Colossus vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This isn't DCNU Midnighter. This is him before the reboot. Who wins? No door for Mids.

StiltmanFTW
What feats Original Midnighter had against Colossus-lv bricks?

DarkSaint85
Not sure Mids can do anything to Colossus....

StiltmanFTW
Yeah.

DCnU version may suck, but at least he busted MM's nose. And while it's more of a low showing for MM than a high one for Nighter, it's something at least.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What feats Original Midnighter had against Colossus-lv bricks?

He tanked punches from Apollo (then later used a BS way to attack him, namely his eardrums):
http://i.imgur.com/ndJSYcC.jpg

And could over head press a skyscraper sized monster's jaws open (zoom in, he's in the mouth)

http://i.imgur.com/pITcGTv.png

Scoobless
He nutpunted young Hitler.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He tanked punches from Apollo (then later used a BS way to attack him, namely his eardrums):
http://i.imgur.com/ndJSYcC.jpg

And could over head press a skyscraper sized monster's jaws open (zoom in, he's in the mouth)

http://i.imgur.com/pITcGTv.png

How strong is Apollo?

The monster looks like it has weak jaw muscles stick out tongue What biting feats did it have?

DarkSaint85
How strong is Apollo?

The monster looks like it has weak jaw muscles stick out tongue What biting feats did it have?

Apollo was Majestic class:
http://imgur.com/GVIetzi

As for that monster...*shrug* generic monster of the day.

KingD19
Apollo was stated by her to be Majestic class. But he wasn't imo. His feats don't suggest that.

Midnighter gets hit eventually, especially since Colossus is actually pretty fast armored up. And he can take a few hits, but not multiple, and busting the Tin Man's eardrums won't work so...

StiltmanFTW
Overall power lv is one thing. It's not said to be specifically strength lv.

KingD19
Majestic-class would mean he's doing stuff like moving planets, building hyper advanced weapons in nanoseconds, scrapping with Superman and stuff like that though right? As in Mr. Majestic?

wuleecat
I want Midnighter to win because I miss the pre-DCNU version a lot, but I can't remember him beating an opponent of Colossus-levels without using the door. Assuming he's allowed his staff and his mental battle-computer at optimum speed, so what? What advantages are they going to have against the guy who is not only made of organic steel but who is a veteran fighter and who has gone up against much, much tougher opposition than Midnighter? Midnighter gets in quite a few stylish and vicious attacks, but ultimately he gets tagged and then smacked around pretty badly, I think.

Zack M
Yeah.

DCnU version may suck, but at least he busted MM's nose. And while it's more of a low showing for MM than a high one for Nighter, it's something at least.

DCnU Midnighter doesn't suck. He has insane speed showing, edged out Grayson, and defeated a Red Lantern, not to mention almost killing MM by finding his weak spot.

StiltmanFTW
Dick: So, you know Nightwing's moves. Tell me, do you know Robin's...?

*BAM* *WHAM* *SOCK* *FAP* *PUNCH* *KICK*

Midnighter: Aaaaaaargh!!!

--
Dick: *pummels and chokes MN* I probably couldn't take you in a fair fight. P r o b a b l y.

Digi
Originally posted by wuleecat
I want Midnighter to win because I miss the pre-DCNU version a lot, but I can't remember him beating an opponent of Colossus-levels without using the door. Assuming he's allowed his staff and his mental battle-computer at optimum speed, so what? What advantages are they going to have against the guy who is not only made of organic steel but who is a veteran fighter and who has gone up against much, much tougher opposition than Midnighter? Midnighter gets in quite a few stylish and vicious attacks, but ultimately he gets tagged and then smacked around pretty badly, I think.

Against pre-DCNU, my only qualm here is when you say "he gets tagged." Make no mistake; Midnighter could avoid being tagged indefinitely. His hours-long stalemate with Zealot, a MUCH more skilled fighter than Colossus, is ample evidence of this. Does Colossus get tired?

Also, aren't Colossus's eyes weak points? Or not anymore? If they are, this fight swings instantly to MNer. If they're not weak points, I agree that there may not be a way for MNer to harm him significantly.

carver9
His eyes is as durable as his skin.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Digi
Also, aren't Colossus's eyes weak points?

Only in the Ultimate Universe.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
Against pre-DCNU, my only qualm here is when you say "he gets tagged." Make no mistake; Midnighter could avoid being tagged indefinitely. His hours-long stalemate with Zealot, a MUCH more skilled fighter than Colossus, is ample evidence of this. Does Colossus get tired?

Also, aren't Colossus's eyes weak points? Or not anymore? If they are, this fight swings instantly to MNer. If they're not weak points, I agree that there may not be a way for MNer to harm him significantly.

Colossus doesn't really get tired in his armoured form. He doesn't even need to breathe or eat. And no, eyes are not a weak point in 616.

Zack M
Dick: So, you know Nightwing's moves. Tell me, do you know Robin's...?

*BAM* *WHAM* *SOCK* *FAP* *PUNCH* *KICK*

Midnighter: Aaaaaaargh!!!

--
Dick: *pummels and chokes MN* I probably couldn't take you in a fair fight. P r o b a b l y.

Midnighter is still faster and stronger. Plus the whole battle computer.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
He doesn't even need to breathe

Are you sure of that? Scans?

I remember him being afraid of surviving in space without the suit.

Juggernaut is one of the few popular brick-type characters that truly doesn't need to.

Kid Kurdy
Colossus, in his metal form, doesn't need to breathe. He has no real weaknesses.

Nusa105
Colossus

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Colossus, in his metal form, doesn't need to breathe. He has no real weaknesses.

How would you know? You are as far from being an X-Men expert as carver is from becoming a nuclear scientist.

Kid Kurdy
How would you know? You are as far from being an X-Men expert as carver is from becoming a nuclear scientist.
?

I have absolutely no idea what you're babbling about, I've read probably more comics (American, Asian and European) than you, so get off your high horse.

This being said, the Colossus stuff is basic knowledge. No need being an X-Men expert.

-Pr-

Not jumping on the bandwagon, but genuinely curious as to who the Colossus, or even general X-Men people on this board are. Bar me and you I mean. There were more, but I see them so rarely nowadays.

KingD19
Yo.

StiltmanFTW
I've read probably more comics (American, Asian and European) than you, so get off your high horse.

http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Thanks, I needed that.

This being said, the Colossus stuff is basic knowledge. No need being an X-Men expert.

No, it's not. It's been discussed in many threads back in the day.

Fact - in the classic Claremont era, Colossus was scared of not being able to survive in vacuum after his space suit got torn apart.

Then there is this contradicting that:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38919/1066173-colossus_can_breathe_underwater.jpg

Inconsistent, that's what it is.

Not jumping on the bandwagon, but genuinely curious as to who the Colossus, or even general X-Men people on this board are. Bar me and you I mean. There were more, but I see them so rarely nowadays.

King definitely is. Juggernaut74, too. Colossus' respect thread has the most replies of them all and is #3 when it comes to views.

You are right, there were many more. We had quite a few Wolverine and Emma Frost fans, for example. Not anymore.

KingD19
His power description as well as a few examples show he doesn't need to breathe, although for some reason space is bad for him. It's weird.

Sin I AM

Thanks, I needed that.

Fact - in the classic Claremont era, Colossus was scared of not being able to survive in vacuum after his space suit got torn apart.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38919/1066173-colossus_can_breathe_underwater.jpg

King definitely is. Juggernaut74, too. Colossus' respect thread has the most replies of them all and is #3 when it comes to views.

You are right, there were many more. We had quite a few Wolverine and Emma Frost fans, for example. Not anymore.

Isn't that an alt universe colossus?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Isn't that an alt universe colossus?

Miiiiiiiight be. I'll be honest, I found the scan on comicvine - and they are known for using non-canon scans, like from comics based on the X-Men cartoon from nineties and stuff like that...

Hoping Pr will clarify - he's working on the revamped Colossus thread, so he should know.

Sin I AM
Miiiiiiiight be. I'll be honest, I found the scan on comicvine - and they are known for using non-canon scans, like from comics based on the X-Men cartoon from nineties and stuff like that...

Hoping Pr will clarify - he's working on the revamped Colossus thread, so he should know.

Yea im pretty sure that was an alt universe colossus and thw reason he depowered was some mutant lose power device.

DarkSaint85
He was depowered by Mags. The others all had breathing gear, but noooooooo Colossus doesn't need to breathe!

Well look who's laughing now, Russkie!!!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He was depowered by Mags. The others all had breathing gear, but noooooooo Colossus doesn't need to breathe!

Well look who's laughing now, Russkie!!!

Werent they all depowered in that scene? Colossus just realized it first

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
Yo.

thumb up

Yea im pretty sure that was an alt universe colossus and thw reason he depowered was some mutant lose power device.

Pretty sure it's canon, but I'll double check.

Edit: It's UXM 150. So yes, canon. The first of quite a few mentions of "i don't breathe in armoured form" mentions.

Thanks, I needed that.

I might be looking for opinions before I post it, as I want to make sure I didn't leave anything out. i'm on 2014 now, so almost at the end.

Sin I AM
Thx pr..couldve sworn that was an alt colossus. Iirc did he breathe in space during breakworld?

-Pr-
Thx pr..couldve sworn that was an alt colossus. Iirc did he breathe in space during breakworld?

Not that I recall. Though it's not just a space thing; Colossus supposedly doesn't breathe at all in metal form, whether in an atmosphere or not.

Supposedly it's the vacuum itself, not the lack of oxygen that affects his skin. Might be the temperature or something, though he's been shown in space without gear on at least once recently, during the X-Force books.

http://s3d1.turboimg.net/t/24401142_4913974.jpg

I honestly don't know what it is about space that makes it different. He has no problem being underwater for example.

juggernaut74
http://i.imgur.com/4k4YT0M.jpg

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Pretty sure it's canon, but I'll double check.

Edit: It's UXM 150. So yes, canon. The first of quite a few mentions of "i don't breathe in armoured form" mentions.

Thanks.

I might be looking for opinions before I post it, as I want to make sure I didn't leave anything out. i'm on 2014 now, so almost at the end.

thumb up

Be sure to include stuff like Gillen answering the question about Colossusnaut... some argue about that (looking at you, King), but he made it clear that bald Colossus w/o the helmet was operating at normal power levels, IIRC. That way we can use feats like his fight against Rhodes.

Narrator from pre-Whedon Astonishing X-Men (Apocalypse arc) mentioned Colossus was able to stalemate Thing and Thor in the past. Very nice, even if it falls into "unseen + untold tales" category.

-Pr-
Thanks.

thumb up

Be sure to include stuff like Gillen answering the question about Colossusnaut... some argue about that (looking at you, King), but he made it clear that bald Colossus w/o the helmet was operating at normal power levels, IIRC. That way we can use feats like his fight against Rhodes.

Narrator from pre-Whedon Astonishing X-Men (Apocalypse arc) mentioned Colossus was able to stalemate Thing and Thor in the past. Very nice, even if it falls into "unseen + untold tales" category.

I had thought the whole "helmetless" thing was blatantly obvious. He took damage in his steel form a couple of times, then transformed in to the Juggernaut and he was almost magically healed.

Or literally healed by magic.

The Twelve? Or the stupid one with Gambit becoming Death?

This is good stuff either way; I don't want to leave anything out.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
http://i.imgur.com/4k4YT0M.jpg

Yeah that's one of the few i'd collected before seeing that the handbooks themselves say he doesn't need to breathe.

leonidas
it might take a long time but pete wins in the end. if there is an environment to use, it might help one or the other. pete has thunderclapped, but not sure how effectively. ripping chunks of ground or toppling buildings might help, and doubtful the debris would help mn all that much....

StiltmanFTW
I had thought the whole "helmetless" thing was blatantly obvious. He took damage in his steel form a couple of times, then transformed in to the Juggernaut and he was almost magically healed.

Or literally healed by magic.

The Twelve? Or the stupid one with Gambit becoming Death?

This is good stuff either way; I don't want to leave anything out.

For some posters, it's not. Believe me, I've read/posted in enough Vs threads here, seen it. Some could say he had an access to a portion of Juggernaut power even while helmetless. That's why that quote from Gillen would be nice (don't remember if he posted it on formspring or somewhere else). I'm familiar with the instance you're referring to. Mini-celestials controlled by Sinister, right? Same issue in which diamond Emma lost her arm?

The Twelve, the Twelve. When Wolverine was Death. Colossus punches Wolverine from behind, Wolverine gets up, that's when the narrator states that.

Are you planning special sections for Colossusnaut / Phoenixlossusnaut / Ultimate version?

-Pr-
For some posters, it's not. Believe me, I've read/posted in enough Vs threads here, seen it. Some could say he had an access to a portion of Juggernaut power even while helmetless. That's why that quote from Gillen would be nice (don't remember if he posted it on formspring or somewhere else). I'm familiar with the instance you're referring to. Mini-celestials controlled by Sinister, right? Same issue in which diamond Emma lost her arm?

The Twelve, the Twelve. When Wolverine was Death. Colossus punches Wolverine from behind, Wolverine gets up, that's when the narrator states that.

Are you planning special sections for Colossusnaut / Phoenixlossusnaut / Ultimate version?

Yeah that one. I'll look up the quote though, as it can only help.

That sounds familiar @ Twelve. I think I have that one, but I'll double check.

I have a section planned for him in Juggernaut form, though most of it is under the guise of fights he gets in to, as he doesn't really seem to have a whole lot of feats outside of them.

Phoenix... Honestly, a lot of the shit he does is off-panel bar him and Namor beating the piss out of a downed Gladiator, so I was honestly not going to bother including it too much.

No ultimate at all. Keeping it strictly 616.

I'm also going to put some actual text at the start explaining things like his magic resistance, what he's composed of, and the whole breathing thing. Just to get rid of a lot of the ambiguity that exists about the character to people that don't read the comics much.

KingD19
I indeed argued for Colossus bald = Normal / Helmet = Juggernaut

Fighting War Machine, Storm tells him they don't need Juggernaut yet.

He was doing good against Rulk, then he transformed and started beating him down.

He got blasted by that Celestial bomb as Colossus, then he transformed and the basketball sized hole blown clean through his body was gone.

Good times. smile

-Pr-

He was doing good against Rulk, then he transformed and started beating him down.

He got blasted by that Celestial bomb as Colossus, then he transformed and the basketball sized hole blown clean through his body was gone.

Good times. smile

Yep. Which makes me surprised people would argue he had Juggernaut powers, when the guy was so blatantly trying to hold back from using it when he could.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah that one. I'll look up the quote though, as it can only help.

That sounds familiar @ Twelve. I think I have that one, but I'll double check.

I have a section planned for him in Juggernaut form, though most of it is under the guise of fights he gets in to, as he doesn't really seem to have a whole lot of feats outside of them.

Phoenix... Honestly, a lot of the shit he does is off-panel bar him and Namor beating the piss out of a downed Gladiator, so I was honestly not going to bother including it too much.

No ultimate at all. Keeping it strictly 616.

I'm also going to put some actual text at the start explaining things like his magic resistance, what he's composed of, and the whole breathing thing. Just to get rid of a lot of the ambiguity that exists about the character to people that don't read the comics much.

It was posted many times, here, on KMC. Ask around. Probably had it saved on my laptop, but it died. Never buying another MSI product. What a piece of shit.

I really did not like Thor owning Colossus in the X-Force series, one of the reasons I'm mentioning the narrator statement.

He had a couple of nice invulnerability feats in AvX Vs, against Rulk and Thing. Thunderclap used against Spidey. You most likely have all of that already.

Yeah, P5 hasn't really done much. Beating Thor with Magik's help and smashing Pete's face - while holding back - were nice. So much for the famous Firelord-buster stick out tongue

Good. So it won't be like the original thread, which was a mix.

thumb up Make sure to explain his strength level, too. Going from Class 70 to Class 100, mental blocks preventing him from using his full potential, etc.

-Pr-
It was posted many times, here, on KMC. Ask around. Probably had it saved on my laptop, but it died. Never buying another MSI product. What a piece of shit.

I really did not like Thor owning Colossus in the X-Force series, one of the reasons I'm mentioning the narrator statement.

He had a couple of nice invulnerability feats in AvX Vs, against Rulk and Thing. Thunderclap used against Spidey. You most likely have all of that already.

Yeah, P5 hasn't really done much. Beating Thor with Magik's help and smashing Pete's face - while holding back - were nice. So much for the famous Firelord-buster stick out tongue

Good. So it won't be like the original thread, which was a mix.

thumb up Make sure to explain his strength level, too. Going from Class 70 to Class 100, mental blocks preventing him from using his full potential, etc.

lol MSI is good... Sometimes. I found a link to his formspring, and it seems I even read it way back when, but the link no longer works.

He still took some mjolnir shots and wasn't put down. that's something at least.

indeedily I doodily.

all colossus did while amped was hold back. as juggy and as p5, everytime you saw him he was doubting his power or playing nice. it was strange to see so much of his personality shine through when the other four were being such massive pricks. well, besides namor. he's just like that.

Oh, I plan to. There are at least two major jumps he makes, and those have to be taken in to account. What do you mean by mental blocks though? Are you talking about Colossus Bloodline or something else?

KingD19
One upgrade was when Magneto healed him, wasn't it? After he got hit with the scythe. Iirc, he got bigger, and he was so much stronger that he was destroying everything he touched on accident.

-Pr-
One upgrade was when Magneto healed him, wasn't it? After he got hit with the scythe. Iirc, he got bigger, and he was so much stronger that he was destroying everything he touched on accident.

It was the Morlock attack, aye.

The second is when he was brought back from the dead. Colossus was stated several times as getting stronger as he got older, and with the years passing between his death and his recovery by the X-Men, that has to be considered a sort of upgrade too imo.

StiltmanFTW
lol MSI is good... Sometimes. I found a link to his formspring, and it seems I even read it way back when, but the link no longer works.

He still took some mjolnir shots and wasn't put down. that's something at least.

indeedily I doodily.

all colossus did while amped was hold back. as juggy and as p5, everytime you saw him he was doubting his power or playing nice. it was strange to see so much of his personality shine through when the other four were being such massive pricks. well, besides namor. he's just like that.

Oh, I plan to. There are at least two major jumps he makes, and those have to be taken in to account. What do you mean by mental blocks though? Are you talking about Colossus Bloodline or something else?

Emphasis on sometimes. When their laptop stops booting after warranty time and no tech guy can fix it despite ordering the parts and shit, I cannot help but be pissed durhulk

He did. But he didn't land any hits iirc, he should have. Piotr has impressed Wolverine once or twice with his speed - something that Thor hasn't done. Remind me, who was writing that series?

I'm talking about the time when he had a hard time in Danger Room. Fairly early Claremont stuff, can look for the issue number later, but you'll probably figure out what I'm talking about. Wolverine breaks the controls, enters the Danger Room and motivates Piotr to use his full strength, preventing the automatic walls from smashing them.

There were many other issues in which Piotr had trouble believing in himself. Once he got confident, he did stuff like going hth with Magneto (the erupting volcano fight), not giving him time to act - for a brief time with team's help, but still a major improvement over his previous performance against Magnus.

-Pr-
Emphasis on sometimes. When their laptop stops booting after warranty time and no tech guy can fix it despite ordering the parts and shit, I cannot help but be pissed durhulk

He did. But he didn't land any hits iirc, he should have. Piotr has impressed Wolverine once or twice with his speed - something that Thor hasn't done. Remind me, who was writing that series?

I'm talking about the time when he had a hard time in Danger Room. Fairly early Claremont stuff, can look for the issue number later, but you'll probably figure out what I'm talking about. Wolverine breaks the controls, enters the Danger Room and motivates Piotr to use his full strength, preventing the automatic walls from smashing them.

There were many other issues in which Piotr had trouble believing in himself. Once he got confident, he did stuff like going hth with Magneto (the erupting volcano fight), not giving him time to act - for a brief time with team's help, but still a major improvement over his previous performance against Magnus.

if it's a laptop, you're better off just pulling the hard drive. replacing laptop parts is bleh. more trouble than it's worth tbh.

Dennis Hopeless was his name, funnily enough. And yeah, Pete should have at least got a few licks in.

Oh I remember that issue. It was when he was doubting his strength and his usefulness to the team etc.

The volcano one? it sounds familiar...

StiltmanFTW
if it's a laptop, you're better off just pulling the hard drive. replacing laptop parts is bleh. more trouble than it's worth tbh.

Dennis Hopeless was his name, funnily enough. And yeah, Pete should have at least got a few licks in.

Oh I remember that issue. It was when he was doubting his strength and his usefulness to the team etc.

The volcano one? it sounds familiar...

Yes, I've learned it the hard way. Didn't need to spend any cash, as the computer scientist dude was betting he could do make it work again and took full responsibility. It was a waste of time, though.

laughing out loud Hopeless indeed... didn't like Colossus failing to even dent the vibranium vault door, either.

Yes. He considered himself the least useful X-Man for a while and all that.

It should. X-Men went into hiding, believed to be dead after that fight. Here's a panel from it, should refresh your memory:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11352/486285-maggoesh2hwithcolossus9xs.jpg

-Pr-
Yes, I've learned it the hard way. Didn't need to spend any cash, as the computer scientist dude was betting he could do make it work again and took full responsibility. It was a waste of time, though.

laughing out loud Hopeless indeed... didn't like Colossus failing to even dent the vibranium vault door, either.

Yes. He considered himself the least useful X-Man for a while and all that.

It should. X-Men went into hiding, believed to be dead after that fight. Here's a panel from it, should refresh your memory:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11352/486285-maggoesh2hwithcolossus9xs.jpg

Sorry to hear that.

Eh, that one I didn't mind. It's vibranium.

It's a shame that every time a writer shows him growing up and dealing with his shit, another writer drags him back down.

Ah that one. Yeah I think I saved that one.

StiltmanFTW
Pure vibranium has been broken before. It's not that tough. By the likes of Protocide, Collective Man or Colossus himself. What I'm saying is, I realize the vault door was probably thick as hell and all, but Colossus should be able to do some minor dents, if not more.

At least he banged Domino in that book. Or did they just kiss once and nothing more? I've only skimmed through the first few issues.

Piotr hit Magneto with enough force to rip a normal guy's head off. It was a pretty good showing for both of them. Colossus actually contributing to the fight, despite being made out of metal, and Magneto showing he can be dangerous even in melee confrontations.

-Pr-
Pure vibranium has been broken before. It's not that tough. By the likes of Protocide, Collective Man or Colossus himself. What I'm saying is, I realize the vault door was probably thick as hell and all, but Colossus should be able to do some minor dents, if not more.

At least he banged Domino in that book. Or did they just kiss once and nothing more? I've only skimmed through the first few issues.

Piotr hit Magneto with enough force to rip a normal guy's head off. It was a pretty good showing for both of them. Colossus actually contributing to the fight, despite being made out of metal, and Magneto showing he can be dangerous even in melee confrontations.

I know he broke the shackles, unless there's another instance? TBH though, I'm not surprised. Writers contradict Colossus' abilities a LOT.

no, they banged. She likes it when he's metal too, so that's got to be a durability feat for her too. They even had the start of a relationship brewing to the point that they had date nights.

Yeah it was a really nice scene, especially like you said about how colossus was usually more of a hindrance than a help against magneto.

StiltmanFTW
Garokk's shackles, yes.

laughing Domino seems to love guys with a lot of metal. Cable, Wolverine, Colossus...

You have that striking power feat when Colossus broke some barrier in the fake hell that withstood attacks from Dr. Strange, Wolverine and Storm?

StiltmanFTW

He's no-sold Riptide's blades after Mags' upgrade smile

The other upgrade was him simply growing up, I believe stick out tongue

-Pr-
Garokk's shackles, yes.

laughing Domino seems to love guys with a lot of metal. Cable, Wolverine, Colossus...

You have that striking power feat when Colossus broke some barrier in the fake hell that withstood attacks from Dr. Strange, Wolverine and Storm?

They're so gruff. She likes gruff I guess.

Yep, though it annoyed me that I couldn't get better resolution scans of some of the stuff.

My plan is, once it's done, to upload it to one of those free message boards so I can work out the formatting and such before I post it here. If you want, I can send you the link once it's (eventually) ready. then I can see if I left anything out.

StiltmanFTW
Can be pretty hard at times to find decent quality scans, especially of old comics. Not to mention missing pages and shit, now that's annoying.

Sure, will be glad to help.

-Pr-
Can be pretty hard at times to find decent quality scans, especially of old comics. Not to mention missing pages and shit, now that's annoying.

Sure, will be glad to help.

Aye. I did manage to, thank ****, find really good quality versions of the old uncanny and adjectiveless issues. Saved me a whole lot of trouble.

Cool, thanks.

Facee
Let me know if you guys need any scans. I have all the old uncanny stuff in a hard drive.

meep-meep
Colossus would tear Midnighter apart.

Mindset
Originally posted by meep-meep
Colossus would tear Midnighter apart. Nah.

http://i63.tinypic.com/6jezj5.gif

-Pr-
Originally posted by Facee
Let me know if you guys need any scans. I have all the old uncanny stuff in a hard drive.

I'm good for Uncanny, but if there's one thing I need, it's handbooks. Any Colossus entry after 2005 would be really helpful, if anyone in the thread has it.

Assuming it even exists.

StiltmanFTW
Searched a bit. Seems like there was only one X-Men specific handbook after 2005 - the Phoenix Force one. Colossus is not listed in it or at least that's what comicvine & marvel database say.

Maybe A-Z handbook from 2006 or the updated one from 2007 has him?

-Pr-
Searched a bit. Seems like there was only one X-Men specific handbook after 2005 - the Phoenix Force one. Colossus is not listed in it or at least that's what comicvine & marvel database say.

The 2006 one just tells me to go back to the 2005 one, which I have.

Don't have the 2007 one, but i'll look.

juggernaut74
If you look through the respect thread you'll find the most recent 3 page handbook entry from the hardcover scanned by snoopdogg.

StiltmanFTW
This one?

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Don't think I've ever posted Colossus entire bio from the All-New handbook hardcover series so here it is:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossus.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossus2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/CopyofColossus333.jpg
(Class 100 smile )

-Pr-
That's pretty much exactly what I needed. Thanks guys.

StiltmanFTW
No problem thumb up

Few random feats, btw:

- Colossus actually tagging Deadpool and doing better than other X-Men present, including Cyclops (Daniel Way's Deadpool book)
- Wolverine and Colossus getting revenge on a Knight of Hykon after knights had their invulnerability removed, Colossus knocking him out eventually with a surprise dive-bomb attack (Uncanny X-Men First Class)
- Wolverine admitting he could use Colossus' help while fighting groups of armed cultists of Ba'al (Wolverine v2 #14)
- Wolverine praising Colossus' durability, saying he doesn't think the Hulk could even dent his armor (X-Men vs. the Hulk one-shot)

StiltmanFTW
Ohhh and the recent "fight" against Crossbones sure was nice.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Mindset
Nah.

http://i63.tinypic.com/6jezj5.gif

Lol. Your a funny guy, pal.

I have to learn how to post images and gifs here...I could add to the ridiculousness.

juggernaut74

Good times. smile That is correct.

Also I did see the the question answered several times on Formspring. He stated that the Cyttorak powers affected Piotr differently than Cain. He also stated that when he's shown without the helmet, glowing eyes etc. that was regular Colossus without any Cyttorak without any enhancement. There may have even been a link posted in the thread but good luck finding it.

-Pr-
No problem thumb up

Few random feats, btw:

- Colossus actually tagging Deadpool and doing better than other X-Men present, including Cyclops (Daniel Way's Deadpool book)
- Wolverine and Colossus getting revenge on a Knight of Hykon after knights had their invulnerability removed, Colossus knocking him out eventually with a surprise dive-bomb attack (Uncanny X-Men First Class)
- Wolverine admitting he could use Colossus' help while fighting groups of armed cultists of Ba'al (Wolverine v2 #14)
- Wolverine praising Colossus' durability, saying he doesn't think the Hulk could even dent his armor (X-Men vs. the Hulk one-shot)

That the one where Deadpool tries to headbutt him, only for it to go badly?
Have that one I think.
Not sure I have that one, or maybe I missed it.
I know I have that one.

Ohhh and the recent "fight" against Crossbones sure was nice.

Don't think I'm that far yet.

That is correct.

Also I did see the the question answered several times on Formspring. He stated that the Cyttorak powers affected Piotr differently than Cain. He also stated that when he's shown without the helmet, glowing eyes etc. that was regular Colossus without any Cyttorak without any enhancement. There may have even been a link posted in the thread but good luck finding it.

Yeah the link is broken sadly.

KingD19
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/LordHuck/1926373-deadpool_18_ouch%20colossus_zpsf6l8fmhq.jpg

StiltmanFTW
That the one where Deadpool tries to headbutt him, only for it to go badly?

Yes, that's the one. He later shocks Colossus with his Freddy Krueger mug and spits blood in his face... laughing out loud

Have that one I think.

thumb up While beating depowered Knights wasn't some uber feat, it was sure nice to see the X-Men put them in their place, considering they were assholes.

Not sure I have that one, or maybe I missed it.

It's something that could go into "random Colossus respecting" section or whatever you would call it. Not sure if you want to include stuff like that, but I'm posting it anyway, just in case. Here's the scene:

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404613_cr1.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404614_cr2.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404612_cr3.jpg

Third page - This is taking way too long. Hate to say it, but I sure could use Colossus about now. stick out tongue

I know I have that one.

thumb up

That one-shot also described Colossus' metal form as boosting his speed.

Don't think I'm that far yet.

From Amazing X-Men #17:

Gotta give Crossbones credit, he tried. Also fist time I've seen bullets bounce off Colossus' face so that's cool. I guess his eyes are bullet proof.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/22470444_Amazing_X-Men_2013-_017-009.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/22470451_Amazing_X-Men_2013-_017-010.jpg

Yeah the link is broken sadly.

Bummer. We should make sure to take a screenshot next time anything noteworthy on formspring shows up.

-Pr-
Yeah I didn't have the Wolverine one. I was going by the comicbook db list, so I either missed it, or it wasn't on it if Colossus wasn't actually shown in the book.

I think I have a few scans that state he gets a boost in his metal form, so hopefully i'm covered.

StiltmanFTW
He was just mentioned, yes.

Damn. Looks like a pretty great site, had no idea about it. Very easy to skim through characters' appearances. Comicvine used to be good at it, too, but nowadays... probably not.

-Pr-
He was just mentioned, yes.

Damn. Looks like a pretty great site, had no idea about it. Very easy to skim through characters' appearances. Comicvine used to be good at it, too, but nowadays... probably not.

Ah okay.

Yeah, and you can get it chronologically too, which was really helpful.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks for telling me that, haven't noticed at first. Will definitely be using it.

Facee

Wait, I have all those handbooks in another hard drive. I'll search for it soon and report back with what I find.

Edit: Never mind just saw pr's post.

-Pr-
Thanks for telling me that, haven't noticed at first. Will definitely be using it.

it really helped me keep things in order too. The list isn't perfect. Some issues are missing. but it's a very small amount as far as I can tell.

Originally posted by Facee
Wait, I have all those handbooks in another hard drive. I'll search for it soon and report back with what I find.

thanks man thumb up

juggernaut74
You can find all of the handbooks Colossus appeared in the old thread too.

It's about time somebody redoes the thread for Colossus. That thing is a mess.

After scouring the internet I did find these in you need anything

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=2189.0

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=192870

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/31sz99/respect_piotr_rasputin_colossus_marvel_616/?

-Pr-
You can find all of the handbooks Colossus appeared in the old thread too.

It's about time somebody redoes the thread for Colossus. That thing is a mess.

After scouring the internet I did find these in you need anything

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=2189.0

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=192870

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/31sz99/respect_piotr_rasputin_colossus_marvel_616/?

I had all of the older ones, I just needed something more modern.

Thanks for the links. I use threads like that as checklists to make sure I didn't leave anything out.

I *think* I've got most stuff, though.

juggernaut74

You're talking about the opening scene in Uncanny X-Men #122? If so you are correct Colossus was going through a time of self doubt and wasn't really giving his all.

In the issue before that was the one where he was fighting Sasquatch and not doing all that well until Cyclops told him to stop f*cking around, once he did that the tide of the fight turned into Colossus' favor. In fact the last panel of the fight Colossus has Sasquatch on the ground while he was pounding on him.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, it was issue 122.

Scott told him to use his brain. Then Piotr used judo that Cyclops taught him. Yes, that's when he started getting an advantage.

Going off-topic for a sec. How many martial arts is Cyke familiar with, aside from judo and aikido, Pr?

juggernaut74
I'm thinking Pr should add a human section for Colossus in the new thread. He's got some good showings in human form.

-Pr-
Yeah, it was issue 122.

Scott told him to use his brain. Then Piotr used judo that Cyclops taught him. Yes, that's when he started getting an advantage.

Going off-topic for a sec. How many martial arts is Cyke familiar with, aside from judo and aikido, Pr?

afaik those are the only two mentioned by name. Though he's shown evidence of at least learning other fighting styles, namely his blind fight, and his fight in prison.

and it's a huge part of the early Claremont colossus stuff, this whole attitude of "brawn is nothing without brains". You can tell right from the outset that Claremont wanted Piotr to be a different kind of brick.

I'm thinking Pr should add a human section for Colossus in the new thread. He's got some good showings in human form.

Initially I wasn't too pushed about it, but with the t-rex feat and a couple of others, it would have been silly to leave them out.

juggernaut74

Initially I wasn't too pushed about it, but with the t-rex feat and a couple of others, it would have been silly to leave them out. I think it would be cool. Others that come to mind was him impressing Beast with his strength while he was holding him, hitting a baseball and almost hitting a plane, with one hand throwing Proteus a long distance, clearing a bar of gansters using some nice H2H skills, taking a hit to the back of the head with a piece of steel.

-Pr-
I think it would be cool. Others that come to mind was him impressing Beast with his strength while he was holding him, hitting a baseball and almost hitting a plane, with one hand throwing Proteus a long distance, clearing a bar of gansters using some nice H2H skills, taking a hit to the back of the head with a piece of steel.

There was also a small fight in a diner in an issue of uncanny a while back. Nice enough feat. I thought the baseball one was in steel form though?

juggernaut74
Nope, he was human form when he did this.

http://i.imgur.com/5pDV6ja.jpg

-Pr-
oh ok. was thinking of a different instance.

StiltmanFTW
The (mainly off-panel) X-Men fight against Abomination should be included, too.

"The steel guy bashed Abomination's face in" one stick out tongue

juggernaut74
The Hulk clan blows their nuts up when you mentioned that.

I think it's a cool feat.

StiltmanFTW
The beatings he's given Rockslide were fun, too. Happened like three times at least.

Do you have the scan(s) of Strong Guy being called a third-rate Colossus?

juggernaut74
No.

But Jubilee was the one who said it iirc.

-Pr-
The (mainly off-panel) X-Men fight against Abomination should be included, too.

"The steel guy bashed Abomination's face in" one stick out tongue

you wouldn't happen to have an issue number on that, would you?

The beatings he's given Rockslide were fun, too. Happened like three times at least.

Do you have the scan(s) of Strong Guy being called a third-rate Colossus?

yeah, those no-selling of explosions were always good too.

StiltmanFTW
you wouldn't happen to have an issue number on that, would you?

No clue, as I never read it.

Snoopdogg said it's from Marvel Team-Up #22.

Here are the scans, might help you tracking down the ish:

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38523/955002-colossusvsabomination1.jpg
2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38523/955006-colossusvsabomination2.jpg
3. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38523/955005-colossusvsabomination3.jpg

juggernaut74
I'd like to see the Strong Guy being called a 3rd rate Colossus scan again. Can't find it anywhere.

-K-M-
In the issue before that was the one where he was fighting Sasquatch and not doing all that well until Cyclops told him to stop f*cking around, once he did that the tide of the fight turned into Colossus' favor. In fact the last panel of the fight Colossus has Sasquatch on the ground while he was pounding on him.

He was not, the fighting stopped completely when the weather got out of control. From the text "enough of the fury gets through to bring the battle to a screeching halt" (Storm then rushes to calm the storm). Notice everyone was standing around and even Wolverine and Guardian were in the exact same position (same for cyclops and Northstar). We don't know what happened, but we do know the fighting stopped as per the text. More then likely since everyone else was in the exact same position except for Walter, it was an artist error and Walter should have been on the ground from the judo toss in the second last panel we see of him.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/fightending_zpsuesihfvw.png

People put way to much stock saying the "tide was turning" too. Only reason Colossus landed the judo toss as walter was being cocky. Walter being the genius is he is would allow him to do that again? Unlikely

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/judotoss_zpsygcfanqq.png

His punches were literally doing nothing earlier, don't see why they would do anything of note now even if he was hitting him while he was on the ground

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/punches_zpsv9ielbzj.png

StiltmanFTW
@Pr

From Comicbookdb:

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=44505

Issue 21, not 22.

-Pr-
@Pr

From Comicbookdb:

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=44505

Issue 21, not 22.

it's actually both stick out tongue

Originally posted by -K-M-
He was not, the fighting stopped completely when the weather got out of control. From the text "enough of the fury gets through to bring the battle to a screeching halt" (Storm then rushes to calm the storm). Notice everyone was standing around and even Wolverine and Guardian were in the exact same position (same for cyclops and Northstar). We don't know what happened, but we do know the fighting stopped as per the text

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/fightending_zpsuesihfvw.png

People put way to much stock saying the "tide was turning" too. Only reason Colossus landed the judo toss as walter was being cocky. Walter being the genius is he is would allow him to do that again? Unlikely

His punches were literally doing nothing earlier, don't see why they would do anything of note now even if he was hitting him while he was on the ground

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/punches_zpsv9ielbzj.png

Colossus still knocked him on his ass either way.

StiltmanFTW
I'd like to see the Strong Guy being called a 3rd rate Colossus scan again. Can't find it anywhere.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/933b8ed0a376b0cf4e8f807b3426c8e0/tumblr_nfe8s2ih8M1u1zyx6o1_500.jpg

StiltmanFTW
it's actually both stick out tongue

Ah. So the hospital scene happens in 22, right?

-Pr-
Ah. So the hospital scene happens in 22, right?

Yeah; that's why I missed it, as I had only read 21.

-K-M-
Colossus still knocked him on his ass either way.

By a judo toss when Walter was being cocky and treating him like a child... Is it really that impressive? erm

-Pr-
By a judo toss when Walter was being cocky and treating him like a child... Is it really that impressive? erm

shrug

It's not like he knocked him out, but cockiness can lose fights. I mean, what part of him knocking him down is so bad to you?

juggernaut74
I think he's mad Colossus dropped him again after the judo toss.

-K-M-
shrug

It's not like he knocked him out, but cockiness can lose fights. I mean, what part of him knocking him down is so bad to you?

Nothing, except it's the Colossus fans that keep saying he would have knocked him out and some huge tide was turning and was pounding him (yes, this happens regularly hence why I already had that post prepared) and putting way to much stock in a toss.

he just proved my point...

-K-M-

Clearly you didn't read the text or your choosing to ignore it which isn't the first for you

StiltmanFTW
It is an old argument, yes. I'm fed up with seeing it all the time, tbh.

We do see Walter on his knees and Piotr apparently wailing on him, though.

-K-M-
It is an old argument, yes. I'm fed up with seeing it all the time, tbh.

We do see Walter on his knees and Piotr apparently wailing on him, though.

Again the fighting stopped as per the text prior to the last panel. So everyone else stopped moving (same pose and everything) and stopped fighting yet those two kept fighting? Colossus is still in the same pose, which is more then likely the artist was supposed to have walter still on his knees from the judo toss in the second last scan.

-Pr-
TBH, I wouldn't argue that Colossus was going to win. I would say though, that he was starting to hold his own, which is in itself a decent feat.

-K-M-
TBH, I wouldn't argue that Colossus was going to win. I would say though, that he was starting to hold his own, which is in itself a decent feat.

far more logical opinion thumb up

juggernaut74
I just said the tide turned to his favor.

-K-M-
I just said the tide turned to his favor.

That would mean winning, and you said he would have won and was beating pounding Sasquatch in other threads.

Teenage Colossus was kicking oldschool Walter's @ss.

Sasquatch was getting his @ss beat in that very last scan. Or maybe it was his head but you get the point.

juggernaut74
He may not have won I'll say that now but he was pounding on a downed Sasquatch when the fight stopped.

Also this was a teenage Colossus who wasn't even trying his hardest as Stilt originally brought up. And this was depicted in the next issue.

-K-M-
He may not have won I'll say that now but he was pounding on a downed Sasquatch when the fight stopped.

Also this was a teenage Colossus who wasn't even trying his hardest as Stilt originally brought up. And this was depicted in the next issue.

Well at least you changed your opinion, that deserves credit. The last panel still doesn''t add up with the story as the fighting stopped long before the last panel and everyone else were in the exact same positions except those two for some reason. As I and others have suspected the 2nd last scan of them we see Walter should have still been on the ground from the judo toss and the last scan would have been a continuation of it.

Neither was Walter, hence why he was joking around and not taking the fight serious

juggernaut74
http://41.media.tumblr.com/933b8ed0a376b0cf4e8f807b3426c8e0/tumblr_nfe8s2ih8M1u1zyx6o1_500.jpg There it is. What issue was this?

StiltmanFTW
There it is. What issue was this?

UXM #295.

juggernaut74
Well at least you changed your opinion, that deserves credit. The last panel still doesn''t add up with the story as the fighting stopped long before the last panel and everyone else were in the exact same positions except those two for some reason. As I and others have suspected the 2nd last scan of them we see Walter should have still been on the ground from the judo toss and the last scan would have been a continuation of it.

Neither was Walter, hence why he was joking around and not taking the fight serious You can assume what you want. I'll go with what I see on panel.

-K-M-
You can assume what you want. I'll go with what I see on panel.

As do I, as well as the text.... which said the fighting (all the fighting) came to a screeching halt.

Even what you see you DON'T know why Walter was back on the ground. You DON'T know even if it was caused by Colossus or an external source. To say it was from Colossus is assuming.

Mindset
Rest in pieces, Walter.

juggernaut74
As do I, as well as the text.... which said the fighting (all the fighting) came to a screeching halt.

Even what you see you DON'T know why Walter was back on the ground. You DON'T know even if it was caused by Colossus or an external source. To say it was from Colossus is assuming. Where does it say all the fighting stopped? Looks to me Sasquatch and Colossus are still fighting in all of the panels. Colossus Judo tossed Sasquatch who then at some point got back up and then at some point Colossus took him down and pounded him as seen in the last panel. We can't just assume it was artistic error just because it puts Sasquatch in a bad position.

Looking back at the fight it does indeed look that Sasquatch started the fight so you're theory he was "toying" with Colossus seems less likely.

-K-M-
Where does it say all the fighting stopped? Looks to me Sasquatch and Colossus are still fighting in all of the panels. Colossus Judo tossed Sasquatch who then at some point got back up and then at some point Colossus took him down and pounded him as seen in the last panel. We can't just assume it was artistic error just because it puts Sasquatch in a bad position.

Looking back at the fight it does indeed look that Sasquatch started the fight so you're theory he was "toying" with Colossus seems less likely.

Like I said did you just completely ignore the text...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/fightstop2_zpspqsmgncw.png

""enough of the fury gets through to bring the battle to a screeching halt" (Storm then rushes to calm the storm). Everyone stops and doesn't move. Notice it says "BATTLE" and not "FIGHT"

bwahaha your assuming Colossus took him down again with NO PROOF. Where's your proof they continued to fight when everyone else stopped and the narration stated the BATTLE came to an end. You're telling me not to assume anything, but your doing it right here and making some big assumptions with no proof. So where is it proof? Go on as you said you go by looking at the panels erm

What? He was mocking him the entire time. The reason he got the judo toss is he literally held his hand on his head while Colossus's flayed his arms like a little child. This is often done as a means to embarrass someone. The fight stopped shortly after this. Are you new?

juggernaut74
I think you may be upset Sasquatch was getting pounded on at the end of the batle.

It's not a big deal.

juggernaut74
Like I said did you just completely ignore the text...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/fightstop2_zpspqsmgncw.png

""enough of the fury gets through to bring the battle to a screeching halt" (Storm then rushes to calm the storm). Everyone stops and doesn't move. Notice it says "BATTLE" and not "FIGHT"

bwahaha your assuming Colossus took him down again with NO PROOF. Where's your proof they continued to fight when everyone else stopped and the narration stated the BATTLE came to an end. You're telling me not to assume anything, but your doing it right here and making some big assumptions with no proof. So where is it proof? Go on as you said you go by looking at the panels erm I'm not assuming Colossus took him down. The panels show Sasquatch on his knees while Colossus is pounding him.

What? He was mocking him the entire time. The reason he got the judo toss is he literally held his hand on his head while Colossus's flayed his arms like a little child. This is often done as a means to embarrass someone. The fight stopped shortly after this. Are you new? Well then Sasquatch embarrassed himself because he got his salad tossed.

-K-M-
I think you may be upset Sasquatch was getting pounded on at the end of the batle.

It's not a big deal.

No I don't care about that as we saw his punches had little effect on Walter earlier. Pound to his hearts content. Except he wasn't of course.

I'm not assuming Colossus took him down. The panels show Sasquatch on his knees while Colossus is pounding him.

Well then Sasquatch embarrassed himself because he got his salad tossed.

Haha what? You have said colossus took him down again multiple times. Are you ignoring your own words now? We don't know how he got on his knees nor do we know for a fact he was even pounding on him. He even stopped and was looking at cyclops and northstar like Walter was doing. We know the fighting stopped as stated and shown. That's fact. You're making the large assumptions with no proof

You ignored pretty much everything and provided no rebuttal. Troll going to troll

He embarrassed himself sure, hence why he said whoops. Haha now his salad was tossed? Haha you're a troll. A terrible one at that

KingD19
That whole time Colossus was in self doubt and denial about his worth. Is it so hard to believe that him finally pulling his head out of his ass got him the momentum he needed to get the better of Sasquatch? He was a teenager, so there's no guarantee he'd have won. But the on panel evidence shows he had the advantage in that fight. And there's further evidence of him using his skills to take down opponents strength won't work against, like when the same teenage Colossus fought Savage Hulk and was doing okay for a while.

And whether you like it or not, we can't speculate what could have happened, or what should have or what was supposed to. It happened on panel. For instance, why would Walt for any reason be on his knees if Colossus didn't put him there?

Just let Colossus have his moment. It doesn't reflect badly on Walter to get taken down by a guy he clearly underestimated. And it's not like he KO'd him and left him for dead or something.

StiltmanFTW
For instance, why would Walt for any reason be on his knees if Colossus didn't put him there?

Maybe he wanted to give Piotr a blowjob laughing out loud

-K-M-
That whole time Colossus was in self doubt and denial about his worth. Is it so hard to believe that him finally pulling his head out of his ass got him the momentum he needed to get the better of Sasquatch? He was a teenager, so there's no guarantee he'd have won. But the on panel evidence shows he had the advantage in that fight. And there's further evidence of him using his skills to take down opponents strength won't work against, like when the same teenage Colossus fought Savage Hulk and was doing okay for a while.

And whether you like it or not, we can't speculate what could have happened, or what should have or what was supposed to. It happened on panel. For instance, why would Walt for any reason be on his knees if Colossus didn't put him there?

Just let Colossus have his moment. It doesn't reflect badly on Walter to get taken down by a guy he clearly underestimated. And it's not like he KO'd him and left him for dead or something.

He got the toss as Walter was over-confident and allowed it to happen. Walter has never fought like that again in his history. Good for colossus, he earned that but it was not some huge turning point.

It did happen, again as I said I have no problems with the toss. We don't know why he was on his knees later but (debated with this you before) why are you choosing to ignore the text where the fighting stopped? You guys are assuming it was colossus but no proof and as the text said the fighting stopped

No it doesn't. Said that multiple times But some guys ie. juggernaut are putting way more stock into what it was as apparently his "salad was getting tossed"

juggernaut74

Just let Colossus have his moment. It doesn't reflect badly on Walter to get taken down by a guy he clearly underestimated. And it's not like he KO'd him and left him for dead or something. KM is so quick to assume that Sasquatch was playing with Colossus or that the artist messed up in that fight. I hardly ever bring up the fact that Colossus was going through a period of self doubt and wasn't giving his all in that fight. I guess context does mean a lot.

That's my new argument, that was a teenage Colossus who wasn't even trying in the fight(a fight that he didn't even start).

-K-M-
KM is so quick to assume that Sasquatch was playing with Colossus or that the artist messed up in that fight. I hardly ever bring up the fact that Colossus was going through a period of self doubt and wasn't giving his all in that fight. I guess context does mean a lot.

That's my new argument, that was a teenage Colossus who wasn't even trying in the fight(a fight that he didn't even start).

How do you figure he wasn't? He was insulting him the entire time. Lifting him in te air like a child with one arm, mocking his best punch and put his hand on his head while colossus swung wildly like a bully does to a kid. Yeah totally not playing with him erm hell I wasny the original person that said it might have been an artist error. I only picked up on it much much later. Keep swinging and missing like colossus

Good for him and the self doubt. Doesn't impact what I was saying. You put far to much stock in a toss and ignored the fact the fighting stopped

Haha troll going to troll. You do realize even colossus supporters aren't agreeing with you right? Also didn't start the fight? Did you not read the issue? The fight broke out because of him. You're the worst

juggernaut74
Colossus was trying to stop Northstar. Sasquatch attacked Colossus first.

And I'm bowing out if you're going to start name calling.

-K-M-
And? Colossus prompted Sasquatch to get involved when he attacked first. Colossus was looking for a fight and caused the group fight to erupt. Yet your saying he didn't start the fight? Get out of here

juggernaut74
Well regardless of who started the fight between Sasquatch and Colossus the main point I was trying to make and that everyone agrees with was that Colossus had the advantage at the end of the fight. Kingd, Stilt, and Pr see this also.

Would Colossus have won? Nobody knows for sure.

-Pr-
How do you figure he wasn't? He was insulting him the entire time. Lifting him in te air like a child with one arm, mocking his best punch and put his hand on his head while colossus swung wildly like a bully does to a kid. Yeah totally not playing with him erm hell I wasny the original person that said it might have been an artist error. I only picked up on it much much later. Keep swinging and missing like colossus

Good for him and the self doubt. Doesn't impact what I was saying. You put far to much stock in a toss and ignored the fact the fighting stopped

Haha troll going to troll. You do realize even colossus supporters aren't agreeing with you right? Also didn't start the fight? Did you not read the issue? The fight broke out because of him. You're the worst

What's the most likely cause of Sasquatch being on his knees? Iyo I mean.

-K-M-
Well regardless of who started the fight between Sasquatch and Colossus the main point I was trying to make and that everyone agrees with was that Colossus had the advantage at the end of the fight. Kingd, Stilt, and Pr see this also.

Would Colossus have won? Nobody knows for sure.

briefly from a judo toss which was caused by walter being over-confident. Hardly anything of note to say the tide was completely turning

The people you listed said Sasquatch would have won so there's that

What's the most likely cause of Sasquatch being on his knees? Iyo I mean.

Artistic error. As noted, which is amazing I have to keep repeating it...... the storm got out of control and as noted the BATTLE STOPPED. Everyone was in the EXACT SAME positions as everyone else except them. Actually, Colossus is actually in the same pose in the last an second last scan, only one that was different was walter. So prove to me they kept fighting or it was Colossus that did it? For all we know the storm did it or something else. Pretty basic stuff really.

So the storm was getting so badly out of control, which caused shaman, storm, northstar, cyclops, wolverine and guardian to completely stop (and not move) as well as the narration said the fighting stopped, but those two decided yeah lets keep fighting??? erm Do you not see the error in that thinking?

-Pr-
briefly from a judo toss which was caused by walter being over-confident. Hardly anything of note to say the tide was completely turning

The people you listed said Sasquatch would have won so there's that

Artistic error. As noted, which is amazing I have to keep repeating it...... the storm got out of control and as noted the BATTLE STOPPED. Everyone was in the EXACT SAME positions as everyone else except them. Actually, Colossus is actually in the same pose in the last an second last scan, only one that was different was walter. So prove to me they kept fighting or it was Colossus that did it? For all we know the storm did it or something else. Pretty basic stuff really.

So the storm was getting so badly out of control, which caused shaman, storm, northstar, cyclops, wolverine and guardian to completely stop (and not move) as well as the narration said the fighting stopped, but those two decided yeah lets keep fighting??? erm Do you not see the error in that thinking?

I have no problem with the assertion that Storm's gusts stopped the fight. The narration says so.

My question is because it honestly comes across, even if you don't intend it so, that you're saying that it had to be something else that put him on his knees because it couldn't possibly be Colossus.

Believing the storm did it is strange to me, as it didn't knock Cyclops or Logan off of their feet.

Artistic error is possible, sure.

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't it Shaman who caused the storm? Ororo calmed it down.

Northstar attacked Ororo - despite the fact she just saved them - maybe that pissed Piotr off enough to assrape Sasquatch stick out tongue

-K-M-
I have no problem with the assertion that Storm's gusts stopped the fight. The narration says so.

My question is because it honestly comes across, even if you don't intend it so, that you're saying that it had to be something else that put him on his knees because it couldn't possibly be Colossus.

Believing the storm did it is strange to me, as it didn't knock Cyclops or Logan off of their feet.

Artistic error is possible, sure.

You missed the point I'm saying....it could have been an external source, it could have been anything. As I said MANY TIMES now I DO NOT KNOW what caused it, but we do know the fighting stopped and everyone else stopped, but for some reason they decided to keep fighting ignoring the text and everyone else? That's a huge stretch. People in here were saying for CERTAIN it was Colossus that caused it. I said many times we don't know, yet I'm being questioned? lulz

-K-M-
Wasn't it Shaman who caused the storm? Ororo calmed it down.

Northstar attacked Ororo - despite the fact she just saved them - maybe that pissed Piotr off enough to assrape Sasquatch stick out tongue

Yes he caused it, and took everything from Storm to calm it

*sigh*

StiltmanFTW
She averted a major catastrophe, yes. Shaman had no control.

-Pr-
You missed the point I'm saying....it could have been an external source, it could have been anything. As I said MANY TIMES now I DO NOT KNOW what caused it, but we do know the fighting stopped and everyone else stopped, but for some reason they decided to keep fighting ignoring the text and everyone else? That's a huge stretch. People in here were saying for CERTAIN it was Colossus that caused it. I said many times we don't know, yet I'm being questioned? lulz

I got your point. I actually agree that it doesn't make much sense that they'd keep fighting.

Why are you acting like I'm attacking you?

-K-M-
She averted a major catastrophe, yes. Shaman had no control.

Storm > Shaman in weather manipulation.

Though keep in mind Shaman casually caused the storm that took everything for Storm to stop.

I got your point. I actually agree that it doesn't make much sense that they'd keep fighting.

Why are you acting like I'm attacking you?

THANK YOU!

I don't think that, but it gets tiresome repeating myself

StiltmanFTW

Though keep in mind Shaman casually caused the storm that took everything for Storm to stop.

Keep in mind that Shaman almost got himself and his own team killed this way laughing out loud

-Pr-

THANK YOU!

I don't think that, but it gets tiresome repeating myself

No problem.

My question still stands, though. If your answer is that you don't know, that's fine too.

-K-M-
Keep in mind that Shaman almost got himself and his own team killed this way laughing out loud

Killed? That's a stretch. Nor do we know for certain he couldn't stop it as you know...he never tried.

Are you trying to troll?

StiltmanFTW
"Shaman, what's happening?!"

"I... I... do not know".

Yeah, sure looks like he was going to stop it stick out tongue

Every single time, it's the same story with you. Nobody can even mention an Alpha Flight character without you entering the thread and wreaking havoc.

It is disturbing. I understand you love those characters, but for Christ's sake, by now you really should've learned to avoid J74 or put him on ignore.

But nooo, instead we have the Sasquatch v Colossus argument resurrected for the nth time. I bet the exact same thing will be happening in CBvF after 10 years.

-K-M-
"Shaman, what's happening?!"

"I... I... do not know".

Yeah, sure looks like he was going to stop it stick out tongue

Every single time, it's the same story with you. Nobody can even mention an Alpha Flight character without you entering the thread and wreaking havoc.

It is disturbing. I understand you love those characters, but for Christ's sake, by now you really should've learned to avoid J74 or put him on ignore.

But nooo, instead we have the Sasquatch v Colossus argument resurrected for the nth time. I bet the exact same thing will be happening in CBvF after 10 years.

or he didn't know what was going on, that doesn't mean he couldn't stop it erm I don't know is a lot different then I can't stop it.

So your telling me you weren't trying to antagonize me? erm Come on dude, it was pretty clear what you were doing.

Everytime? Ok, lets back that up as this is the first real Alpha Flight debate I have done in a long time to this level. Got some examples?

StiltmanFTW
What is clear is that you treat this way too seriously.

Pretty much every J74vYou thread about AF is the same...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>