DoS Doomsday and DoS Superman vs the Asgardian Destroyer...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Superman and Doomsday as they were during the Death of Superman storyline vs the Asgardian Destroyer in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Loki is in control of the Destroyer...

Who wins?

Time-Immemorial
They do a fusion dance and beat the shit outa him.

carver9
Lol...wonder where you got that from.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Superman and Doomsday as they were during the Death of Superman storyline vs the Asgardian Destroyer in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Loki is in control of the Destroyer...

Who wins?

Well you'd have to power scale the gas station explosion to get a clearer picture as to who would win this one.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...wonder where you got that from.

My best friend.

panthergod
These bitter tears are extremely sweet.

ShadowFyre
Going by their appearance in DOS, The Destroyer stomps. But with all the stuff retconned in, would be a decent fight with the Destroyer eventually being triumphant. The Destroyer actually needs to put Supes down first and DD second and specifically in that order because otherwise Superman could occupy the Destroyer long enough for DD to heal and evolve and then it would be a stalemate between those two with a dead supes.

DarkSaint85
What feats does the Destroyer have when it was animated by Loki?

As the OP is worded, the DOS team wins.

burrrrrr
laughing out loud Spite. The Destroyer one-shots Superman. Doomsday falls shortly thereafter.

DarkSaint85
THIS is my reasoning.

By the time of DoS, Doomsday had already taken and survived a blast from a Guardian of Oa suicide-exploding. Something which tore a hole in space itself:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/33308/867737-doomsday12.jpg

I reckon that's far beyond what we've seen the Destroyer do, when animated by Loki.

The longer the fight goes on, the more Loki will be subjugated. He's strong, sure, but he has limits.

The fight is essentially the DoS team's to lose.

carver9
Doomsday can only be beaten by power strong enough to tear a hole in space?

DarkSaint85
Doomsday can only be beaten by power strong enough to tear a hole in space?

In terms of energy blasts, yup. Of course, if that energy was FOCUSSED, then Doomsday could be KOed.

Edit: of course, this ignores the possibility DoS Doomsday starts feeding off and adapting to the energies from the Destroyer.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In terms of energy blasts, yup. Of course, if that energy was FOCUSSED, then Doomsday could be KOed.

Edit: of course, this ignores the possibility DoS Doomsday starts feeding off and adapting to the energies from the Destroyer.

After this attack, less didn't hurt him?

DarkSaint85
After this attack, less didn't hurt him?

Energy blasts?

Not that I know of. Of course, as per the OP, I am stopping at DoS Doomsday (i.e. any showings after this are null and void).

He faced the Radiant, who took a week of fighting to bring him down (which, honestly, I can't see Loki lasting THAT long in the armour). The end explosion took out 20% of the planet (I don't know how big that planet was).

And even this did nothing but KO him.

So by the time DoS rolls around, the version of Doomsday we see is evolved PAST energy attacks. As shown when MM/Superman/Booster/Guy/Fire all simultaneously bust all over him at once and he just laughs it off.

ShadowFyre
Like I said, after all that stuff was put in later makes it a good fight. Still, neither can really harm The Destroyer.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Like I said, after all that stuff was put in later makes it a good fight. Still, neither can really harm The Destroyer.

Exactly thumb up

BUT, the longer the fight goes on, the more LOKI will be drained. He's the weak link here.

It'll be a stalemate, until Loki collapses. Then it's no longer Loki animating the Destroyer, at which point, as per OP, the DoS team wins.

JBL
The Destroyer stomps. All it has to do is murder stomp them once, you know,kill them or KO them one time for the win. This is spite.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
The Destroyer stomps. All it has to do is murder stomp them once, you know,kill them or KO them one time for the win. This is spite.

Has Loki, when animating the Destroyer, outputted that much energy before?

Edit: genuine question, btw.

ShadowFyre
Exactly thumb up

BUT, the longer the fight goes on, the more LOKI will be drained. He's the weak link here.

It'll be a stalemate, until Loki collapses. Then it's no longer Loki animating the Destroyer, at which point, as per OP, the DoS team wins.

I see what your saying. Very possible. Not entirely sure how much it will actually drain Loki as he operates it from another place and he is not physically in there. If Loki can use his own magic while in the Destroyer he can dominate through tp and trickery. These are about the two toughest people I could imagine on putting a physical beatdown on.

What would happen if Supes vibrated his hand through the Destroyer skull? Nothing or would it burn him?

the Darkone
Destroyer will beat them down period, Destroyers has unlimited strength, Stamina, very high invulnerability energy manipulate plus the wearer powers also, which mean if Loki is physical wearing the armor it's the armor powers plus his own. If he is mentally inhabiting the armor then it's just the armor powers which is at trans level if the person know hows to use the armor properly.

Time-Immemorial
What if Superdoom and Superman Fuse?

the Darkone
Destroyer rips them apart

DarkSaint85
Nobody on the Destroyer side has backed it up with any proof sad

As it is, I still see them stalemating until Loki is consumed by the Destroyer.

TheLordofMurder
Nobody on the Destroyer side has backed it up with any proof sad

As it is, I still see them stalemating until Loki is consumed by the Destroyer.

To quote Joe Cabot during Reservoir Dogs:

"You dont need proof when you got instinct!"

wink

There is proof to strongly suggest the Destroyer wins btw; I'm just gonna sit back for a while and see if someone out there knows about it...

smile

DarkSaint85
Meh, I'm never a fan of thread starters who argue for one side over the other.

StiltmanFTW
Meh, I'm never a fan of thread starters who argue for one side over the other.

thumb up

Let's crucify him.

Time-Immemorial
I'm still think a porta earring fusion will work here with a rival boost.

Mindship
When the Destroyer was animated by a regular human, it was manhandling Thor easily, and sliced Mjolnir in half with a bolt of "limitless force." I can't imagine Loki doing any less.

(Personally, when loaded up with Asgardians, I think the Destroyer should've kicked the Celestials' asses. But that's my Classic Destroyer bias showing...)

AG beats DoS team after a half-issue fight, then Superman looks at Doomsday cut in half (so much for the raging tank approach) and considers that maybe brute force isn't the way to go and starts thinking like Batman.

Insane Titan
The DOS team become Death by Destroyer team

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindship
When the Destroyer was animated by a regular human, it was manhandling Thor easily, and sliced Mjolnir in half with a bolt of "limitless force." I can't imagine Loki doing any less.

(Personally, when loaded up with Asgardians, I think the Destroyer should've kicked the Celestials' asses. But that's my Classic Destroyer bias showing...)

AG beats DoS team after a half-issue fight, then Superman looks at Doomsday cut in half (so much for the raging tank approach) and considers that maybe brute force isn't the way to go and starts thinking like Batman.

By this logic, Galactus animating the Destroyer would make it abstract, lol.

Mindship
By this logic, Galactus animating the Destroyer would make it abstract, lol. Lemme tell ya: when the Destroyer first appeared, I figured he could take on Big G. I mean, a bolt of *limitless force*. Limitless. Force. That should cut down anything. Even Wolverine.

But alas, in the never-ending-battle to make the newest bad guy the worst yet, the prior bad guy gets nerfed, and the Destroyer was no exception.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Has Loki ever animated the Destroyer?

Mindship
^ Offhand, I don't recall him doing so.

celeyhyga17
He has. It was implied that Odin was powerless to stop his rampage through conventional means. Only when Balder found Loki's soulless body in deep space was Odin able to cast his spirit out of the Destroyer. He went Mangog on Asgard and cut a path of destruction towards Odin with no signs of being stopped by conventional means.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He has. It was implied that Odin was powerless to stop his rampage through conventional means. Only when Balder found Loki's soulless body in deep space was Odin able to cast his spirit out of the Destroyer. He went Mangog on Asgard and cut a path of destruction towards Odin with no signs of being stopped by conventional means.

thumb up

Nice...I didnt think many here knew about that.

Good job! smile

Now maybe DarkSaint can appreciate just how powerful the Destroyer is when animated by Loki...

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.