China to End One Child Policy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
China has decided to end its decades-long one-child policy, the state-run Xinhua news agency reports.
Couples will now be allowed to have two children, it said, citing a statement from the Communist Party.
The controversial policy was introduced nationally in 1979, to slow the population growth rate.
It is estimated to have prevented about 400 million births. However concerns at China's ageing population led to pressure for change.
Couples who violated the one-child policy faced a variety of punishments, from fines and the loss of employment to forced abortions.
Over time, the policy has been relaxed in some provinces, as demographers and sociologists raised concerns about rising social costs and falling worker numbers.
The Communist Party began formally relaxing national rules two years ago, allowing couples in which at least one of the pair is an only child to have a second child.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34665539

Omega Vision
It's crazy to think that a country like China could have actually have a "shrinking workforce" in a few decades because of the One-Child Policy's long term effects.

It's probably for the best that they change the policy. At this point most Chinese are acutely aware that there are already significant demographic pressures on the nation and its resources, so I doubt there will be a dramatic increase in births, but enough that China doesn't have to worry about becoming a much bigger Japan.

Mindset
They're building an army.

Robtard
Do wonder if their shrinking workforce will affect the rest of the world, especially the US, in the coming decade or two. All those cheap mas produced products may not be as cheap.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Do wonder if their shrinking workforce will affect the rest of the world, especially the US, in the coming decade or two. All those cheap mas produced products may not be as cheap.

As China is developing a stronger middle class it will become less likely that they are going to be the cheap workforce of the future. But don't fret, there's still India and Africa...

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
As China is developing a stronger middle class it will become less likely that they are going to be the cheap workforce of the future. But don't fret, there's still India and Africa...

Good point and thanks for easing my worries, have to get my cheap finger traps and plastic flags from somewhere.

Jesus McBurger
Forced abortions are still in effect though

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bardock42
As China is developing a stronger middle class it will become less likely that they are going to be the cheap workforce of the future. But don't fret, there's still India and Africa... Originally posted by Robtard
Good point and thanks for easing my worries, have to get my cheap finger traps and plastic flags from somewhere.
This is basically already happening. China is like Taiwan now--the "used to be cheap" labor capital of the world.

Countries like India, Nigeria, South Africa, Indonesia, Brazil, and Iran will be the sources of cheap labor.

I've never wished poverty on other nations just so that I can buy my shirts for cheap, but it's not really a concern for the foreseeable future.

long pig
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Forced abortions are still in effect though
Thats why liberals love china so much

Surtur
I actually wish the US had similar policies. Maybe not limiting people to one child, but I'd limit it at maybe 3-4 kids.

As for forced abortions..I actually agree that some people just shouldn't be allowed to procreate. I don't know if I'd go with a forced abortion though, I'd try for a forced adoption first.

Time-Immemorial
Yea 3-4 is enough, there are all these monster families running around with 8-15 kids devouring everyone else's food and resources.

long pig
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yea 3-4 is enough, there are all these monster families running around with 8-15 kids devouring everyone else's food and resources. Its amazing how a welfare queen can be unemployed with 6 kids, 6 baby daddies yet can afford to get all her chirrens jawdinz.

Flyattractor
Think how this will benefit the Chinese Hot Dog Sales.

Time-Immemorial
A few weeks ago didn't we have a thread about special needs babies in china being found in public toilets?

Flyattractor
Seems more like the toilets is where they go to LOSE them.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by long pig
Thats why liberals love china so much
Shut up

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yea 3-4 is enough, there are all these monster families running around with 8-15 kids devouring everyone else's food and resources.

I just am always reminded of the video of the woman with 15 god damn kids going "somebody gotta pay for my kids!". See because simply not banging a variety of dudes without protection just wasn't feasible.

For me if a person is on welfare or something they SHOULD NOT be allowed to have more children, period. If they want more kids they should lose the welfare.

Time-Immemorial
Can you post the video? I have got to see this.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I just am always reminded of the video of the woman with 15 god damn kids going "somebody gotta pay for my kids!". See because simply not banging a variety of dudes without protection just wasn't feasible.

For me if a person is on welfare or something they SHOULD NOT be allowed to have more children, period. If they want more kids they should lose the welfare.

Maybe some network can pick her up and sport the bill like that family with 20 or something children, The Duggars. They're a shining example.

Time-Immemorial
Maybe some network can pick her up and sport the bill like that family with 20 or something children, The Duggars. They're a shining example.

I believe the Duggards were self sufficient before the show. As far as the show, thats entertainment in a capitalistic country and perfectly legal.

Surtur
Ain't she a peach?

mT6smpCV8DQ

Also yep you heard right..at the time of this video she was pregnant with ANOTHER damn kid. Dear lord who keeps banging this broad?!

Time-Immemorial
What a dumb *****, people like that should just be killed off for the betterment of society. And all her kids should be taken from her and given to responsible families.

Robtard
Yeah, she's an idiot who abuses the Welfare system. Happens.

Surtur
I'm just dumbfounded DCFS or whatever gave her a damn house big enough to house all her kids when I know hard working people who don't have a god damn pot to piss in.

Time-Immemorial
I'm just dumbfounded DCFS or whatever gave her a damn house big enough to house all her kids when I know hard working people who don't have a god damn pot to piss in.

Say what!? Who the **** gave her a house!?

Surtur
They put her in some kind of house with 6 bedrooms. Something tells me the welfare wasn't cut off due to her being pregnant again either.

Time-Immemorial
Its too bad this isn't Sparta.

Surtur
I blame the system just as much as I blame her. Sorry, but welfare just shouldn't be given to people so utterly irresponsible they continually bring children into the world KNOWING they can't pay for them because they expect other people to pay.

People on welfare should be required to show they are trying to change their situation for the better..NOT popping out god damn kid after kid and not a father in sight either.

Robtard
They put her in some kind of house with 6 bedrooms. Something tells me the welfare wasn't cut off due to her being pregnant again either.

It's a lousy situation that tax dollars have to support an obvious abuser. But what's the alternative, cut her off and let a bunch of innocent children starve because they have a shitty mom?

Omega Vision
There should be a TV show about conservatives who get angry over extreme cases of minor problems that they think are widespread and serious.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Omega Vision
There should be a TV show about conservatives who get angry over extreme cases of minor problems that they think are widespread and serious.
The confederate flag IS IMPORTANT!!!

Surtur
It's a lousy situation that tax dollars have to support an obvious abuser. But what's the alternative, cut her off and let a bunch of innocent children starve because they have a shitty mom?

Yes cut her off and allow the kids to be raised by a responsible parent or guardian. Preferably a guardian that knows what these new fangled devices known as "condoms" are.

So nah don't punish the kids, punish the horrible mother. Otherwise she'll raise these kids to be just like her and there are FIFTEEN of these f*ckers. Some are female and look at the female role model they have to look up to.

Robtard

I laughed

Robtard
Yes cut her off and allow the kids to be raised by a responsible parent or guardian. Preferably a guardian that knows what these new fangled devices known as "condoms" are.

And if no "parent of guardian" can be found? Which is likely the case or else she'd have family helping her.

To your edit: I don't think the government should have the right to pull children away from a parent(s) unless there's some obvious threat, eg physical or sexual abuse, negligence due to drug abuse etc. Being a "welfare mom" doesn't fall into that category.

Surtur
And if no "parent of guardian" can be found? Which is likely the case or else she'd have family helping her.

Then you cut off her welfare and put the kids in foster care. They'd be better off there then with this woman.

Robtard
Yeah, see above, I edited in to your edit. Don't see "welfare abuser mom" as being a reason to separate children from parents. Tat's awful thinking.

ps Have you ever been in foster care? I've heard from several people it's horrible

Surtur
Yeah but this isn't just a welfare mom. This is a mother who continues to pop out children despite knowing she can't take care of them. So it's not awful thinking to think these kids would be better off with a more responsible guardian. One who doesn't whine that other people should take care of their kids for them because they apparently couldn't shut their legs.

Robtard
She's an extreme example of a welfare abuser, but she's still just a welfare abuser. She's not smoking crack and then molesting her children or similar (is she?). I'm glad as a society we don't separate children from their parents for something as trivial in the big picture as welfare abuse.

Surtur
But I never said separate them for abusing welfare. That is just the icing on the cake. It's her inability to stop having mother*cking kids despite knowing she needs welfare. Someone so irresponsible doesn't belong raising a damn gold fish let alone kids.

If you want to say foster care is so much worse she is the better option that is certainly an argument to make, but please do not pretend like this isn't an incredibly irresponsible mother. Who is either too stupid to use protection or just unwilling. Every kid she pops out takes money away from the kids she already has. Yet no fathers in sight and no signs that she intends to stop procreating.

If I had kids I'd literally rather have them raised by starving grizzly bears then this woman.

Robtard
It's ultimately a welfare abuse issue: Having too many children that she then needs to stay on welfare or more welfare comes back down to welfare abuse. ie you wouldn't care if she was a billionaire popping out children every year, cos no welfare abuse.

I'm sure there's good stories of foster care as well. I said she was a "shitty mom" already; she should stop having children. But I'm not going to separate her from her kids just because she can't use a condom or do anal instead.

edit: how did we get on this when the topic is China?

Flyattractor
There should be a TV show about conservatives who get angry over extreme cases of minor problem that they think are widespread and serious.
The only "MINOR" problem here is that this whore keeps porking out MINORS!. But that's ok since they will have no choice but to become Non-voting Gang Members. oh I mean Young Democrats.

Genesis-Soldier
i think china would have had to of changed their polocy over time, evidently the mid term effects were good and bad but the long term effects are more so negative in that the aged population may have to keep working (which isn't always a bad thing) just to meet national requirements of economical and trade proportions

Surtur
It's ultimately a welfare abuse issue: Having too many children that she then needs to stay on welfare or more welfare comes back down to welfare abuse. ie you wouldn't care if she was a billionaire popping out children every year, cos no welfare abuse.

I'm sure there's good stories of foster care as well. I said she was a "shitty mom" already; she should stop having children. But I'm not going to separate her from her kids just because she can't use a condom or do anal instead.

edit: how did we get on this when the topic is China?

But again: she has shown she is utterly irresponsible. Having kids she can't afford and she is pregnant AGAIN.

See thing is, using a condom? Super easy. This chick can't do it? There is a big big problem. If she is too inept to keep her legs closed after the damn 5th child or too stupid to use protection she doesn't belong raising and influencing children.

We aren't talking about some one time thing..but 16 damn kids. Plus just look at how she acts..she expects everyone else to pay for the kids she kept popping out. This is a responsible parent to you? This is someone you think will be a positive role model to her kids? This is someone with her priorities straight? Maybe if she only had a few kids I wouldn't say take them away, but mother*cking 16 kids? No way.

Plus notice no fathers in sight? I say fathers since you know must be different kids by different men. So it means she will be the sole role model for her kids. She also has ZERO shame to speak of..and was perfectly fine going on national tv screaming about how somebody has to pay for all her kids.

EDIT: As for how we got to this topic from China, it sprung from me saying I wish the US had a similar policy, and then someone brought up people with a lot of kids and then that reminded me of the woman we are discussing now.

Jesus McBurger
I think we all need a child policy. We need to control the population. I think you should be able to only birth a certain amount of kids but you can adopt as many as you financially can

Surtur
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i think china would have had to of changed their polocy over time, evidently the mid term effects were good and bad but the long term effects are more so negative in that the aged population may have to keep working (which isn't always a bad thing) just to meet national requirements of economical and trade proportions

I'm curious what would happen in China to people who broke the rule. As in, if a couple had a single child the government knew about..but then somehow in secret had two more kids. Then years later the government finds out.

What would happen to the couple? Would they lose custody of the kids? Would they be fined? Would they do any jail time?

Jesus McBurger
I'm curious what would happen in China to people who broke the rule. As in, if a couple had a single child the government knew about..but then somehow in secret had two more kids. Then years later the government finds out.

What would happen to the couple? Would they lose custody of the kids? Would they be fined? Would they do any jail time?
Rice fields for 3 generations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.