Global Housing Prices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/11/global-house-prices

This is interesting.

ArtificialGlory
My real estate values have been increasing as of late.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
My real estate values have been increasing as of late.

Where do you live?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Where do you live?

Lithuania.

Time-Immemorial
I have seen some house hunting shows over there where Americans re locate because of good housing prices $50-60k which includes land and farm. Is that pretty accurate?

Q99
It is interesting, watching the recovering from a housing bubble collapse. Especially with Ireland, who, having one of the poorer recoveries from the recession, have had less people wanting to buy property and thus dropped to such a drastically lower level, even though it's a nice place with a relatively limited number of homes.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99
It is interesting, watching the recovering from a housing bubble collapse. Especially with Ireland, who, having one of the poorer recoveries from the recession, have had less people wanting to buy property and thus dropped to such a drastically lower level, even though it's a nice place with a relatively limited number of homes.

The graph is interactive, you can click on whatever country you want to see the swing. The 4 that show up from the link are pre selected.

ArtificialGlory
I have seen some house hunting shows over there where Americans re locate because of good housing prices $50-60k which includes land and farm. Is that pretty accurate?

I haven't really heard of Americans relocating to Lithuania, but a $50-60k can definitely get you a house + some land/farmland over here. Prices can vary, obviously.

Time-Immemorial
No nothing in mass numbers you know, the hippie kind. It was a House Hunters off the grid, they moved out there to buy a house and farm for that price range and were going to live on the land, that sort of thing.

ArtificialGlory
No nothing in mass numbers you know, the hippie kind. It was a House Hunters off the grid, they moved out there to buy a house and farm for that price range and were going to live on the land, that sort of thing.

Interesting. How did they do?

Q99
Hm, thanks for pointing that out, yes. It is very interesting who got affected by the crash and who didn't.

China, Canada, largely unaffected. France, small dip, got better.
Greece, was going downhill *way* before the crash and kept going down at the same rate.
Spain, starts at the crash but shows what a real poor recovery will do.
Hong Kong, as if a global crash would stop their property values from going up....

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Interesting. How did they do?

They ended up with a nice place that here in the states would cost at least $400-700k

Time-Immemorial
Farm land here in corn wheat country say in Illinois is roughly $25,000 an acre. It get s expensive, quick.

ArtificialGlory
I'll be damned. I guess that's the difference between a backwater European country and the US.

jaden101
I put a house on the market last month and it sold at 10k over the asking price in 3 days.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
I put a house on the market last month and it sold at 10k over the asking price in 3 days.

Must have been a high class whore house.

Mindset
I paid him in monopoly money.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
I paid him in monopoly money.

Did you have to throw in Boardwalk?

Mindset
Did you have to throw in Boardwalk? Phuck no, I gave him 2 of my railroads though. erm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99

it's not so much desire as it is being priced out of the market, tbh.

The banks are starting to realise that, as are the property assholes who contributed to our recession in the first place.

jaden101
Must have been a high class whore house.

They weren't included in the price though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.