements in this one?

TheVaultDweller
You can do all kinds of crazy shit in this one. They have pushed everything to a new level from Skyrim. Just check this:

nK9my4i8Acg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.