Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22

Omega Vision
I think so. The more tricky question would be if a wrap, a kebab/gyro, or a burrito counts as a sandwich.

Bardock42
Lets say this: If I ordered a sandwich and got a hot dog I'd be confused and possibly annoyed.

Flyattractor
Wraps and Gyros should be counted as Burritos.

Tzeentch
My gut would say that in order for something to be a sandwhich it has to be between two seperate pieces of bread, which is why a burrito and a wrap wouldn't be considered a sandwhich.

Buuuut most sandwhich rolls are a single piece of bread.

So, like OV said, the wrong question is being asked. Hot dogs are definitely sandwhiches... but so are burritos and wraps, and that just doesn't sit well with me. mmm

Mindset
Originally posted by Bardock42
Lets say this: If I ordered a sandwich and got a hot dog I'd be confused and possibly annoyed. I would be furious.

I'd burned that place to the ground.

Robtard
But you'd still eat the hotdog.

Mindset
Well, of course.

Surtur
Strange enough I know people who eat hotdogs on two normal pieces of white bread.

Robtard
Those types of people disgust me

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
Those types of people disgust me thumb up

savages who are unfit to live among civilized people.

reminds me of this sick sob who violated this kit kat:

http://fishatbat.com/wp-content/images/CGcbzy1WsAA-Agm.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
Strange enough I know people who eat hotdogs on two normal pieces of white bread. https://ultramarathonoflife.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/donfaints.gif

Surtur
Even if I cooked a hotdog and found out I had no buns I would not put it on white bread. I'd just cut it up into little pieces and have it that way. Assuming I had nothing else to eat, that is.

marwash22
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think so. The more tricky question would be if a wrap, a kebab/gyro, or a burrito counts as a sandwich. nah. not sandwiches

Bardock42
Yeah, a quesadilla though, that's a sandwich deffo.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
thumb up

savages who are unfit to live among civilized people.

reminds me of this sick sob who violated this kit kat:

http://fishatbat.com/wp-content/images/CGcbzy1WsAA-Agm.jpg

That poor bastard has just made a powerful enemy this day. He should pray we never meet.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Surtur
Strange enough I know people who eat hotdogs on two normal pieces of white bread. Tell me who they are so I can kill them.

Also, you're a sandwich, Marwash. /thread

Mindship
So, a hamburger is a sandwich.

Bardock42
Duh

marwash22
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Also, you're a sandwich, Marwash. /thread i'm not a snadwich, you're a sandwich.

Tzeentch
nah. not sandwiches Provide the definition of a sandwhich, then explain how a burrito does not match that definition. 313

Robtard
A sandwich is typically 'two pieces of bread with something between them', so a burrito wouldn't fit that definition.

Now there are some people who make single bread slice "sandwiches", but we can ignore them

jinXed by JaNx
I think Hot-Dogs like, wraps and tacos are in a category of their own. Any time i've gone into a deli or diner, hot dogs are always listed separate from sandwiches on the menu.

marwash22
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Provide the definition of a sandwhich, then explain how a burrito does not match that definition. 313

A sandwich is typically 'two pieces of bread with something between them', so a burrito wouldn't fit that definition. thumb up

Now there are some people who make single bread slice "sandwiches", but we can ignore them that's just an open-faced sandwich.

Tzeentch
A sandwich is typically 'two pieces of bread with something between them', so a burrito wouldn't fit that definition.

Now there are some people who make single bread slice "sandwiches", but we can ignore them Covered that already fam. Most rolls are a single piece of bread, so a sandwhich can't be defined as something between two pieces of bread, lest any sandwhich that has a roll for the bread part no longer counting as a sandwhich.

You need to step it up Marwash-sempai.

Robtard
You wouldn't call a cracker with a slice of cheese on top of it an "open-faced sandwich".

Tzeentch
An open-faced sandwhich is just a pizza.

jinXed by JaNx
An open-faced sandwhich is just a pizza.

How many sandwiches do you eat with marinara sauce?

Robtard
Everything Tzeen eats is covered in marinara

marwash22
Covered that already fam. Most rolls are a single piece of bread, so a sandwhich can't be defined as something between two pieces of bread, lest any sandwhich that has a roll for the bread part no longer counting as a sandwhich.

You need to step it up Marwash-sempai. buns and rolls start out as one single piece of bread that are sliced to create an opening for filling... that's no different than two slices of Wonder bread, which starts out as a single loaf of bread.

marwash22
btw, I'm disappointed with these poll results.

thought a lot more people would like meat in their buns.

Tzeentch
Two slices of wonderbread are sliced into "two slices", cut cleanly and separated into two entities. Rolls are not. They're still a one-whole piece of bread that's essentially just wrapped around some filling.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
How many sandwiches do you eat with marinara sauce? You've never heard of a meat-ball sub? You're missing out fam (family) tbh (to be honest).

btw, I'm disappointed with these poll results.

thought a lot more people would like meat in their buns. I got you.

Robtard
Covered that already fam. Most rolls are a single piece of bread, so a sandwhich can't be defined as something between two pieces of bread, lest any sandwhich that has a roll for the bread part no longer counting as a sandwhich.

You need to step it up Marwash-sempai.

When you cut a piece of bread into two or more parts, those parts become individual pieces autonomous from the original/each other. This is basic sandwichery 101.

Tzeentch
See above. And don't condescend to me fam, I'm a level 80 dutch-crunch aficionado.

Robtard
Not condescing. Hurt you even thought that tbh.

Separating a roll even partially constitutes as separating the bread into two slices. It's a little known clause in the sandwich rules.

marwash22

marwash22
"or a split roll having a filling in between."

http://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnLKIrbrNTYrFLO/giphy.gif

jinXed by JaNx

You've never heard of a meat-ball sub? You're missing out fam (family) tbh (to be honest).

I got you.

Yeah, but you would consider a meatball sub with only one slice of bread an open faced sandwich?

But yeah, i've never been fond of meatball subs.

Tzeentch
If it's okay for it to be one whole piece of bread do long as it has filling in it then a hot-dog and burrito are sandwiches as well!

Edit- I would consider a meat-ball sub with only a single slice of breaf to be like a cold pizza.

jinXed by JaNx
Not condescing. Hurt you even thought that tbh.

Separating a roll even partially constitutes as separating the bread into two slices. It's a little known clause in the sandwich rules.

you mean, splitting the roll in half?

jinXed by JaNx
If it's okay for it to be one whole piece of bread do long as it has filling in it then a hot-dog and burrito are sandwiches as well!

Edit- I would consider a meat-ball sub with only a single slice of breaf to be like a cold pizza.

Ok, so an essential ingredient in deciding what constitutes a sandwich is dough?

Nah, that's just cold meatballs

marwash22
hot-dog and burrito are sandwiches as well!
hotdogs are sandwiches.

burritos are not sandwiches.

a Burrito is a wrap. a wrap is not a sandwich. If you take the ingredients of a burrito and put it on a pita/tortilla, I'd call that an open-faced sandwich, but once you roll the pita/tortilla, it's no longer a sandwich... because the ingredients are not sandwiched between bread.

jinXed by JaNx
So what if my burrito was a BLT?

StyleTime
Lets say this: If I ordered a sandwich and got a hot dog I'd be confused and possibly annoyed.
Good point. I think most would react the same.
Yeah, a quesadilla though, that's a sandwich deffo.
There's a quesadilla burger at Applebee's.

Mindset
So what if my burrito was a BLT? It'd be a BLT.

Omega Vision
On the subject of BLTs, avocado is a great substitute for tomatoes if you don't have any tomatoes. Or a great supplement.

Mindset
But that's an BLA.

Omega Vision
Add cheese and ketchup and you've got a great sammich.

StyleTime
No cheese and mustard or go sauceless and I'd agree.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by StyleTime
No cheese and mustard or go sauceless and I'd agree.
You missed the joke.

StyleTime
And you quoted so I can't edit. uhuh

Mindset
Life is the joke.

Mindset
Buttsex is the punchline.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Buttsex is the punchline.
You're confusing life with the back of your van again.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You're confusing life with the back of your van again. Well, it's the only lives my victims know.

meep-meep
It is.

Mindship
"or a split roll having a filling in between."Subway's covered. *whew*

Jmanghan
No one's closed this yet? :/

Bardock42
Why the hate?

At worst it should be moved to the OTF, but really this actually sparked relatively civil discussion.

Also, apparently Oreos are sandwiches, who knew...

Omega Vision
Why the hate?

At worst it should be moved to the OTF, but really this actually sparked relatively civil discussion.

Sometimes I make icecream sandwiches with chips ahoy cookies.

Jesus McBurger
Why the hate?

I eat a lot of sandwiches then eek!

riv6672
Went through 4 pages fairly quick.
Has anyone defined "hot fog"?

Bardock42
I took the question more to be "do you consider a hot dog a sandwich" rather than "does Merriam Webster consider a hot dog a sandwich".

Both valid questions though...

Quincy
That's no sandwich by my definition

Unoriginal
Which one of you posted this on reddit?

http://i.imgur.com/U7kYg5G.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
Everything Tzeen eats is covered in marinara

well, that's different then. he's always eating pasta surprise.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Unoriginal
Which one of you posted this on reddit?

http://i.imgur.com/U7kYg5G.jpg

I missed the seminar? Why didn't anyone invite? mad

Unoriginal
I missed the seminar? Why didn't anyone invite? mad

You were too busy arguing on the Internet.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Unoriginal
You were too busy arguing on the Internet.

So i missed an online seminar because i was too busy online debating?

Well then, why was the damn seminar even held? I can't trust the source of this advertiser if it's not including it's key demographics in market research.

In other words..,all findings held there in are null and void.

I can make up my own presentation and base it on facts that i alone imagine (actually, that's not a bad idear, al Gore did it and he won a Noble Peace prize) however, i like to include both sides of the argument into the debate rather than just repeating my opinion.

Nice pull, on the post, though, that's a priceless meme wink

riv6672
Haha!!!laughing

riv6672
This is pretty good...

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich-092714

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.