Knights of Ren

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
http://newmediarockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/the-force-awakens-new-trailer-analysis-knights-of-ren-2-700x292.jpg

With the new film comes a new group of force sensitives to explore. But from what rumors you've heard, how or what significance do they have with the First order and Darkside? How do you think they'll come to play in the Force Awakens, and how powerful are they in the darkside?

ares834

NewGuy01
Snoke is also one of the Ren.

ares834
No reason to believe that.

NewGuy01
'twas in a magazine I read a month or two back.

ares834
Pretty sure you'd be wrong. Abrams has said Snoke is "a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force" in a magazine though.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by carthage
http://newmediarockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/the-force-awakens-new-trailer-analysis-knights-of-ren-2-700x292.jpg

With the new film comes a new group of force sensitives to explore. But from what rumors you've heard, how or what significance do they have with the First order and Darkside? How do you think they'll come to play in the Force Awakens, and how powerful are they in the darkside?

I'm assuming they'll be kind of an elite force within the First Order, kind of like how the Jensaarai did for Tavira in "I, Jedi."

I have to admit I do like the fact that the writers have brought in a new group of dark Force-users (seemingly) and I hope they will feature prominently, if not in this movie then in future works. As much as I love the "Legends" EU the Sith were used far too much.

Originally posted by ares834
Pretty sure you'd be wrong. Abrams has said Snoke is "a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force" in a magazine though.

And this means he can't be a Knight of Ren... why?

Sinious
Originally posted by chilled monkey

And this means he can't be a Knight of Ren... why? I guess he means Ren would be a knight of Snoke.

ares834
Originally posted by chilled monkey
And this means he can't be a Knight of Ren... why?

I've not said as much. I only said that Abrams hasn't claimed that Snoke is a KoR.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Sinious
I guess he means Ren would be a knight of Snoke.
Definitely not what he meant. It's not like they're named after Kylo.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ares834
I've not said as much. I only said that Abrams hasn't claimed that Snoke is a KoR.

I see. Sorry, I misunderstood.

The Merchant
I think the Knights of Ren will be an off-shoot to the Inquisitors from the old Empire.

NewGuy01
I hope not.

queeq
They might just be a group of thugs Kylo hung out with before he got his Vader fanboyness...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Merchant
I think the Knights of Ren will be an off-shoot to the Inquisitors from the old Empire.

Would make sense considering they worship Vader.

queeq
How do you know? How do you know it's not just Kylo who does the worshipping?

Bashar Teg
i'm very much looking forward to seeing the knights who say ren.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by queeq
How do you know? How do you know it's not just Kylo who does the worshipping?

Good point. Could just be Kylo whose Vader's uber fanboy.

queeq
Yup. And he has some mates that like killing.

atv2
So one of the Knights of Ren has an electrical element to him and Kylo Ren does a test on his skills in the force. He does this 64 technique and it catches Kylo Ren's attention.

atv2
Then there's another knight that has an ice element to him. He was captured by the First Order and brought to Supreme Leader Snoke. Snoke saw potential in the Ice Man and recruited him into being a Knight of Ren.

NewLanceWindu
Where the **** are you pulling this nonsense out of?

quanchi112
Originally posted by atv2
Then there's another knight that has an ice element to him. He was captured by the First Order and brought to Supreme Leader Snoke. Snoke saw potential in the Ice Man and recruited him into being a Knight of Ren. laughing out loud

queeq
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Where the **** are you pulling this nonsense out of?

a fanboy's thumb...

atv2

queeq
Euh... did anyone get what he was saying?

Bashar Teg
whats a 64 technique?

NewLanceWindu
I think he was trying to "rap".

atv2

Yep, sure was.

atv2

If you look at the lyrics it may sound familiar but I'll give you chance to see if you and the other viewers will be able to find it out.

queeq
We don't really care. wink

atv2
We don't really care. wink

Haha.....you can't speak for everybody and that's not going to keep me from having fun with this.

atv2
I know that I threw in the electric and ice element knights for fun but it would be interesting to see some new elements in the force in Force Awakens or the upcoming episodes.

Bashar Teg
nah, queeq has the right of it.

queeq
Indeed... evil face

atv2
It was enough to have ya'll ask questions about the knights and the lyrics.

NewLanceWindu
Nah

queeq
Who asked?

atv2
Who asked?

You asked the meaning of the lyrics and Basher asked about the 64 technique when I brought up the two elemental Knights in Ren. Lance Windu was able to figure out that I was rapping and at the beginning wondered where I pulled the nonsense from. Now I got the "nonsense" from "Straight outta Compton". Straight Outta Compton rubbed its influence into The Force Awakens. They have T-Shirts that say "Straight Outta Jakku" being sold as we speak and they also had Kylo Ren as MC Ren, so I thought that making up some ideas of knights from Compton would have been fun to work with. As for the 64 Technique, it would be a thrusting Flash technique where he could run through his targets within 64 seconds. The 64 technique and the Electrical Element Knight was based on Easy-E and the Ice Element of course would be based on Ice-Cube. I had a hard time imagining Ice-Cube with a sword and thought he would be more suited for an axe and that's where the Light-Axe idea came from. Now since there was electricity used in the original and prequel trilogies, I decided to alter his The Electric Element Knight to an Earth Element and his 64 technique would be an Earth Quake that would cause a shaking on the surface and would read 6.4 on the richter scale. Anyone who saw Straight Outta Compton would know that the 64 came from Easy-E's Cruising down the street in his 64. Picking up on the Lyrics, I made it from Ice-Cube's "Gangsta Rap made me do it", where the Dark Side made the Knights of Ren do evil throughout the Galaxy. I was trying to have fun with it turning it to a puzzle-solver/brainteaser and hoped that the viewers could have fun with it too.

Although it is not confirmed yet if there would be any new elements introduced in the force for Force Awakens, I still think it would be fun to see some new elements used in it. The Knights of Ren are still in a state of mystery and their techniques could involve different elements in the force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.