What was the greatest year of kmc ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Discuss.

Time-Immemorial
2013, back when shit was crazy as hell.

long pig
Back when we were started cbvf and worked out the rules and everything. All the terminology etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
2013, back when shit was crazy as hell. 07,08, and 09 made 2013 look timid by comparison in terms of activity.

Time-Immemorial
Those years were heavy in bans though.

quanchi112
Those years were heavy in bans though. When the activity is that high bans usually always follow suit.

Time-Immemorial
Look like we made it thoughsmile

Tzeentch
2010 to around the beginning of 2013, imo.

Adam Grimes
August 23, 2013.

Omega Vision
2007 seemed to be the year when a bunch of the greats (and not so greats) joined. I didn't join until 2009. I thought 2010 was a pretty good year. Back in 2010 the OTT in the CBVF was so much cooler and more happening than it is now.

Mindset
Forum took a dip in quality Oct 2009.

We've never recovered.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
2007 seemed to be the year when a bunch of the greats (and not so greats) joined. I didn't join until 2009. I thought 2010 was a pretty good year. Back in 2010 the OTT in the CBVF was so much cooler and more happening than it is now. I am one of the greats you speak of.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
August 23, 2013.

laughing out loud

Bentley
The forum was pretty good back when I joined and still the year after. So really a long time ago messed

draxx_tOfU
2007-2009 imo

As for the CBVF I'd say 07 or 08

BackFire
2003-2005 was a time when we were getting a ton of members, mostly because of the Star Wars PT, Matrix Trilogy, and LOTR's all having just come out and bringing people here who were interested in talking about those films.

Yamcha
Not so much a year but a specific date...

May 25th, 2007, a legend was born.

Mindship
Interesting question. I'd say from 2005 (when I joined) to around 2008-2009. Part of it was the novelty for me, and I remember having some great (and enlightening) debates.

Bardock42
I'd say 2005/2006 GDF and OTF were the most enjoyable for me.

Not sure if my current self would enjoy that time, but at the time I did.

Quincy
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd say 2005/2006 GDF and OTF were the most enjoyable for me.

Not sure if my current self would enjoy that time, but at the time I did.

I'd go with this

quanchi112
Originally posted by Yamcha
Not so much a year but a specific date...

May 25th, 2007, a legend was born. thumb up

Newjak
A lot of this will be subjective to the person posting and when they were having the most of fun on the board.

I want to be a little more objective. I can't really pinpoint specific dates and times but there was a period where we ranked fairly high on internet traffic. We were getting first page hits on certain topics like Stars Wars, Comic Books, and Lord of the Rings. All of our forums were getting high volumes of traffic. Also some of our individual themed boards were competing with theme specific boards at their own game. Our comic book forums being a prime example as we were easily getting the same quality and numbers as boards like CBR. We were constantly getting new members. Also the administration and moderators were more active along with the front page. The forums were flourishing.

If memory serves me correctly these would have been in the 2006 - 2009 years specially but I could be wrong.

Of course we have been on the decline in many recent years. There are a number of factors around that. One is that we have not been able to remove add and update forums that no longer serve a purpose or there are newer forums needed to handle certain topics. A lot of that has come with Administration being gone for longer periods of time. Which has also led to a lower Moderator presence as life gets in the way but we can not replace moderators who can't give as much time as needed.

We also need to desperately update the site to allow for more social media and mobile integration. Which this site is greatly outdated on.

And finally forums have general been on the decline unless they pertain to a certain niche area. For instance Halo forums, Book Series forums etc.

Astner
2015. But that's because I just recently started debating comic threads.

Surtur
2013, back when shit was crazy as hell.

In this context what does "crazy as hell" even mean? Were there a lot of people trolling?

Those years were heavy in bans though.

I will note this surprises me. Merely because I have noticed that it takes a whole hell of a lot for anyone to earn more then a temp ban. Perhaps things were different years ago.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
In this context what does "crazy as hell" even mean? Were there a lot of people trolling?

I will note this surprises me. Merely because I have noticed that it takes a whole hell of a lot for anyone to earn more then a temp ban. Perhaps things were different years ago. Things were different then because we had more activity and nowadays were aren't growing but declining. Mods are far more lenient than in times past.

Time-Immemorial

I will note this surprises me. Merely because I have noticed that it takes a whole hell of a lot for anyone to earn more then a temp ban. Perhaps things were different years ago.

That's when the MVF and AvF was on fire. We used to have a skype group as well. It was fun. It's too bad that all is over.

meep-meep
Whenever betagueze and asianhulk posted regularly was kmc's golden era. Hands down.

Though the epic back and forths by quan and rob should be immortalized as well.

jaden101
Iraq war/bush second term were hilarious times.

Digi
It was that year we didn't have the wank thread about the best year of KMC. So, like, 1984.

Failing that, what Newjak said.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Things were different then because we had more activity and nowadays were aren't growing but declining. Mods are far more lenient than in times past.

Yes lenient.

In other news the ocean is wet.

Time-Immemorial
Yes lenient.

In other news the ocean is wet.

laughing out loud

Newjak
Originally posted by Digi
It was that year we didn't have the wank thread about the best year of KMC. So, like, 1984.

Failing that, what Newjak said. Every year someone creates a Golden Age of KMC thread somewhere stick out tongue

KidRock
Originally posted by BackFire
2003-2005 was a time when we were getting a ton of members, mostly because of the Star Wars PT, Matrix Trilogy, and LOTR's all having just come out and bringing people here who were interested in talking about those films.

Those truly were the days. I remember when I joined here in 2003, I was 14 and just a young ******* on these boards.

Now I am just an *******.

Whatever happened to Kes? Does she post here still?

quanchi112
Originally posted by KidRock
Those truly were the days. I remember when I joined here in 2003, I was 14 and just a young ******* on these boards.

Whatever happened to Kes? Does she post here still? Times they are a changin'.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by KidRock

Whatever happened to Kes? Does she post here still? She's my wife now.

quanchi112
She's my wife now. Like you've ever kissed a girl ?

Impediment
I registered in 2005, and I remember it being s very, very active year.

Older members will probably say 2003 and 2004 were the best years.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by quanchi112
Like you've ever kissed a girl ? A few, but maybe none as hot as your '22 years girlfriend' buddy. thumb up

quanchi112
A few, but maybe none as hot as your '22 years girlfriend' buddy. thumb up You don't get with real women but in your head you're making out with girls left and right.

Ushgarak
Not the OTF, guys- keep that kind of posturing out of here.

Adam Grimes
Quit projecting.

Time-Immemorial
The whole forum has just died. Sad.

quanchi112
The whole forum has just died. Sad. Hopefully, something will resurrect this place. I am sure no one would say 2015 is the golden age of kmc.

Jesus McBurger
The whole forum has just died. Sad.
I think its nice how it is now how like everyone knows each other

Robtard
Originally posted by meep-meep
Whenever betagueze and asianhulk posted regularly was kmc's golden era. Hands down.

Though the epic back and forths by quan and rob should be immortalized as well.

LoL, thanks though thumb up

Though I personally feel my clashes with RJ in the MVF were superior to those.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, thanks though thumb up

Though I personally feel my clashes with RJ in the MVF were superior to those.

Just as an outside observer your and quans were just really fun to read. Rj...I really cant think of one topic between you two that stands out. Gotta link to a good one, maybe?

Whatever happened to jedi? I'm guessing banned.

Edit: yup banned

Deano
The glory years 2004-2008

The forum is dead now

BackFire
The Matrix sequels brought an absurd amount of people in, because for a while, for whatever reason, when you googled the title of one of the sequels, KMC was the first thing to pop up, so we got a ton of people coming in because of that. KMC was actually one of the most active forums on the internet back then, like top 50 I think.

Honestly 2003-2010 was all very solid and the forum was very busy and active.

ilikecomics
The Matrix sequels brought an absurd amount of people in, because for a while, for whatever reason, when you googled the title of one of the sequels, KMC was the first thing to pop up, so we got a ton of people coming in because of that. KMC was actually one of the most active forums on the internet back then, like top 50 I think.

Let's figure out how to make that happen again.

Shameshame
TFkx5IJvU78

Blakemore

Honestly 2003-2010 was all very solid and the forum was very busy and active. I thought it was 2005 when Revenge of the Sith was about to come out.

I simply googled a question about Star Wars (forget what it was) and boom, here I am 17 years later at the ripe old age of 30.

jaden_2.0

dzFaTP6Lk_A

Old Man Whirly!
2018-2021 Also known as the Nazi Wars for the GDF.

Light fought darkness for the soul of KMC. Had the deplorable been victorious a 1000 years of racist and sexist, highly prejudiced shit posting would have ensued.

Gaslighting and fake news was debunked, the defeated deplorables went more and more towards ad hominems, straw men and verbal abuse. Those surviving led by their leader left for the ebunker after their offensive and irrational behaviour led to many bans and epic lulz.

Reduced to Ghey Ops the deplorables wait, hoping for a Trump victory and a shift in the Overton window.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.