Death Battle Agreements.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Opposite of Deathbattle disagreements.

Which arguments and battles do you agree on?

StealthRanger
Boba Fett vs Samus

Kratos vs Spawn

Thor vs Raiden (MK)

Q99
Raiden vs Wolverine and Snake vs Fisher were both good.

Willy vs Eggman too

AuraAngel
What if one agrees with the result but not the reasoning?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
What if one agrees with the result but not the reasoning? That describes most deathbattles people agree with.

Edit: this is now the only thread on the board I can open and read, let alone post in. Godamnit, KMC.

wakkawakkawakka
Link vs Cloud & Kirby vs Buu?

Nemesis X

Like Ryu vs Scorpion?

"I'm undead so I can take a building busting hadoken and in no way would consider teleporting out of the way"

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Like Ryu vs Scorpion?

"I'm undead so I can take a building busting hadoken and in no way would consider teleporting out of the way"

Ryu vs Scorpion is the definitive logic busting episode.

Also, is 1 10% abv beer and 2 11.6% abv beer about equivilent to six shots? Because I'm suddenly seeing double vision.

(Feels like a lightweight.)

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman vs Goku 1&2
Captain America vs batman

Jmanghan
Eh, whatever points or results you agree on is fine, there's no rules to this, it's essentially the opposite of the Deathbattle disagreements thread.

Ridley_Prime
Alright then... Oldest to newest of which I agree with:

Boba Fett vs Samus
Akuma vs Shang Tsung
TMNT Battle Royale (though disagree with their reasoning and criticism against the turtles)
Zitz vs Leonardo (if I remember right as to who the victor was)
Vegeta vs Shadow
Mario vs Sonic
Starscream vs Rainbow Dash
Doomguy vs Master Chief (though disagree with how it ended, and Doomguy didn't have his best arsenal)
Thor vs Raiden
Batman vs Spider-Man
Goku vs Superman 1 & 2
He-Man vs Lion-O
Ivy vs Orchid
Fox vs Bucky
Terminator vs Robocop
Fulgore vs Sektor
Godzilla vs Gamera
Kirby vs Majin Buu
Iron Man vs Lex Luthor
Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher
Darth Vader vs Dr Doom
Donkey Kong vs Knuckles
Wolverine vs Raiden
Hercule vs Dan

A number of ones I didn't mention in between, I either forgot who won, didn't care to watch because I didn't have enough interest of either combatant in question, or chose to abstain from agreeing/disagreeing because I didn't have equal knowledge of both fighters.

cdtm
My list would pretty mirror yours.

The only one I disagree with, is Buu'Kirby. Mainly because they spent their time trumping up how unstoppable both are, then failed to argue why one would kill the other.

Was expecting a stalemate, like the Chuck Norris one..

AuraAngel
Many of these involve characters I don't know so I have to accept the reasoning one way or the other.

Bleh. Superman vs Goku 2. Their wrong decision wasn't in the verdict so much as making it to begin with.

BeyonderGod
Superman Vs Goku 1 & 2= Truth
Shadow Vs Vegeta=BS
Gaara Vs Toph=BS
Link Vs Cloud=Truth
Wolverine Vs Raiden=BS

Even if they aren't official its the fact some battles don't make any sense.

carver9
Many of these involve characters I don't know so I have to accept the reasoning one way or the other.

Bleh. Superman vs Goku 2. Their wrong decision wasn't in the verdict so much as making it to begin with.

Both of those fights were jacked up.

AuraAngel
I was fine with the first one.

Then the second one comes out long after Super is announced. Rather than put it off and see they just assumed, perhaps reasonably, that Goku wouldn't bring much new to the table. Then punching the universe to death happened and now everything is awkward.

Q99
Tifa vs Yang was a good one.

Starscream vs Rainbow Dash was a classic.

I remember a video of someone going around at a Transformers con and asking opinions (people who hadn't seen the video)- Over 70% said Dash wins ^^

StealthRanger
>Link vs Cloud
>legit

nope.jpg

AuraAngel
How could you support Yang over Tifa? ='(

Dash vs Starscream was great though. Mostly because of Jim ****ing Sterling son.

My favorite DB was always Fox vs Bucky. But that's just cause I really enjoyed the fight and how it played out.

Originally posted by StealthRanger
>Link vs Cloud
>legit

nope.jpg

You risk opening a very big can of worms sir.

Mind you I didn't like how they gave Cloud his weakest sword and two utterly meh materia.

ScreamPaste

Dash vs Starscream was great though. Mostly because of Jim ****ing Sterling son.

My favorite DB was always Fox vs Bucky. But that's just cause I really enjoyed the fight and how it played out.

Mind you I didn't like how they gave Cloud his weakest sword and two utterly meh materia.
Don't worry, if things keep going like this, soon I won't even be able to post in this thread.

I can read them all if I log out, though. WEIRD, RIGHT? Also, while I do agree with Link winning, there were a lot of... Problems... with how they got there.

Anywhore.

Originally posted by StealthRanger
>Link vs Cloud
>legit

nope.jpg

'Fraid so.

Jmanghan

Mind you I didn't like how they gave Cloud his weakest sword and two utterly meh materia. Loved how they used his fighting moves in Dissidia as a Basis for Cloud. :/

Also, they rub the Fusion Sword in your face, showing footage of Cloud using it several times.

However this is meant more for the Deathbattle Disagreements thread, guys.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by cdtm
My list would pretty mirror yours.

The only one I disagree with, is Buu'Kirby. Mainly because they spent their time trumping up how unstoppable both are, then failed to argue why one would kill the other.

Was expecting a stalemate, like the Chuck Norris one..
Oh yeah, there was that... May retract having Buu vs Kirby on my list then. I don't know.

I enjoyed Yang vs Tifa also admittedly, but it doesn't take a Final Fantasy buff (which I'm not) to know there was some bias in that, with how close death battle/screwattack is to the people that made RWBY. They wouldn't bring their prized character in just to make her lose.

Then the second one comes out long after Super is announced. Rather than put it off and see they just assumed, perhaps reasonably, that Goku wouldn't bring much new to the table. Then punching the universe to death happened and now everything is awkward.
Yep. It was clear they just wanted to end Supes vs Goku then and there as opposed to waiting to open that can of worms again. While I was fine with it at the time, I see now it was a pretty wrong decision.

AuraAngel
It is rather lame how the FFVII cast gets like no Materia whereas older characters get to have items from different games like it isn't a big deal. They let Megaman have a lot of stuff but not nearly all of it. Why not just pick Materia at random?

Also I agreed with Megaman vs Astro Boy. Love Astro Boy. Cool little dude.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Yep. It was clear they just wanted to end Supes vs Goku then and there as opposed to waiting to open that can of worms again. While I was fine with it at the time, I see now it was a pretty wrong decision.

It actually wasn't the wrong decision.

Not only is Dragon Ball a small universe, but Post-Crisis Superman (the one used for feats in both Death Battles), still exists in New 52 and has had some more feats since then.

Darkseid is multiversal in New 52.

And Post-Crisis Superman led a fight against the Anti-Monitor with Supergirl, Flash, and Parallax, and beat the Anti-Monitor to death. The same one that was responsible for the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Anti-Monitor would destroy the DB multiverse with ease. And despite Parallax being such a beast himself, the artwork made it clear that Supes was front in center and doing the most damage in the fight.

And even before New 52, he demonstrated the strength to tear the multiversal Soulfire Darkseid in half (though this didn't defeat him). Someone else who would destroy the small 12 universe DB multiverse casually.

In Post-Crisis he also punched through Death itself, right after Death claimed that no being could pass through the final barrier that is death. Death was both fascinated and annoyed with Superman, saying it has and will see universes come and go yet Supes will somehow still persist, and that irked him.

Supes is still canonically without limits. Not only has he demonstrated zero limits to his strength on at least 3 separate occasions, he has demonstrated that his speed is without cap as well, by matching those that have no cap on theirs. He was explicitly able to match Professor Zoom in speed, and matched Barry Allen and Wally West in Final Crisis, when they had to go faster than they've ever gone before to reach Darkseid(which is saying a lot), and Superman ended up reaching Darkseid on his own through his own sheer speed. He also has ignored complete time-stop with Super Speed.

CosmicComet
It is rather lame how the FFVII cast gets like no Materia whereas older characters get to have items from different games like it isn't a big deal. They let Megaman have a lot of stuff but not nearly all of it. Why not just pick Materia at random?

Also I agreed with Megaman vs Astro Boy. Love Astro Boy. Cool little dude.

They get the materia they have been shown to use in cross-over games like Dissidia. It's the only compromise that makes sense.

There are hundreds of materia, and its impossible to equip them all, and in the scenes in FF7 there are only a few IIRC that we can say they canonically ever even get or receive from someone else.

Whose to say the crew ever canonically got all of them anyway? Materia is for the most part, a gameplay mechanic, maybe a bulk of materia types are just for gameplay and don't even actually exist. Materia is player-choice, and you have to eliminate that.

Megaman beats bosses in non-optional story fights to get their powers, not exactly the same as opening some optional chest that is never referred to in the story and getting some random assortment of materia.

AuraAngel
Having played Smash 4, Megaman never once stops time, fuses with Rush, shoots a black hole(his final smash is one I guess but the applications are far different), shoots hornets, or reflect energy projectiles. There might be a version of Megaman that does use all of these in a fighting game but I sincerely doubt that to be the case.

I mean I'd be fine with the idea that they don't wanna factor in the theoretically limitless potential of materia into the mix. After all, we have no proof that Cloud can turn his enemies into frogs(he does canonically get this materia through Cait Sith). But here's the thing: Harry Potter never ever uses the Killing Curse. Luigi hadn't used the Poltergust 5000 along with the Negative Zone. Gaara never adds the gold dust to his sand permanently, Goku never grabs his opponents head to read their thoughts in battle, and Kid Buu never screams a hole in dimensions.

They pick and choose dude lol. They seem to factor in game stats(like calling Tifa a glass canon) while also making decisions that ignore said stats(Cloud is the best spellcaster after Aerith? Better not give him more than two spells).

And I mean it's not like I'm annoyed that Megaman got the stuff he did. Astro Boy was so far above Megaman that he was simply not going to lose so may as well factor in the hax stuff Megaman has as a way of preemptively beating backlash. You could have done the same for Cloud(not Tifa vs Yang though). The Master Sword isn't going to let Cloud turn Link into a frog so there is no harm in mentioning it. The same sword will cut through any magical barriers Cloud throws up. Every summon is already out of the picture. I just don't see why it is particularly fair that Link can get Roc's feather, Golden Gauntlets, Red Ring, Sword beam, Skyward Strike, and the medallions but they won't let Cloud have cure? A materia he canonically finds and equips to his gear?

Ridley_Prime
Well, guess I would add the result of Mewtwo vs Shadow to my list here, even though I still feel using the character sprites is a huge step back from all the unique 3D fights death battle has stood out for more.

cdtm
May as well stick to what makes them unique, especially after BITS just used 3d animation that makes their stuff look like PS1 era to next gen fully loaded gaming PC's by comparison.

And agreed, this is one Death Battle outcome I agree with, and one of the first truely logical, obvious outcomes since Superman vs Goku..

Ridley_Prime
wio4Nv3K80I

thumb up

Jmanghan
Dante vs Bayonetta
Darkseid vs Thanos
Raiden vs Wolverine

StiltmanFTW
You can't really agree with those, since you admitted you haven't read comics.

HulkIsHulk
This was a thread about agreements..
Anyway I have yet to see any Deathbattle videos, just read the results.
I say I agree with Ben 10 losing to Green Lantern (Hal)

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Darkseid vs Thanos
Raiden vs Wolverine thumb up

smile

KingD19
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
This was a thread about agreements..
Anyway I have yet to see any Deathbattle videos, just read the results.
I say I agree with Ben 10 losing to Green Lantern (Hal)

We disagree on that. Since Ben has access to guys like Way Big and Alien X(which he has full control over)

Ridley_Prime
mLOe7vGI0YI

ares834
Meh. Should have done Hades from Saint Seiya instead just to piss off the DBZ fanboys.

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
We disagree on that. Since Ben has access to guys like Way Big and Alien X(which he has full control over)

Yeah, but Hal killed all Entities Krona and jacked Nekron.

Ridley_Prime
ZyJoRqW9fbU

Jmanghan

Then the second one comes out long after Super is announced. Rather than put it off and see they just assumed, perhaps reasonably, that Goku wouldn't bring much new to the table. Then punching the universe to death happened and now everything is awkward. It's not that they didn't think he wouldn't bring much to the table, it's that they don't think there's many people in fiction period, who can beat Superman.

They made a video a few years titled "Who can beat Superman?", and they were vague and said "we gotta be honest, there aren't many who could pull it off", and then proceeded to not name-drop anyone in fiction who they thought could beat him.

They went as far to say that Thor, Batman, and Hulk on a Kryptonite planet probably still couldn't beat him.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
ZyJoRqW9fbU

Hulk being able to reattach his head like he's Deadpool is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Other than that, good battle.

Ridley_Prime
bxfdtdiLwB8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.