Malgus, Maul, Savage vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Can Yoda do it?

Everyone in prime except for TCW Maul

Round 1: Sabers with Augmentation (No TK)

Round 2: Force

Round 3: All Out

Total Warrior
Imo yes, yoda can do it. Savage is a weak link, and malgus and maul are not enough to beat the grand master

Selenial
Savage is a huge weak link. Way more than usual because of Yoda's stature and fighting style.

Finesse is required to fight the little green goblin, not brute strength, and that's honestly why Yoda will take all three rounds.

carthage
Yoda loses force, sabers likely Yoda.

All out: Unless the brother's have some expert synergy, and Malgus can bombard Yoda with some TK or lightning Yoda probably has a shot in a hard fight.

S_W_LeGenD
The Strike Team.

EmperorSidious2
Yoda

S_W_LeGenD
Honestly, I can expect Yoda to defeat the Brothers (or) Darth Malgus but expecting him to defeat this trio is simply too much and reeks of utter fanboysim that somehow fans of PT era overlook while criticizing those of TOR era.

Darth Malgus brings considerable powers on the table and I don't see the possibility of Yoda tanking his attacks while contending with the Brothers simultaneously. At maximum, Yoda might momentarily overwhelm the Strike Team with a powerful Force wave but this won't be a game-changer.

Trocity
But Vitiate one-shots them right?

Sinious
Since this is an all out arena type battle and not a scene from TCW, I think Yoda wins.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
You don't see any difference between Yoda and Vitiate?

Vitiate is a more specialized Force-user and is a master of powers that grant him advantage in this kind of scenario. He can literally level the entire setting with a single blast of dark side energy.

If Yoda have mastered techniques or powers that can be really effective against a Strike Team, kindly let me know.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Honestly, I can expect Yoda to defeat the Brothers (or) Darth Malgus but expecting him to defeat this trio is simply too much and reeks of utter fanboysim that somehow fans of PT era overlook while criticizing those of TOR era.

Darth Malgus brings considerable powers on the table and I don't see the possibility of Yoda tanking his attacks while contending with the Brothers simultaneously. At maximum, Yoda might momentarily overwhelm the Strike Team with a powerful Force wave but this won't be a game-changer.

I surprisingly see your point of view this time it's actually plausible this time and not your fanboyism for this era. The way i see it as follows. Savage won't make any sort of difference. Yoda is far to skilled and powerful. So really this is more a Maul and Malgus vs Yoda. While it's hard to believe Malgus would ever get ragdolled, maul could. Then you have to look at the fact Yoda is the fastest guy here and the most powerful. Maul can't bring enough to pull Malgus through.

Q99
Originally posted by Selenial
Savage is a huge weak link. Way more than usual because of Yoda's stature and fighting style.

But, Savage is just a supplement, added on to two stronger figures.

We've seen Maul + Savage can hold out pretty well against a stronger foe as long as they don't get separated. He did make a difference against Sids in the saber portion.

Think of Savage as a tool to make sure the other two don't have to deal with Yoda solo. And to make Yoda have to spend more energy than he would normally.

I do think he adds to the odds here.

ares834
Originally posted by Trocity

laughing out loud

Sinious
Originally posted by Q99
But, Savage is just a supplement, added on to two stronger figures.

We've seen Maul + Savage can hold out pretty well against a stronger foe as long as they don't get separated. He did make a difference against Sids in the saber portion.

Think of Savage as a tool to make sure the other two don't have to deal with Yoda solo. And to make Yoda have to spend more energy than he would normally.

I do think he adds to the odds here. Sidious humiliated the brothers. What are you talking about?

ares834
I never got the sense that he "humiliated" them. He is clearly the superior combatant but the Brothers put forth a valiant effort and even managed to get a few licks of their own in.

Sinious
I personally find that more crushing as a victory than the ones that last shorter due to power level difference for example Vitiate vs Revan. Vitiate managed to overwhelm him with one strike but before that he failed to control the fight without serious effort where Sidious was enjoying himself and was in control of the entirety of his fight with the brothers.

ares834
Well Revan knocked Vitate on his ass multiple times so yeah...

Sinious
Exactly, that's cause Vitiate approached Revan with the same mentally Sidious had when he faced the brothers. Sidious managed to keep the fight going as much as he wanted to and ended it whenever he wanted to. The dominance there does support the idea of how vastly superior he is to them and not the opposite. Since Yoda is kinda equal to ROTS Sidious, he should also be able to humiliate the brothers on their own. Though with Malgus added, I guess a case been be made for the team.

ares834
Sorry I completely disagree with the notion that Palpatine could have ended the fight whenever he wanted.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Sorry I completely disagree with the notion that Palpatine could have ended the fight whenever he wanted. thumb up

Sinious
Sorry I completely disagree with the notion that Palpatine could have ended the fight whenever he wanted. He could send them back with TK then kill them with lightning or something to end them. He could also separate them easily like he actually did and then kill them one at a time in seconds. So perhaps thats not instant but it still falls into "Whenever he wants to" category. This is of course after he decides to dual them. If he was going in for a short fight then we wouldn't even see a dual.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Of course you agree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Of course you agree. I often agree with common sense.

red8
Sorry I completely disagree with the notion that Palpatine could have ended the fight whenever he wanted.

thumb down

Sidious was definitely toying with them.

ares834
Toying=/=kill at anytime

red8
Toying=/=kill at anytime

lol, it actually does.

When a cat play (toys) with its food, it can kill its prey at any time.

ares834
Lol, no it actually doesn't.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/toying

"To amuse oneself; play"

Nai
Originally posted by Q99
He did make a difference against Sids in the saber portion.

Emphasis mine.
We have seen that Sidious was capable of ragdolling the brothers at once with the Force. The saber portion of the fight just happened because Sidious wanted it to happen. He could have just killed the brothers with his force powers. And Yoda is, at the very least, his equal in force powers.

Yoda wouldn't kill the brothers, though. But it illustrates quite nicely that, in a contest of force abilities, the two Zabraks would be nothing but bystanders.

And in sabers? Let's face it: Yoda could handle the attacks of three Jedi Masters (one of them being Depa Billaba), without even bothering to ignite his own weapon and without bothering to move much. In fact, reading the description of that particular lesson once again, it now appears to me, like Yoda did to the trio what Valkorion was doing to Arcann. Just using the Force to make himself untouchable by their sabers.

Still, that probably means that none of the trio would be capable of touching Yoda with a lightsaber. So how do they win?

They would need to attack in a really coordinated fashion in order to take Yoda down. But this would involve (just as example) Malgus attacking Yoda with the Force while the brother launch a melee attack on him. And I don't see that working out for the trio, mainly because I don't see Malgus above Dooku level in terms of force abilities. And Yoda was very well capable of dealing with Dooku in terms of force powers - almost casually. So even if Malgus attacks him with the Force, chances are that one of the brothers will be on the receiving end of such an attack (e.g. deflected Force Lightning). And if they close in, Yoda would tool them with his lightsaber - or just ragdoll them with the Force.

So it really comes down to Yoda vs. Malgus after a while (imho), and the Sith won't win that one, even if Yoda has to deal with the brothers first.

carthage
Well in the novel it states that he dealt with his Dooku's lightning "with difficulty". And Malgus in terms of force feats is at the very least comparable to Dooku in terms of force power. Savage and Maul also have much better synergy that the Jedi masters, and together they can at least give a challenge.

Its a good fight for sure, though.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus is definitely better then Count Dooku.

The_Tempest
I never got the sense that he "humiliated" them. He is clearly the superior combatant but the Brothers put forth a valiant effort and even managed to get a few licks of their own in.

? Aren't you of the opinion that Obi-Wan legitimately beat these two on Florrum due to superior ability?

This is tantamount to putting Obi-Wan pretty close to Sidious and we know Obi-Wan doesn't even register.

ares834

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.