Ben Carson touts creationism during Nashville speech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ayelewis

Surtur
He says he "did just fine" but not really. I don't doubt he is financially set but..dude you went out in public saying you cured prostate cancer with tree bark and aloe vera. You are so far from fine it's not even funny.

I have to wonder if Donald Trump didn't secretly hire this guy. You know how some girls have that fat/ugly friend so that they always seem to look good in comparison? Yeah, that is what Trump did with Carson.

Time-Immemorial
Obama is a "christian", and no one has a problem with it, so why do people have a problem with carson being one?

Surtur
There is a world of difference between merely believing in God and thinking evolution and all this other stuff is bunk and that dinosaurs co-existed with humans.

On top of that is this person is a doctor so he should at least have a smidge of intelligence. Most Christians do not see evolution as just some fairy tale.

Here is a big difference between this guy and Trump: I actually don't think Trump truly believes most of the crap he spouts. He merely knows how to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Obama is a "christian", and no one has a problem with it, so why do people have a problem with carson being one?
The problem isn't with Carson's Christianity, it's with his beliefs that are pretty radical regarding things like evolution.

Star428
Good for him. As I"ve said repeatedly before, Carson is a very intelligent man and doesn't surprise me that he hasn't been deceived by the lies of evolutionary theory. He is a very good man but I"m not sure if I want him as President even though he recognizes the lies of evolution which is a huge plus. He just doesn't have the passionate fire of candidates like Trump, Rubio, Cruz, or Christie. Even Fiorina has more than him. I'd still prefer him over any democrat any day of the week though.

Surtur
Originally posted by Star428
Good for him. As I"ve said repeatedly before, Carson is a very intelligent man and doesn't surprise me that he hasn't been deceived by the lies of evolutionary theory. He is a very good man but I"m not sure if I want him as President even though he recognizes the lies of evolution which is a huge plus. He just doesn't have the passionate fire of candidates like Trump, Rubio, Cruz, or Christie. Even Fiorina has more than him. I'd still prefer him over any democrat any day of the week though.

So you feel an intelligent man would think he cured his prostate cancer with a mixture of tree bark, aloe vera, and other ingredients?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The problem isn't with Carson's Christianity, it's with his beliefs that are pretty radical regarding things like evolution.

Who ****ing cares what he believes about creation or evolution, they have already taken place. JHFC, its like people get so overboard about someones beliefs, and these beliefs don't even affect anyone else.

Omega Vision
Who ****ing cares what he believes about creation or evolution, they have already taken place. JHFC, its like people get so overboard about someones beliefs, and these beliefs don't even affect anyone else.
Something like that isn't irrelevant though. Someone who doesn't believe in evolution is likely to hold other backward beliefs. Add to that his bizarre ideas about the holocaust and his comparison of Obamacare to slavery and you have a guy who's clearly just a bit out of touch with reality.

Surtur

Well I would care if our president was so utterly stupid he thought evolution wasn't a thing. It's one thing to merely believe in God since we technically have no evidence to contradict God exists. We do however have evidence to contradict a variety of things creationists claim.

Time-Immemorial
Something like that isn't irrelevant though. Someone who doesn't believe in evolution is likely to hold other backward beliefs. Add to that his bizarre ideas about the holocaust and his comparison of Obamacare to slavery and you have a guy who's clearly just a bit out of touch with reality.

And you don't think Obama is out of touch reality? Funny, cause he clearly is, look at Obama care, its horrible, and everyone is in denial about it.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/02/obamacares-death-spiral-stage-one-denial/

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
Well I would care if our president was so utterly stupid he thought evolution wasn't a thing. It's one thing to merely believe in God since we technically have no evidence to contradict God exists. We do however have evidence to contradict a variety of things creationists claim.

People get to caught up in his beliefs, while swallowing Obama's lies with two scoops of shit.

Surtur
People get to caught up in his beliefs, while swallowing Obama's lies with two scoops of shit.

It's less about beliefs and more about intelligence. Let me ask: would you be confident in a president if said president legitimately thought the world was not round, but flat?

See technically the knowledge of whether or not the world is round isn't required in order to run the country..but with the wealth of evidence out there that shows the Earth isn't flat wouldn't it worry you that despite all that this person still thought "world is flat, we'll totally sail right off it if we go too far".

So he can believe in God, fine. But if he legitimately believes something like..the planet is less then 10,000 years old..well, I know 12 yr. olds who know better.

Star428
LOL. No surprise that the atheist natives of KMC get riled up over this. Seriously though, I don't want an atheist President any more than I want a Muslim or Satanic one. I want a CHristian. It's a very important issue to me. Trump is also Christian and I'm sure most of the other Republican candidates are too.

EDit: By "Christian" I don't necessarily mean a person whom atheists would call a"Bible Thumper" but someone who at least believes in the Holy Trinity God. They don't have to be a church goer or quote the Bible all the time.

Time-Immemorial
It's less about beliefs and more about intelligence. Let me ask: would you be confident in a president if said president legitimately thought the world was not round, but flat?

See technically the knowledge of whether or not the world is round isn't required in order to run the country..but with the wealth of evidence out there that shows the Earth isn't flat wouldn't it worry you that despite all that this person still thought "world is flat, we'll totally sail right off it if we go too far".

So he can believe in God, fine. But if he legitimately believes something like..the planet is less then 10,000 years old..well, I know 12 yr. olds who know better.

I don't think he said the earth was flat. People are just trying to discredit him because he's taking shots at people's beliefs. Maybe he's doing it for attention, have you ever thought of that?

Surtur
I don't think he said the earth was flat. People are just trying to discredit him because he's taking shots at people's beliefs. Maybe he's doing it for attention, have you ever thought of that?

I know he never said it was flat...it was an example. If he's trying to get attention by making himself sound stupid then..well, that is up to him I guess.

But keep in mind..some people running tend to have certain talking points about themselves. Trump goes on about how he has been a successful businessman and all that stuff. Seems like Carson tries to come off as an intellectual.

Time-Immemorial
Comparing Obamacare to the holocaust was just a sound bite to get attention, you honestly think he was serious?

Surtur
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. No surprise that the atheist natives of KMC get riled up over this. Seriously though, I don't want an atheist President any more than I want a Muslim or Satanic one. I want a CHristian. It's a very important issue to me. Trump is also Christian and I'm sure most of the other Republican candidates are too.

It's less being riled up and more just noting "wow this guy is dumb".

But see your attitude shows an attitude I see a disturbing amount of religious people having. You'd rather have a stupid religious person as president then a smart atheist.

Surtur
Comparing Obamacare to the holocaust was just a sound bite to get attention, you honestly think he was serious?

I personally don't care what he compares the Holocaust to. It's a stupid thing to say, but it is not the problem. This is a doctor who tells people he cured his prostate cancer with tree bark and aloe vera. Since he said this long before he was ever running for president I don't think you can say he was just doing it for attention.

Plus what is he a 13 yr. old girl? Why does he feel the only way to get attention is by saying stupid shit?

Ayelewis

Yes and what we don't need is a sweet-voiced psychotic who takes this fantasy nonsense seriously. Religious types are entertaining on social forums like killermovies but they shouldn't be deciding policy. People who aspire to positions of power (like the presidency) should base their views on logic and evidence, not crazy fairy tales.

The American electoral system is a disgrace. It's said that democracy is the best form of government. People like Ben Carson make me doubt that.

Surtur
Originally posted by Ayelewis
Yes and what we don't need is a sweet-voiced psychotic who takes this fantasy nonsense seriously. Religious types are entertaining on social forums like killermovies but they shouldn't be deciding policy. People who aspire to positions of power (like the presidency) should base their views on logic and evidence, not crazy fairy tales.

The American electoral system is a disgrace. It's said that democracy is the best form of government. People like Ben Carson make me doubt that.

There is a sad reality that if you had a candidate who was utterly perfect in every single way, but was also an atheist..you'd have a lot of people refusing to vote for him based on that atheism. Which would of course mean they don't care about the country at all when it comes to doing what is best for it.

Time-Immemorial
I personally don't care what he compares the Holocaust to. It's a stupid thing to say, but it is not the problem. This is a doctor who tells people he cured his prostate cancer with tree bark and aloe vera. Since he said this long before he was ever running for president I don't think you can say he was just doing it for attention.

Plus what is he a 13 yr. old girl? Why does he feel the only way to get attention is by saying stupid shit?

People been curing themselves homeopathically for thousands of years, who am I to say he is lying?

Ushgarak
No need to make an individual thread for this- use the main primary thread. Also please tone down the aggressiveness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.