The worlds first $43 million dollar gas station

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/02/afghanistan-43m-gas-station-colossal-waste-us-taxpayer-money/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34703279

http://www.pogo.org/blog/2015/11/dod-pays-premium-for-gas-station-in-afghanistan.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Obama must have been directly in charge. Clearly no one else could have failed this bad.

"The cost of $43m is far larger than the estimated cost of building natural gas stations in other countries - which ranges from $200,000 to $500,000.
By comparison, a similar project in Pakistan was estimated to cost only $306,000."

Oh wait, he spent $500,000,000 on 50 Syrian Rebelslaughing out loud

What a waste! laughing out loud laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial

Time-Immemorial
How the hell is it even possible to spend $43 million on a gas station.

Time-Immemorial
LHM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/11/02/how-the-pentagon-spent-43-million-on-a-single-gas-station/

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How the hell is it even possible to spend $43 million on a gas station.
Corruption. Lots of local corruption.

Time-Immemorial
And our idiots in charge kept writing them checks. Do you see how effing stupid this is and how much of that money could have been spent here on schools or food for kids!????

Star428
And our idiots in charge kept writing them checks. Do you see how effing stupid this is and how much of that money could have been spent here on schools or food for kids!????

That's so true. That money could've been used to feed a lot of people.

Time-Immemorial
Thats enough money to buy thousands of people food for a few years.

Omega Vision
Or even on food for kids in Afghanistan. Just on anything but feeding Afghani corruption.

Time-Immemorial
Someone in Obamas DOD was cutting the checks. That means there is corruption on our end or plain stupidity.

Time-Immemorial
I can't fathom this type of waste.

Why can't this kind of money be put towards Medicare, or the Va!??

Add this to Obamas legacy.

The most expensive gas station built in history which will be blown up within 6 months.

Surtur
This makes me wish I could find this one book I have..in one part it lists all these government blunders from the last century. For instance we've purchased land that it turned out we already owned.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
This makes me wish I could find this one book I have..in one part it lists all these government blunders from the last century. For instance we've purchased land that it turned out we already owned.

laughing out loud

Surtur
Also what do you mean he spent $500 million on 50 rebels?

Time-Immemorial
Sorry it was 4 or 5, not 50...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/4-or-5-in-syria-trained-by-us---500m-spent-527009859993

Surtur
I don't quite understand how training 5 people costs half a billion? Did we figure out the Super Soldier Serum or some shit? No that can't be it because even Obama wouldn't be dumb enough to give the SSS to Syrian rebels.

Time-Immemorial
I don't quite understand how training 5 people costs half a billion? Did we figure out the Super Soldier Serum or some shit?

Leave it to liberals + govermenent= biggest waste of money ever spent.

$43 ****ing million dollars on a CNG in Afghanistanlaughing out loud

Surtur
I see, well now I can understand why Russia and China are just losing so much sleep over Obama.

Time-Immemorial
I see, well now I can understand why Russia and China are just losing so much sleep over Obama.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Surtur
I know how to get one over on them now. Prevent them from getting any shipments of any medicines like "tums". Let their worry destroy them from the inside! Pepto Bismol? How about Pepto BisNO.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Corruption. Lots of local corruption.

Yeah. Wash D.C is way ripe with it.

Q99
It's interesting how you personally blame Obama for military projects made at not-even-close to presidential levels, and something that the President does not even have control over?

Shouldn't this be a call for more oversight/reform of military procurement and spending? Or is blaming the factors actually involved too hard?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99

Shouldn't this be a call for more oversight/reform of military procurement and spending? Or is blaming the factors actually involved too hard?

If this was an actual terrorist act how would any of that actually do anything?

Q99
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If this was an actual terrorist act how would any of that actually do anything?

Well, that's a tangent.

And we've had terrorist attacks on US assets without blaming the various presidents before, yes. Because most of the time, the president really doesn't have anything to do with the details like precise location of assets or security measures.

The President decides stuff like 'do we go to war and with whom,' and 'what high-level strategic plan gets used'. Congress has more say in this budget/procurement stuff, and even then, it's many layers removed.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99
Well, that's a tangent.

And we've had terrorist attacks on US assets without blaming the various presidents before, yes. Because most of the time, the president really doesn't have anything to do with the details like precise location of assets or security measures.

The President decides stuff like 'do we go to war and with whom,' and 'what high-level strategic plan gets used'. Congress has more say in this budget/procurement stuff, and even then, it's many layers removed.

Except that it happened during Prez Obama's tenure in office so he must take some of the share of blame. Like Prez W.Bush being held the same way with the WTC attack.

Tzeentch
Most people don't blame Bush for the WTC bombing so much as they blame the FBI/CIA for basically ignoring the repeated warnings from other international intelligence agencies that an attack was imminent. What people do blame Bush for, and rightfully so, was the following response. "A bunch of Saudis blew up our buildings, let's go kick over Iraq!"

Flyattractor
Yeah. Liberals do hate it when we take down Tyrant Governments.

Tzeentch
Especially when doing so only makes the situation 10 times worse.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Especially when doing so only makes the situation 10 times worse.

Yeah because there were no Islamic Terrorist in the world before 9/11 and the middle east was a land of peace milk and honey.

Van Hohenheim
I'm just glad we have TI, next time another Bush tries to invade another country illegally, he'll step in and stop them.

Maybe if you criticize both side's equally people wouldn't consider you a joke.

Flyattractor
This is funny coming from a Deju Vu post.

Tzeentch
Yeah because there were no Islamic Terrorist in the world before 9/11 and the middle east was a land of peace milk and honey. Literally does not address what I said at all.

Van Hohenheim
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/02/afghanistan-43m-gas-station-colossal-waste-us-taxpayer-money/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34703279

http://www.pogo.org/blog/2015/11/dod-pays-premium-for-gas-station-in-afghanistan.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Obama must have been directly in charge. Clearly no one else could have failed this bad.

"The cost of $43m is far larger than the estimated cost of building natural gas stations in other countries - which ranges from $200,000 to $500,000.
By comparison, a similar project in Pakistan was estimated to cost only $306,000."

Oh wait, he spent $500,000,000 on 50 Syrian Rebelslaughing out loud

What a waste! laughing out loud laughing out loud

What TI neglects to mention:

" Sopko said billions of U.S. dollars have been wasted to date in Afghanistan. In its quarterly report to Congress, released Friday, SIGAR said the U.S. has provided $8.4 billion for counter-narcotics efforts in Afghanistan since 2002, yet the country remains the world's leading producer of opium."

This is from his first source, the one from Fox news, great source.

Anyways, do tell us who was in presidency during 2002, that's the person that truly screwed the US population.

I haven't even dug through all your sources, let alone do my own research on the matter, so for now I can't comment on the main issue.

Van Hohenheim
This is funny coming from a Deju Vu post.

When every smart person come to the same conclusion independently, you find it funny?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
When every smart person come to the same conclusion independently, you find it funny?

I wouldn't say I was that excited by your post..... rolling on floor laughing

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
What TI neglects to mention:

" Sopko said billions of U.S. dollars have been wasted to date in Afghanistan. In its quarterly report to Congress, released Friday, SIGAR said the U.S. has provided $8.4 billion for counter-narcotics efforts in Afghanistan since 2002, yet the country remains the world's leading producer of opium."

This is from his first source, the one from Fox news, great source.

Anyways, do tell us who was in presidency during 2002, that's the person that truly screwed the US population.

I haven't even dug through all your sources, let alone do my own research on the matter, so for now I can't comment on the main issue.

The topic was the gas station, but if you want to highlight Obamas other failures, I am fine with that.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Most people don't blame Bush for the WTC bombing so much as they blame the FBI/CIA for basically ignoring the repeated warnings from other international intelligence agencies that an attack was imminent. What people do blame Bush for, and rightfully so, was the following response. "A bunch of Saudis blew up our buildings, let's go kick over Iraq!"

Saddam did try and kill his dad though thumb up

uL6OGwsp9_o
Trillion+ spent, ten of thousands of lives lost, an unstable Iraq and a sodomized economy all for a personal vendetta and so some people's stocks could go up

edit: My error, deaths were in the hundred thousands range

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.