Synnar Vs Mad Jim Jaspers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i67.tinypic.com/sdd4p1.jpg

vs

http://i66.tinypic.com/16gll5u.jpg

zopzop
Synnar.

MJJ had potential he never realized. Synnar walked the walk.

Cogito
Synnar the Demiurge is a piece of shit that should never have existed thumb down

Mr Master
Originally posted by zopzop

MJJ had potential he never realized.
I have to disagree with that good friend.

MJJ was God within his warp. (unbeatable outside of plot)
His only true weakness was the plot device created to stop him. (the Fury)
A "plot device" which isn't Synnar, actually which doesn't exist anywhere else outside Marvel.

As for "potentials" realized: Remember friend, Cobweb saw MJJ cancel the Omniverse in a possible future.
The only detail in this "future" is that the Fury didn't stop MJJ.
That's exactly what omniversal-Merlyn sated: 'MJJ isn't stopped, the omniverse is his.'

Luckily the one and only thing able to stop MJJ was around.
Originally posted by zopzop

Synnar walked the walk.
Matrix-Merlyn walked a lot too, (like bonding the omniverse's life-force into tiny crystals) but it didn't help him.

If Synnar was God, then this is a stalemate.

Galan007
MJJ was stopped by Fury, though, so that 'possible future' never came into fruition. Where feats are concerned, MJJ was universal. He had omniversal potential, however.

Mr Master
^^ True that brother G, but imo I don't think scales matter concerning MJJ,
as you know, his warp is his God power. A warp that surrounds him first, then spreads outward.

The "possible future" point was to show that minus the Fury, in Marvel, MJJ can not be stopped.

Remember good friend, this understanding was portrayed again in 'Die by the Sword.'

Galan007
Scale here would matter in a sense, imo. Why? Because becoming 'God' of the entire Omniverse is, well, an infinitely better feat than becoming 'God' of a single universe. This is the same basic reason why Hickman-era Infinity Gauntlets are considered inferior to the 'classic' IG. Sometimes, scope/scale does matter in these types of threads.

But you're right in saying that Jaspers was nearly all-powerful within his universal warp. He was only undone by a plot-device creature that was created by one of his alternates.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

Scale here would matter in a sense, imo. Why? Because becoming 'God' of the entire Omniverse is, well, an infinitely better feat than becoming 'God' of a single universe..
If that were the case, Merlyn could've stopped Jaspers.

Remember, JJ wasn't God of a single universe, he was God within his warp.
His warp just happened to go that far until Fury stopped him.
It doesn't matter what anyone is capable of outside that warp, once the warp reaches you, you're owned.

If you recall good friend, when Fury bfr'd JJ to other universeS in their battle,
JJ was still the man so long as it was within reality. JJ didn't need to be confined to 616.

This is the same basic reason why Hickman-era Infinity Gauntlets are considered inferior to the 'classic' IG. Sometimes, scope/scale does matter in these types of threads.
I agree concerning the IG. But imo this eg. doesn't relate to MJJ.

But you're right in saying that Jaspers was nearly all-powerful within his universal warp. He was only undone by a plot-device creature that was created by one of his alternates.
I rather just call it: "within his warp" ... cause it doesn't matter how far it's expanded.

Galan007
When we're dealing with these omnipotent types, it does matter how vast their displayed influence/warp/power was.

Had MJJ actually warped the omniverse, we'd be dealing with an infinitely greater feat than what he displayed. I should not have to explain why warping the omniverse is superior to warping a universe.

As I said above: he's got universal feats. Omniversal potential.

Mr Master
^^ If this were a contest strictly based on who affected more space-time I'd agree old friend,
but since this a battle, the result is based on who's more powerful imo.

If someone made a vs thread where matrix-Merlyn fought MJJ, I would vote for MJJ,
even though I know Merlyn is responsible for far greater feats.

btw. I agree this a "special" circumstance we're dealing with here, I would generally be using your logic.

And I take back my opinion on the conclusion of this confrontation, God-like cross-company vs match-ups bump into paradoxes leading to endless debates.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.