All-Out Mind War: Starro the Conqueror vs growing gauntlet of telepaths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
We all know how the Starro vs Despero fight went. Starro was in command of the minds of nine galaxies and using the combined mental power of hundreds of trillions of beings. Despero fighting him was likened to "stepping into a puddle, only to find it has no bottom".

Originally posted by Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/djPiFe4m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UmOGiXsm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3HkdmUpm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PUPVzTTm.jpg

The recent Galactus vs Starro mental battle was divided in opinion. So here, Starro is going to face a growing gauntlet of telepaths until he either breaks or emerges in victory.

Remember - this is a growing gauntlet so the order does not necessarily imply any order of absolute TP power but is just general.

This is MIND WAR only - no other powers, BFR, physical fighting etc come into play. There is no prep.

Starro - in command of nine galaxies

vs

1) Hammond
2) White Queen
3) Saturn Girl
4) Martian Manhunter
5) Xavier
6) Moondragon with mind gem
7) Captain Comet (best TP version)
8) Classic Phoenix - Byrne/Claremont era Jean Grey
9) Thanos
10) V & V/Pytar Despero
11) Psi-Lord Franklin
12) Rachel Grey Phoenix
13) Cassandra Nova
14) Entire white Martian race
15) Shaman X-Man
16) Odin
17) Cassandra Nova with mind gem
18) Dark Phoenix
19) Overmind (at full power)
20) Onslaught peak power (still TP only)
21) Braniac (recent global (universal?) TP version)

Does Starro clear or is he overwhelmed? Can any of the gauntlet actually solo?

Sin I AM
Your order seems off but id say jean

basilisk
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Your order seems off but id say jean Don't forget, it's a growing gauntlet so the order isn't supposed to be a ranking as such.

So 1-8 together can mentally take down Starro?

panthergod
1-6 should be enough w/ Mind Gem to power them.

basilisk
Originally posted by panthergod
1-6 should be enough w/ Mind Gem to power them. I'm not so convinced. There are some powerful telepaths there sure, but Moondragon wasn't exactly invincible in her use of the gem - I really don't see that WM Thor's rage or Maxam's TP shielding afforded them as much protection as the power of hundreds of trillions of beings, and they got by against MD with the gem as did a few others.

Another thing worth considering is that Overmind at his most powerful was capable of mentally taking on beings at the level of the Stranger and Watchers and doing well - he was extremely powerful and represented the combined mental power of billions of beings - and Starro is several orders of magnitude more than that...

basilisk

panthergod
Originally posted by basilisk
I'm not so convinced. There are some powerful telepaths there sure, but Moondragon wasn't exactly invincible in her use of the gem - I really don't see that WM Thor's rage or Maxam's TP shielding afforded them as much protection as the power of hundreds of trillions of beings, and they got by against MD with the gem as did a few others.

Another thing worth considering is that Overmind at his most powerful was capable of mentally taking on beings at the level of the Stranger and Watchers and doing well - he was extremely powerful and represented the combined mental power of billions of beings - and Starro is several orders of magnitude more than that...

Those other characters are well above Moondragon in TP skill and can help access the full power of the gem, unlike Moondragon.

Stoic
It should be noted that the Mind Gem on it's own is powerful, but without the Power Gem it's not that powerful. Unless the combined TP powers against Starro are capable of taking the minds that he controls from him, they may be in the same boat as Despero was. I don't think that there's a mind in comics outside of Abstract beings that would be capable of defeating Starro at the mind whammy game.

basilisk
Originally posted by Stoic
It should be noted that the Mind Gem on it's own is powerful, but without the Power Gem it's not that powerful. Unless the combined TP powers against Starro are capable of taking the minds that he controls from him, they may be in the same boat as Despero was. I don't think that there's a mind in comics outside of Abstract beings that would be capable of defeating Starro at the mind whammy game. I largely agree with this. That's why I was curious about how the gauntlet would go at the point where the top tier guys like FP Onslaught, Dark Phoenix, Shaman X-Man, Legion (actually I notice I forgot him) , Overmind, Braniac etc are fighting Starro en masse...

Stoic
I largely agree with this. That's why I was curious about how the gauntlet would go at the point where the top tier guys like FP Onslaught, Dark Phoenix, Shaman X-Man, Legion (actually I notice I forgot him) , Overmind, Braniac etc are fighting Starro en masse...

If they can take control of Starro's collective, they would destroy him. I wonder if they have that kind of power? He reminds me of the Hunger from Marvel in a way, just not as powerful as the Hunger was supposed to be at it's most powerful. What I mean is that the Hunger devoured entire realities (they wrote him off very cheaply IMO), whereas Starro took possession of the minds of every being in several galaxies. At some point, if Starro isn't stopped he could become nearly unstoppable.

basilisk
Yeah, Starro is the sort of guy that cosmics would probably start to take notice of, and try to stop before he reached some sort of unstoppable critical mass of mental energy. Nine galaxies is a lot.

beatboks
We all know how the Starro vs Despero fight went. Starro was in command of the minds of nine galaxies and using the combined mental power of hundreds of trillions of beings. Despero fighting him was likened to "stepping into a puddle, only to find it has no bottom".

The recent Galactus vs Starro mental battle was divided in opinion. So here, Starro is going to face a growing gauntlet of telepaths until he either breaks or emerges in victory.

Remember - this is a growing gauntlet so the order does not necessarily imply any order of absolute TP power but is just general.

This is MIND WAR only - no other powers, BFR, physical fighting etc come into play. There is no prep.

Starro - in command of nine galaxies

vs

1) Hammond
2) White Queen
3) Saturn Girl
4) Martian Manhunter
5) Xavier
6) Moondragon with mind gem
7) Captain Comet (best TP version)
8) Classic Phoenix - Byrne/Claremont era Jean Grey
9) Thanos
10) V & V/Pytar Despero
11) Psi-Lord Franklin
12) Rachel Grey Phoenix
13) Cassandra Nova
14) Entire white Martian race
15) Shaman X-Man
16) Odin
17) Cassandra Nova with mind gem
18) Dark Phoenix
19) Overmind (at full power)
20) Onslaught peak power (still TP only)
21) Braniac (recent global (universal?) TP version)

Does Starro clear or is he overwhelmed? Can any of the gauntlet actually solo?

What do yiu mean by "growing gauntlet"?
If you mean each level adds that character to the ones from orevious (I.e. by level 3 Saturn Girl + white queen + Hammind) then he doesnt get far at all.

1. Starro isn't a TPer he cant attack them with mental inslaught and you've dissallowed anything else. Without a means to counter attack how does he defeat any level.
2. No other TPer would attack Starro in the way Despero did. Seriously most TPers don't try and overwhelm someone with mental images of their feats. Most assault their mind more directly.

Thats actually a pretty standard attack mode (telepathically speaking) for Despero and it fails often

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122996/3253936-justiceleague2011-020-012_zps14352c3f.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/2wlay6/thor_vs_martian_manhunter/&h=1024&w=666&tbnid=EKgK1CTpdk1J2M:&docid=J6k7eOGJz2gzMM&ei=Yg06VpLNKIv9oQSl3ZrICA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCcQMygLMAtqFQoTCJKG-_X09sgCFYt-iAodpa4GiQ

The fact is that Starro has no feats defending against a normal straight forward TP attack aimed solely at taking over his mind (as most telepaths use) means he hasnt demonstrated a defense against anyone on the list.

Starro falls by round 3, 4or 5 tops.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.