Starkiller Clone vs Galen Marek.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

EmperorSidious2
Galen takes sabers

Starkiller takes force and all out

Deronn_solo
Starkiller takes all.

carthage
Galen came across as slightly more skilled but that might just be my own opinion. He was besting Vader legitimately, and seemed to grow in skill after scraping a victory from Shaak Ti. The gap probably isn't large but the OG Galen can still claim to have been the only one to have beaten Vader in terms of pure swordsmanship, whereas the Clone who retained his original's skill was bested by a Vader who had improved.

cs_zoltan

Darth Thor
Was it ever confirmed the TFUII one was a clone? Might have been the same guy.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor

He was always refered to as a clone, even in sourcebooks. But it was kinda left ambiguous for story purposes I guess.

Beniboybling
In bonus content you see scenes of Vader and the Dark Apprentice looking at Marek's dead body. So yeah he's dead.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
In bonus content you see scenes of Vader and the Dark Apprentice looking at Marek's dead body. So yeah he's dead.

That could've easily been a cloned body though. Not that I'm arguing he is not a clone, but there is no concrete proof either way. In sourcebooks they could've refered to him as a clone for the sole reason not to spoil the story.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by carthage
Galen came across as slightly more skilled but that might just be my own opinion. He was besting Vader legitimately, and seemed to grow in skill after scraping a victory from Shaak Ti. The gap probably isn't large but the OG Galen can still claim to have been the only one to have beaten Vader in terms of pure swordsmanship, whereas the Clone who retained his original's skill was bested by a Vader who had improved.

Uh, no, the clone in TFU II beat Vader.

Galen Marek was legitimately stronger then Vader AT THAT POINT, as in non-canon, Marek kills Vader on his own.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Darth Thor

I don't think so. Kota thinks they're the same person. Even they if are, Galen barely has any memories and had to rebuild his skill set.

ares834
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Unless, of course, that's before he escapes.

chilled monkey

Emperordmb
What's this? Someone being wrong about something because the evidence doesn't support what they're saying? Sounds oddly familiar...

NewGuy01
Galen Marek's clones possess their genetic host's fighting skills
-UVG

You were saying?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Kota is full of it. He claimed that cloning Jedi was impossible, but we know that is false.

Joruus C'baoth, Luke Skywalker, the numerous deformed clones of Galen etc.

Only by using his Force abilities, not his duelling skills, and by exploiting the fact that Vader wanted to take him alive (and thus tried to force a surrender rather than go for the kill instantly)

Galen by contrast defeated Vader in lightsabre combat and only used the Force to deal the finishing blow. Plus Vader had no other agenda and was going all out to try and kill him.

Nope. The clone had to rebuild his skillset from the ground up. He was trained via memory flashes, true, but those just allowed him to learn quicker. They weren't a full transference of the complete skill. When is it ever said that Marek beat him in pure sabers?...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.