Thanos vs Grandmaster...where would you rank them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
If I had to vote for 2 characters to occupy that "top of Trans/bottom of Skyfather" tier of power, it would be these two as I honestly feel that they've both demonstrated enough to claim either spot (obviously I know some peeps dont agree with this opinion)...

Anyway, if you had to pick one of these guys for top dog of the Trans Tier and the other for low dog of Skyfather, who would you put where?

Stoic
Grandmaster lacks appearances and feats. It's difficult to get a well rounded perspective of where he should actually be placed. From what I've seen though, I think Odin would smoke him, but unlike Thanos, I have strong doubts about GM getting back up.

zopzop
IMHO, I'd rank Grandmaster as low skyfather and Thanos as high trans.

TheLordofMurder
Gonna add some scans from a related thread to this one (as well as one I've been searching for for a while):

Here is Grandmaster demonstrating great Time/Space Manipulation powers:

TheLordofMurder
http://postimg.org/image/beth4zzx3/
http://postimg.org/image/uyfsrrn25/
http://postimg.org/image/fh8k4clnb/

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
IMHO, I'd rank Grandmaster as low skyfather and Thanos as high trans.

thumb up

I agree with this...

Insane Titan
Thanos shits on Grandmaster making look a fool

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos shits on Grandmaster making look a fool

Thanos out smarted Grandmaster; he never overpowered him...

This thread deals with how they rank based on their overall power, not how clever they are...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Outsmarting somebody that is known for being super smart is what was so impressive. That's grandmaster thing... and thanos beat him at his thing. What's left then?

basilisk
Don't know if it's that impressive, I mean Daredevil and Hawkeye both did it on separate occasions. Basically they all just cheated while Grandmaster followed the rules as is his nature. He loses more than he wins, actually.

But Grandmaster is overall more powerful. Grandmaster as low skyfather and Thanos as high trans seems reasonable, though there are times when both are lower.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Outsmarting somebody that is known for being super smart is what was so impressive. That's grandmaster thing... and thanos beat him at his thing. What's left then?

Raw power?

Also, keep in mind that Thanos had 5 Gems to Grandmasters 1 at the time of his confrontation against him...

Thanos states on panel that because of his advantage, he could have beaten Grandmaster 1000 different ways, but choose the way that was most enjoyable to him...

Now Thanos does go on to say that Grandmaster was a fool for not keeping the Gem on his person, and perhaps that is true, but once again...Thanos had 5 Gems to Grandmasters 1...Thanos's victory was a forgone conclusion at that point.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by basilisk
Don't know if it's that impressive, I mean Daredevil and Hawkeye both did it on separate occasions. Basically they all just cheated while Grandmaster followed the rules as is his nature. He loses more than he wins, actually.

But Grandmaster is overall more powerful. Grandmaster as low skyfather and Thanos as high trans seems reasonable, though there are times when both are lower.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
To directly quote Thanos:

"Of course, with the five Infinity Gems in my possession, I could have taken the sixth from Grandmaster in any of a thousand ways."

"But this method was surely the most enjoyable."

Insane Titan
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
To directly quote Thanos:

"Of course, with the five Infinity Gems in my possession, I could have taken the sixth from Grandmaster in any of a thousand ways."

"But this method was surely the most enjoyable." as in he beat him by being smarter. No gems needed, so basically humiliating the so called grandmaster of games at a game he created.

KuRuPT Thanosi
as in he beat him by being smarter. No gems needed, so basically humiliating the so called grandmaster of games at a game he created.

Exactly, when you beat somebody at their schtick... it's more impressive than beating them at a game of hopscotch

TheLordofMurder
as in he beat him by being smarter. No gems needed, so basically humiliating the so called grandmaster of games at a game he created.

Well Grandmaster outsmarted Death itself; which is a High Abstract...

That trumps Thanos outsmarting a Low Skyfather...eh?

TheLordofMurder
@Insane and Kurupt

Outsmarting is not equal to being more powerful; see Grandmaster getting the upper hand on Death...

I, and others here as well, see Grandmaster as having more raw power than Thanos; sure Thanos outsmarted him, but that doesnt automatically equate to Thanos being the more powerful of the two...

KuRuPT Thanosi
So then... who's the best people Grandmaster has beaten in a vs. battle?

Insane Titan
Well Grandmaster outsmarted Death itself; which is a High Abstract...

That trumps Thanos outsmarting a Low Skyfather...eh? thanos has out tricked death lol. He's done it to several abstracts big deal.

Insane Titan
@Insane and Kurupt

Outsmarting is not equal to being more powerful; see Grandmaster getting the upper hand on Death...

I, and others here as well, see Grandmaster as having more raw power than Thanos; sure Thanos outsmarted him, but that doesnt automatically equate to Thanos being the more powerful of the two... he wasn't more powerful than death, talk about lying about context.

Grandmaster has no battle feats to worry Thanos

Mr Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

So then... who's the best people Grandmaster has beaten in a vs. battle?
Miss Death, ... kinda, ... we'll he took her off-guard while she was distracted.

That's equally hilarious imo but whatevs.

The true comedy is what he was able to accomplish with her power which he had absorb.
Comics are so ridiculous sometimes to get out a story.
GM gained the power to implode the universe,
and restart the original Big Bang which gave birth to him and all else.

Nice, ... that's "Death" (watch out) ... it's not a stretch.
But how the hell do you (mr "Elder"wink absorb all her power with a simple energy strike?

In her own Realm, cause GM was dead. laughing out loud ... oh right, he studied her while he spent time there. lol

As pissy as it is ... it happened.

TheLordofMurder
he wasn't more powerful than death, talk about lying about context.

Dude, how abysmally low is your reading comprehension!?

I never said that Grandmaster was more powerful than Death...ever.

Feel free to point out where I said that at though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.