Battle of the Flashes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
http://i60.tinypic.com/9h2td1.jpg

Rank the Flashes in each category:

- JLU Animated Wally West
- Smallville Bart Allen
- The Flash Barry Allen

1 * The fastest based on average feats ^

2 * The fastest based on highest feat(s).^

3 * The best personality

4 * Character most faithful to the comics

5 * Who would win in a free for all Death battle?

6 * Who would win in a friendly/casual (relaxed state) race around the world ?

7 * Who is the best character?

8 * If you could have one of the Flashes powers, who would it be (you cannot achieve their peak feats)?

^ Onscreen feat takes precedence over implied/observer interpretation. E.g If Flash is shown running at the same speed as a bullet, but a character states he is running at lightspeed, feat will be determined as bullet speed. If you think this is unfair, state why. I am willing to compromise if reasonable.

Silent Master
53OyPYa7SEI

Genesis-Soldier
thanos wins

KingD19
1 * The fastest based on average feats - I'm gonna call this a tie between Impulse and Wally for different reasons. Impulse was just so fast that Clark couldn't keep up with him at all when he stopped joking around, and even when joking Clark had trouble. While Wally on the other hand has feats that show he's more than just fast. Like rewiring Grodd's helmet so fast he didn't know he did anything, or making tornadoes; he uses his powers for more than just running.

2 * The fastest based on highest feat(s) - JLU Flash. When Luthor and Brainiac merged, he ran around the world in seconds to come back and hit him with IMP's. From different directions which is what made it so impressive. Also in Justice League, Green Lantern makes a space bridge for him and Wally ran from Earth's orbit to the sun in 7 1/2 minutes, which means he actually went or got close to lightspeed.

3 * The best personality - Wally. He was pretty funny and his personality was so important that when he died, the Justice Lords formed. He had a lot of great puns and one-liners and was one of the funniest characters on the show. Like in Justice League Unlimited when the original seven turned themselves in. One of the soldiers asks where Batman is and he goes. "The batmobile, lost a wheel...the Joker got away. Least that's what I heard."

4 * Character most faithful to the comics - Again I'll say JLU Wally.

5 * Who would win in a free for all Death battle? - Hmmmm. JLU Flash. He's the fastest when he's really trying. And he's shown the most skill and creativity with his powers.

6 * Who would win in a friendly/casual (relaxed state) race around the world ? Probably Impulse.

7 * Who is the best character? JLU Flash.

8 * If you could have one of the Flashes powers, who would it be (you cannot achieve their peak feats)? Between Impulse and Wally. Not really sure.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
1 * The fastest based on average feats - I'm gonna call this a tie between Impulse and Wally for different reasons. Impulse was just so fast that Clark couldn't keep up with him at all when he stopped joking around, and even when joking Clark had trouble. While Wally on the other hand has feats that show he's more than just fast. Like rewiring Grodd's helmet so fast he didn't know he did anything, or making tornadoes; he uses his powers for more than just running.

2 * The fastest based on highest feat(s) - JLU Flash. When Luthor and Brainiac merged, he ran around the world in seconds to come back and hit him with IMP's. From different directions which is what made it so impressive. Also in Justice League, Green Lantern makes a space bridge for him and Wally ran from Earth's orbit to the sun in 7 1/2 minutes, which means he actually went or got close to lightspeed.

3 * The best personality - Wally. He was pretty funny and his personality was so important that when he died, the Justice Lords formed. He had a lot of great puns and one-liners and was one of the funniest characters on the show. Like in Justice League Unlimited when the original seven turned themselves in. One of the soldiers asks where Batman is and he goes. "The batmobile, lost a wheel...the Joker got away. Least that's what I heard."

4 * Character most faithful to the comics - Again I'll say JLU Wally.

5 * Who would win in a free for all Death battle? - Hmmmm. JLU Flash. He's the fastest when he's really trying. And he's shown the most skill and creativity with his powers.

6 * Who would win in a friendly/casual (relaxed state) race around the world ? Probably Impulse.

7 * Who is the best character? JLU Flash.

8 * If you could have one of the Flashes powers, who would it be (you cannot achieve their peak feats)? Between Impulse and Wally. Not really sure.

Basically agree on all points.

Some notes:

Q1. I would favor Impulse.

Q8. I would also consider Barry.

In real life, any of their speed levels are already godlike - but Barry also has:

- Phasing (think Wally has demonstrated this too)
- Solid accelerated healing (enough for Oliver Queen to put two arrows in his back - for fun)
- Lightning Bolts
- Speed Mirage / After-image

steverules_2
Why isn't anyone bringing up the fact that Barry ran so fast that he managed to travel back in time? That was an impressive feat

KingD19
Originally posted by steverules_2
Why isn't anyone bringing up the fact that Barry ran so fast that he managed to travel back in time? That was an impressive feat

Because even though he ran that fast, in the show that speed is in the early single digit mach speed. Not that fast considering what the others have done.

And Wally ran so fast the speed force tried to absorb him. And this was after he already hit lightspeed or faster to throw a dark matter absorption device at the sun to make a wormhole and suck all the dark matter away from the sun.(He was in Earth's orbit in the Watchtower and made it to the sun in seven and a half minutes. Takes light eight and some change to reach Earth.

Surtur
I always did like Impulse easily outracing Clark while running backwards.

Originally posted by steverules_2

It is probably his best feat, but it's not even something that should be considered high end, more something he pulled off once on his own that I recall. When he went to save his mother he needed help to get back in time. Well the feat is high end don't get me wrong, but not really matching consistent high end Barry on the show.

Originally posted by KingD19
Because even though he ran that fast, in the show that speed is in the early single digit mach speed. Not that fast considering what the others have done.

And Wally ran so fast the speed force tried to absorb him. And this was after he already hit lightspeed or faster to throw a dark matter absorption device at the sun to make a wormhole and suck all the dark matter away from the sun.(He was in Earth's orbit in the Watchtower and made it to the sun in seven and a half minutes. Takes light eight and some change to reach Earth.

I could of sworn GL wasn't just providing something for him to run on, but actually helped boost his speed a bit at one point?

Though I will point out that feat, if not assisted, is superior in some ways to when he nearly got absorbed. When he got absorbed the speed he showed running around the planet wasn't lightspeed. Going at exactly the speed of light you could lap the planet 7 times in a single second. I could be forgetting but I don't think it showed him looping the planet that many times in that short an interval.

Placidity
Originally posted by Surtur

Though I will point out that feat, if not assisted, is superior in some ways to when he nearly got absorbed. When he got absorbed the speed he showed running around the planet wasn't lightspeed. Going at exactly the speed of light you could lap the planet 7 times in a single second. I could be forgetting but I don't think it showed him looping the planet that many times in that short an interval.

This is true. I remember looping that scene a few times in slow mo when I first saw it and counted how many times he lapped the planet, it was under light speed.

Still the most epic scene in JLU for me.

relentless1
1 * The fastest based on average feats ^

DCAU Flash

2 * The fastest based on highest feat(s).^

hmm..tie between DCAU and CW... DCAU tapped into the Speed Force and single handedly beat Luthiac but CW Flash has travelled through time, I think ill edge that towards CW Flash

3 * The best personality

DCAU Flash, Wally was the humour and heart of the JLU

4 * Character most faithful to the comics

CW Barry and Wally were pretty close

5 * Who would win in a free for all Death battle?

Probably DCAU, haven't really seen CW Flash beat anybody of note on his own yet.

6 * Who would win in a friendly/casual (relaxed state) race around the world ?

DCAU Flash, he had some pretty consistent good showings

7 * Who is the best character?

DCAU Flash, even without his own show, I loved the Wally West from the animated series, he was a great character and played off of the others as sort of a little brother very well.

8 * If you could have one of the Flashes powers, who would it be (you cannot achieve their peak feats)?

The general speed boost that any of them possess would be great, had to narrow it down id say enhanced reflexes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.