The Elders of the Universe vs Apokalips...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In this senario, Grandmaster uses his ultra advanced technology (his Tri-Sphere to be exact) to warp Ego and the rest of the Elders into Low Orbit around Apokalips from a far distance location without warning...

The Elders (Collector, Champion, Gardener, Runner, Grandmaster, and Ego himself) immediately begin to attack Apokalips with the goal of destroying the planet utterly...

Can Apokalips combined beat off the attack without any prep time and prevent the planets destruction or does Apokalips fall to the full might of the Elders?

None of the Elders have Infinity Gems in this senario...

Whats the outcome?

Galan007
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
beat off
http://i.imgur.com/wcRyqS9.gif

...But yeah, Apokolips wins. thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/wcRyqS9.gif

...But yeah, Apokolips wins. thumb up

Do you think an Elder victory is impossible?

Do you know what they've done on panel?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Meh, I'm never a fan of thread starters who argue for one side over the other.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

We all have our bias's...even as thread starters...I just choose to voice mines.

Besides, theres always a motive to my threads and its not always to spite a given character...

For example...the thread of HP Doomsday vs Onslaught...I argued heavily for Onslaught based on Darkseids performance against Doomsday and Henshaw...right?

To your eyes (and others) it seemed like a spite thread, but that wasnt the goal of the thread at all...

In my mind Darkseid was jobbed out in the HP arc; Darkseids failure to defeat Doomsday with the OE was confirmation of that fact in my eyes...it was proof that Darkseid was written down in order to make Doomsday look good.

I was hoping that a counter argument would arise sufficient to dispel my belief on Darkseids handling during that arc (thus I had to match him against a formidable opponent to mask my belief),but I never got one that satisfied me...

That was the true motive there and it was not to spite Darkseid...

There is a motive to this thread as well, and its not to spite Apokalips...

Blue Area Vet
In this senario, Grandmaster uses his ultra advanced technology (his Tri-Sphere to be exact) to warp Ego and the rest of the Elders into Low Orbit around Apokalips from a far distance location without warning...

The Elders (Collector, Champion, Gardener, Runner, Grandmaster, and Ego himself) immediately begin to attack Apokalips with the goal of destroying the planet utterly...

Can Apokalips combined beat off the attack without any prep time and prevent the planets destruction or does Apokalips fall to the full might of the Elders?

None of the Elders have Infinity Gems in this senario...

Whats the outcome?

**** no.

deathslash
The elders are literally going to be like flies buzzing around the apokaliptians. They get crushed.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by deathslash
The elders are literally going to be like flies buzzing around the apokaliptians. They get crushed.

Oh thats not true...

You do know that Ego casually one shot destroyed an entire world during maximum security....right?

zopzop
Elders, IMHO.

Scoobless
Oh thats not true...

You do know that Ego casually one shot destroyed an entire world during maximum security....right?

Thor beat Ego using bad weather..... wink

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Scoobless
Thor beat Ego using bad weather..... wink

Ego has showing all over the place...

He's also been comparable to Galactus on occasion...

basilisk

Not the full might of the Elders, though. Contemplator and Possessor would also come in handy, maybe even Astronomer. Some of the others would be cannon fodder though.

There are supposed to be over a thousand Elders aren't there?

But anyway, with the specified force it's all going to come down to what Darkseid can do. A good showing from DS should really be able to repel them.

Insane Titan
Apok stomps

Juntai
Darkseid lets a bunch of fodder fight them until its almost lost before he steps out of the throne room onto his balcony and annihilates all of them effortlessly just so his peasants remember who the boss is.

Then revives anyone they lost.

Then kills Desaad for ****ing up.
Then brings him back.

deathslash
Originally posted by Juntai
Darkseid lets a bunch of fodder fight them until its almost lost before he steps out of the throne room onto his balcony and annihilates all of them effortlessly just so his peasants remember who the boss is.

Then brings him back. this actually sounds like what would happen.

TheLordofMurder

Then brings him back.

Sounds like your senario ignores Ego's presence; Ego would reduce Apokalips into an asteroid field if Darkseid doesn't act immediately...

I see I have to dig up some of Ego's feats....

Juntai
Sounds like your senario ignores Ego's presence; Ego would reduce Apokalips into an asteroid field if Darkseid doesn't act immediately...

I see I have to dig up some of Ego's feats....

Mine was more akin to how the comic would go. Instead of just writing "Darkseid steps out, and annihilates them" from the jump.

Ego regularly loses to herald level guys. Just because he had a feat of blowing up a planet once doesn't change that. Most heralds do.

And a story where Galactus ran to Thor for help shows you how bad that story was. Thor and Bill both have wins over Ego solo, as does Surfer, as does Gladiator,

Shit. He lost to Nick Fury didn't he?

Ego at his uber high end can be a problem for some characters, Darkseid and Apok are not among them.

At worst, he'd battlefield remove the whole planet, then open a black hole and watch the Elders die. Then mop up the remains.

Because most of them are ****ing scrubs.

TheLordofMurder
No question, when Elders job, they job uber hard...

Outside of Eternity, I cant think another character above Herald that jobs more often the Elders do...

That said, no PIS in a forum fight, and the Elders do have some pretty good feats...

Besides I can play that same card that you are and point out Darkseids failings; he has been utterly stomped by far less that whats coming after him here...

Edit: and you are dead wrong about an uber high end Ego not being a problem for Darkseid and Apokalips; High End Ego one shots planets and is in the same range of power as Galactus, and Galactus would utterly destroy Apokalips solo...

Ego at his best is Galactus level and has help from 4 Trans Tiers and 1 Low Skyfather...

Juntai
Feel free.
Spectre , Superman, Doomsday and Orion fulfilling the prophecy were the only un-retconned losses.

And those characters are above these characters too.

And the "ignore the fact that he always loses to heralds" Uber high end Ego could still be bfred away via Omega or Boomtube. He's no threat to Apok.

Juntai
But Darkseid isn't the only problem there, you have tons of high meta to herald level guys, like Grayven, Kalibak, Kanto, Artemiz, Bernadeth, Bloody Mary, Gilotina, Knockout, Lashina, Mad Harriet, Malice Vundabar, Speed Queen, Stompa, Wunda, Desaad, the Deep six, Canis Major and Canis Minor, Devilance, Doctor Bedlam, Ericht, Esak, Granny, Tusk, Buna, Breeda, Brimstone, and about a 100 or so others.

zopzop
Mine was more akin to how the comic would go. Instead of just writing "Darkseid steps out, and annihilates them" from the jump.

Ego regularly loses to herald level guys. Just because he had a feat of blowing up a planet once doesn't change that. Most heralds do.

And a story where Galactus ran to Thor for help shows you how bad that story was. Thor and Bill both have wins over Ego solo, as does Surfer, as does Gladiator,

Shit. He lost to Nick Fury didn't he?

Ego at his uber high end can be a problem for some characters, Darkseid and Apok are not among them.

At worst, he'd battlefield remove the whole planet, then open a black hole and watch the Elders die. Then mop up the remains.

Because most of them are ****ing scrubs.
Speaking of humiliating losses :
http://s13.postimg.org/qo2a8rqxf/Green_Lanternv380_Page_Giant3pg57_jpg_original.jpg

Juntai
Oh man! Darkseid got knocked down!

And it only took half the Green Lantern Corp dying to make it happen!

Juntai

Juntai
One on one, Raker went at Darkseid, and Darkseid snatched him up like a ***** and broke his hand and his ring and told him to run home.

But if you want to call getting knocked down a loss, then I guess Thanos destroyed Galctus like an insect too, right?

Insane Titan

I see I have to dig up some of Ego's feats.... Ego couldn't handle Thanos when they met. Ego threw everything at him what he had, he ain't doing shit to Apok

panthergod
Darkseid would easily annihilate Ego, who is trumped by Thor and BRB.

deathslash
Yeah. Ego is gonna die here. Also,bthe elders didn't use a boom tube so they are quite literally going to be like insects to the inhabitants of apokalips.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.