Islam, Christianity and Government

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Which faith is more fluent and tolernt of the US constitution?

Jesus McBurger
Non

Star428
I think we all know the answer to this question, TI, considering that the country was founded on Christianity.

Jesus McBurger
We are allowed to kill gays?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Non

Based on?

Jesus McBurger
Leviticus 20:13

Time-Immemorial
Nope

Jesus McBurger
As long as you dont hurt people beleive in whatever you want to beleive

Time-Immemorial
Christianity has been getting along fine without our constitution regardless of what you think of that verse.

Why are you a Muslim apologist? They beat women and rape children.

Jesus McBurger
Do you assume all muslims are like that?

Time-Immemorial
Their teaching teach that. Have you looked at their countries? Why are they all shit holes and falling apart if they were such good people.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Their teaching teach that. Have you looked at their countries? Why are they all shit holes and falling apart if they were such good people.
You are talking about islamic states

Star428

Liberals see only what they wanna see and ignore everything else. I think we've learned that well enough by reading hundreds of their comments in GDF. thumb up

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Star428
Liberals see only what they wanna see and ignore everything else. I think we've learned that well enough by reading hundreds of their comments in GDF. thumb up
Says the guy that ignored me

Time-Immemorial
You are talking about islamic states

Who are Islamic States run by? Muslims.

Don't you understand their backwards beliefs ruin themselves and everyone else.

Jesus McBurger
Who are Islamic States run by? Muslims.

Don't you understand their backwards beliefs ruin themselves and everyone else.
Im friends with a muslim family. Dont recall them ever abusing anybody or enslaving anybody

Time-Immemorial
Im friends with a muslim family. Dont recall them ever abusing anybody or enslaving anybody

I'm friends with a few cops and don't recal them killing anyone. Yet liberals call them murders.

Jesus McBurger
Why Are you afraid of Muslims?

Time-Immemorial
I'm not.

Jesus McBurger
I got a question. Do you think a women can be at fault for her rape by what she was wearing

Time-Immemorial
That's complete bullshit, no.

Jesus McBurger
Heh wow u r different

Jesus McBurger
You just hate muslims

Time-Immemorial
What does that question and answer have to do with Muslims? I never said they rape women, they rape little boysthumb up

Jesus McBurger
What does that question and answer have to do with Muslims? I never said they rape women, they rape little boysthumb up
anywaaaaaaay if you assume that all muslims do this youre ignorant yes some do but not all. There are decent ones

Time-Immemorial
anywaaaaaaay if you assume that all muslims do this youre ignorant yes some do but not all. There are decent ones

Of coarse their are. I never said their wasn't.

But their religion condones this type of behavior.

Jesus McBurger
The bible condones a man can get away with rape as long as he pays her father 5 sheckles

Time-Immemorial
That's bullshit. No it doesn't.

Jesus McBurger
Read the old testament bud

Time-Immemorial
This was the old law, in which people had to be held accountable for their actions. You are taking it out of context. Just because it's in the bible doesn't make it law.

And Jesus ratified the old law. People are saved by grace.

The Koran condones murder without payment.thumb up

Jesus McBurger
This was the old law, in which people had to be held accountable for their actions. You are taking it out of context. Just because it's in the bible doesn't make it law.

The Koran condones murder without payment.thumb up
Im not one for talking about religion. Unless you are discissing in what you believe in. I shall leave this thread as i have no quarrel with other religions

Time-Immemorial
But you have no problem mocking other religions with your signature and user name?

Star428
But you have no problem mocking other religions with your signature and user name?

thumb up

Jesus McBurger
My sig i understand could be offensive my my legit nick name is jesus

Time-Immemorial
My sig i understand could be offensive my my legit nick name is jesus

So you have no problem with being offensive? Its obvious you hate Jesus and Christians.

Jesus McBurger
So you have no problem with being offensive? Its obvious you hate Jesus and Christians.
nahhh i dont. i respect religion for the most part. but i do enjoy being edgy

jaden101

http://9d0153b41503.0.cdn.services.infralayer.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Dubai-2.jpg

Yep. Falling apart shithole right here

jaden101
And here

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.qatarliving.com/post/2015/10/05/qatar.jpg

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by jaden101
http://9d0153b41503.0.cdn.services.infralayer.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Dubai-2.jpg

Yep. Falling apart shithole right here
Such a shitty place. Those familys must live in poverty

Time-Immemorial
Actually that is a rich play ground, they import workers and the workers live in ghetto's.

http://simbarusseau.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Dubais-Labour-Ghetto/G00003zM5VeJVVZ4/I0000uXrts_NnCj8

Pwned you both.

Bentley
Actually that is a rich play ground, they import workers and the workers live in ghetto's.

http://simbarusseau.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Dubais-Labour-Ghetto/G00003zM5VeJVVZ4/I0000uXrts_NnCj8

Pwned you both.

So like every western country except the workers are inside their borders?

Jesus McBurger

Pwned you both.
1v1 me m8

Arabian Knight
Islam is a peaceful religion built upon pillars of faith, charity and love. I guarantee you would not be saying these evil things against Allah's prophet Muhammad pbuh and his religion in my country! You'd be rightfully beaten by every good able bodied Muslim !

Digi
We have separation of church and state bc the country isn't made up of one belief system. Even in one of the most Christian nations in the world, to base policy off of a religion would alienate literally tens of millions of people (to say nothing of WHICH version of Christianity it should be). The founders may have been Christian, they may have been deists, and those beliefs may or may not resemble what Christians believe today. But it was written by a bunch of angry ex-Brits in a room. Let's remember that as well.

So I feel like the answer to OP's question is - or should be - irrelevant.

So, to me, neither is more Constitutional. It's not a religious document, and remains apart from supposedly divine texts of religions. Even if you think the Bible was written by - or at least inspired by - God and His Word, let's agree that the Constitution was written by people and remains a distinctly human document first and foremost. To try to apply religious sensibilities to a secular document (or even if there are tinges of religiosity in the document itself, it serves a diverse population in a secular government) is dangerous, imo.

Also, TI invoking Islamic States is a bit of a non-sequitar, and unfortunately reveals the agenda here. That discussion, though, is a much deeper one than "which is better right now?" because we're working from stereotypes oftentimes, impartial information other times, and economic and educational forces have as much or more to do with extremism than strictly religious forces. Basically, it's a much more nuanced beast than I'd expect we have the capacity for here.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Arabian Knight
Islam is a peaceful religion built upon pillars of faith, charity and love. I guarantee you would not be saying these evil things against Allah's prophet Muhammad pbuh and his religion in my country! You'd be rightfully beaten by every good able bodied Muslim ! I would go to war with you.

Time-Immemorial
It seems to me Islam is protected here and Christianity is bashed repeatidly.

Anyone know why?

Jesus McBurger
It's reverse out on the real world

Time-Immemorial
Why

Jesus McBurger
Because some terror groups kill in the name of Islam.... But just be cause a few groups kill in the name of religion does not make the whole religion violent. That's like saying because the KKK was a Christian group that makes all Christians are racist or let's not forget about the Oklahoma City bombing

Jesus McBurger
Pwned you
as you would say

Star428
It seems to me Islam is protected here and Christianity is bashed repeatidly.

Anyone know why?

Yes, we all know it is. As for why, I believe it's because Satan hates Christ but he knows that "Allah" is fake so it doesn't bother him to see people praising a God who doesn't actually exist. He probably laughs about it, as a matter of a fact. Whether people wanna admit it or not or believe in him or not his influence over this world is extremely strong and he is superbly cunning. Fortunately, he can't sway those of us who have unshakeable faith in Christ no matter what that loser does. Make no mistake, the real enemy of humanity is not ISIS, climate change (LOL), PC liberals, or even the ugly disgusting Hilldog but instead Satan himself.

Jesus McBurger
Star might of gained some insight if he hadn't have put me on ignore

Time-Immemorial
Radical Islam strikes again in California.

Jesus McBurger
Better shut down mosques

Surtur
I think Christianity is more tolerant of it then Islam. But that doesn't mean Christianity is that tolerant of the constitution overall. Look at how many people supported that piece of shit Kim Davis.

I also see Islam bashed here so how is it protected?

Time-Immemorial
Kim Davis was a actually a registered democratlaughing out loud

She defies all logic.

Jesus McBurger
Kim Davis was a actually a registered democratlaughing out loud

She defies all logic.
What next? A Muslim Republican?

Surtur
That isn't the only logic she defies. She has more then one kid and it wasn't from some in vitro fertilization or adoption. It means someone willingly had sex with her.

That makes my brain explode, it's kind of like trying to look upon the true form of Cthulhu.

Time-Immemorial
She had a few divorces on her record too.

Surtur
Thankfully though I haven't heard much about her until I just brought her up. Her 15 minutes has come and gone.

Time-Immemorial
Did you know the clock boy is suing the government for $15 million? Of coarse this was all pre planned.

Jesus McBurger
I think he should be compensated by 15 Million? HORY SHET

Adam_PoE
Did you know the clock boy is suing the government for $15 million? Of coarse this was all pre planned.

If someone sets a trap, you do not have to step in it.

Time-Immemorial
Pretty sure I didn't..the media did.

red g jacks
america is founded on religious pluralism. the very reason why the founding fathers found it necessary to include the freedom of religion in the constitution was because christians had a bad track record when it came to respecting religious pluralism & freedom of religion.

so basically, neither religion has a doctrine which is inherently pro-religious-pluralism

but in practice (thanks mostly to the reformation and the corrosion of religious influence in western culture and society) modern christianity has been less problematic for the ideal of religious pluralism than modern islam has.

but once again, it's nothing inherent to the religion that makes this so. it has more to do with the circumstances of history.

so in short, neither religion is inherently more in line with the american constitution.... and at their core both have doctrines which claim a monopoly on religious truth and lend themselves to intolerance for other religious beliefs.

red g jacks
What does that question and answer have to do with Muslims? I never said they rape women, they rape little boysthumb up so do catholic priests

Time-Immemorial
Agreed

Star428

Yeah, I read about it. Despicable.

Adam_PoE
Pretty sure I didn't..the media did.

No, the school officials did.

If this was a plan by the boy and his family to sue the city, then it is predicated on the school officials responding precisely the way the boy and his family predicted they would respond.

Hence, just because someone sets a trap, it does not mean you have to step in it.

The school officials could have responded in any number of different ways, yet they chose to respond in precisely the way that would play into this imaginary plot, and then they had the temerity to say they are not accountable for how they responded because they were tricked into revealing their true colors.

They were entrapped by a teenage boy and just could not help themselves.

"It was all a plot to sue the city," does not excuse their behavior, it adds a layer of stupidity on top of it.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, the school officials did.

If this was a plan by the boy and his family to sue the city, then it is predicated on the school officials responding precisely the way the boy and his family predicted they would respond.

Hence, just because someone sets a trap, it does not mean you have to step in it.

The school officials could have responded in any number of different ways, yet they chose to respond in precisely the way that would play into this imaginary plot, and then they had the temerity to say they are not accountable for how they responded because they were tricked into revealing their true colors.

They were entrapped by a teenage boy and just could not help themselves.

"It was all a plot to sue the city," does not excuse their behavior, it adds a layer of stupidity on top of it. Daaaaaaaamn!!! eek! Good post!

Now that everyone knows it was a trap does the government still have to pay?

Jesus McBurger
Psalm 137:9 can someone explain this?

SamZED
That's a metaphor.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SamZED
That's a metaphor.

How do you tell the metaphor from something literal?

Time-Immemorial
the core of the islam religion is martyrdom

SamZED
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How do you tell the metaphor from something literal? If it doesn't fit into today's moral standard it's a metaphor.

Shakyamunison
If it doesn't fit into today's moral standard it's a metaphor.
So, it changes over time?

The MISTER
So, it changes over time? "How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock," (Psalm 137:9). Is this verse supposed to stand alone because it seems as though it's an incomplete picture/idea.

Like one sentence out of a paragraph.

I myself have slaughtered many babies. wink

They were roach babies but that fact isn't necessary to complete the previous sentence.

Surtur

Which is utterly ridiculous. As far as I am concerned the kid doesn't deserve any money. Are we supposed to believe this left him traumatized or something? If so then okay, a therapist doesn't cost 15 million.

If he got 15 million that money would come from...let me guess, the tax payers?

They might be asking for a ridiculously high amount in order to ensure they get *some* kind of settlement, but seriously they don't even deserve 10 grand let alone 15 million. Since where would the school get 15 million?

To me if he deserved any money that went down the tube once he or his family asked for 15 million. It shouldn't even be 15 thousand.

SamZED
So, it changes over time? Only if it helps you win the argument.

red g jacks
Psalm 137:9 can someone explain this? yea...i can explain it... the jews were exiled into babylon at the time and so they had some beef

the previous verse says

"O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one, How blessed will be the one who repays you With the recompense with which you have repaid us."

in a nutshell: ancient people were pretty cut throat. i'm sure this comes as a surprise to all of us.

Shakyamunison
Only if it helps you win the argument.

Argument? I was just asking questions.

Bentley
Argument? I was just asking questions.

He was taking a jab at religious bias, not calling you bias.

But your reply pretty much implies you admit being biased biscuits

Jesus McBurger
the core of the islam religion is martyrdom
So does Christianity... Christians worship a man who martyred himself

Jesus McBurger
That grammar tho

Time-Immemorial
Seems more and more Obama the lead muslim and his followers are turning to Islam to wage their war on Christianity.

Makes me think, since so many people think there is this wide spread "Christian Terrorism" would Obama not be considered a Christian terrorist as well?

Bardock42
No

Star428
LMFAO@anybody who thinks so-called "Christian terrorism" is more widespread or more of a threat than Islamic terrorism.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
No

Why would he not be considered a christian radical terrorist?

Adam_PoE
LMFAO@anybody who thinks so-called "Christian terrorism" is more widespread or more of a threat than Islamic terrorism.

Apparently, you are unaware that Christians are committing genocide in Africa right now. They are holding people captive, killing children, and sexually enslaving women and girls. They are even beheading people and burning people alive. All in the name of Christianity. It is a conflict on the level of the civil war in Yemen or the battle with ISIS. More than 800,000 people have been displaced to date.

FinalAnswer
Yeah but those aren't real Christians.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Apparently, you are unaware that Christians are committing genocide in Africa right now. They are holding people captive, killing children, and sexually enslaving women and girls. They are even beheading people and burning people alive. All in the name of Christianity. It is a conflict on the level of the civil war in Yemen or the battle with ISIS. More than 800,000 people have been displaced to date.

So why are those murders considered Christian when no where in the bible does it say to do that? They don't represent anything Christian.

DarthAnt66
So why are those murders considered Christian when no where in the bible does it say to do that? They don't represent anything Christian.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

Star428

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

Hmm thats not teaching, those are stories..no where does it instruct anyone to kill.

You are aware of the ten commandments are you not?

DarthAnt66
The Bible teaches through stories, bro.

That's like... the entire point. no expression

Time-Immemorial
Then you clearly do not understand the bible then.

Because no Christian believes that.

Adam_PoE
Then you clearly do not understand the bible then.

Because no Christian believes that.

The Christians committing genocide in Africa clearly do.

Time-Immemorial
And the Muslims committing genocide? They get a free pass?

Adam_PoE
And the Muslims committing genocide? They get a free pass?

What of them? I am addressing the post of Star428 in which he suggests that not only is Christian terrorism not as egregious or wide-spread as Islamic terrorism, but he questions whether it even exists.

Time-Immemorial
You lack relevance to pursue any sort of argument of trying to compare what those back water people are doing to what is going on in America.

Its funny to see you denounce those Africans and label them Christians but you can't even find it in you to denounce the shooters in California. You completely ignored the event, and you will only post in thing that suit your twisted agenda.

Adam_PoE
You lack relevance to pursue any sort of argument of trying to compare what those back water people are doing to what is going on in America.

Its funny to see you denounce those Africans and label them Christians but you can't even find it in you to denounce the shooters in California. You completely ignored the event, and you will only post in thing that suit your twisted agenda.

What is there to say about the San Bernardino shooters? Terrorists gonna terrorize. I do not like Islamic terrorists any more than Christian terrorists.

Time-Immemorial
You didn't say one thing, you avoided the entire issue.

Also why has Islam become the the official religion of the liberal democratic party?

Bardock42
It hasn't, the Democratic party just doesn't categorically condemn all Muslims including the many, many peaceful innocent ones, and you take that as endorsement.

Adam_PoE
You didn't say one thing, you avoided the entire issue.

Also why has Islam become the the official religion of the liberal democratic party?

Point to the thread about the San Bernardino shooting, and I will comment right now.

Time-Immemorial
Its been the top thread in the GDF forum for two weeks now..laughing out loud

Anyways, why is Islam becoming liberalisms religion.

Adam_PoE
Its been the top thread in the GDF forum for two weeks now..laughing out loud

It is not the top thread when I visit or I would have noticed it by now. You could always post the link since you know what thread it is.

Anyways, why is Islam becoming liberalisms religion.

If anything, mainline Christian denominations are the primary religious affiliation of Democrats. However, people with no religious affiliation whatsoever are quickly becoming the largest group among not only liberals, but Americans at large.

Time-Immemorial
More then 500 posts in two weeks, makes it the #1 thread atm.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t620472.html

BeyonderGod
*Reads the comments*
I can see Hate speech in some of this posts.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.