The Monitor (COIE) Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i66.tinypic.com/sfla35.jpg

vs

http://i65.tinypic.com/9jiolg.jpg

Galan007
COIE Monitor was powered by every positive matter universe in the pre-crisis multiverse. Infinite universes. srsly

ghostman
monitor does to galactus what i do to my toilet after i eat albertos nachos

AsbestosFlaygon
Jobbertus does what he does best: lose the fight.

ghostman
now im not, the most informed poster here obviously, but does 616 galactus have universal level feats? ive seen him teleport a galaxy once,...

Utrigita
Monitor for the win, and easily at that.

Mindset
Galactus uses the UN and erases him.

Good thread.

Zack M
United Nations?

Prof. T.C McAbe
I would go with Galactus.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
COIE Monitor was powered by every positive matter universe in the pre-crisis multiverse. Infinite universes. srsly

really? i don't recall that. i remember he was pretty weak as things went on. maybe this would depend on what stage of monitor we're talking about? i also don't really recall any feats the monitor had. i wonder too if he'd be a prime candidate for being gobbled up by galactus. seems like he'd be tailor made to have his energy absorbed.... assuming this is a well appeased g to start off with (say at at least the celestial battling level...)

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
really? i don't recall that. i remember he was pretty weak as things went on. Yessir:
http://i.imgur.com/YEgCa2p.png

It was this revelation that made me realize COIE Anti-Monitor was packing the energy of nearly two MultiverseS at his peak... Essentially, he was Megaversal.

maybe this would depend on what stage of monitor we're talking about? It's Golgo. Obviously this is peak Monitor. stick out tongue

leonidas
lol you're probably right about that.... at his peak, this could be seen as spite.

Mindset
Originally posted by Zack M
United Nations? Sure, they'd beat him too.

Zack M
lol you're probably right about that.... at his peak, this could be seen as spite.

What if Monitor is powered by only ONE universe? Can Galactus compete now?

abhilegend
No.

baka

Digi
It's Golgo. Obviously this is peak Monitor. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

SquallX

Galan would have to be at his best and using the UN the second the fight start.

operator616

Even at his weakest the Monitor was able to create a netherverse and put 2 universes inside of it; Harbinger who is powered by the Monitor himself added 3 universes later on. Essentially he created a self contained multiverse (or multiversal space)

That's solidly above Galactus' level.

backup

In Infinite Crisis: The Absolute Version, Marv Wolfman said that were 3,000 universes:

http://imgur.com/byTf66L

What do you mean with "infinite universes"?

abhilegend
Originally posted by backup
In Infinite Crisis: The Absolute Version, Marv Wolfman said that were 3,000 universes:

http://imgur.com/byTf66L

What do you mean with "infinite universes"?
What? The multiverse was specified as infinite several times in the arc.

It's not called "Crisis on Three thousand Earths".

erm

zopzop
Originally posted by operator616
Even at his weakest the Monitor was able to create a netherverse and put 2 universes inside of it; Harbinger who is powered by the Monitor himself added 3 universes later on. Essentially he created a self contained multiverse (or multiversal space)

That's solidly above Galactus' level.
Yet Supergirl pushed his sh|t in an had him on the ropes till she was distracted.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Yet Supergirl pushed his sh|t in an had him on the ropes till she was distracted.
*Thor & Hyperion vs Beyonders*

*Starbrand vs Beyonder*

*Tree Beyonder*

thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend

*Starbrand vs Beyonder*

*Tree Beyonder*

thumb up
How is this supposed to help COIE AM?

Hickman's Beyonders like Hickman's Starbrand are total failures. The Hickman Beyonders can't even time travel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You'd have a point if it was the Classic Beyonders but bringing up these failures doesn't help your cause.

abhilegend
How is this supposed to help COIE AM?

Hickman's Beyonders like Hickman's Starbrand are total failures. The Hickman Beyonders can't even time travel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You'd have a point if it was the Classic Beyonders but bringing up these failures doesn't help your cause.
The same Beyonders killed every "multi-omni-mega-meta universal" abstract in marvel.

How are they a failure?

SquallX

Wrong Monitor guy.

DarkSaint85

One guy is powered by planets.

The other, by a universe.

Yes, it's much closer now.

zopzop
The same Beyonders killed every "multi-omni-mega-meta universal" abstract in marvel.

How are they a failure?
Because they can't even time travel. Something heralds are capable of. Hickman jobbed out the Marvel Pantheon for the sake of his story. Which has a GAPING plot hole as a result of his stupidity.
Originally posted by SquallX
Wrong Monitor guy.
I know. I'm just pointing out that Supergirl trashed his equivalent dark side.

SquallX
Because they can't even time travel. Something heralds are capable of. Hickman jobbed out the Marvel Pantheon for the sake of his story. Which has a GAPING plot hole as a result of his stupidity.

The Anti Monitor wasn't at his peak of power when Supergirl fought him either.

abhilegend

So they are a failure? How failed are Marvel's abstracts then?

Rao Kal El
This guy wins

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7658/348511-144414-anti-monitor.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
To be fair, under the same circumstances, Supergirl would have also pushed Galactus shit in, or LTs.

Philosophía
Yessir:
http://i.imgur.com/YEgCa2p.png

It was this revelation that made me realize COIE Anti-Monitor was packing the energy of nearly two MultiverseS at his peak... Essentially, he was Megaversal. Hm. On one hand, since he gets weaker with each positive-matter Universe Anti-Monitor destroys, I'd say it's implied that he's capable of harnessing all of that power simultaneously/is powered by all times by the totality - thus each part of that totality being destroyed reduces his power.

On the other hand, there's a clear distinction later with Anti-Monitor, who was doing the same thing , between channeling it and internalizing it. I'll make a water canon analogy - being able to channel the water through the hose, and outright being able to throw the totality of the water at once.

With that distinction, I'm not sure whether or not to put him at Multiversal.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Utrigita
Monitor for the win, and easily at that.

Thread should have ended here

Mr Master

*Starbrand vs Beyonder*

*Tree Beyonder*
Thor & Hyperion were getting stomped by a single Beyonder.
When they damaged this Beyonders' physical form, it repaired itself instantly, and proceeded owning.
So, it matters little how many Beyonders' physical forms were damaged/destroyed at the end.

Starbrand: The same Beyonder that can reform its broken body instantly,
somehow wasn't portrayed doing the same when Strabrand broke its body. PIS!

Tree Beyonder: That's the baboon Beyonder that just stood there jobbing waiting to get warped.
This Beyonder never defended itself, and didn't even try to stop the warping. ~~> facepalm! = PIS/CIS!

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mr Master
When they damaged this Beyonders' physical form, it repaired itself instantly, and proceeded owning.
So, it matters little how many Beyonders' physical forms were damaged/destroyed at the end.

Tree Beyonder: That's the baboon Beyonder that just stood there jobbing waiting to get warped.
This Beyonder never defended itself, and didn't even try to stop the warping. ~~> facepalm! = PIS/CIS!
Whine some more.

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

the Darkone
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
This guy wins

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7658/348511-144414-anti-monitor.jpg

One of the greatest Covers for a comic All Time

Zack M
I agree.

BeyonderGod
Galactus once universe busted just by raising his fist.
Galactus with UN is Multiverse level

Lol Galactus wins.

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by Mr Master

Tom Brevoort confirmed them losing was just for the stories plot for secret wars.

Beyonders with no CIS/PIS stomps fiction.

Zack M
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Galactus once universe busted just by raising his fist.
Galactus with UN is Multiverse level

Lol Galactus wins.

Scans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.