Police fatally shoot 6 yr. old during car chase

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Or more like right at the conclusion of the chase apparently:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-cops-kill-6-year-old-boy-after-car-chase-n457401

We don't have all the details yet, apparently the driver of the car was the father of the child and was also shot, but is alive. Other reports have mentioned they were trying to serve some warrant, but there are conflicting reports right now.

Time-Immemorial
Typical bad dad, committing crimes with his kid in the car.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Or more like right at the conclusion of the chase apparently:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-cops-kill-6-year-old-boy-after-car-chase-n457401

We don't have all the details yet, apparently the driver of the car was the father of the child and was also shot, but is alive. Other reports have mentioned they were trying to serve some warrant, but there are conflicting reports right now.

"The state police did not explain the reason for the chase, or the circumstances that caused the officers to shoot at the car." -snip

That's the important part. IF the father was shooting first or endangering the police, can't really blame them for shooting in self defense. Do hope it's not another case of cops overreacting and firing bullets when none were needed.

Bashar Teg
Other reports have mentioned they were trying to serve some warrant, but there are conflicting reports right now.

this is why i loath 24/7 network news. even when they have nothing to contribute to the story they spin their wheels and act like they do.

Newjak
Yeah best to wait for more information before jumping to conclusions. Still sad that a child lost their life.

Time-Immemorial
Everyone should jump to conclusions, like yall did with Michael Brown.

Surtur
Though some have pointed out in the comments in that article that there are supposed to be protocols when dealing with car chases in terms of making sure if there are other passengers.

I don't know if that is a thing, though I do know car chases are usually discouraged.

Surtur
So two of the officers involved are facing murder charges now. 2nd degree murder and attempted murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/us/louisiana-child-shooting-officers-arrested/index.html

So apparently there were no warrants out and that was just the coroner who said that(which he shouldn't of been commenting on that aspect of the case anyways).

Cops also said the guy fired shots, but no firearm was found. It still seems unclear just why this chase took place. This is a strange story. Tragic obviously, but something just seems fishy.

Time-Immemorial
Horrible news, interesting this is not national headline news being talked about on every network all day.

My guess is because the victims were white. So it does not fit the liberal agenda.

Surtur
Well..yes true the kid was white.

It almost makes me wonder though if the cops thought this was someone different. Since the reaction seems weird..to pursue someone, even if they did run, but you chase them in a car and fire 5 shots.

Star428
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Horrible news, interesting this is not national headline news being talked about on every network all day.

My guess is because the victims were white. So it does not fit the liberal agenda.

thumb up

Bingo. You can also rest assured that if the victims were black then the libs on this forum would have already declared the cop guilty of being a racist murdering bastard.

Bashar Teg
oh could we please not have another topic derailment racist circlejerk?

Time-Immemorial
Its you who is derailing it, retard.

Mindset
Originally posted by Star428
thumb up

Bingo. You can also rest assured that if the victims were black then the libs on this forum would have already declared the cop guilty of being a racist murdering bastard. I guess it's a good thing they weren't black.

Silver lining, amirite?

Ascendancy
You'd think with all the insanity going on at the moment the cops would chill with the beyond excessive use of force, but I guess not. I still don't understand how even a 'suspect' ramming an officer's vehicle can be justification for firing into it.

Obviously more facts will have to be released, but the shooting seems beyond questionable as of now.

Surtur
It really seems less like one of those "cop just went apeshit" and almost like the cops were trying to cover something up. It also makes no sense to randomly ram a cop with a kid in the car.

jaden101
The kid was clearly a muslim, terrorist, mexican, democrat, chinese, athiest, black, liberal, iranian, brown, gay, isis member.

Deserved to get shot.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
The kid was clearly a muslim, terrorist, mexican, democrat, chinese, athiest, black, liberal, iranian, brown, gay, isis member.

Deserved to get shot.

Thats racial profiling, liberal was enoughthumb up

Star428
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Thats racial profiling, liberal was enoughthumb up

thumb up

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by jaden101

Deserved to get shot.
Legit laughed hard laughing out loud

Surtur
Some more news:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/questions-swirl-around-fatal-shooting-louisiana-boy-n459611

Still no reason for why this happened, but the cops apparently had a lawsuit filed against them in the past. Also apparently their duties involve *only* serving warrants.

Quincy
the heck

Robtard
Jeremy Mardis, who was buckled in to the SUV's front seat, was pronounced dead after being struck by five bullets -snip

The hell, here I was thinking it was a single stray bullet.

Time-Immemorial
Edit: wrong thread

Ascendancy
Some more news:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/questions-swirl-around-fatal-shooting-louisiana-boy-n459611

Still no reason for why this happened, but the cops apparently had a lawsuit filed against them in the past. Also apparently their duties involve *only* serving warrants.

At least they had official active paperwork against them and went outside of their duties; the cop in NY who assaulted the former tennis pro was investigated multiple times but nothing ever came of it.

As to being shot 5 times, that's just sad. I'd say murder will be a realistic conviction. You don't fire that many rounds without intent to kill. F'ed up situation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.