The Kindly Ones Vs Dormammu, Mephisto, & Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
The witches or Demons?

http://i66.tinypic.com/nchwyh.jpg

Galan007
This is pretty blatant spite... Moreso than normal. none

ghostman
ha i just started reading sandman!!!

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
This is pretty blatant spite... Moreso than normal. none

Feats that make you think so? Both dormanmu and Mephisto are nothing to sneeze at.

Omega Vision
The Kindly Ones are Universal abstracts. The team are skyfathers at best.

Morpheus was able to own a high level demon in the Dreaming, whereas it took everything he had to force the Kindly Ones out, but he couldn't stop them for good.

Zack M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Kindly Ones are Universal abstracts. The team are skyfathers at best.

Both dormanmu and Mephisto have fought eternity.

cdtm
The Kindly Ones didn't really have any power that Dream didn't let them have over him.

Their whole deal is guilt tripping abstracts over killing a blood relative until they suicide themselves. If, say, Lucifer or Destruction was their target, they could simply ignore them, as Dream easily could have.

Hell, when Death lost her temper with them, they backed off quick, with a meek "just doing our jobs..".

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
The Kindly Ones didn't really have any power that Dream didn't let them have over him.

Their whole deal is guilt tripping abstracts over killing a blood relative until they suicide themselves. If, say, Lucifer or Destruction was their target, they could simply ignore them, as Dream easily could have.

Hell, when Death lost her temper with them, they backed off quick, with a meek "just doing our jobs..".
Exactly.

Demons 3 win.

abhilegend
No, they don't.

leonidas
it's another ridiculous thread. the kindly ones would NEVER attack these 3 unless they were given cause by each of them. if they were they would kill them, or destroy their realms in turn, perhaps quickly or perhaps over time. it would be irrelevant--the kindly ones WOULD kill them. that is their purview and if justly invoked none of the demons could do anything at all to stop them.

death could drive them off because they had nothing binding them to her. they would have killed morpheus or destroyed his realm (which would have amounted to the same thing.)

without being invoked they couldn't do anything to the demons. if they were invoked against them, the demons die. terrible thread.

Troian
Originally posted by leonidas
it's another ridiculous thread. the kindly ones would NEVER attack these 3 unless they were given cause by each of them. if they were they would kill them, or destroy their realms in turn, perhaps quickly or perhaps over time. it would be irrelevant--the kindly ones WOULD kill them. that is their purview and if justly invoked none of the demons could do anything at all to stop them.

death could drive them off because they had nothing binding them to her. they would have killed morpheus or destroyed his realm (which would have amounted to the same thing.)

without being invoked they couldn't do anything to the demons. if they were invoked against them, the demons die. terrible thread.

I know the post is almost a year old but I want to give my thoughts. I don't think the Furies are that powerful. I seriously doubt that if Death broke a rule somehow the Furies could kill her. She is Death after all. The Kindly Ones virtually featless aside from only one noteworthy feat that is technically debunked and I can assure you, they couldn't have killed Death nor can have killed Morpheus even if they tried. The Furies are not Destruction or Destiny or Death.

It was Death that truly killed him and if the Furies had any part in his death, it was because Morpheus allowed them to/he had to conform to the rules and take the punishment for his crime. But you're right. The Furies never attack unless someone breaks a sacred rule is broken or something along those lines yadda yadda.

Troian
I just reread The Sandman comic again for clarification.

Dream claimed he didn't feel the same after killing his son so it was more an internal moral battle. On top of that he said the Furies can't directly affect him while inside his realm or do anything unmanageable for him. But Death went on to say that he had already lost the Dreaming once but he re-gained it implying that he most likely can and will overcome them.

Then after a little banter, explain that it was all his fault, the Kindly ones day that they were doing their job and I guess after a little heart to heart, talking about what he did, etc etc he then he lets Death touch kill him. The Furies were never truly, or at least couldn't kill him in the same way Death did to him.

operator616
The kindly ones were destroying the dreaming (even if Dream wasn't resisting them it's still impressive), and they were also stated to destroy entire universes prior to that. If we assume they are going for the kill against the demons (since they can't act unless the target spills family blood), then they win.

krisblaze
The kindly ones would only attack them if they were allowed by the universal rules or whatever.

And in the instance where they are allowed then they should surely be powerful enough to handle them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.