Quinlan Vos (Legends) vs. AOTC Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Duel takes place in the Jedi temple

carthage
Who wins this!

redpill
Vos ofc smile

Q99
Originally posted by redpill
Vos ofc smile

It's only Legends Vos, not DD, so I'm not so sure.

ILS
Vos takes it

redpill
Originally posted by Q99
It's only Legends Vos, not DD, so I'm not so sure.

vaapad pwns! mad

TheNuisanceBird
vaapad pwns! mad

Not necessarily. D'jem So is effective against Form 7. Vos is not a master of Vaapad like Windu is, and even Windu would have a hard time against Anakin.

Edit: Forgot AOTC Anakin.

ILS
No it isn't, lol.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by ILS
No it isn't, lol.

Form 7 leaves openings in defenses which Form 5 is suited for if that's what you're referring to.

ILS
No it doesn't, lol. And no it isn't. Unless you can provide me with a quote that suggests as much?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by ILS
No it doesn't, lol. And no it isn't. Unless you can provide me with a quote that suggests as much?

*Facepalm*

Is the Star Wars wiki as bad as YouTube?

ILS
Neither is a credible source for suggesting Form V is a perfect counter for Form VII, lol.

Bandele came up with the notion first but it didn't stand on it's own legs for long. As far as I'm concerned for every idea you can suggest for Form V countering Form VII, you can provide one in return for VII countering V, e.g, VII being the most kinetic form lends credibility to it countering V because of V's severe lack of mobility, which is noted as a form weakness.

It's ultimately arbitrary though because 1) it's never been suggested by a real source and 2) fighters and their personal styles and attributes make fights, not forms at their base.

redpill
How proficient was Vos in vaapad?

when fighting dooku sora bulq told vos come along vos i taught you vapad use it! and dooku said hes not using it bc he fears the dark side.

it is implied that sora bulq fully trained vos in vaapad but he doesnt use it bc of moral restraing fears ds

physical strength vos easily. he's muscular. ani is a weenie

force strength equal

saber skill vos easily

dooku test

in aotc ani gets totally pwned easily by dooku
in legends vos gives dooku a good long hard fight before losing

vos wins

Total Warrior

when fighting dooku sora bulq told vos come along vos i taught you vapad use it! and dooku said hes not using it bc he fears the dark side.

it is implied that sora bulq fully trained vos in vaapad but he doesnt use it bc of moral restraing fears ds

force strength equal

saber skill vos easily

dooku test

When did Vos give a long hard fight to Dooku exactly?

vos wins

TheNuisanceBird

force strength equal

saber skill vos easily

dooku test

vos wins

Anakin didn't get "owned" by Dooku. The fight was supposed to be about 75% longer although it was cut out to make room for Yoda. I actually have a clip on my computer of an unused part. The guy who had it, TheLostClones I think did the effects for the light sabers. At one point Anakin and Dooku had two sabers each. Kenobi was supposed to be under Anakin when he tossed him the saber but suddenly moved to the other side of the hanger.

*Sigh*

What could have been......

Emperordmb
As far as cinematic value goes, would've been nice if it were longer, but as far as in-universe continuity goes, that really wouldn't make much sense, given that Anakin's Pre-ROTS 1v1 fights with Dooku are already noticeably beyond the level he normally performs at in a duel.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Emperordmb
As far as cinematic value goes, would've been nice if it were longer, but as far as in-universe continuity goes, that really wouldn't make much sense, given that Anakin's Pre-ROTS 1v1 fights with Dooku are already noticeably beyond the level he normally performs at in a duel.

I think the duel in ROTS was also supposed to be longer. This makes sense as in the novelization its like never than even the Mustafar duel.

redpill
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Anakin didn't get "owned" by Dooku. The fight was supposed to be about 75% longer although it was cut out to make room for Yoda. I actually have a clip on my computer of an unused part. The guy who had it, TheLostClones I think did the effects for the light sabers. At one point Anakin and Dooku had two sabers each. Kenobi was supposed to be under Anakin when he tossed him the saber but suddenly moved to the other side of the hanger.

*Sigh*

What could have been......

canonically speaking

anakin got totally pwned in aotc

dooku zaps him in under 2 seconds. thats weak.

vos and obi lasted longer

TheNuisanceBird
canonically speaking

anakin got totally pwned in aotc

dooku zaps him in under 2 seconds. thats weak.

vos and obi lasted longer

Even going by the movie Anakin actually managed to legitimately contend with Dooku. Dooku is visibly tired at the end of their duel. Totally pwned would be Darth Bane killing Ezra.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.